Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Further explanation: what happened with pools and toddlers

Comments

• Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited July 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    No wonder he's excited for TS4. He can't comprehend the news.

Ah, a personal attack against me because I want to play the game. Lovely.

Nothing. Rich Hilleman decided long ago that people lie and those who complain the loudest are EA’s biggest customers. EA equates outrage and customer complaints with sales so there’s no incentive for them to spend the money needed to put out a finished product. They’re betting we’ll buy it anyway.

I specifically meant that THIS PARAGRAPH IS NOT EA. It's just jaded cynicism. If "Cynicism" is the language and comprehension that the article is speaking with, no wonder you understand it better than I.

Lol you act like what is said is a bad thing. It's the basics of what he said exactly. That EA customers will buy regardless of complaining. No cynicism in that, it's plain truth. They will. The truth is as long as we complain and buy where is the incentive for anything. All very much true. I don't see the problem here in saying what's true and i don't think it makes EA look bad, not to me.

Want to know why, because companies don't have morals their goal is to make profit. If customers are willing to pay for what they produce why should they make anything of hire quality when millions will buy it they way it is now. So what if people complain in the forums, what exactly will it accomplish other than a lot of hot air being blown out. If you're going to buy anyway why should ea care that you're upset. So the guy hasn't said anything that isn't already happening. Honeywell is stating the facts Ea placed their bets people complain and will still buy. Even me, a person who doesn't like sims 4 and is not going to buy it till it improves, knows not to bet against those odds. I'd lose hands down. 15,000 signed the petition but im betting over 80 percent of that petition has preoders on sims 4.

Just my experience i've seen simmers try to boycott sims and it's a very small group that did try it. If you could have seen the backlash they got, and then how much of a waste that boycott was. Don't play or buy a sims game for a day. What in the world doesn't that accomplish. Not a thing, what did EA anticipate and not worry about, they'll be back to buy and play tomorrow. LOL. So maybe it's my experience with people and EA that i don't find it the least bit cynical at all, which was why i comprehended it all better than you.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Anavastia, I love your new avatar! So cute :)
    Yup showing my support for toddlers. This will be my avatar for a while now. She's quite cute though i really like it myself.
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited July 2014
    These forums have gone past simple "complaining".

Force-feeding your opinion then getting mad when someone disagrees is not "complaining".
    Insulting others because they want to buy the game is not "complaining".
    Creating threads and posts specifically to call someone out is not "complaining".

The word you're searching for is "bullying".
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    These forums have gone past simple "complaining".

Force-feeding your opinion then getting mad when someone disagrees is not "complaining".
    Insulting others because they want to buy the game is not "complaining".
    Creating threads and posts specifically to call someone out is not "complaining".

The word you're searching for is "bullying".

Please both sides have their bullies. Just today the moderators had to pull off 4 threads on the front page of players telling others to shut up, go away, stop being childish, grow up, you're idiots, pathetic, etc. List goes on and on. I'm sure the other side is just as tired of being called sheep, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, idiots, fanboys/fangirls (though i never understand why this is an insult), useless, etc.

Handful of bullies for sure, you know when you see bullies they're henchman come out to emphasize the problem. Rather than reasoning and trying to be understanding of both sides or try to comprehend one another situation you have a lot of bickering.

However there are those of us who have nothing to do with that, we're having a discussion and that's all. No one needs to feel the same as me, no more than i need to feel the same as you. So guess what don't loop everyone together, I would no more loop you in with the people who are being rude to complainers any more than you should loop me in to people being rude to non complainers.

I've also see some people become way too sensitive about opinions on the game. The game notice im not talking about each other just the game. Whether we like it or not the opinion is an opinion. I think both sides have enough information to form a sound opinion on if they like the product they're selling or not. Why get mad at each other for that opinion I never know, but it all has to do with people having the need to push others into groups and conform to their thinking. That's not bullying it's called peer pressure. A huge difference. Many times peer pressure can use bullying tactics to get others to conform but if you're a strong minded individual hold to your principals. If you like sims 4 you like and to me nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited July 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    However there are those of us who have nothing to do with that, we're having a discussion and that's all. No one needs to feel the same as me, no more than i need to feel the same as you. So guess what don't loop everyone together, I would no more loop you in with the people who are being rude to complainers any more than you should loop me in to people being rude to non complainers.

I'm sorry, it's just that when someone posts THIS:

That just felt like a multi-punch insult. He insulted me because I like the game and he insulted my reading comprehension skills.

I usually consider myself a nice person, but when you insult me because I want to get a game, I am more than willing to drop that trait.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    JULES1111 wrote:
    Ya that last part makes me throw up a little everytime I see it. Guess what EA! I am a fan of Sims, I am complaining, and doing it loudly, but guess what? Despite what you "think" (and I use that term loosley) I am NOT buying this half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game! On another note...did anyone else watch the parody? I lol :lol:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eeE9mE-H_A

You DO realize that last part was an opinion of Honeywell, not EA right?

Of course you do!
    Wow I left for a bit, came back to this ^^, I was gonna comment, but then I see everyone has already done that for me! Thanks guys. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    utterlyunzipped
    Explain to me why Elders should be different height than adults? Maybe in the last couple years of life after 20-30 years of life after reaching the magic 60 that is considered elders - there might be a tiny bit of height lost to some people due to over all health conditions or surgeries - but my step dad is 78 and still the same 6 foot tall he was when he was 20 and when he was 30, 40, 50, and 60. When is it he is suppose to shrink to a whisp of his former self exactly? In fact other than his hair is grey instead of black and he has more lines on his face than when he was 35 - no difference. That is one of many simmers biggest gripes since Sims existed was the shrinking of senior and turning them into something else entirely instead of making the elder life cycle as it really is. I just guess all those 30 year olds that start making sims looked at all the aging head huncho's at EA and their own parents and finally decided we were telling them the truth. Elders should be the same as AD and YA's. Even many teens in real life are almost if not already reached their adult height - but I can get that being a little bit shorter but no where as drastically as Sims 2 and 3. But elders - it is about time they finally got them right. My real dad by the way was 6 foot 5 and still 6 foot 5 when he died.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is just so sad. This game could've actually been great if they never tried to pull that online-only garbage. Who on Earth thought that the next generation of always sing-player Sims, should be online? Hope they were fired. :?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:

That just felt like a multi-punch insult. He insulted me because I like the game and he insulted my reading comprehension skills.

I usually consider myself a nice person, but when you insult me because I want to get a game, I am more than willing to drop that trait.

Yup but you should direct your thoughts at the person who is doing that to you. Though I like that Pguida can be informative I also don't like when he's insulting others. I feel it's not right and no matter how frustrating the topic we shouldn't resort to it. So you may not feel like being nice, I understand i was faced with the same situation by another user on this forum for not liking sims 3. I directed my distaste at that person and not at others because of that person. I always pointed out that when this person resorted to belittling me or insulting me that all they were doing was showing how little they brought to the discussion. No one listens to people who talk to others like that. The reasons why is , they might be trying to say something that is of importance or does make since. However it's all lost when the person is put in the defense and all they can concentrate on is the insult you lashed at them.

So it's ot that I don't understand you adventfear i very much do but you just need to hold true to how you feel. In every way i did the same, if you're comfortable with the way you feel about the game you don't have to worry about another persons insults. We all love sims, we all are fanboys and fangirls and passionate about our game. Try to remember that.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    utterlyunzipped
    Explain to me why Elders should be different height than adults? Maybe in the last couple years of life after 20-30 years of life after reaching the magic 60 that is considered elders - there might be a tiny bit of height lost to some people due to over all health conditions or surgeries - but my step dad is 78 and still the same 6 foot tall he was when he was 20 and when he was 30, 40, 50, and 60. When is it he is suppose to shrink to a whisp of his former self exactly? In fact other than his hair is grey instead of black and he has more lines on his face than when he was 35 - no difference. That is one of many simmers biggest gripes since Sims existed was the shrinking of senior and turning them into something else entirely instead of making the elder life cycle as it really is. I just guess all those 30 year olds that start making sims looked at all the aging head huncho's at EA and their own parents and finally decided we were telling them the truth. Elders should be the same as AD and YA's. Even many teens in real life are almost if not already reached their adult height - but I can get that being a little bit shorter but no where as drastically as Sims 2 and 3. But elders - it is about time they finally got them right. My real dad by the way was 6 foot 5 and still 6 foot 5 when he died.

lol

It has nothing to do with real life and everything to do with game life. Players like character building and ambiance. In other words it's purely aesthetic of why people wnat distinctions in height with older people and teens in game. A smaller teen represents this person is still younger than an adult.

An elderly person that is smaller in frame, hunched over, etc looks more elderly. Lol though my great grandmother lived to be 100 all the way till she was 90 she played tennis actively. She was in great shape. However players aren't looking at sims through the eyes of real life they're looking at it through a video game. If you think that way you can see why people don't like elderly to be the same height as adults.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Thank you for sharing, I felt this summed it up very well.

I especially like how Honeywell tells it like it is, though it makes for depressing reading. I mean without wanting to sound rude, the other major fan site hasn't even mentioned the petition. :(

The "other" site is a favorite with EA, I think this site likes the goodies, so nothing negative from them. Essentially being bought.

They enjoy free internationa trips, games and hardware free of charge at their door. excluse interviews.

They also live off the website and NEED TS4 to succeed.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    pguida wrote:

Ah, a personal attack against me because I want to play the game. Lovely.

No. YOU attacked the article and Honeywell when there was a clear link with the man in question saying EXACTLY the ideas she summarized.

[quote=adventfearNothing. Rich Hilleman decided long ago that people lie and those who complain the loudest are EA’s biggest customers. EA equates outrage and customer complaints with sales so there’s no incentive for them to spend the money needed to put out a finished product. They’re betting we’ll buy it anyway.[/quote]

I specifically meant that THIS PARAGRAPH IS NOT EA. It's just jaded cynicism. If "Cynicism" is the language and comprehension that the article is speaking with, no wonder you understand it better than I.[/quote]

HE SAID THAT. Even the people lie bit. It's in the VIDEO.

If there is a cynic here, it's him, not Honeywell.

It's funny you use lies to try and spread "positivity".
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    adventfear wrote:

Didn't you do this in this very thread, though?
  • Options
    ElfseekerElfseeker Posts: 28 Member
    edited July 2014
    'no time'. riiight. there is no such thing as 'no time' in game development. else how can you have companies even think of going 'when its done'? and yet, some of them do. imagine that. waiting with release until you can do nothing more to improve a game. amazing concept, no? and probably bringing them a lot more money than ea will enjoy from this tragedy of a demo-game. that we will, of course, pay above full-game price for.

Unless something drastic happens soon, EA will render the games industry all but moot. back to the dark ages. that, or the world becomes even more a pile of sheep and pay through the nose for pieces of the player character. to be assembled once they have managed to gather all the pieces of the rest of the game as well. can't you just see it?

it's a shame the various companies could not see the danger, and sell their game rights to lesser colleagues and dissolve rather than step in under EA's quality-leeching umbrella. at least I don't think any other groups will think to join them now...

I'll shut up now.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    adventfear wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:

Yup but you should direct your thoughts at the person who is doing that to you. Though I like that Pguida can be informative I also don't like when he's insulting others. I feel it's not right and no matter how frustrating the topic we shouldn't resort to it. So you may not feel like being nice, I understand i was faced with the same situation by another user on this forum for not liking sims 3. I directed my distaste at that person and not at others because of that person. I always pointed out that when this person resorted to belittling me or insulting me that all they were doing was showing how little they brought to the discussion. No one listens to people who talk to others like that. The reasons why is , they might be trying to say something that is of importance or does make since. However it's all lost when the person is put in the defense and all they can concentrate on is the insult you lashed at them.

So it's ot that I don't understand you adventfear i very much do but you just need to hold true to how you feel. In every way i did the same, if you're comfortable with the way you feel about the game you don't have to worry about another persons insults. We all love sims, we all are fanboys and fangirls and passionate about our game. Try to remember that.

adventfear has been unkind to me often. He used to call me all sorts of things when I pointed out we had signs pools and toddlers might not be in the game.

He and plenty ganged up on me in an attempt to ridicule and ostracize me.

He doesn't get to play neither the "poor me", nor the "wore-is-me" cards now.

He did apologize once for what he did. So I apologize now, as a payback.

I'm sorry I said that.

Just don't attack a simmer, Honeywell, who does so much for the community. She brings us real news, while others cash in freebies and just post official press releases. Especially when you are accusing her of can be disproved in the link included in her article, with video proof.

Don't call her cynic and say she's making stuff up when the guy in the video does say what was written in the article's last paragraph.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Elfseeker wrote:
    'no time'. riiight. there is no such thing as 'no time' in game development. else how can you have companies even think of going 'when its done'? and yet, some of them do. imagine that. waiting with release until you can do nothing more to improve a game. amazing concept, no? and probably bringing them a lot more money than ea will enjoy from this tragedy of a demo-game. that we will, of course, pay above full-game price for.

Unless something drastic happens soon, EA will render the games industry all but moot. back to the dark ages. that, or the world becomes even more a pile of sheep and pay through the nose for pieces of the player character. to be assembled once they have managed to gather all the pieces of the rest of the game as well. can't you just see it?

it's a shame the various companies could not see the danger, and sell their game rights to lesser colleagues and dissolve rather than step in under EA's quality-leeching umbrella. at least I don't think any other groups will think to join them now...

I'll shut up now.

Sad thing here is, we all here WANT to give EA hundreds of dollars.

They just have to stop this greedy mismanagement and deliver.

There's still time to postpone this release six months or a year and make it right.

Not unhread of in the game industry.

I have easily spent over $1000 on TS3. 16,000 (who signed the petition) are a potential $16,000,000 lost.
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited July 2014
    Elfseeker wrote:

I'll shut up now.

Please don't shut up, because this is what many are thinking and watching happen.

I wouldn't put it past them to charge for pieces of the player character, nowadays.

It isn't like it used to be.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Okay - I know for a fact a bunch of the signers on there - signed because they are supporting their friends or are actually unhappy about some things - they have said as much over the week in the forums - but in the same breath already claim to be buying it anyway. Talk about playing off both ends of the same stick. So you can count the signers - but you cannot use the total to say lost revenue. I also know a lot of the simmers are still on the fence because they have seen no live game play. Some had said that had stated they were not buying also added - unless EA wows us. But no matter what - you may have a set number of signers but by no means a set number of simmers that will swear no matter what they won't buy the game unless it is delayed. No way - so the numbers loss will never equal the number of simmers on that list.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Elfseeker wrote:

I'll shut up now.

Sad thing here is, we all here WANT to give EA hundreds of dollars.

They just have to stop this greedy mismanagement and deliver.

There's still time to postpone this release six months or a year and make it right.

Not unhread of in the game industry.

I have easily spent over $1000 on TS3. 16,000 (who signed the petition) are a potential $16,000,000 lost.

Not everyone wants to give EA hundreds of dollars... just sayin'
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Okay - I know for a fact a bunch of the signers on there - signed because they are supporting their friends or are actually unhappy about some things - they have said as much over the week in the forums - but in the same breath already claim to be buying it anyway. Talk about playing off both ends of the same stick. So you can count the signers - but you cannot use the total to say lost revenue. I also know a lot of the simmers are still on the fence because they have seen no live game play. Some had said that had stated they were not buying also added - unless EA wows us. But no matter what - you may have a set number of signers but by no means a set number of simmers that will swear no matter what they won't buy the game unless it is delayed. No way - so the numbers loss will never equal the number of simmers on that list.

No. They will be higher. That made enough of an impact a few sites wrote articles on it.

If it hits 20,000, more will.

Perception is reality. Media is dominated by opinion formers leaders . A seven number ******* posts on twitter may cause major media coverage on a topic. Two million people out of over two hundred million protesting on the street are enough to cause major political turmoil in a country.

Do you think every x-Box gamer took the time to rant and rage online when Microsoft announced how X-Box one worked? Do you think millions were actively online? No. But the perception was so overwhelming Microsoft completely changed X-Box One.

People go with the perceived tide. The two-step flow of communication or Multistep Flow Model, says that most people form their opinions under the influence of opinion leaders, who in turn are influenced by the mass media. So according to this model, ideas flow from mass media to opinion leaders, and from them to a wider population.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    cooli02000 wrote:
    Not everyone wants to give EA hundreds of dollars... just sayin'

Plenty of simmers on this forums own several EPs, SPs and Store Content legally. If you add up, you might be surprised how much the total sum can be.

If they release The Sims 4 and it's truly a next-gen game that wows us, I'm sure all these people, myself included, would continue those expenditures on EA product.

In the long run, a delay to make the game as good as it can be pays off.
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:

What personal difference does it make to you, what these numbers are or end up being?

Some are on the fence, because of EA's lack of definitive information - do you know exactly why they are so quiet?

You have been a simmer since the beginning and never have we not seen so much not said before.

Something is not right, with it being so close to release.

They should be pushing information left and right to get EVERYBODY to preorder and boost whatever quota they are trying to meet.
  • Options
    JulyRaines7JulyRaines7 Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am so disgusted. At this point you couldn't pay me to buy the game.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think the other shoe is about to drop and its going to be a a hot mess.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?