Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim point opportunity - Anybody else notice it went from 50 simpoints to 25 simpoints today

Anybody noticed when they finally got their free simpoints that it went from 50 to 25?

I just experienced it myself today when I went to gather my simpoints.

Comments

• Options
    xxtwilight19xxxxtwilight19xx Posts: 1,084 Member
    edited March 2014
    I noticed... not too happy about this if it's a permanent changed :?
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited March 2014
    Yeah I just noticed and it really stinks. :-(
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    edited March 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    Anybody noticed when they finally got their free simpoints that it went from 50 to 25?

Really?

What's the point then?

Oh well, guess I don't need to waste anymore time watching Slim Jim/Dove ads. My time is worth more than 25 Sim points, lol.

(Multiple edits because I evidently have forgotten how to spell lol.)

Actually it may only be 25 TOTAL so only 5sp per ad!!!!!

Not sure if it's the same for everyone else, but this really stinks :(
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited March 2014
    a friend and me both went through it a few minutes ago. I am not happy about it. Do not think any of us are. We are more than 25 simpoints a day. We spend hundreds of dollars on the sims and for them to think we are worth only 25 simpoints a day is an insult indeed.
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited March 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:

Really?

What's the point then?

Oh well, guess I don't need to waste anymore time watching Slim Jim/Dove ads. My time is worth more than 25 Sim points, lol.

(Multiple edits because I evidently have forgotten how to spell lol.)

They were not even slim jim ones like normal. Those I just mute and continue listening to my music I normally have playing
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    a friend and me both went through it a few minutes ago. I am not happy about it. Do not think any of us are. We are more than 25 simpoints a day. We spend hundreds of dollars on the sims and for them to think we are worth only 25 simpoints a day is an insult indeed.

It baffles me that they think I should pay hundreds more to pay for virtual items .... I'm NEVER going to save up enough for Sunlit Tides now :?
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited March 2014
    Maybe you guys should try again!

True, today was only 5 sim points per ad, but lol it let me pick up ONE HUNDRED sim points watching the 5 sim point ads! Just wait a second when your five times are up, if the button doesn't reappear, refresh the page or go to a different store page. I started with 859, and watched until it gave me 959 points! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tlc10175 wrote:

True, today was only 5 sim points per ad, but lol it let me pick up ONE HUNDRED sim points watching the 5 sim point ads! Just wait a second when your five times are up, if the button doesn't reappear, refresh the page or go to a different store page. I started with 859, and watched until it gave me 959 points! :mrgreen:

Somehow I went from 963 to 988 .. how does that even happen? I was at 989 a second ago, hey gimmee back that simpoint!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    tlc10175 wrote:

Somehow I went from 963 to 988 .. how does that even happen? I was at 989 a second ago, hey gimmee back that simpoint!

LOL!

That's how the poster above you got so many points. She's siphoning one point off everybody. *nods*

That could be the case... seeing how I just tried again and got ten more sim points. =P
  • Options
    Mojo810534Mojo810534 Posts: 148 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey, I was cheated, I only got 10 points :(
  • Options
    AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2014
    I found four for 5 points each - when I went to watch a fifth I got told that ad was gone. Which was weird cause I continued to see the points thing. I ended up getting 20 points which made me happy cause I haven't seen the ads since Dec. That said the change to 5 simpoints surprised me.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    Hey.....I have a blue button....I shouldn't have a blue button. I already got my points for today this morning.

*stares at blue button and ponders*

Should I try it?

I'm scared! LOL

ETA: I clicked it. I couldn't resist the temptation. The button vanished! LOL

Did you refresh or go to a different page of the store? Maybe try a couple more times? I'm just curious if this isn't by design. Maybe the change is watching ads for only five points but the trade-off is you get yo watch until a hundred sim points instead of fifty? That would be cool with me. =]
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited March 2014
    Dude I got FIVE simpoints today.Not 25 but FIVE!!!!!

A 3 minute video for 5 points that cant buy anything,wow :-o

They aren't broke so why did they reduce pay out????????
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited March 2014
    I got my 50 sp with the regular ads at like 3 am. But in the last little bit I have gotten 60 more pts with those new 5 pt ads.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    tlc10175 wrote:
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    Hey.....I have a blue button....I shouldn't have a blue button. I already got my points for today this morning.

*stares at blue button and ponders*

Should I try it?

I'm scared! LOL

ETA: I clicked it. I couldn't resist the temptation. The button vanished! LOL

Did you refresh or go to a different page of the store? Maybe try a couple more times? I'm just curious if this isn't by design. Maybe the change is watching ads for only five points but the trade-off is you get yo watch until a hundred sim points instead of fifty? That would be cool with me. =]

In the interest of research ....

I kept trying, it was playing coy and kept vanishing on me. I finally got it to show up. So far I've watched:

30 second ad = 5 SP
    1 minute ad = 5 SP (and had to complete a short survey!!!!)
    They vanished AGAIN so clicked on another store tab and found the button again
    1 minute ad = 5 SP (and they wanted me to share the ad on facebook...uh...no)

Vanished again and can't find them again.

Aww wow. =/ Thanks for trying, I was curious.
    One of the ones I watched, I think for Elle, had a survey as step two, but you don't have to take it, you should still get the points. Same with the FB share, didn't have to do that either and still got the points. <=)
  • Options
    PSFinishLinePSFinishLine Posts: 179 Member
    edited March 2014
    Anybody else seeing a text that says something like "may vary depending on inventory"? I only got offered the ad once and it said it would take 10 minutes to a day to process my simpoints...
  • Options
    29cats29cats Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2014
    I got 20 points earlier today using the 10 point ads and was surprised to see the box come up again tonite so I started clicking......120 points later they finally stopped showing up! :mrgreen: Lot of ads to watch at only 5 points a ad but more than worth it in my opinion! Doubt it if it ever happens again but enjoying it now.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited March 2014
    DANG IT!!! i clicked it but it disappeared after clicking twice :evil: first time i saw it and it disappears on me!!! :(

edit

I got 10!!!
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Awesome!

PSFinishLine, yeah I saw that too. =)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited March 2014
    Well I like to report that when I watched the ads, I ended up with 120 sp when I was finished. Every time I went to a different tab, they popped up... :D
  • Options
    CribbetCribbet Posts: 373
    edited March 2014
    I got 5 simpoints, but I wouldn't be complaining about getting simpoints...... at least not too much.
  • Options
    Blossom391Blossom391 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Ended up getting 160 SP. I didn't really count how many ads I saw. I think I viewed over 10 ads. The first few were on how to get the points. Got some SP for watching them. The rest were various ads, one being a multiple choice to earn SP if I selected the right answer.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lisasc360 wrote:
    Well I like to report that when I watched the ads, I ended up with 120 sp when I was finished. Every time I went to a different tab, they popped up... :D

Thanks! I think that's what I ended up getting as well. =]

lucyvp86 wow 5 - 10 minutes between? What would happen on this end is, after I watched the ad, the page would of course reload. If I stayed on that page for a few seconds even though it was fully reloaded, it seemed that the button would just ... 'appear'? and when it didn't do that, I would start going to different pages, and it would either be there already or appear almost immediately. Then when I thought it was done, I went back again a few minutes later it would be back again. :mrgreen: But I'm pretty sure I ended up getting 120 points before it completely vanished.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hmm I ended up with 125sp... Gifted 25 of them to a friend who couldn't get more than 4 ads! This is so strange that we're all getting different amounts
  • Options
    TheGreatSquarkTheGreatSquark Posts: 77 Member
    edited March 2014
    This is definitely a lot less user friendly than the old ads, at least. They also seem more likely to encourage people to tab away from them, which kind of defeats the point.
    Hey TS3 Fans! Don't have Late night yet, or have a friend who doesn't have it yet? I'm giving a spare code away on Christmas Day! Check it out!