Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Melbury Manor 5br. 4ba.

Hi guys! I have a new lot to share. I was looking at historical houses on line and I found a picture of an old house once owned by Richard Harris and Jimmy Page. Supposedly it is haunted by the spirito f a young boy who, according to Richard Harris, stopped messing with him when he bought a bunch of toys for the old nursery. Creepy!

Couldnt resist making my own version of the house, which is not an exact copy but rather changed a bit for gameplay and to fit well in Dragon Valley.

Includes 5 bedrooms ( master is ensuite with a private study)
4 bathrooms
large reception hall/dining room for entertaining
library
attic work room
large side gardens with tons of herbs and veg

$250k on 40x40 lot. no CC. A few store items and several thngs from Dragon Valley.

DONLOAD HERE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8042625

smallcover_zpsa585b761.png

Screenshot-1040_zps025f5c81.jpg

image1_zps5617834c.jpg

dininghall_zpsf9ce0b2e.jpg

livingroom_zpsdc0b903f.jpg

study_zps833cc48a.jpg

purpleroom_zpse53d365f.jpg

nursery_zpsce114596.jpg

atticroom_zps394cb188.jpg

back_zps4af3a089.jpg

longshotexterior_zpsf35ccab7.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited February 2014
    Melbury Manor is very nice :) it looks great how you have done the exterior of the house! The roofing looks great! Nice types of windows that you have used through the build. Very nice furnishing of the interior . Nice shades of colours and patterns that you have used for the walls , beds and curtains in the rooms. Nice wall panelling. It looks nice the type of dining seats that you have used. It looks nice how you have placed the tapestry on the dining room wall and placed the armour shields and candle wall lights either side. It is nice for sims to see when dining there and the fireplace will keep them warm. The wall and ceiling candle lights through the rooms of the house look nice and suit well the feel of the house. Very nice bedrooms! The type of and placement of the curtains through the home looks very nice.It looks great how you have placed the trees outside,
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited February 2014
    Melbury Manor looks amazing, I love the architecture and the landscaping. The interior also looks really nice, the decor, patterns and colours you've used are great, I love it, rec'd and faved :D
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Thank You!!!! :mrgreen: I am always in need of such perfect accomodations for my residents of Dragon Valley! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi Ruth I always know we are in for a real treat when you upload one of your gorgeous builds. :D Melbury Manor in rich and sumptuous build a wonderful recreation of the original. :D Rec'd and favoured. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2014
    Simply Perfect build! :D LOVE the architecture and the way you have decorated inside. Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited February 2014
    Beautiful job Ruth! Wonderful Gothic vibe. Proportioned perfectly. Rich, deep colors inside with a very Victorian feel to the furnishings. Really captured the look of the original nicely. DRF'd
    Kirk
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited February 2014
    Very nice home, ruthless! I always like your builds they're so cool.
    Rec'd, of course :)
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi guys! I have a new lot to share. I was looking at historical houses on line and I found a picture of an old house once owned by Richard Harris and Jimmy Page. Supposedly it is haunted by the spirito f a young boy who, according to Richard Harris, stopped messing with him when he bought a bunch of toys for the old nursery. Creepy!

Couldnt resist making my own version of the house, which is not an exact copy but rather changed a bit for gameplay and to fit well in Dragon Valley.

Includes 5 bedrooms ( master is ensuite with a private study)
    4 bathrooms
    large reception hall/dining room for entertaining
    library
    attic work room
    large side gardens with tons of herbs and veg

$250k on 40x40 lot. no CC. A few store items and several thngs from Dragon Valley.

DONLOAD HERE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8042625

smallcover_zpsa585b761.png

Yet another "must have" for me! Thank you! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    edited February 2014
    Sumptuous,rich interiors and elegant architecture,the whole build is just lovely :thumbup:
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • Options
    evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    edited February 2014
    This is an awesome looking manor house and I just love the way you have decorated it!! Have recommended it and will download it.
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited February 2014
    Fabulous build, Ruthie! Rec'd and faved.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    rawrmaegansmilerawrmaegansmile Posts: 240 Member
    edited February 2014
    Beautiful build! If I get DV I'll have to grab this manor for my "royal" simmies :) xx
    xoxo