Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jenny0786 Blackcat Builders Showcase

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited May 2014
    Lovely, lovely home Jenny! I, too, like the roofed version from the original picture. I even like the extra hipped version under the peaks of the two roofs above the left side porch...see them? You could even add them and really cozy up the roofline. Just draw a half hipped roof piece right on the wall line, and one tile width back. Pull them up or down until they blend in with the peaks of your dormer roofs. You could get the same effect! It adds weight!

Your levels, terrain, retaining wall and drive look great!! Well done indeed! I think you could get the driveway even smoother if you fuss a little more too. It looks like a perfect home for any modern day neighborhood!

• Options
    jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you Taryn for your feedback. I went back in today and worked on the home a little bit. Here are some new screenshots.

NEW DRIVE
    2nltfub.jpg

FRONT
    2nqwda0.jpg

LEFT SIDE
    2j31f9c.jpg

BACK [the "enclosed" porch is not part of the original floor plan]
    s1t640.jpg

RIGHT SIDE
    aey82v.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,627 Member
    edited May 2014
    Your WIP is looking great! It looks great how you have done an enclosed porch. The steps are looking great there. Nice side porchway. The driveway looks great.
    It is looking good! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ( high fives Jenny on a job well done!)

That looks terrific! The drive looks perfect now, and your roofs are complicated but cozy! It's going to be a beaut!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ooooh! Your WIP is so pretty! Lovely architecture and great job with the raised terrain. :D
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited May 2014
    Jenny, your WIP is looking Fab! Very much like the inspiration photo! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    20g04rc.jpg

nl4sc5.jpg

29yktms.jpg

*I have changed the floor covering to a terrain paint and added trees on either side of the fountain. I will get new pics up as soon as possible*
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    30mxuzs.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,627 Member
    edited May 2014
    The pool area looks very nice! :) It looks so very nice how you have placed the flowers around the edges of the rock waterfall fountain! The side water jet features coming out of the rocks both upwards and sideways look very nice! It looks great how you are doing the steps.
    The WIP is looking great! :)
  • Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited May 2014
    Your house looks amazing, the architecture looks great :D Your pool area looks awesome too, the style of the pool and the landscaping is very nice :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Love the shape of the pool and the fountain. The stairs leading to the pool looks great too. :D Great job Jenny!
  • Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    edited May 2014
    Everything looks so good Jenny! I really like the roof lines, with the added pieces! And the pool looks great! I can't wait to see the finished products!
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thank you all so very much. I am so happy that I joined the Zoo U classes. They have taught me so much. And the Moo U and MOOve Your Grass has given my homes much more depth and character :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    House 2

Main level

Foyer, Study, Kitchen, Dining Room, 1/2 bath, Laundry, Living Room, Garage, and Sun Porch

mc8brb.jpg

Second Level

4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, Game/Rec Room. I did edit the home after this pic was taken [room names ^ reflect the changes I made after pic was taken]

wcclsl.jpg
  • Options
    ladyloialladyloial Posts: 537 Member
    edited June 2014
    love the pool and how your doing the stairs, really great job!!
    aaagXEr5xv_zps9aeuclrp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Nice layout Jenny! Looking forward to more. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you so much Lady, Rose and Yanti :D
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2014
    Your build is looking great--- LOVE the waterfall area against the pool!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Your build is looking great--- LOVE the waterfall area against the pool!

Zoo

Thank you Zoo :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hi, Jenny! *waves*

I really love the roofage (it IS a word, trust me) on this build. I don't know how I failed to comment on that before, but it really looks awesome, all the house architecture does.

I was bopping by all the BCB threads to see if there was anything new. Here's hoping all is going great for you!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited June 2014
    Great work, Jenny :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I can´t wait to see more.
    Hugs :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Beautiful progress Jenny! Everything is looking so great. I have to tell you....you get better and better with each build. You are a building sponge! Everything you learn, you just soak up and apply! I love that you are so eager to learn and take advice and apply it, then you do your own thing with it! I think you are definitely mastering everything Zoo U has been teaching.

This build will be going into my faves when it is done...just such a perfect neighborhood house for today's sims! With those luxurious extra amenities we all wish we could have....like that fountaining pool!

Much love, T
  • Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love what you have done so far. The pool area is very beautiful.
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Beautiful progress Jenny! Everything is looking so great. I have to tell you....you get better and better with each build. You are a building sponge! Everything you learn, you just soak up and apply! I love that you are so eager to learn and take advice and apply it, then you do your own thing with it! I think you are definitely mastering everything Zoo U has been teaching.

This build will be going into my faves when it is done...just such a perfect neighborhood house for today's sims! With those luxurious extra amenities we all wish we could have....like that fountaining pool!

Much love, T

Could NOT have expressed it better than Taryn! She said what I think!

Zoo
    oow785m