Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what's next? Cars being town decoration?

So, after the toddler and pool confirmation, what will be next?

Remember how the tram is just decoration? I bet the boat will be decoration too.
I fear the next big announcement we are going to get is they got rid of cars, and cars are just also 'town decoration' in the base game.

We all know what 'No comment' means, so prepare yourselves, for another big disappointment.

I really don't get it. All the time they put into this game (Grant said somewhere they started when Sims 3 got released) doesn't even half reflect the outcome. It's hilarious.

And also remember how EA is always saying they ''listen'' to the fans. Well obviously not. It seems all new 'info' we get are all about things what is not in the game.

Comments

• Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited June 2014
    They most likely are. We have seen NO garages, or even sims driving.

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if they made cars the decorations. But how would we know if they are town decorations, seeing as though you can't even see the world. No open world in Sims 4.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers as Decor :roll:
  • Options
    TayfasaTayfasa Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2014
    Im thinking bath tubs are too much of a hassle too.
    You know, some say you can swim in those too ;)

#Fountains will suffice
  • Options
    Aotearoa13Aotearoa13 Posts: 309 Member
    edited June 2014
    I've taken it for granted you can't have cars. Way too much 'no comment' stuff.

All no comment stuff eventually means no.
  • Options
    chrang7520chrang7520 Posts: 407 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm going to say that I don't think they will be. There has been no discussion on cars that I know of, and we'll no discussions about it seems to be that we are later told it's not included. IMO
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    Next will be no chairs :lol:
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Toddlers as Decor :roll:
    That's the first day DLC. :lol:

Edit: I would be surprised if cars are not décor.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cars are more than likely just decoration....it wouldn't surprise me even a little.
  • Options
    TayfasaTayfasa Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2014
    You know, since I model my sim's and their family's after my own,
    I think I will take advantage of this EA new way of sim life.

Considering I am expecting, I think this is a perfect experiment.
    Perhaps when my baby is born, and so forth, I will just go from infant to child.
    Why experience the terrible two's. EA doesn't think you should. Why should we?
    /shrug
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    rudy8292 wrote:
    So, after the toddler and pool confirmation, what will be next?

Remember how the tram is just decoration? I bet the boat will be decoration too.
    I fear the next big announcement we are going to get is they got rid of cars, and cars are just also 'town decoration' in the base game.

We all know what 'No comment' means, so prepare yourselves, for another big disappointment.

I really don't get it. All the time they put into this game (Grant said somewhere they started when Sims 3 got released) doesn't even half reflect the outcome. It's hilarious.

And also remember how EA is always saying they ''listen'' to the fans. Well obviously not. It seems all new 'info' we get are all about things what is not in the game.

It is clear the cars are just agents driving around. I knew weeks ago toddlers were not in game because it was clear to me. And it is clear to me now the cars we have seen are only agents. And you are right, when they say they can't talk about something then it is bad news. They couldn't talk about CASt then we were told no. They couldn't talk about open world, then it was a no. They couldn't talk about life stages, and it was a no on toddlers. They couldn't talk about pools and we found out today it's a no. And on and on. So, yeah that's code for a big fat No.

They can't talk about the cars either....hm....
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think they are like the cabs in S3 ...just decor.

They maybe added to a EP later.
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm pretty certain cars will be decoration since the whole no garages thing. Or maybe they fit in the pocket type of thing and can only park on the side street dunno but I wouldn't be surprised on no cars lol.

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    To me, it's a given now cars are decor.
  • Options
    Aotearoa13Aotearoa13 Posts: 309 Member
    edited June 2014
    CAS, emotions and décor. Love it.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited June 2014
    They most likely are. We have seen NO garages, or even sims driving.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited June 2014

Maybe the whole game is just decor. I mean, technically we haven't seen an actual interface for live mode yet. ;)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    You never know....
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2014
    Glic2003 wrote:
    Maybe the whole game is just decor. I mean, technically we haven't seen an actual interface for live mode yet. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited June 2014
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    Glic2003 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

:thumbup: Sounds about right to me! :lol:
  • Options
    Deidara180Deidara180 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Remember that big boat we saw in one of the short game play videos?

I bet it's decoration too. :(
  • Options
    Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2014
    Glic2003 wrote:

Yeah, we'll install the game and find out that it's just a couple of staged videos and CAS demos.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    rudy8292 wrote:

I really don't get it. All the time they put into this game (Grant said somewhere they started when Sims 3 got released) doesn't even half reflect the outcome.

Actually it *bleeping* does because this is EA we're talking about!!!! :twisted:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited June 2014
    You know what I find really sad, we go at it about what we hate or love about the games and what ****** us off and what we're excited about and here we all are agreeing on cars just being decoration
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    edited June 2014
    I can't see the cars being functional like Sims 2 and 3. The world, lots or whatever it's called now seems to small to see the driving around. I think you might see them get in and disappear like Sims 1.