Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Built a Thing [Image Heavy] - Floorplan-based Creation

babynyx57babynyx57 Posts: 270 Member
So, it's been a while since I've been here (with the exception of earlier today), and I built something that I figured I'd share. Why not, right?

It's based on a particular set of plans, and a lot of the details are very particular (like the knife set on the counter, the floor pattern, the living room rug pattern, etc). It was somewhat hastily thrown together, but I might improve it later on. There's not really any landscaping right now.

Anyways, it has three bedrooms and three and a half baths. Technically, there's space for another of both, but I turned that into a sauna. It doesn't have much artwork up, since that tends to be more subject to personal preference.

Either way, here it is:

SimpleBuilds - Modern Marvel

And some photos:
XvGovzL.jpg
YhWJg2O.jpg
eqXPelH.jpg
fMw2rSe.jpg
scgddLD.jpg
myNd2Ou.jpg

View from the sundeck:
oinj6yE.jpg

Pool area:
j91yq4C.jpg
ZzhuRwD.jpg

Home Theatre:
2rWcSOi.jpg

Bar:
TNrYoP3.jpg

Dining Room & Kitchen:
cLyaXO9.jpg

Kitchen:
FMsjTP9.jpg

Living Room:
x3o7KQH.jpg
wVPJz3L.jpg

Sauna:
4rgqab9.jpg
4qdWbdo.jpg

Master Suite:
rcAVELk.jpg
Hun4ru9.jpg
Avy3gmL.jpg
8fqhfm3.jpg

Princess Suite:
D0Q2UFY.jpg
cATKwEZ.jpg

Racing Suite:
EgdKAPL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh, and here are some images of the original (real) house:

w560x373.jpg?v=4
    w560x373.jpg?v=4
    w560x373.jpg?v=4
    w560x373.jpg?v=4
    w560x373.jpg?v=4
    w560x373.jpg?v=4
    w560x373.jpg?v=5

As you can see, I made some modifications, but stuck to quite a bit of it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm not very good with design. No CAP or CC was used.

If you guys have any suggestions or critiques, I'm all ears!

Thanks!

EDIT: And, whoops! Fixed a few issues. There's now railing around the stairs, the roof has been fixed, etc.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,645 Member
    edited July 2014
    Simple Builds Modern Marvel is a very nice home :) You have reflected the real life home very well in simform! The exterior of the home looks great! It looks great how you have done the windows! Great upper balcony for sims to enjoy relaxing on the loungers with great views. It looks great how you have done the kitchen! The furnishing and layout of the kitchen resembles the inspiration home very well! The type of wall tiling, the colours and type of counters , knife block and stool reflect well the original. The fruit bowl on the counter is nice there. The dining table looks nice. The glasses on the table look nice there, and resemble the original. Great outdoors patio areas. Great pool and hot tub area for sims to enjoy resting poolside on the loungers or relaxing in the hot tub. The upper patio deck outdoors cooking and dining area looks great. Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ there and eating outdoors in the sunshine at the table. It is great that sims can also enjoy sitting chatting around the firepit there, enjoying toasting food. Nice type of seats that you have placed there for sims to sit on around the firepit and for dining. Sims will have fun playing golf. Nice furnishing of the interior of the home. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofas in the home theatre room whilst watching movies on the large screen tv. Great dining and bar area. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meal. Great living room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs and sofa , warming up in front of the fireplace and enjoying listening to music from the grand piano being played. Great tv watching and video games playing area. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the sauna or have a relaxing massage on the massage table. It looks great how you have used the screen shade to divide off the table. Great master suite! The walk in clothes and shoes closet is great! It is nice that you have used the triangular bath tub in the master bath. The leaves pictures on the bedhead wall look nice there. Nice pink and grey colour scheme that you have used in the princess suite. The type of bed and dresser/ mirror that you have used looks nice. Great racing car themed bedroom. The car themed bed looks great! Great study desk area for sims to use the computer at whilst sunlight comes in onto the desk through the window.
    It is a great home :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks rosemow! I've seen your comments on a lot of threads, and I appreciate your feedback!

Is there anything in particular that you'd change about it, given the choice?
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    Great modern home! I love the shape of the build and that pool area is fantastic! Recommended. :thumbup: