Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interactions

In The Sims 4 they should make a selection on autonomous interactions that we, as the player, can accept or decline the interactions. For example, I am playing Mortimer and Bella autonomously wants to kiss him. Their should be the option for Mortimer to accept or decline the kiss. If he accepts, they will kiss, and their relationship goes up. If he declines, he will push her away, and their relationship goes down. If anyone has played The Sims Online before would know they has a similar system to this.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2014
    That's a great idea.
  • Options
    DudeThatsErinDudeThatsErin Posts: 550
    edited May 2014
    Seems pretty cool!
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh wow, I like that idea! Like when my sim is out, I would like the option of being rude or being nice when someone tries to greet me. :lol:
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    edited May 2014
    Prefer not to have the player choice, I prefer the challenge. I like not to control everything.

In Sims 2, there were more autonomous actions, professors at uni were known for chasing everyone for kisses and cuddles, even if they just met them. Absolutely funny, created tons of drama, fights, and since you needed to be friends with them you'd have to turn around and repair the relationship which just tanked in the friendship points.

I hope Sims 4 has more freedom, and we don't only ever get what we want. Kind of removes all surprises, but it does give control, total control, while at the same time never throwing up anything new and surprising for you to do.

Sorry
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited May 2014
    Miamine wrote:
    Prefer not to have the player choice, I prefer the challenge. I like not to control everything.

In Sims 2, there were more autonomous actions, professors at uni were known for chasing everyone for kisses and cuddles, even if they just met them. Absolutely funny, created tons of drama, fights, and since you needed to be friends with them you'd have to turn around and repair the relationship which just tanked in the friendship points.

I hope Sims 4 has more freedom, and we don't only ever get what we want. Kind of removes all surprises, but it does give control, total control, while at the same time never throwing up anything new and surprising for you to do.

Sorry

Well, Miamine.. the awesome thing about being given the 'choice' is that you can actually do nothing and have the game choose for you.
    I find it funny you ask for more freedom and in the same breath say you hope you don't only ever get what you want. Then you say you want all surprises removed and nothing new being thrown at you, but you are all for more autonomous actions, in which you can't cancel out of because you like the challenge. You say you like to control everything then say you hope Sims 4 gives total control.
    Maybe it's just early for me, but that whole statement sounds rather contradictory.

Personally I would like the option to cancel out of any autonomous action, not to say I would but I would certainly appreciate the option to not have my sim accept a rocket ride from Professor Townie.
  • Options
    Line870Line870 Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2014
    I like the idea, if it's about another sim (that I'm not controlling) trying to kiss my sim, or just the thought of non playable sims' trying to greet me, then it's fine.
    But what if I'm paying with my own houshold. Let's say, I want to make a baby :wink: So the father will of course have to get the mother into the mood, meaning he has to make a lot of kisses. If I had to accept them everytime, then I'm sure I would eventually become tired of it.

So I'm kinda torn here, but if it's only with sims that aren't in your household, (not playable at the moment) then I'm all for it! :D

(Sorry for my bad English! :oops: )
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2014
    I agree Miamine. I don't want the game to be setup so many choices for the player like that. For one reason, you notice these things in the pie menu in TS3. Instead of the Sim auto doing some of these things, and refusing on it's own (like in TS2) you see the game in TS3 give options to the player, so you are doing a lot of clicking and a lot of 'planning' out every step of their interactions. Where as in TS2 a Sim may walk up to my Sim want to admire them, hug them, kiss them and my Sim may be open to it, or they may shake their head and move away or gag or frown or whatever. I don't want to 'script' everything that happens to my Sim like I'm filming a video for a story with pose boxes. Know what I mean. Sometimes, the best part of gameplay in TS2 is what the Sims do autonomously and I had nothing to do with it...and I can understand how the OP would like this feature...but only if I was trying write a story or film it, and then it becomes very scripted because I might as well pull out some movie hacks and pose boxes if I have to do the work myself in every click. :wink:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AeroFunk80AeroFunk80 Posts: 318 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm a control freak and like to have absolute control over my Sim and what happens in their lives, so I support this :-)
    AeroSimmer_Small_zps77549281.png