Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS4 going to be a ghost town, too?

This is my primary concern for TS4 - will there be actual sims in the neighborhood.
IMO, The Sims 3 isn't a bad game, I still play it and it runs fine and Mods make the game pretty enjoyable. But, there is a chronic lack of Sims around. It's no fun being at a club by yourself.

So I'm hoping the Sims 4 team have realised this major flaw in TS3 and developed some sort of way to have sims on lots, without impacting gameplay. Because it's not a "life simulator" when you are on your own.

Comments

• Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well, the whole "TS4 will be able to run on low end computers" might be the deciding factor in this. Perhaps in the menu options they can give us a minimum and max sim to lot ratio. I think they did this in TS2 but I'm not sure. That way, people can choose how many sims they wish to show up to the lot. I remember in TS3 if I had a party a lot of people (even strangers) showed up. I suppose if you max out your settings and your computer can handle it more will show up?
  • Options
    Aotearoa13Aotearoa13 Posts: 309 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes, the ghost town aspect worries me a lot. I don't want the game designers making decisions for me about whether or not different personality types can be seen at various public places. So boring and dull.

The loners and losers etc should turn up and act weird - not stay home.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2014
    It depends.

If the neighborhood is closed there will probebly be a lot of sims on lots. If it's open we may have the same problem unless TS4 is a 64bit vs 32bit like ts3 is now.
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited May 2014
    I remember in TS3 if I had a party a lot of people (even strangers) showed up. I suppose if you max out your settings and your computer can handle it more will show up?

I think you meant that in TS2 a lot of people showed up.

In TS3 the number of Sims that show up on a Community Lot or at a party depends on your system specs. I don't know why Sims in TS3 seem to take up so many more resources than they did in TS2.

One of the main limiting factors in TS3 was that every Townie-Sim had to live in the neighborhood. This wasn't a factor in TS2 so the game generated many more Townies. In fact there was a cheat that allowed you to create even more Townies for your neighborhood - I used that all the time.

Maybe in TS3 they will allow more Townie-Sims per lot or have more lots or even allow homeless Sims (I mean Sims that don't live on a lot in the neighborhood, not poor Sims that have to beg for a living - although that would be cool, too).

I also hope that TS4 has a much improved Story Progression system. In my game Sims never get promoted and rarely if ever have children. They move away but nobody moves in to replace them. When I try to run a Legacy my neighborhood is completely empty by the 3rd generation unless I move in families that I have created or downloaded.

All in all, TS4 had better be WAY better than TS3 to make up for the lack of CASt or I won't bother buying it.
  • Options
    Bethany20112Bethany20112 Posts: 982 Member
    edited May 2014
    legacies drive me insane. Say my sims have 2 children, so I move one out as an adult, that sim will never marry or have children unless I somehow force it.

I'd love to see my townies interact more so that by generation 3-4 my "unused" sims can carry on like in real life.

I've also noticed that houses I place rarely ever get inhabited unless I force a family to move there

:thumbdown:
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes, exactly my concerns as well, even though I have noticed a few townies at my festival grounds of late, which is great, but I'm playing Sunset Valley and there is always townies out in that town, the other towns though, are another subject, I just don't see anyone out and it gets frustrating!! So yes, i hope there are townies all over the place when our Sims go out in Sims 4, because then it looks more realistic as well, and not so boring!!!
  • Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hopefully TS4 will have townies/NPC's in the world or town like TS2 unlike TS3 we just had the Sims(neighbors) we could play and Sims who worked in the venues. The only reason I prefer closed over open is because of rabbit holes and ghost towns(empty town, club, bars, restaurants, parks and stores) to where i don't see the point of having an open world because of those reasons.
    I sure hope TS4 has an actual active open neighborhoods/districts instead of worlds also.
    We all wont really know till E3 I guess.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    legacies drive me insane. Say my sims have 2 children, so I move one out as an adult, that sim will never marry or have children unless I somehow force it.

I'd love to see my townies interact more so that by generation 3-4 my "unused" sims can carry on like in real life.

I've also noticed that houses I place rarely ever get inhabited unless I force a family to move there

If you put stuff like baby toys,cribs etc someone will likely move in. That's what I've heard anyway.
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited May 2014

Ever heard of story progression mod by twallen? That would solve all these problems. It's an amazing mod.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited May 2014

That really needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm hoping for better story progression like with Twallen's Mods. I don't have his mods but I've heard good things especially about Story Progression.
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm hoping for better story progression like with Twallen's Mods. I don't have his mods but I've heard good things especially about Story Progression.

Yes totally, I understand the reasons for a cc free game, but I think everyone should at least use story progression. In my game relativity (change how quick time goes) and another one that I forget the name of that locates lost sims and deletes extra cars. Like, it's sad how I find those mods so necessary.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2014
    great question - i feel sims 3 did improve parties but outings not so much. i also find each town seems different like when i play Bridgeport its seems i cant shake people but others like AS never really seem fully populated.

but since they keep making a big deal out of social gatherings in 4 im hoping it means outings are improved as well.

and can i say your title keeps making me think of the specials song ghost town
    tumblr_lte9563A3a1r2yxrvo1_400.gif

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2014

Yes totally, I understand the reasons for a cc free game, but I think everyone should at least use story progression. In my game relativity (change how quick time goes) and another one that I forget the name of that locates lost sims and deletes extra cars. Like, it's sad how I find those mods so necessary.

What is wrong with you?? I thought we're here to discuss how Sims 4 can be drastically improved over the old news garbage they sold us last time, but you come to push a 3rd party mod for the old news garbage :roll: thereby not only being annoying, but also encouraging EA to continue providing garbage that requires mods :roll:

Also there wont be a Twallan or whatever for Sims 4, so you should just edit your post and stop pushing mods and helping EA victimise more customers.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited May 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:
    What is wrong with you?? I thought we're here to discuss how Sims 4 can be drastically improved over the old news garbage they sold us last time, but you come to push a 3rd party mod for the old news garbage :roll: thereby not only being annoying, but also encouraging EA to continue providing garbage that requires mods :roll:

Also there wont be a Twallan or whatever for Sims 4, so you should just edit your post and stop pushing mods and helping EA victimise more customers.

Huh? Now I don't use Mods, but my friend does and Twallen's are undeniably amazing. Yes there shouldn't be a need for some of them; particularly those that fix glitches, but it's not like sims 3 can be changed at this late stage.

Lots of people will remain with TS3 until TS4 becomes more established with Eps, or comes down in price since it's pretty expensive. Therefore anything that can improve current gameplay should be gladly shared.

Also one final point, no matter how good TS4 might be, there will always be mods to improve or alter aspects of the game, its just the way sims is. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Huh? Now I don't use Mods, but my friend does and Twallen's are undeniably amazing. Yes there shouldn't be a need for some of them; particularly those that fix glitches, but it's not like sims 3 can be changed at this late stage.

Lots of people will remain with TS3 until TS4 becomes more established with Eps, or comes down in price since it's pretty expensive. Therefore anything that can improve current gameplay should be gladly shared.

Also one final point, no matter how good TS4 might be, there will always be mods to improve or alter aspects of the game, its just the way sims is. :)

People who are going to continue playing Sims 3 have the whole rest of the Sims 3 website to discuss ways to get the most out of Sims 3. This is the only category where we can talk about ways to get the most out of Sims 4, and that must begin with EA knowing that we deserve a game that does not require mods.

Of course there will be modders for Sims 4, but they wont be the same, nor the same mods, and all the mod pushers around here are pushing a product for a retired game, which is unnecessary and contributes to the false perception EA has that they can produce an inferior game and most of the community will be happy enough to download a mod for that :roll:

I for one will NOT! If the Sims 4 base game has the same kinds of troubles that Sims 3 has, I am walking away and never spending a dime on EA again. I don't give a *flower* if there are mods for that or not!!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited May 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:

People who are going to continue playing Sims 3 have the whole rest of the Sims 3 website to discuss ways to get the most out of Sims 3. This is the only category where we can talk about ways to get the most out of Sims 4, and that must begin with EA knowing that we deserve a game that does not require mods.

Of course there will be modders for Sims 4, but they wont be the same, nor the same mods, and all the mod pushers around here are pushing a product for a retired game, which is unnecessary and contributes to the false perception EA has that they can produce an inferior game and most of the community will be happy enough to download a mod for that :roll:

I for one will NOT! If the Sims 4 base game has the same kinds of troubles that Sims 3 has, I am walking away and never spending a dime on EA again. I don't give a *flower* if there are mods for that or not!!

I agree with you to some extent. Mods are supposed to be around to tweak the game and cater it more to individual tastes, they shouldn't be there to effectively fix a broken game.

Likewise though I do not see the harm in suggesting a mod to someone else who is having problems. Fact of the matter is this steaming pile of crap EA want to call a game is all we have and since we've spent our money on it we might as well get it working.

I'm not condoning them, but it makes more sense than letting software you've already spent £100s on just sit there because it's unplayable.

I'm not buying TS4 either though, not until I know it's not going to be a repeat of TS3.