The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple partners

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yay! I am not here as often right now seeing as Sims 3 is winding down and Sims 4 isn't out yet. I play now and then but I also play other games too.

Haha yeah, pretty much. I just recently returned to the Forums after months of absense; not much to do without any new info.
    Yeah, I've often wished sims could have multiple relationships acknowledged as more than "romantic interest." Because it suits some sims to have a spouse and a lover, or two serious relationships.

Exactly!
    I don't like how easy it is for sims to get caught fooling around. It would be interesting if there were a way to make it much harder, and possibly even a way to turn off the jealousy on occasion.

Yep 8)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    I don't which game you guys play but in my TS3 the Sim doesn't care if anything at all happens right in front of their face, and one reason I felt it was way too boring and happy.

I like when the Sims are jealous and freak out, get in fights, slap each other, gossip about each other, (remember Mary burned the bread) :P etc.

If you take away those things what do you wind up with TS3. I didn't play the reputation stuff in TS3, because honestly so what if they did have a bad rep? Who cares, that didn't cause any havoc either.

If that would have been in the TS2 then the other Sim would have either ran for the hills to get away from a Sim with a bad rep (in the romance) or slapped them just for g.p. (general purpose) for being such a lowdown cheat.

I don't know my TS3 has never played like some people's game in this thread..absolutely nothing ever happened in my game unless I clicked on my Sim to make it happen and that is pretty boring imho.

I'm actually a little jealous of you right now. Really? Your sims could cheat under their spouses' noses without any consequences? If my sim went to the other side of town meeting up with a romantic interest and kissing her, he'd get accused by his wife of cheating as soon as he got home again.

Unless, of course, his romantic interest accused him of cheating first, because he had a wife. It was really annoying.

I like jealousy too, but I want it to be somewhat realistic. You don't just know that your partner has cheated on you, that's something you see or hear about. Also, I think different people react differently to being cheated on. I mean seriously, can you honestly say that all your friends, if they were cheated on, would slap and scream at the person who cheated on them? Some of them would, perhaps, but others would react differently.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,127 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm personally fine with jealousy being the default reaction but it should be harder for sims to find out their partner is cheating on them. They should either hear it through in game gossip or witnessing their partner kissing or woohooing with the lover etc. A lot of the time they seem to just know.

As has been said in this thread, sometimes people have polyamorous relationships and what about people who want to play out arranged marriages where one of the partners might have a lover on the side? So I think there should be a no-jealousy trait or reward to help out with those scenarios :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm personally fine with jealousy being the default reaction but it should be harder for sims to find out their partner is cheating on them. They should either hear it through in game gossip or witnessing their partner kissing or woohooing with the lover etc. A lot of the time they seem to just know.

As has been said in this thread, sometimes people have polyamorous relationships and what about people who want to play out arranged marriages where one of the partners might have a lover on the side? So I think there should be a no-jealousy trait or reward to help out with those scenarios :)

There should be a suite of Storyteller Tools that would be useful for movie making too. Storyteller Tools should be a selection of controls for editing all skills, relationships, family trees, emotional states, and memories, plus include triggers for animations like the moviemaker cheats in Sims 3.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:

There should be a suite of Storyteller Tools that would be useful for movie making too. Storyteller Tools should be a selection of controls for editing all skills, relationships, family trees, emotional states, and memories, plus include triggers for animations like the moviemaker cheats in Sims 3.

THIS is freaking brilliant! I HATE Story Progression in TS3 because I like to household hop in some games and nothing ticks me off more than having a family I MADE and put a lot of effort into MOVE OUT OF TOWN AND DISAPPEAR FOREVER while I'm playing some other family for a little while! They REALLY need to give us Story Customization Tools!
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    enkeli63 wrote:

THIS is freaking brilliant! I HATE Story Progression in TS3 because I like to household hop in some games and nothing ticks me off more than having a family I MADE and put a lot of effort into MOVE OUT OF TOWN AND DISAPPEAR FOREVER while I'm playing some other family for a little while! They REALLY need to give us Story Customization Tools!

I'm glad you like my idea too. I think if we could have Storyteller Tools like that, it would make up for not being able to pick the exact perfect colour for everything. At least I could set up and play out my own storylines without the game playing itself again.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2014
    As to relationships, I really feel it should be "anything goes" and WE THE PLAYERS decide what goes! Now pre-made Sims should have whatever relationship expectations and preferences they are made with and our Sims just have to deal with them as they are. But say I want to make a complete family in CAS and I want it to be one woman, her husband and her two boyfriends and one of the boyfriends has a wife and the first woman has children with ALL of the men and they all live in the same house and get along great... well I should darn well be able to do that! LOL And just as there are no bigoted Sims in TS3 and no one gets bent out of shape over gay or bi Sims, no one should get upset about unconventional family relationships either.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hannoie wrote:
    I often played families in TS3, but sometimes, I enjoyed playing the real jerk. They would be a real player, flirt with everyone they met. Anyways, what always bugged me was that they couldn't have more than one boy/girlfriend. Plenty of romantic interests, oh yes, but not more than one boy/girlfriend. It felt unrealistic somehow. I've known guys who've had more than one girlfriend at times. Granted, it rarely ends well for such guys, but I still want the option to play my sims like that.

I'd also like married people to be able to have a boy/girlfriend on the side, rather than only romantic interests.

Oh, and while we're at it, please, please, EA, take away the sims' sixth sense telling them when their partner has cheated on them. If a sim has been out from sunset to dawn fishing, that's just fine. If a sim has been in another sim's bed from sunset to dawn, their partner will automatically know this when they get home, and accuse them of cheating. I mean, how the heck would their partner know, really?

So, what do you think? Is there any changes you'd like to see regarding romantic relationships in The Sims?

I agree OP!

I am so sick of The Sims Team trying to be the :shock: moral police :shock: Just make the flippin game, quit trying to dictate how people use it :roll:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,127 Member
    edited May 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:

Great idea. I don't use the moviemaker stuff but I love how you can edit things like relationships in the NRAAS MasterController mod. If the game had something like this, it would be ideal :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:

What an amazing idea! Oh God, that would be the most helpful thing ever. I officially need this now.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    As to relationships, I really feel it should be "anything goes" and WE THE PLAYERS decide what goes! Now pre-made Sims should have whatever relationship expectations and preferences they are made with and our Sims just have to deal with them as they are. But say I want to make a complete family in CAS and I want it to be one woman, her husband and her two boyfriends and one of the boyfriends has a wife and the first woman has children with ALL of the men and they all live in the same house and get along great... well I should darn well be able to do that! LOL And just as there are no bigoted Sims in TS3 and no one gets bent out of shape over gay or bi Sims, no one should get upset about unconventional family relationships either.

That would be so awesome :lol: And I totally agree :)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited May 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    The problem with that is my sims always seem to be caught having multiple lovers on the side. Yes I am bad with my sims. They tend to cheat on their husbands/wives. :twisted:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    HanKat173HanKat173 Posts: 135 Member
    edited May 2014
    I agree 100%.

If your Sim is going to be a player, he/she needs to rack up a number of partners and some simultaneously. Having only one partner at a time and flirting/hooking up with others is realistic behaviour, but also stringing other people along as partners too. Happens all the time! I think them going back to two relationship bars is positive.
  • Options
    PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    edited May 2014
    I am so happy that someone started this topic.

Every now and then I play my sim as a naughty-boy and HATE it when the children of his many girlfriends show up as his wife's step children!!!!

But, on the other hand, I am glad there is no child support, LOL!
    Although, I would actually love to have child support. Wouldn't that be some great game-play? And my sim would be soooooooooo broke, LOL!!!
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited May 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

I like the concept of SStory Progression. But I hated that! I creat all sims in town. I took the trouble of playing every house in the map once so the game doesn't do that.

Who thought players wanted the sims they created evicted and replaced by boring, ugly randomly generated sims?

I hope TS4 Story Progression never delete my sims unless they die.
  • Options
    SeraphinedreamsSeraphinedreams Posts: 86 New Member
    edited May 2014
    pguida wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

I like the concept of SStory Progression. But I hated that! I creat all sims in town. I took the trouble of playing every house in the map once so the game doesn't do that.

Who thought players wanted the sims they created evicted and replaced by boring, ugly randomly generated sims?

I hope TS4 Story Progression never delete my sims unless they die.

Agreed! (really to all of it, because if I want my sim to have a harem I should darn well be able to do that!) Especially for the player-created households! I created the perfect genetic specimen to continue my family line with features I knew would mesh with my current sim to create a not-completely-freakish next generation. I set up the town, moved in my sim, and proceeded to go out on the town a few nights a week hoping to meet "Mr. Perfect" so that I could really kick my legacy game in gear (No, I rarely move the father into the home, I just create him, date him, have some babies, and then move on to the next gen, so it works for me :P)Now, I was fine with not finding him as a young adult, but once I started getting halfway through adulthood, I got nervous. Went into edit town, only to find that at some point he had vanished off the face of the planet. And yes, I check ALL of the households to see if he had been absorbed, and he hadn't. So at this point my option is to place a new copy of a YA sim to date my adult sim (if the game doesn't move him out again) or try to remake him in CAS as an adult (yes I failed to save him as a sim when I made him). Then my poor female sim has to go to his door, because she somehow magically knew he was there, because if she waits to meet him by chance in town, she'll be dead before her kids grow up.

There needs to be a "lock" function on households that once you select that option it makes it so that the household cannot be removed unless they simply die of old age. Heck, make it more than that and have multiple lock functions so that you can decide of the household is allowed to marry, have babies, or move away. This would take only that specific household out of the story progression mode, not the whole town. I don't care that the Smiths had five babies and divorced and the wife now lives alone with fifteen cats. That's fine. But leave my divine interference alone and let my sim meet their "soulmate" unhindered by story progression.

One last note... Why is it only the spouse that gets slapped when he is caught cheating? If my female sim were to walk in on her spouse with another sim, there should be the option of beating the crap out of his lover. A simple pop-up with options would do this just fine. Something like:

Oh No! You found your spouse cheating on you! What do you want to do?
    ~Join In!
    ~Get mad at spouse
    ~Start a fight with the lover
    ~Walk away and wait your turn

Ok, the last one was sarcastic lol. Maybe an "ignore it" option would be better. But you get the idea. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @Seraphinedreams

Lots of lots of good ideas :)
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited May 2014
    I agree with everything and I wish sims 3 had it NOW also THE CITY HALL to me it need more use then what it has now don't get me wrong I like Graduations or whatever ...but I want things like a quick marriage..divorce..adoption...giving up your own child....suing anybody (not because u are a star)..Vidal records to get birth certificates ( then someone may find out they were adopted or that's not my dad kinda thing)

It's so many things that the city hall can be used for as well as the police dept. u can call because of a fight or many other things...or you were super juiced and you drove home and police pulled you over for driving while super juiced stuff like that ..you can go to jail no rabbit hole u will be lock in the room for a few days and ppl can visit u in jail ..all I am saying police departments..hospitals and city halls need to have way more use then now as for hospital maybe if we had clinic you can visit when u are pregnant or crazy.....then mixed that up with all the stuff u just said ..wow it would an be action drama filled game for story plots ONLY if u choose to play that way.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    brsy wrote:
    I agree with everything and I wish sims 3 had it NOW also THE CITY HALL to me it need more use then what it has now don't get me wrong I like Graduations or whatever ...but I want things like a quick marriage..divorce..adoption...giving up your own child....suing anybody (not because u are a star)..Vidal records to get birth certificates ( then someone may find out they were adopted or that's not my dad kinda thing)

It's so many things that the city hall can be used for as well as the police dept. u can call because of a fight or many other things...or you were super juiced and you drove home and police pulled you over for driving while super juiced stuff like that ..you can go to jail no rabbit hole u will be lock in the room for a few days and ppl can visit u in jail ..all I am saying police departments..hospitals and city halls need to have way more use then now as for hospital maybe if we had clinic you can visit when u are pregnant or crazy.....then mixed that up with all the stuff u just said ..wow it would an be action drama filled game for story plots ONLY if u choose to play that way.

You're right, actually. The City Hall could be used in many interesting, relationship-related ways :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited May 2014
    I think friends with benefits should cause jelousy if a sims spouse is caught doing romantic stuff with their best friend but only if their caught.

It's still cheating.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I think friends with benefits should cause jelousy if a sims spouse is caught doing romantic stuff with their best friend but only if their caught.

It's still cheating.

Oh yeah, definitely!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2014
    (@Enkeli63 Thanks for the compliment a few pages back :wink: )
    Cinebar wrote:
    If you take away those things what do you wind up with TS3. I didn't play the reputation stuff in TS3, because honestly so what if they did have a bad rep? Who cares, that didn't cause any havoc either.

If that would have been in the TS2 then the other Sim would have either ran for the hills to get away from a Sim with a bad rep (in the romance) or slapped them just for g.p. (general purpose) for being such a lowdown cheat.

I don't know my TS3 has never played like some people's game in this thread..absolutely nothing ever happened in my game unless I clicked on my Sim to make it happen and that is pretty boring imho.
    I often deleted the bad reputation icon because it did bother me while playing (I remember certain interactions were impossible to do while having one and often it was caused by stuff like 'having children without marriage' and I'm sorry, I'm not living in the fifties anymore :roll: )
    I don't quite remember because I turned the whole thing off as soon as I could.
    I thought it was quite annoying.
    And there are spontaneous slappings in 3 too. The woman in this picture wasn't in my active family ;-)

Planets_182.jpg
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Yeah, that is TERRIBLE when that happens! I can't imagine there isn't a way to program that, if I put sims in the game myself it's most likely I want them to stay there. Get rid of townies my sims don't have any interactions with for all I care, but NOT my own sims. This should definitely be improved.
    5JZ57S6.png