Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graham confirms attics.

Comments

• Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2014
    Smylish wrote:
    Oh oh oh!! I always wanted that on Sims 3!

It is in Sims 3.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    You can have an attic in Sims 3 too if the roof is high enough, I don't get it I'm afraid.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited June 2014
    You can have an attic in Sims 3 too if the roof is high enough, I don't get it I'm afraid.

You can have toddlers in Sims 3 too. What's your point? Just because it was in the last game doesn't mean it will automatically be in Sims 4.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2014
    But buildings can only be three stories high, right? So what's the difference between a three-story-tall house and a two-story tall house with an attic?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014

You can have toddlers in Sims 3 too. What's your point? Just because it was in the last game doesn't mean it will automatically be in Sims 4.

This was my point:
    Now I can finally put the children I don't want in the attics. >:')
    Smylish wrote:
    Oh oh oh!! I always wanted that on Sims 3!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2014

It's a sad state of affairs when people are so happy and surprised that a basic, simple function of the previous games is also in the sequel.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2014

OMG hahahaha
    :shock: Flowers in the attic sims to hilarious.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited June 2014

Not toddlers though LOL!!
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope we get a ladder in base game so that we can access the attic. That would be cool!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh wow, attics. Now, where are the toddlers?
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited June 2014
    EuanSim wrote:
    Oh wow, attics. Now, where are the toddlers?

They're all in the basements.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:

It's a sad state of affairs when people are so happy and surprised that a basic, simple function of the previous games is also in the sequel.

Agreed
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited June 2014
    Maybe the attic is in addition to the three stories? (Desperate hope, I know.)
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was going to say, why would you not be able to make attics when you could in TS2 and TS3, but then I remembered pools, toddlers, terrain editing, and swimwear. :lol:

Edit:
    snurfles wrote:
    Probably, you just may not be able to put a wall there, like in TS3 when you get to the top.

Edit2: You can't put a wall at the highest possible level right(I don't usually reach that point so I don't have much experience with it), or am I incorrect?
  • Options
    SarahE_IsMeSarahE_IsMe Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2014

I used to put them in garden sheds haha

And with the random chance of pregnancy in the woohoo, it seems like there may be more kids going in there than usual.
    "Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons."
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    I definitely like this better than basements, 100%.

I just hated to see that black emptiness around the basement room. It gave the Sims 3 this weird, unnatural feeling, if that makes any sense.

Really like the developers making the best with what they have. I have a good feeling that Sims 4 will be a terrific base game, and with each patch and expansion, we'll end up with the best of the series.

I agree with all of this :thumbup:
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow i have to say that it isnt the normal basements but it is a very cool addition.

This would fit very well on alot of new stories and even gameplay.
    i can already picture many awesome things with it. along with spider webs :)
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    PyziaPyzia Posts: 110 Member
    edited June 2014
    And with the random chance of pregnancy in the woohoo, it seems like there may be more kids going in there than usual.

Oh was this confirmed? I always wanted that in Sims :D
  • Options
    gabe0199gabe0199 Posts: 1,036 Member
    edited June 2014
    Attics are not a surprise as long as we ca build multiple stories then of course attics would be in the game. Basically its just adding another story to your house.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    snurfles wrote:

I doubt it. The attic will still have to function as a full floor so you can place objects there and sims can interact with them.

I can't find the picture now but there was a white house in one of the trailers with a sort of loft with a window on the third floor. Hopefully that means we'll have a slanted roof/walls on the attic at least.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    JustMe123 wrote:
    Really focused on the main features of this game didn't they...

Although I don't build much so I can't really appreciate this but great if people want it. :? :)

I wouldn't be surprised if you find yourself building much more in Sims 4. It seems they've bent over backwards to make building more accessible and fun :wink:

Anyhow, attics are cool, so I want to find out more. I saw we have dormers again too, but attics are extra neat... none of my moderns get to have attics though :( I'll make sure most of my contemporary builds and all rural ones do.

P.S. I love the new small towns connecting concept in Sims 4!!!!!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Does this come with an option to at least color the door red to indicate that part of the house is a child free zone? :-o

If you colour the attic door red, I'd expect some ghosts up there!
    OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited June 2014
    when I was a child I loved playing in my grandmother attics it held such interesting things will be fun to clutter it with junk for the kids to play in :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I was going to say, why would you not be able to make attics when you could in TS2 and TS3, but then I remembered pools, toddlers, terrain editing, and swimwear. :lol:

Edit:
    snurfles wrote:
    Probably, you just may not be able to put a wall there, like in TS3 when you get to the top.

Edit2: You can't put a wall at the highest possible level right(I don't usually reach that point so I don't have much experience with it), or am I incorrect?

This is correct--in Sims3 you cannot build walls on the roof level; just a roof, fences, or a frieze. In Sims 2 you could add a dormer to your roof, then extend the walls and create a bonus room on the roof level :lol: Perhaps this will be possible in Sims 4 as well, since we are getting dormers once again 8)

I also hope we get ladders!! Ladders would mean so much to me 8)
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2014
    So..i take it only a few of us are happy that we can build attics?
    i personally couldnt build any in the other games (for those who kept saying they were in the sims 3)
    I mean if the attic tool will be simple and easy for someone like me to use then i think its an awesome addition and adds alot of good ideas for future game play.
    but i guess (like many others said) you could store your..toddler clothes..and swimsuits in there :)
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx