Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims fans you have the power to change sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:

I thought Sk8rblaze had a good response. It's intelligent and well written out. He or she is entitled to thier opinion, and I happen to agree with it.

I never said it wasn't intelligent or good response only that i was disappointed in the way he thought simmers were only upset because they wanted toddlers and pools. Even if you agree with it, it's not an accurate reflection of how simmers are feeling and why they are upset. I never mentioned that sim guru's were stupid, or have I implied that.

They're paid workers in the end and they go buy they're salary. In the long run i don't feel they want to put out this game anymore than we don't want them to. However what choice do the guru's get? They're hired employees and therefore they have to do what they're told to provide food for their families. I think our guru's as individuals are talented, intelligent people, but those talented intelligent people don't call the shots, EA does. So to me they're not involved in this. It's Ea's business practices that are the main issue here. The way they take advantage of their consumer base is not right.

Believing in a bright future is optimism not being open minded. Open minded is acknowledging both the good and bad of topics. Which means also acknowledging the future can also be bleak. For me this isn't about either, this is about improving something for a better future as i don't believe that will happen if we just let things be as they are now. Again ea has no incentive to change unless we the fans create that incentive.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    In other words ^

Once the shareholders pull out from all the loss,the entire sims franchise tanks. and thus,no future titles.

Yep~ under EA!!! I'm sure a better company who loves the fans will buy it for a penny or two :wink:
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2014
    If you REALLY want to make a difference then do what a different fanbase did years ago:

Back in 1969 or thereabouts, NBC decided to cancel Star Trek after only 2 seasons. The fans started a massive mail writing campaign where they sent tons and tons of mail, and NBC ended up renewing the series for a third season thanks to those fans.

Granted, this was before the internet and there *were* no forums, so this was the only way that fans could be heard. But, guess what? The same still applies, and the same strategy WILL work if people will just get off their lazy behinds and do it.

You want EA to hear you? Google their mailing address. Find out who currently is running the company. Write to that person. Tell that person that you are unhappy with the direction that they are taking the Sims franchise and let them know that is the reason that you will stop supporting the franchise and will no longer be buying their product.

Be respeectful, logical and calm. If EA starts getting a lot of snail mail from fans this will demonstrate that the fans really DO care enough to do more than just talk smack, as the saying goes....or as we say in Texas: "Money talks and B S walks"

Yes, I know that the idea of sitting in front of your computer and actually writing a business letter is a foreign concept to some people. I don't even know if they even teach the art of writing letters in schools anymore. But it would be worth your effort, and far more effective than posting petitions on some forum that EA doesn't take seriously. What will speak loudest of all to them is the fans who feel passionate enough to take the time to write a respectful business letter letting them know how the cow ate the cabbage. And I'm not talking e-mail either. I'm talking actual Snail Mail delivered by the good ole' US Postal Service. After all, EA still has a mailroom.

So, what I'm saying is: Don't waste your time with internet petitions. Instead, use your time wisely and give EA something concrete to think about....thousands and thousands of letters written by unhappy and dissatisfied customers who are going to bypass the latest Sims game unless the company changes its policies.

You have all of July and all of August to get this done. Get to it.

Anything less is just pure laziness.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    edited June 2014
    Dearra95 wrote:
    JULES1111 wrote:
    In other words ^

Once the shareholders pull out from all the loss,the entire sims franchise tanks. and thus,no future titles.
    Future titles don't meen squat if they are gonna suck more and more out of each instalment :roll:

Exactly! So you would rather have a faulty game with nothing in it that possibly sucks just to keep the franchise alive? Sorry but that makes no sense.

Faulty games can be patched or even emergency patched. Besides this we don't know the game even has any game killing bugs yet.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    SMH.

The damage is done already. We've made a dent in their reputation, and they're surely to react by delivering these features. You realize you people are freaking out over, what, 3 features that can just be brought back into the game through patches and expansions, mind you, MUCH better, refined, and fleshed out to be the best they've ever been before?

"A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad." The reason you people are holding this whole backlash is JUST because of these features. Wouldn't you say the decision to NOT include them half ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ into the game is because they plan on bringing them back, but better?

Who said The Sims is pools?
    Who said The Sims is toddlers?
    Who said The Sims is CASt?

FACT OF THE MATTER Look at the bigger picture here, folks. Does it suck these features aren't included? Hell yes. But there are many reasons to look past the lack of these features. Because The Sims is much more than toddlers, pools, and changing a shirt to match your wallpaper. Come September, we'll be playing a game with the MOST intelligent Sims, made in the MOST easy and fun to use CAS (with the MOST and arguably BEST content in any Sims game before), building their houses in the most easy to use and fun to use build/buy modes, and simulating their lives in the most beautiful world the franchise has put out.

All I'm saying is the gurus aren't stupid, don't underestimate them. Some have been with the franchise since day 1, and they're intelligent people who have experience with EA. They've hinted multiple times that their focus is to deliver a fun game built on a solid foundation, which will allow them to later expand it to be better than ever. After all, it's the expansion packs that really shine in any Sims game.

The Sims 4's future is bright, if you allow it to be. Be open minded.

No skaterblaz that's where you're wrong, and lately i've been a little bit shocked by your responses because you should know me well enough by now. This is not about just toddlers and pools missing. I know you think it's that simple but it really is not. It's just the tipping of the iceberg. I'm a bit disappointed in you for thinking that way because it belittles in every way why simmers are upset.

Simmers are upset because they feel EA is not truthful, they do not deliver a quality product, that they are not being heard, and that they are over charging and providing less content. These are important issues that every simmer is upset about. Toddlers just pretty much tipped the scales and that's all that happened.

You believe the game has a solid foundation. However nothing suggests to me that it has one other than the words of one simguru who is scripted to say that to us. This is a recycled game of olympus and it's a bad start. How can a foundation be solid when it's had a horrible building filled with cracks. it's not eventually it crumbles and has problems. Even before the game is released we are seeing those problems surface. That's not a good sign, yet ea is still trying to put this game on the market for others to buy. I feel that's wrong and they should provide better for their consumer, whether they like it or not the fan deserves better than what is provided. So please try to understand the user before you belittle and assume the problem is minor it's not. It's an industry that is taking advantage of an area that has no consumer laws in it. it's time for players that feel this is horrible to keep speaking out and not just accept it as is or feel discouraged.

So no simmers enough is enough.

Thank you Ana, No it isn't just about three things, it runs a lot deeper than that and the toddlers were finally what blew the top off the pressure cooker for many players. How you worded is exactly what it is about.

And I might add, I never needed an EP to enjoy a base game until the day I loaded TS3. I fully enjoyed TS1's base, and fully enjoyed TS2's base so much I didn't even get Uni until NL came out. I was having too much fun in TS2 and then saw them both on sale one time and got them both at the same time. That's says a lot about a base game.

I don't want to spoil anyone else's fun with game, I hope they buy away but it does make me sad when some went ahead and preordered last year, believing everything that was said in interviews, at Gamescon, During SimsCamp, in the magazine, all loads of interviews and then find out most of what they were told is not included. If it were my child and I had paid for that last year, I would be pretty hot under the collar and not let my kid have it. But that's just me. I would have cancelled that order. I wouldn't take that off the store down the street, and I really am shocked how that really doesn't matter to so many.

But I guess they might understand when TS4 releases in two months, and come back to the forums to express their huge problems with it, later.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Two words: Snail Mail
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Jarsie thank you, I've posted in another thread about snail mail and it's effects. It does work. Like i did last time when generations came out lol. I do encourage people to do that as well. Write in helps, even when others don't think so.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll post EA's address again for people who would like to snail mail a letter to EA, the CEO and the head of the sim department. Along with a phone number for those who want to call and talk, but the normally just transfer you to customer service.

209 Redwood Shores Parkway
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    (650) 628-1500
  • Options
    mattific17mattific17 Posts: 137 Member
    edited June 2014
    not gonna lie tho, these posts are making me want to buy more and more :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Jarsie thank you, I've posted in another thread about snail mail and it's effects. It does work. Like i did last time when generations came out lol. I do encourage people to do that as well. Write in helps, even when others don't think so.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll post EA's address again for people who would like to snail mail a letter to EA, the CEO and the head of the sim department. Along with a phone number for those who want to call and talk, but the normally just transfer you to customer service.

Redwood City, CA 94065
    (650) 628-1500

You might also want to put the name of the current CEO of the Sims franchise. And again, players, you have two months to make your voices heard. I don't know how long it took the Star Trek community to get NBC to change its mind and give them the 3rd season they wanted, but I'm sure it wasn't that long. If you don't do this, you have no one but yourself to blame for not getting what you want.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    mattific17 wrote:

Why, like being a rebel? Or are we rebels? I would buy the game only if I loved everything about it. And I don't because I am disappointed about the 1 to five lots, and toddlers and a lot of things. Because I know this is the remnants of an online MMO or whatever the heck kind of hybrid they wanted to make. I want to talk to you again when you actually become bored with TS1 style neighborhoods where the vacant lot is already on the map because that is the way it is designed to work and you come back fussing at EA or requesting someone fix it so you can move a vacant lot. I will be looking for your name. :wink: No, seriously I won't because if this game comes out in Sept. I figure that kills the series imho.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    SMH.

The damage is done already. We've made a dent in their reputation, and they're surely to react by delivering these features. You realize you people are freaking out over, what, 3 features that can just be brought back into the game through patches and expansions, mind you, MUCH better, refined, and fleshed out to be the best they've ever been before?

"A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad." The reason you people are holding this whole backlash is JUST because of these features. Wouldn't you say the decision to NOT include them half ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ into the game is because they plan on bringing them back, but better?

Who said The Sims is pools?
    Who said The Sims is toddlers?
    Who said The Sims is CASt?

FACT OF THE MATTER Look at the bigger picture here, folks. Does it suck these features aren't included? Hell yes. But there are many reasons to look past the lack of these features. Because The Sims is much more than toddlers, pools, and changing a shirt to match your wallpaper. Come September, we'll be playing a game with the MOST intelligent Sims, made in the MOST easy and fun to use CAS (with the MOST and arguably BEST content in any Sims game before), building their houses in the most easy to use and fun to use build/buy modes, and simulating their lives in the most beautiful world the franchise has put out.

All I'm saying is the gurus aren't stupid, don't underestimate them. Some have been with the franchise since day 1, and they're intelligent people who have experience with EA. They've hinted multiple times that their focus is to deliver a fun game built on a solid foundation, which will allow them to later expand it to be better than ever. After all, it's the expansion packs that really shine in any Sims game.

The Sims 4's future is bright, if you allow it to be. Be open minded.

No skaterblaz that's where you're wrong, and lately i've been a little bit shocked by your responses because you should know me well enough by now. This is not about just toddlers and pools missing. I know you think it's that simple but it really is not. It's just the tipping of the iceberg. I'm a bit disappointed in you for thinking that way because it belittles in every way why simmers are upset.

Simmers are upset because they feel EA is not truthful, they do not deliver a quality product, that they are not being heard, and that they are over charging and providing less content. These are important issues that every simmer is upset about. Toddlers just pretty much tipped the scales and that's all that happened.

You believe the game has a solid foundation. However nothing suggests to me that it has one other than the words of one simguru who is scripted to say that to us. This is a recycled game of olympus and it's a bad start. How can a foundation be solid when it's had a horrible building filled with cracks. it's not eventually it crumbles and has problems. Even before the game is released we are seeing those problems surface. That's not a good sign, yet ea is still trying to put this game on the market for others to buy. I feel that's wrong and they should provide better for their consumer, whether they like it or not the fan deserves better than what is provided. So please try to understand the user before you belittle and assume the problem is minor it's not. It's an industry that is taking advantage of an area that has no consumer laws in it. it's time for players that feel this is horrible to keep speaking out and not just accept it as is or feel discouraged.

So no simmers enough is enough.

I believe that it is just the lack of these features that set people off, and simply that. Maybe it's different for some people. But, for example, when I see someone say they've withdrawn their preorder on a thread that announces the lack of pools and toddlers, I take it as a direct connection. Where was everyone who is complaining about this crap before? If you truly felt EA was a scam artist, why didn't you do anything before, in the beginning? Why'd you preorder a game for $69-$79 if all it took was a tiny tipping point to change your mind?!

Actions speak louder than words. For example, some of the people I've seen complaining about the store publicly announce when they purchase 5 dollar premium content items. I dislike the store and I haven't spent a single cent on it. That is what speaks louder than a million threads advocating people not to buy the game. That is what speaks louder than a bunch of change.org petitions.

I feel like this is nothing but drama. People like to be part of a group. Sometimes when people part of a group, they have a tendency to not think for themselves.

I know your intents are nothing but good, Anavastia, but I really feel like this whole effort is useless because truthfully, if it did bother people, they'd be taking matters differently. If it takes one feature to flip the switch on your preorder, it'll take one feature to flip it right back to where it was. People just like to talk crap.

But on the state of Sims 4, yes, Olympus has affected what is going to be in that base game on September 2nd. In the end, yes, time is the enemy here. Many people have admitted that. And I believe the gurus, especially the ones of the past 3 iterations, KNEW that, otherwise they wouldn't have allowed toddlers to be withdrawn and taken the route to wait before adding them in ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ. I'd like to believe what they're saying is true, and they've dedicated a large portion of their time to ensure the game is being built on a solid foundation so they can successfully add these things later, better than ever. The game isn't permanently set in stone, and that is the beauty of modern day gaming.

And I'd hate to rain on the parade, but look at this, the ratings for the newest trailer of Sims 4 on Youtube. Maybe it's unwise to draw conclusions based on a Youtube video, but I this trailer was released right after the news got out and people reflected on what was heard.

ebG7bda.png

It's a small dent, and nothing more. Even the comment section, I just don't feel like this is as big as people make it to be. The only thing hurting EA at this point is the horrible, crappy, PR. For instance, I just read a comment of someone preordering because they like the fact not paying for bills is harsher now. :lol:
    Anavastia wrote:
    Believing in a bright future is optimism not being open minded. Open minded is acknowledging both the good and bad of topics. Which means also acknowledging the future can also be bleak. For me this isn't about either, this is about improving something for a better future as i don't believe that will happen if we just let things be as they are now. Again ea has no incentive to change unless we the fans create that incentive.

I've said that at the end of the first post because I believe some people are just hopping on a bandwagon and not taking a look at the big picture here. The future of the series is bright if you aren't close minded and believe the lack of a few features that can be added later spells DOOM for the franchise.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Redwood City, CA 94065
    (650) 628-1500

You might also want to put the name of the current CEO of the Sims franchise. And again, players, you have two months to make your voices heard. I don't know how long it took the Star Trek community to get NBC to change its mind and give them the 3rd season they wanted, but I'm sure it wasn't that long. If you don't do this, you have no one but yourself to blame for not getting what you want.

The Ceo is Andrew Wilson
    Lucy Bradshaw is the head of maxis
    I would send a letter to Graham Nordone as he's in pr and a producer.
  • Options
    mattific17mattific17 Posts: 137 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:

Why, like being a rebel? Or are we rebels? I would buy the game only if I loved everything about it. And I don't because I am disappointed about the 1 to five lots, and toddlers and a lot of things. Because I know this is the remnants of an online MMO or whatever the heck kind of hybrid they wanted to make. I want to talk to you again when you actually become bored with TS1 style neighborhoods where the vacant lot is already on the map because that is the way it is designed to work and you come back fussing at EA or requesting someone fix it so you can move a vacant lot. I will be looking for your name. :wink: No, seriously I won't because if this game comes out in Sept. I figure that kills the series imho.

Sure I'll come back to watch people slapping themselves to death for not getting it.
  • Options
    RoselightsRoselights Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2014

"The Sims 4's future is bright, if you allow it to be. Be open minded."

I love that last phrase sooo much(blegh) I'll be open minded - but no so much that my brain falls out. I don't feel like feeding the zombies at EA anymore so my wallet is closed

Edited for clarity of quote
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

I believe that it is just the lack of these features that set people off, and simply that. Maybe it's different for some people. But, for example, when I see someone say they've withdrawn their preorder on a thread that announces the lack of pools and toddlers, I take it as a direct connection. Where was everyone who is complaining about this crap before? If you truly felt EA was a scam artist, why didn't you do anything before, in the beginning? Why'd you preorder a game for $69-$79 if all it took was a tiny tipping point to change your mind?!

Actions speak louder than words. For example, some of the people I've seen complaining about the store publicly announce when they purchase 5 dollar premium content items. I dislike the store and I haven't spent a single cent on it. That is what speaks louder than a million threads advocating people not to buy the game. That is what speaks louder than a bunch of change.org petitions.

I feel like this is nothing but drama. People like to be part of a group. Sometimes when people part of a group, they have a tendency to not think for themselves.

I know your intents are nothing but good, Anavastia, but I really feel like this whole effort is useless because truthfully, if it did bother people, they'd be taking matters differently. If it takes one feature to flip the switch on your preorder, it'll take one feature to flip it right back to where it was. People just like to talk crap.

But on the state of Sims 4, yes, Olympus has affected what is going to be in that base game on September 2nd. In the end, yes, time is the enemy here. Many people have admitted that. And I believe the gurus, especially the ones of the past 3 iterations, KNEW that, otherwise they wouldn't have allowed toddlers to be withdrawn and taken the route to wait before adding them in ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ. I'd like to believe what they're saying is true, and they've dedicated a large portion of their time to ensure the game is being built on a solid foundation so they can successfully add these things later, better than ever. The game isn't permanently set in stone, and that is the beauty of modern day gaming.

And I'd hate to rain on the parade, but look at this, the ratings for the newest trailer of Sims 4 on Youtube. Maybe it's unwise to draw conclusions based on a Youtube video, but I this trailer was released right after the news got out and people reflected on what was heard.

ebG7bda.png

It's a small dent, and nothing more. Even the comment section, I just don't feel like this is as big as people make it to be. The only thing hurting EA at this point is the horrible, crappy, PR. For instance, I just read a comment of someone preordering because they like the fact not paying for bills is harsher now. :lol:

Everyone is not the same and everyone has different solutions to the problem. Some write a petition 9,500 and going strong on change.org
    Some come to the forums, some do youtube videos, some write in mail, some boycott. Everyone is different, even the way we feel about the game can be different. What you feel is small another feel is grand. Should we all act and think the same. No we won't, and we don't. That's what it means to have an open mind to understand the person who doesn't think or feel like yourself.

it's big tipping point to many.
    1. Remember people aren't happy to learn this game was online and is being recycled from an online game.
    2. People aren't happy CAST is gone.
    3. Toddlers are gone.
    4. pools are out
    5. simsuits and swimming are out
    6. Teenagers are the same size as adults
    7. babies look like they were copycatted from sims 2
    8. no color wheel
    9. load screens for individual lots
    10. no open world
    11. no terrain tools
    12. no sign of cars or the ability to drive them
    13. neighborhods only consist of 5 lots that's very small and the world it self only has 25 lots
    14. careers are back to being drive off, no sign of hands on careers yet
    15. dev's are back peddling about things in the game
    16. The game is 69.99 yet it doesn't offer play or features that suggest it's price It costs more and players are receiving less.
    17. Players will have to pay more features that are usually included in the base game. Raising the costs of a product that otherwise hasn't improved in conditions is never going to sit well, consumers will feel taken advantage of.
    18. Sims 3 does play a factor because of the players can feel the strain of the prices from sims 3 and feel sims 4 will be worse.
    19. drm having to log in to play the game or download it online.
    20. Still the many things that are missing from the game that we fans aren't being shown or told.
    21. the silence and lack of information. We've seen only renders and staged play but nothing more than that. We've only heard or seen what EA wants us to.

Trust has been broken with a lot of the fanbase and this is the reaction that people are getting. All these things have made people upset in some form or another, again toddlers tipped the iceberg. I'm not going to knock players that are buying the game even if they are upset, this thread isn't hear to force anyone to do something they aren't comfortable with doing. Some people are fine supporting and industry they don't like . I haven open mind and i understand that does happen. However it doesn't mean that i won't say what stand up for what I feel is wrong. It doesn't mean that I expect everyone to feel as I do. I understand everyone is going to react differently. It still doesn't mean that we as simmers can't affect change. We can as long as we display the willingness to do so. Whether you feel it's a small thing or a big thing is left up to the individual, still a good reason to stand up for what you feel is right.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, we all have different approaches to situations, but clearly we're doing something wrong if EA views SimCity as a success. :lol:

You brought up some good points in your list, and tbh, I think the best thing we can do as of now is to just wait to see what they did with TS4. There are still MANY perks to TS4 imho, and many things can be fixed with time. As far as we know, there really isn't a major permanent scar on this next gen of Sims from Olympus.

Origin offers returning digital games within a certain timeframe, so everyone should take advantage of that.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    mattific17 wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:

Sure I'll come back to watch people slapping themselves to death for not getting it.

Nah, I doubt anyone will slap himself/herself for not getting it on release day. If anything, they'll wait til it goes on sale or they'll get it in a bundle with the first EP. I have a feeling that this puppy will go on sale around Christmastime, as EA tries to recoup its losses. That may be when I'll get my copy.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't understand all the crisis surrounding this game. Its just a game, how could it cause so much chaos?

I already paid for my copy and I'm not canceling. At least some hundreds of thousands of people are going to buy this game on release day alone.

I have no desire to change the game because I'm not dissatisfied with it because I haven't played it yet to know that my experience is lacking or inadequate in some way. I play before I say.
  • Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    edited June 2014
    Like Jarsie pointed out mail really does work and I know you are working on doing this.

Here is a recent tweet from SG Grant on recieving a fan letter

Woah! We received a fan letter. Like, an actual, physical letter. @SimGuruRyan read it to us. If you're reading, Savannah, thanks!

Seems like fans don't write to them often, so imagine what writing to them would do.

While I don't necessarily agree with everything you are saying(if you have read my comments then you would know I'm still excited for this game), I do think that if they try and make us pay for the features they took out like toddlers and pools, that it's wrong. I also like to try and help my fellow simmers, and writing to EA and the gurus about not being happy with the game can only help and not hurt.
  • Options
    sohfoxsohfox Posts: 255 Member
    edited June 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    In other words ^

That's a lie, when shareholders pull out as the do constantly in the entertainment business, industry still survives. Ask indie games how they become so successful and stay afloat without share holders.

You don't need shareholders all you need is a quality product and it will sell itself.

Indie game dev here (I work with UNITY, RPG maker VX ACE, EF-12, no released games yet and have been working for two and a half years now. time is money) this is not true :P hence steam greenlight and kickstarter!! Without these things many indie games wouldn't even get released.

furthermore without shareholders there isn't much of a chance for a new sims game, its one of the more expensive games to make.

don't get me wrong, I am very upset at this point now too but I am still pre-ordering, if its as bad as we all think it will be I will just get my refund from the great game eligibility. however, CASt and Color wheel being confirmed as not coming back? No open world? No 4 stories to buildings? no terrain editing? These are huge steps backwards, and of course people will still defend Sims 4 and I get it, I love the franchise very much too... but these changes are unacceptable.
    my art http://anenfairy.deviantart.com
    My favorite sims: TS3
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sohfox wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:
    In other words ^

That's a lie, when shareholders pull out as the do constantly in the entertainment business, industry still survives. Ask indie games how they become so successful and stay afloat without share holders.

You don't need shareholders all you need is a quality product and it will sell itself.

Indie game dev here (I work with UNITY, RPG maker VX ACE, EF-12, no released games yet and have been working for two and a half years now. time is money) this is not true :P hence steam greenlight and kickstarter!! Without these things many indie games wouldn't even get released.

furthermore without shareholders there isn't much of a chance for a new sims game, its one of the more expensive games to make.

don't get me wrong, I am very upset at this point now too but I am still pre-ordering, if its as bad as we all think it will be I will just get my refund from the great game eligibility. however, CASt and Color wheel being confirmed as not coming back? No open world? No 4 stories to buildings? no terrain editing? These are huge steps backwards, and of course people will still defend Sims 4 and I get it, I love the franchise very much too... but these changes are unacceptable.

This is where i don't believe you sorry. Seeing as many times a lot of developers of indie games fund their own games and put them on steam to sell them. What valve did was make indie games become more aware then they would if dev's were to host their own site. I don't doubt that they help fund some games but many indie dev's self start without share holders and their games do just fine. I've seen a lot of share holder supported games flop because of bad quality games. Meaning fans are the key here to support the game. When you don't have those fans you don't have those shareholders. They invest in your games because they believe they will make profit off it. When the game flops their gone, however there is always a chance fans will prop you up as long as you change. You need the fans more than anything that's the bottom line

As far as time consuming. Obviously EA doesn't think so as the pumped out sims 4 in less than 2 years. So it's not that time consuming if they cut a lot features stamp a price tag on it, and copy pasta a lot of things from the previous games and go here you go sims 4. New and made from scratch. Any game that can be produced in less than 2 years time isn't worth 2 cents as a game like sims takes 4 to 5 years to make. That's why you see all the cut out features. When EA made the mistake of trying to put Sims 4 online they should have covered their own losses and truly started over. No they take advantage of loyal fans and publish a game that's half done, because they believe majority of us will by it because it has sims stamped on the cover.