Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A PRETEEN AGE!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    dolphinz2121dolphinz2121 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited September 2009
    DUH! I can't make my simself. The kids look too young, teens look too old...

WE need preteens! Thank you for this thread!
  • Options
    adikted2sims19adikted2sims19 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I absoulutely and positively agree with you, it seems so unrealistic when a kid looks like he/she is 6-8 years old and then becomes like 15-17 years old. The other age transitions are okay like baby to toddler, young adult to adult, and adult to elder all seem realistic and make sense. This is a great idea and I would love that. I also think it would be cool if they had to deal with pimples and stuff like that at the "Pre-teen age" maybe even the cliques like "popular girls" and jocks. Things like that, I think, would be a cool addition to the game. :):D:mrgreen: :!:
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited September 2009
    I like this idea but actually a preteen could be just about any age before the the age of 13.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    threeone6threeone6 Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited September 2009
    I love the idea. I've wanted something like that for a while now. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TarinkyDinkTarinkyDink Posts: 72 New Member
    edited September 2009
    DUH! I can't make my simself. The kids look too young, teens look too old...

WE need preteens! Thank you for this thread!
    Exactly. It's always hard to make my simself in the game, or make my friends, because teens are too old and kids are too young. I support this idea 100%.
  • Options
    SimCrazyGrl333SimCrazyGrl333 Posts: 1,204 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Another reason I want this is because (Like many) I can't make my simself!! Well I could but if I'm a kid I'm too young, if I'm a teen I'm too old! SO yeah bring on the TWEENYS!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ChOm1ChOm1 Posts: 294 New Member
    edited September 2009
    We all want a preteen age... When? In WORLD ADVENTURES! Everyone shout with me: "PRETEEN AGE IN WORLD ADVENTURES" I think we should have 6 personality traits and when we become a preteenager we should be able to accept or refuse to choose a new trait!!! It would be great! The ideas of this topic are all good!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,756 Member
    edited September 2009
    ChOm1 wrote:
    We all want a preteen age... When? In WORLD ADVENTURES! Everyone shout with me: "PRETEEN AGE IN WORLD ADVENTURES" I think we should have 6 personality traits and when we become a preteenager we should be able to accept or refuse to choose a new trait!!! It would be great! The ideas of this topic are all good!

its a bit too later to add it to WA since its less then 3 months away.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SuziCQSuziCQ Posts: 32 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I've thought since TS2 came out there should be "tweens."
  • Options
    SIMS3LOVR345SIMS3LOVR345 Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    KayO199X wrote:
    I think the preteen age is the most important age to add because the gap between child and teen is too big. When a child ages up, they sprout up 1 and 1/2 feet and hit puberty all at once. I think there should be an older age, just before a person hit's puberty.

Exactly i AM a preteen and i like to recreate myself. BUT, if thats hapening i need to be a preteen not a child or a teen. i like the crushes, rumours, and perhaps there can be certain interests, interactions, and traits like, a girl could have been caught passing notes to her friend and get a lunch detention, or boys can- do boy stuff. im a girl so i dont know what they might think sorry...
  • Options
    Longcat123Longcat123 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited January 2012
    Please don't bump 3 year old threads....
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited January 2012
    Oh I would love that very much! I do missed that very well! ;)
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    kiaralynn0917kiaralynn0917 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes I want preteens sooo bad! It should be the expansion pack after seasons!
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Eh. Would the preteens do anything different than what the teens do?

Enough that you anyone make a compelling argument for them?
  • Options
    NekochildNekochild Posts: 30
    edited September 2012
    Rather than making a completely new life stage this late in the game, I think EA should improve on the Child stage drastically. I know when I was roughly 8 years old (I was short too, about the height of a six year old) I was already cooking Hot Pockets in the microwave, playing the drums in my music class, getting the mail whenever I saw the pendant thing (what the heck is that thing called anyways?) was up.

I even had my own tomato garden and loved running on my parent's treadmill. All of these things are restricted from children in the game and it's bugged me ever since I got the game years ago. I don't know the childhood that the Dev's had, but I know that mine was much different than what they experienced.
  • Options
    VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited September 2012
    I like the idea! It hasnt bothered me too much the way it is, but it would be a definite improvement. Idk if anyone has said(didnt read all the pages)this but that age would be the perfect time for braces!!
  • Options
    3DJ43DJ4 Posts: 1,125 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I think we should have a Preteen Stage too. Because a lot of stuff happens during that stage. Preteen could be ages 10-13 or 11-13. This age group takes place during the middle school years (junior high years) and its when most start doing activities like Ballet, Karate, Basketball, Soccer etc. This is also a stage where a person is confused as where they stand in age they're tied between wanting to do more kid things or more grown up things. They also begin to change and develop their own style. At this stage they start to become more aware of the world but are still a bit naive. And the jump between child and teen does seem quite drastic right now.

It's a bit difficult to explain this stage, but, the Preteen Stage is different from the Child Stage and Teen Stage so I think it would be good to have it. I think it would have been good to add a Preteen Stage in Generations because I think it would have fit in very well. But I hope Preteens will come with University along with a Student Stage(a stage between teen and young adult to satisfy the look of a actual College Student). If they add both of these Life Stages I see the game having a richer more satisfying Sim Life that has lots to look forward to in each different stage :)

Also, The Sims Freeplay has added Preteens to their ages and has done quite well with grasping the essence of this stage of life. Their Preteen trailer explains this stage of life very well.

You can watch it here: http://www.ea.com/the-sims-freeplay-ios/videos/the-sims-freeplay-preteens-update
  • Options
    3DJ43DJ4 Posts: 1,125 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Bump ;)
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2012
    Can I just point out that, if we're basing this on real-life, the preteen stage would actually cover the years of 8-16? If simplified, it would actually, at current, cover the ages of 8-11? And that a lot of people going into sports are, in the modern era, actually starting it before that age range anymore?

The reason for the first is that puberty has been coming sooner (9 is, IIRC, actually the current most likely age for it to set in) in the U.S. and a few other nations (pretty much, all of the ones concerned with making that a stage). I doubt they've found a cause, but the last theory I saw suggested the reasons may be dietary or due to modern medicine.

The reason for the second? Overzealous parents. There really should be a license to be a parent.
  • Options
    amcroceamcroce Posts: 39 Member
    edited October 2012
    Kids can interact with toddlers somewhat on Generations. They can give them a bottle, play peek a boo, and hug them.