Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... when do you think they're going to tell us about no cars?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kelleygirl wrote:
    Sorry, but what do you all want to do with cars in a closed world? Watch them driving ten metres before they leave the lot and vanish into a loading screen? Do you think that would be satisfying in a time when GTA 5 comes out for PC? The cars in in Sims 2 were ridiculous in my opinion.

GTA or any other game,is invalid here. please stick to topic. this isnt about GTA or any other game but cars being/not being in the sims 4. thank you

OMG, thanks for coming in here to steer us back on the right track. "On topic"

Any time :)
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, but what do you all want to do with cars in a closed world? Watch them driving ten metres before they leave the lot and vanish into a loading screen? Do you think that would be satisfying in a time when GTA 5 comes out for PC? The cars in in Sims 2 were ridiculous in my opinion.

Haha, they were. It was usually faster to walk after BV, but they did look swanky in the drive way and you could make out and woohoo in them, and give your dates a ride home which was sweet.

When it comes to the sims things aren't always useful in the way you expect them to be. :-)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2014

GTA or any other game,is invalid here. please stick to topic. this isnt about GTA or any other game but cars being/not being in the sims 4. thank you

Hi LovenVincent, please excuse me, I didn't want to be "off-topic".

I just made the comparison with GTA 5 to illustrate my point: Cars make only sense in video games that have streets! Cars in TS4 would only be decor. OK, you could woohoo in them, but what else?

In a thread on modthesims, Simguru Graham explained that cars are the most difficult thing to create in TS. One developer works 3 weeks for one car. In my opinion, they should use this time to bring more exciting features into the game.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2014

I just made the comparison with GTA 5 to illustrate my point: Cars make only sense in video games that have streets! Cars in TS4 would only be decor. OK, you could woohoo in them, but what else?

In a thread on modthesims, Simguru Graham explained that cars are the most difficult thing to create in TS. One developer works 3 weeks for one car. In my opinion, they should use this time to bring more exciting features into the game.

I understand what you ment to do but knowing the two are completely different,it is unfair to compare them. right? no disrespect ment but there has been a large rise in alot of posters turning this into a GTA game here on the sims 4 forums and i feel that is unfair. Of course i am not a mod here and me asking you to stay on topic was purely out of respect for the sims 4 forum. you feel the way you do but i thank you for understanding and being respectful to a fellow simmer. props to you :)
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2014
    Look towards Sept 1st :roll:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    KurokuLeeKurokuLee Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really hope they don't... You can't expect EA to tell you EVERYTHING that will/won't be in the game.

If they announce no cars in TS4, it will cause another explosion in the Whine factory.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2014
    Joeniel wrote:
    Yes in all build mode trailes I've saw there is no garage BUT in this announcement there IS a car!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVLIs6FWwyQ

Skip to 0:53 and look at the left side there is a black car in movement. Perhaps is someone going to work. Who knows?

Yes, that car is driving down the street, but so did the trolly car and that is decor only. So don't get your hopes up that there are cars that our sims can drive. As they have said over and over, things change. So I don't hold much hope even though Grant or someone earlier said that we would have cars.

You can't believe anything...well, you can't hold them to anything, apparently. :roll:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2014
    Its pretty obvious there are no usable cars, they just don't have the guts to confirm it, where are they going to go, four doors down to the end of the loading zone.

Pathetic publisher, pathetic staff, pathetic pr.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2014

That's what I said. If this were an open world, then I would care, but I don't. I agree, the cars were stupid in Sims 2.
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited June 2014
    niac1234 wrote:

That's what I said. If this were an open world, then I would care, but I don't. I agree, the cars were stupid in Sims 2.

I'd beg to differ. In TS3 they certainly did make more sense from a gameplay perspective. However in TS2 I always saw them as a usable prop. And they added a level of realism to the game. I can't say for the rest of the world, or even all of the U.S. But every suburb neighbor hood I've ever driven through has a cars in the driveway, or garage. Neither of which is looking possible in TS4.

I think it is going to get really boring after a while having your sims walking and running everywhere, and having only fake garages on house build myself. But to each their own.

Regards,

Krammy
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited June 2014

I understand what you ment to do but knowing the two are completely different,it is unfair to compare them. right? no disrespect ment but there has been a large rise in alot of posters turning this into a GTA game here on the sims 4 forums and i feel that is unfair. Of course i am not a mod here and me asking you to stay on topic was purely out of respect for the sims 4 forum. you feel the way you do but i thank you for understanding and being respectful to a fellow simmer. props to you :)
    You are missing the point. The person is not asking the game to be turned into GTA. The point was:

GTA has open roads and places where the avatar can drive the car. The Sims 4 has loading screens and Sims teleport to lots. If the Sims are only going to drive the cars a few feet and the cars have no animations, what is the purpose of having Sims own cars in the game?
  • Options
    IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited June 2014
    They are waiting about the cars until after they announce they aren't including the political and science careers.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    That's quite an emotional statement which doesn't sound like it's based on fact. On the contrary, I would think that right now they might be very seriously considering what they can 'add' before the base game ships.

It's technically impossible to add anything at Beta. Just remove.

Except there's no Beta and they are just realese a broken mess full of bugs.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    niac1234 wrote:

The cars in TS2 were absolutely awesome.
  • Options
    Prettyweed870Prettyweed870 Posts: 832 Member
    edited June 2014
    DCExplorer wrote:
    Right before they release something shiny, like a CAS demo :wink: Well, maybe not a CAS demo, since that's like 60% of the game, it seems. Regardless, they'll announce it right before they dangle something shiny in front of us to try and make us forget.

2zr3uk8.jpg

Yep...are you a psych major? You should be...very smart cookie. :wink:
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited June 2014
    I loved that in sims 2 you could really rack up lifetime reward points by fulfilling that date want... woohoo in cars... lol
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    KurokuLee wrote:
    I really hope they don't... You can't expect EA to tell you EVERYTHING that will/won't be in the game.

If they announce no cars in TS4, it will cause another explosion in the Whine factory.

Better this way, don't you think?
    People, preorders are available since LAST YEAR. YET they lack the guts to reveal which content is removed/not in the game. If they care about their customers, they will say what is NOT in the game. But they want to sell this game and this is the only explanation i can think of they remain so silent towards 'bad news'.
  • Options
    MakoSimMakoSim Posts: 184 Member
    edited June 2014
    didn't grant already mentioned that cars are in the sims 4? during simscamp a blogger asked him if sims will be able to own cars and he said yes. :?

Simified: Will Sims be able to have and own cars? Will cars in The Sims 4 have functions similar to The Sims 2 (opening doors, etc.) or will they be like The Sims 3?
    Grant: Sims will definitely be able to own and have cars! As far as how they will function, I cannot comment on that yet. I do know that opening doors, like in The Sims 2, would require a lot from our animations team, so this may or may not happen.

source:
    http://thesims4blogger.tumblr.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-q-a-with-simgurugrant
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope soon so some of you can start a thread, claim the game is the scum of the earth, the developers are lazy, EA is the devil, everyone who buys the game are sheep and say you won't be buying the game for the millionth time.

Oh and pretend to be a savior by telling buyers they should "hold on to your wallets! Its not worth it! Please this is for the good of the fanbase! Idc if you don't like cars they are important and you should agree!".
  • Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited June 2014
    MakoSim wrote:
    didn't grant already mentioned that cars are in the sims 4? during simscamp a blogger asked him if sims will be able to own cars and he said yes. :?

Simified: Will Sims be able to have and own cars? Will cars in The Sims 4 have functions similar to The Sims 2 (opening doors, etc.) or will they be like The Sims 3?
    Grant: Sims will definitely be able to own and have cars! As far as how they will function, I cannot comment on that yet. I do know that opening doors, like in The Sims 2, would require a lot from our animations team, so this may or may not happen.

source:
    http://thesims4blogger.tumblr.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-q-a-with-simgurugrant

That was 9 months ago! Things change.
  • Options
    MakoSimMakoSim Posts: 184 Member
    edited June 2014

sorry to break it to you, but the poster didn't want to discuss GTA or go off-topic and he actually made good point there. he basicaly wanted to say that cars wouldn't be good to have in the game, because the game doesn't have a fully open world, that means you will just be watching cars driving past your house for 2 seconds and they will disappear once they reach the boundary of a district/neighborhood. on the other side GTA has an open world with lots of streets and open spaces so travelling with cars makes more sense since the city is seamless.
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    Just tell me you're totally ok with preordering a game in which the developers remain silent for about 1 year before the release and then start deconfirming stuff 2 months next to release? for me, they should of already have talked about 'absent stuff' early when they announced it so that many people wouldn't preorder this game in the first place. But i guess you know the answer for all this silence already: many people already preordered it and will buy it regardless, so, EA's goal was accomplished.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    DCExplorer wrote:
    Right before they release something shiny, like a CAS demo :wink: Well, maybe not a CAS demo, since that's like 60% of the game, it seems. Regardless, they'll announce it right before they dangle something shiny in front of us to try and make us forget.

Yep...are you a psych major? You should be...very smart cookie. :wink:

You know they will. They tried to do it with that blog. They knew people have been itching to get some info about actual gameplay for a long time, so when they finally released information about that, they decided to put in the toddler and pool situation. It didn't work obviously. Nobody talks about the that blog, they only talk about toddlers and pools (for good reason).
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    They'll probebly confirm no cars this upcoming week. That's what I'm guessing.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sims have been able to show their wealth by two means: their house and their cars. Sure, we can expand their houses easier in Sims 4, but without cars they can own, what's the point? And I'm really disappointed that the trolley is merely decor; with the Sims 4 returning to off-screen job locations, it would make sense for Sims to be able to hop on the trolley and travel "to the big city" to go to work. Far more sense than a bunch of free taxicabs and would make a good alternative to the carpool.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)