Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed: No social bunny and tragic cown.

Sarah just confirmed via twitter, the social bunny and the tragic clown won't be in the game.

Makes me wonder what that first ''eastereggs'' trailer was all about. Horrible bloody mess.

301djlh.png

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    :x It just keeps getting better. I thought those were 'implied' in several ways over the last year. :roll:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimmeringSoulSimmeringSoul Posts: 159 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    :x It just keeps getting better. I thought those were 'implied' in several ways over the last year. :roll:

Deceptive marketing strikes again. :evil:
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2014
    This game is SO FAR from ready, they just need to push this crap out, because they need money.

If they only take whatever a year more to make a proper game, i'm fine with that... the first 'eastereggs' trailer is also just a bloody fake mess.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love how they always add, "but..."
    "We don't have anything good to offer but we do have a game we are selling for $60"
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014
    Things change.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2014
    vfxrib.gif

This seriously disappoints me. Why believe anything they say at this point?
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    Hegemon2222Hegemon2222 Posts: 300 New Member
    edited June 2014
    The social bunny should be a stuffed animal for the kids!

The tragic clown freaked me out. I don't like clowns.

I'd like to see a Freezer Bunny NPC though.

I will hope for these in expansion packs. Losing them in Base Game is OK. I can be patient.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hold on wait up... Seriously??? Just seriously... I have been extremely positive about TS4 for a year and now I find out more bad news that our beloved Tragic Clown and Social Bunny are not in the base game when they even released Easter Eggs suggesting they would be!!! This is too much! Did they realise that they can put them in an expansion and charge for them too? Yep! I thought it was all about Emotions???!!! What's more emotional than the Tragic Clown and the Social Bunny?! This is absolutely outrageously unbelievable!!! :x can this get any worse?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Lol today I also read some simmers (Not going to name them) making a 'Thank you' book for EA. :roll: Lol thanks for what? Thanks for the bloody mess they made?

Some people are so brainwashed they don't bother what EA does to the franchise, they love it anyway. :lol:
  • Options
    Hegemon2222Hegemon2222 Posts: 300 New Member
    edited June 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    can this get any worse?

Well, you could have a heart attack from getting all worked up.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Haha. at least we still have the trailer :')

http://youtu.be/7WXpLDfl6Oc
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    rudy8292 wrote:
    Sarah just confirmed via twitter, the social bunny and the tragic clown won't be in the game.

Makes me wonder what that first ''eastereggs'' trailer was all about. Horrible bloody mess.

301djlh.png

Awesome! I didn't want those characters to return 8) And even though I liked aspiration failure in Sims 2, I wouldn't want something like the drop-down psychiatrist to make an appearance in Sims 4.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2014
    5d0x0i.png

14diu78.png"width=640"
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited June 2014
    Personally I am relieved both of these are excluded. I didn't like either character. I would be happy if neither returns, ever. Though I do of course hope we get toddlers and pools eventually.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    rudy8292 wrote:
    This game is SO FAR from ready, they just need to push this crap out, because they need money.

If they only take whatever a year more to make a proper game, i'm fine with that... the first 'eastereggs' trailer is also just a bloody fake mess.

Yes, that's right. I stay to see if they add toddlers before shipping, because I was sure some things they implied would still be there....oh, wait, the fans must have misunderstood what is in the base game. What about them emotions! You have to wonder more and more are they still there?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited June 2014
    So I guess that everything that was shown in that magazine is out now? They showed the social bunny and the tragic clown in the magazine. Wow I wonder what's going to go next. :roll:
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited June 2014
    I honestly saw this comming, I mean they mentioned them but they never showed them.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2014
    Not even Marky Sharky? :(

25226-the-sims-vacation-windows-screenshot-here-s-marky-sharky-the.jpg
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited June 2014
    Not even these made it in the game... :(

llama_and_cow_009.jpg

8-04-093.jpg

MTS_Sgloomi-1303617-Explosion.jpg

lolololololol
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    Hold on wait up... Seriously??? Just seriously... I have been extremely positive about TS4 for a year and now I find out more bad news that our beloved Tragic Clown and Social Bunny are not in the base game when they even released Easter Eggs suggesting they would be!!! This is too much! Did they realise that they can put them in an expansion and charge for them too? Yep! I thought it was all about Emotions???!!! What's more emotional than the Tragic Clown and the Social Bunny?! This is absolutely outrageously unbelievable!!! :x can this get any worse?
    THIS!!! and sadly enough.....I think it can get worse :cry:
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    So... what was the point of the Easter Eggs? just to get people's hopes up? what a ******** low play, EA. :roll:
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2014
    rudy8292,

In fairness I don't think they ever confirmed the social bunny or the tragic clown would be in the base game.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2014
    5d0x0i.png

14diu78.png"width=640"

I remember that. I think EA was just toying with us. I think they just thought it would be fun to put those things in the trailer.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    moo11x wrote:

No. Loneliness and sadness are no longer FAIL STATES, and they are going to be natural moods our sims experience, that can influence and even improve some of our sims' interactions or actions.

Sims 4 is a new game.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    rudy8292,

In fairness I don't think they ever confirmed the social bunny or the tragic clown would be in the base game.

They did.. why were they in the 'easter egg' trailer then?! ....