Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-A-Sim Demo

Do you think it should be released like a Preorder Bonus or a free download when sims 4 is closer to release.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes, like the day of E3. :mrgreen:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited May 2014
    and i think its a good way for fans to pass the time while waiting for Sims 4 and a good way to test the system .
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited May 2014
    They won't do it.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    edited May 2014
    I say release it free online for everyone. They released a SimCity 5 demo before that was released.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Yes, like the day of E3. :mrgreen:

This.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2014
    pre order bonus, theres no harm in giving a little incentive and people who pre order will be the ones testing/reviewing the game so a little extra bonus would be nice
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm hoping they do one as that will help me greatly. I really just want to play the game on launch day and have all the families I've planned ready to be uploaded and created in game quickly.
  • Options
    wooters2014wooters2014 Posts: 186 Member
    edited May 2014
    I think it would be a good pre order reward but i have a feeling there would be lots of complaints if it was
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2014
    Cynel1 wrote:
    Azarinop2 wrote:
    They won't do it.

Don't be so negative.
    They have been releasing some concept art work of past Sims games recently. So they may just release a CAS demo, it's hard to tell exactly what EA and Maxis might do next. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    If they do preorder won't we have to wait till the game is out?
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'd also looove for them to let us but not all people are harmless like us and unfortunately because there are horrible people out there that would misuse and try and distribute the demo... so they wouldn't be able to... Maybe if they had events at game shops where people could take turns, that might work~ :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AKirbehAKirbeh Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2014
    Azarinop2 wrote:
    They won't do it.
    They did it for the sims 2 and also the sims 3 pets so I don't see why not. Though I think if they do, they would release it to those who pre-ordered, to give people more of an incentive to pre-order.
  • Options
    loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    edited May 2014
    moo11x if the demo was free to everyone it wouldn't matter if people distributed it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    moo11x if the demo was free to everyone it wouldn't matter if people distributed it.

But even free items/downloads are distributed and I meant in the sense that people (criminals) sell and/or modify the software... :roll:
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2014
    AKirbeh wrote:
    Azarinop2 wrote:
    They won't do it.
    They did it for the sims 2 and also the sims 3 pets so I don't see why not. Though I think if they do, they would release it to those who pre-ordered, to give people more of an incentive to pre-order.

They did it for The Sims 3 too.

I think they should give it to those who preorder DURING the E3 event. People who preorder should all be able to redeem a code that unlocks the TS4 CAS program.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,482 Member
    edited May 2014
    If there is a demo, I hope they can transfer to the game once it releases. If there is a clothes shop hopefully, clothes will be limited.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm hoping that it will allow us to upload our sims to the new exchange once it's up and also wouldn't it be nice if it allowed us to do households?
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    2011simone wrote:
    pre order bonus, theres no harm in giving a little incentive and people who pre order will be the ones testing/reviewing the game so a little extra bonus would be nice

I don't see why it should be a pre-order bonus. Not everyone has pre-ordered. I think they should release a CAS demo for everyone, so they at least know what they're buying first hand.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm still holding off preordering till the official date is announced. Maybe we'll know by E3. Right now it's looking like September 23rd or September 30th.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm still holding off preordering till the official date is announced. Maybe we'll know by E3. Right now it's looking like September 23rd or September 30th.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2014
    I believe the official German Sims Facebook page confirmed without actually confirming that we would find out a release date at E3. Someone asked when we would get one, and their response was something along the lines of "maybe there will be news on that at E3 ;) "
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I hope they release the requirements as well at E3. I'm hoping my graphics card will be able to handle it.

I have the GT 120 Nvidea with 1gb of dedicted ram to it and dd2.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,482 Member
    edited May 2014
    I hope they release the requirements as well at E3. I'm hoping my graphics card will be able to handle it.

I have the GT 120 Nvidea with 1gb of dedicted ram to it and dd2.
    SimguruGraham tweeted a while back that the specs won't be announced until the launch date is very close.