Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... when do you think they're going to tell us about no cars?

I guess it's just speculation about the cars, but come one. None of the houses have garages. We never see them in the street. I don't think they've ever shown them in the trailers. Obviously there will be cars for career carpools... maybe, but other than that I don't see them existing in the game. I think we all know how this works by now. If they did exist, they would've at least shown us something to keep us from hating on the game. I don't care much. If it was an open world, I would care, but I'll get over this.

So my question is, when do you think they'll announce it? We all know that the forums will erupt in pandemonium again.

Comments

• OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 561 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really think there will be no usable cars. I would think it would be better for EA to rip off the bandage, so to speak, and just admit if cars (and other things) aren't in the base game.
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    If we're all expecting it, it won't be that newsworthy anyway. I already got over cars, and have no hope they will be included. I can't bring myself to care about them much. I went through half the Sims series without them, and the only cool thing about them was teaching teens to drive.
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited June 2014
    Playing The sims 2 with apartments and I don't have a car. So I gots no problem with it.

Though I have some other ideas for replacing garages, maybe curb parking cars.
  • delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Oolonglong wrote:
    I really think there will be no usable cars. I would think it would be better for EA to rip off the bandage, so to speak, and just admit if cars (and other things) aren't in the base game.

I agree. I don't understand why they don't just come out with everything they don't have that they know we'll be upset about. That way at least there's a chance that the outrage will have evaporated by September.
  • DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited June 2014
    Right before they release something shiny, like a CAS demo :wink: Well, maybe not a CAS demo, since that's like 60% of the game, it seems. Regardless, they'll announce it right before they dangle something shiny in front of us to try and make us forget.

2zr3uk8.jpg
  • LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well that can depend honestly. sure we can speculate to our hearts content but what base game ever came with cars? i dont ever remember one. (and i own sims 1-3) so maybe im missing something?

On a side note,do we REALLY want that to be announced? i agree on getting all the bad stuff out in one blow so its easier to handle but after awhile,you need to soften it a tad right?

For all we know (since they did announce that trams were decor) driving as we know it,doesnt exist anymore because it IS a whole new game. would it mean that if they announced driving,that we still wouldnt throw a fit simply because we didnt even understand what they said? :lol:

All in all,it could go either way at this point and for me,i would rather have a new vision on driving then nothing at all. and even if i get nothing at all (in the base game as always) i know they will be coming later in some version.

(forgive my typos or typing as i am on pain meds after a surgery)
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

I agree. I don't understand why they don't just come out with everything they don't have that they know we'll be upset about. That way at least there's a chance that the outrage will have evaporated by September.

:thumbup:
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2014
    August.

They'll try to give the community time to settle down before lowering the boom (again).
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • NickyzNickyz Posts: 288 Member
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

They're still thinking of what else to remove from TS4 before the base game ships.
    westlife5.gif
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nickyz wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

They're still thinking of what else to remove from TS4 before the base game ships.

That's quite an emotional statement which doesn't sound like it's based on fact. On the contrary, I would think that right now they might be very seriously considering what they can 'add' before the base game ships.
  • cheapcheapbirdiecheapcheapbirdie Posts: 397 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I would seriously not give a cr*p at this point if they announced the day before release, that there will be nothing accept YAs and their b*tt slider/puller/stretcher/molder/thingamajig from their amazing intuitive CAS/Project Olympus game! Why? Cause that's what foolishness deserves.. to be fooled, and bamboozled since they clearly cover their eyes and ears, and cause they got the memo that THINGS CHANGE!

I'm over this dumpster salvage!
  • WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2014
    Lets not forget that its not up to the DEV's what they keep out and keep in(I think anyway!) Isn't it up to EA what goes into the game and what doesn't? Even I think its suss as to why we haven't seen any garages, there has been cars in the trailers, I've seen some parked in one part of one trailer.

I just don't think its the DEV's fault as to why so many things haven't made it into the fourth base game, but I could be wrong of course!! :?
    edited June 2014
    Well that can depend honestly. sure we can speculate to our hearts content but what base game ever came with cars? i dont ever remember one. (and i own sims 1-3) so maybe im missing something?

Cars did come in the Sims 3 base game but without all the animations that they had in Sims 2. Not that important I know. :lol:
    edited June 2014
    Oolonglong wrote:

Cars did come in the Sims 3 base game but without all the animations that they had in Sims 2. Not that important I know. :lol:

Oh they did? :lol: aww well i guess i should play it more (was never a real fan of the sims 3 lol) thank you for letting me know :)

• delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Whitneysim wrote:
    Lets not forget that its not up to the DEV's what they keep out and keep in(I think anyway!) Isn't it up to EA what goes into the game and what doesn't? Even I think its suss as to why we haven't seen any garages, there has been cars in the trailers, I've seen some parked in one part of one trailer.

I just don't think its the DEV's fault as to why so many things haven't made it into the fourth base game, but I could be wrong of course!! :?

Yes, let's not take it out on the wrong people.

Personally I don't care that much about the cars (though I get why others do.) The worlds just seem so small that you'd might as well walk. I'd trade in cars for the ability to hop on the tram or maybe a bicycle.
  • JoenielJoeniel Posts: 727 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes in all build mode trailes I've saw there is no garage BUT in this announcement there IS a car!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVLIs6FWwyQ

Skip to 0:53 and look at the left side there is a black car in movement. Perhaps is someone going to work. Who knows?
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
    edited June 2014
    Oh they did? :lol: aww well i guess i should play it more (was never a real fan of the sims 3 lol) thank you for letting me know :)

:wink: np

I think the issue is more that cars were discussed back in interviews from Gamescon and there are cars seen driving on the road in Sims 4 but with some of the changes recently, it makes it easy to wonder if cars will be usable.
  • IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    Why don't EA already let this bomb explode by complete? they already deconfirmed pools, toddlers, open world and many other things that caused a huge impact/disappointment. I don't think anyone would be surprised anymore if there's no usable cars, don't you think?

• Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    edited June 2014
    Please remember though, that while some people are saying they are not bothered by the lack of this, that and the other in this base game, EA will get the idea they can get away with it and if there is a Sims 5 base game, it will have even less content. We are talking about spending a lot of money here and I want to make sure the product I'm buying is the best it can be and worth the money being asked for it.
  • JoenielJoeniel Posts: 727 Member
    edited June 2014
    Lilia1971 wrote:
    Please remember though, that while some people are saying they are not bothered by the lack of this, that and the other in this base game, EA will get the idea they can get away with it and if there is a Sims 5 base game, it will have even less content. We are talking about spending a lot of money here and I want to make sure the product I'm buying is the best it can be and worth the money being asked for it.

The release date is in 64 days and they can change/fix the entire game in less than a month.
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited June 2014
    Joeniel wrote:
    Yes in all build mode trailes I've saw there is no garage BUT in this announcement there IS a car!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVLIs6FWwyQ

Skip to 0:53 and look at the left side there is a black car in movement. Perhaps is someone going to work. Who knows?

Yup, there clearly is a black car speeding down the road. You would think there are cars in the base game, even if it is only a carpool...

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, but what do you all want to do with cars in a closed world? Watch them driving ten metres before they leave the lot and vanish into a loading screen? Do you think that would be satisfying in a time when GTA 5 comes out for PC? The cars in in Sims 2 were ridiculous in my opinion.
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, but what do you all want to do with cars in a closed world? Watch them driving ten metres before they leave the lot and vanish into a loading screen? Do you think that would be satisfying in a time when GTA 5 comes out for PC? The cars in in Sims 2 were ridiculous in my opinion.

GTA or any other game,is invalid here. please stick to topic. this isnt about GTA or any other game but cars being/not being in the sims 4. thank you

• KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited June 2014

GTA or any other game,is invalid here. please stick to topic. this isnt about GTA or any other game but cars being/not being in the sims 4. thank you

OMG, thanks for coming in here to steer us back on the right track. "On topic", considering the fact that in Sims 2, your sim got in a car and drove off to a loading screen, only to reappear pulling into a driveway or up to the curb next to a store once said loading screen was "loaded", cars in this 2.5 version of the Sims will indeed be useless. Especially given the fact that loading screens between worlds, neighborhoods, and lots within neighborhoods have already been confirmed. No point in bicycles either.

However, that just gets back to the point that IF there were no loading screens, (discounting the ridiculousness of loading screens in 2014 anyway) there COULD be cars. And if the Sims4 sticks with loading screens for the entire run of 4, we won't ever have cars. :(
  • FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think after it's announced there isn't any Sims in the base game! Just kidding,I think at this point it really doesn't matter there really isn't anything left to make anyone feel really disappointed!I'm looking at the game as something that doesn't have to do with previous versions of the franchise because "things change" and I still want the game :)