Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Think We Will Be Getting Another World or 2?

Just wondering if anyone thinks we will get another world or even 2 before the end of Sims 3? :D

So what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,863 Member
    edited February 2014
    I keep hoping we might get one more world...but with no news at all on that front, I'm beginning to have my doubts, particularly after the January cutbacks. I'm not willing just yet to completely think we won't get one more...but it is looking more and more like it, isn't it?

@lucyvp86 -we will likely get more venues. SimGuruCopeland himself recently bumped the "ideas for new venues" thread so that's a promising sign on that.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    cemole4235cemole4235 Posts: 344 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I would have thought we were getting another world, but that was before EA fired everybody :roll: . I'm grateful that we're still getting sets and maybe another venue or two, but as for worlds? No, we won't be getting another one.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited February 2014
    I can't say for certain if EA has started the cutbacks or not in Salt Lake City. But if we don't hear of any hints of a new world by the end of March. Then it' likely that we won't be getting two more worlds. This all just speculation of course until someone from The Salt Lake City team says something about what's going. You have to remember that Guru Smitty had left, and she was the driving force behind the store worlds. I remember that someone had mentioned towards the end of last year that we would be getting five more store worlds before the end of Sims 3. That statement it's looking so bright anymore, considering the fact of how long that it takes the store team to make a world. :D
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,297 Member
    edited February 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    I can't say for certain if EA has started the cutbacks or not in Salt Lake City. But if we don't hear of any hints of a new world by the end of March. Then it' likely that we won't be getting two more worlds. This all just speculation of course until someone from The Salt Lake City team says something about what's going. You have to remember that Guru Smitty had left, and she was the driving force behind the store worlds. I remember that someone had mentioned towards the end of last year that we would be getting five more store worlds before the end of Sims 3. That statement it's looking so bright anymore, considering the fact of how long that it takes the store team to make a world. :D

I think that they already done that since SimGuruLauren and Smitty is now gone. Here is the link to the article.
    http://simsvip.com/2014/01/31/simgurulauren-simgurubrit-depart-ea/

And here is the link about the SLC office.
    http://simsvip.com/2014/01/30/former-artist-thesims4-completely-mismanaged/
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    My current theory:
    Ok... here's the new random theory!

I'm thinking that they MIGHT be working on a new world. It seems like the store team might be smaller now, and I'm thinking that the reason why we seem to only be getting one set a month is because they're also working on a world! Think about it... last month we got a non-pc set (Homecoming) so maybe while that was being made they were working on the PC for the world? And this month it appears we got the venue but no non-pc set, so they may have been working on the cas/objects for the world. And it sounds like we're getting a non-pc set month next month too (sob) so maybe that's because they're working on the world's gold venue and pc?

Just a theory. :-?
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm betting (hoping!) that they're planning to go out with a bang and since TS4's debut has been set for Fall of this year I SUSPECT we will get a final world around that time as well. Probably as the final "big" thing the store team will put out. They did originally say that the store would stay open even after TS4 hits the shelves... pretty much for as long as it was still making enough money to justify the expense. So we may even see a few more sets and possibly a venue or two as well before they really wrap things up here.

Now at first glance it may not make sense to put out a TS3 World at the same time as they release TS4 but most of us who are heavy store shoppers are planning to stick with TS3 for awhile and bide our time on TS4, if for no other reason than to have time to see lots of reviews and play throughs before deciding to take the plunge ourselves. Which means that those of us who aren't planning to be early adopters (and our numbers are considerable) are still a potential revenue stream via TS3 so it would be silly to cut us off immediately.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    My current theory:
    Ok... here's the new random theory!

I'm thinking that they MIGHT be working on a new world. It seems like the store team might be smaller now, and I'm thinking that the reason why we seem to only be getting one set a month is because they're also working on a world! Think about it... last month we got a non-pc set (Homecoming) so maybe while that was being made they were working on the PC for the world? And this month it appears we got the venue but no non-pc set, so they may have been working on the cas/objects for the world. And it sounds like we're getting a non-pc set month next month too (sob) so maybe that's because they're working on the world's gold venue and pc?

Just a theory. :-?
    It would seem as if they are working on another world. But it only seems that way to us, since we are on the outside and not the inside. So basically we don't really know what's going on behind closed doors. :D
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    edited February 2014
    I didn't realise that there'd been a massive lay off of staff at EA. I feel sorry for those who have lost or are going to lose their jobs.
    I had been wondering why there was no mention of any expansion packs or worlds.
    I had hoped they wouldn't stop making things for Sims 3 when Sims 4 came out.
    I'm going to wait until I get a new pc before I get Sims 4.
    They still could do alot with Sims 3, add more traits and make more jobs for example.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,297 Member
    edited February 2014
    mock68 wrote:
    I didn't realise that there'd been a massive lay off of staff at EA. I feel sorry for those who have lost or are going to lose their jobs.
    I had been wondering why there was no mention of any expansion packs or worlds.
    I had hoped they wouldn't stop making things for Sims 3 when Sims 4 came out.
    I'm going to wait until I get a new pc before I get Sims 4.
    They still could do alot with Sims 3, add more traits and make more jobs for example.

They had already announced that the Into the Future was the last expansion pack for TS3 way before the lay offs happened. They had announced that after they made the announcement for TS4.

This is what SimGuruHydra had said during the Q&A for TS4 about more stuff for TS3.
    Q: Are you still developing content for The Sims 3?
    A: Yes. We have a brand new world, Dragon Valley, coming out at the end of May. We have The Sims 3 Island Paradise shipping on June 25 and we have a Future-themed expansion arriving in Fall 2013. Beyond that, we continue to create content for The Sims 3 Store.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675024.page

• Options
    edited February 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I'm betting (hoping!) that they're planning to go out with a bang and since TS4's debut has been set for Fall of this year I SUSPECT we will get a final world around that time as well. Probably as the final "big" thing the store team will put out. They did originally say that the store would stay open even after TS4 hits the shelves... pretty much for as long as it was still making enough money to justify the expense. So we may even see a few more sets and possibly a venue or two as well before they really wrap things up here.

Now at first glance it may not make sense to put out a TS3 World at the same time as they release TS4 but most of us who are heavy store shoppers are planning to stick with TS3 for awhile and bide our time on TS4, if for no other reason than to have time to see lots of reviews and play throughs before deciding to take the plunge ourselves. Which means that those of us who aren't planning to be early adopters (and our numbers are considerable) are still a potential revenue stream via TS3 so it would be silly to cut us off immediately.
    I had kept this thought to myself for at least since last summer anyway. But I guess now is a good time to let it out as any. I had thought: Not another store world. How many more of these things are they going to make? So basically I guess you can say that I was starting to get tried of these store worlds that they keep sending our way. Granted that I do enjoy playing these world. But how much more can a person take? So with that said, I love your going out with a final bang theory. I hope that they do do this with a the best store world as the grand finally for Sims 3. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    But how much more can a person take?

In my case? At least 5. :D
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't think we'll see another world for Sims 3 but if we do get one, I'm sure to buy it. As it stands, the slowdown of Sims 3 Store items has had a twofold effect: (1) I'm spending less money on SimPoints, and (2) I'm enjoying the items that I've purchased in the past but have barely used.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    sunman502 wrote:

ROFL! I'm with you Cinderelli!
    Haunted New Orleans (focusing on voodoo and jazz and blues!)
    A real city world with high rises, neon, elevators!
    Photo Safari Africa with new critters!
    Versailles, a French Rococo world with horse drawn carriages!
    Renaissance Venice with waterways instead of roads and gondolas! And awesome Carnivale clothing and masks!

*le sigh* :cry:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    sunman502 wrote:

It would be nice, but there is such a thing as to much. Lately I have been thinking maybe they should just give us only one world and all the stuff from the other worlds as a download if we want them type of deal. This matter is not just a simple few words, depending on how you look at it. I mean that I am greatful that they have given us all these wonderful worlds. And like I had said, I do enjoy playing these worlds. But what if a person just wants to play one save game, and still enjoy playing with all that neat stuff from all those other worlds? They wouldn't be able to unless they are allowed to do one of two things. The first option is the obvious one and that is edit their sims' world, which they obviously can do now. The second is to just allow the player to send their sims to these other worlds, just to travel and have fun doing so. Without having to play multiple saved games. Now granted that some of us probably wouldn't mind playing multiple saved games. I am also aware that I can move my sim family to any world I choose just by having them pick up their phone, and choose to move to a new town. Then there is the matter of the amount of memory a pc has. Yeah a pc as lots of memory, but they don't have an unlimited amount of memory. So all-in-all, all good things must come to an end at some point. It's all so over whelming, and that's how I started to become sick of all these new worlds. Now I know that I have the option to get these worlds or not. But that's easier said than done, especially when they show you all the wonderful things that come with the world. All this of course is just me speaking my mind in which is what these forums are all about, and of course to seek help when something goes wrong in our game and we get stuck on trying to get out of. I guess that you can say that I'm torn between wanting these new worlds and not wanting these new worlds. :D
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2014
    lisasc360 wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:

I think that they already done that since SimGuruLauren and Smitty is now gone. Here is the link to the article.

SGSmitty left before the layoffs -- her husband got transferred to a new job IIRC. (Maybe she was one of the lucky ones then.) As for the closing of the SLC office, I think that might have been more to streamline functions by getting everyone in closer contact at the main HQ in Redwood Shores; a lot easier and cheaper for folks to work together if they can see each other face to face.

The coding evidently is there for 5 more worlds -- could be they left the option open in case of serious delay in Sims 4. There might be a possibility of one more store world, I think, perhaps sometime this summer; maybe something that's been in the works for a little while. Not guaranteeing, but the potential could be there. :?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    lisasc360 wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:

SGSmitty left before the layoffs -- her husband got transferred to a new job IIRC. (Maybe she was one of the lucky ones then.) As for the closing of the SLC office, I think that might have been more to streamline functions by getting everyone in closer contact at the main HQ in Redwood Shores; a lot easier and cheaper for folks to work together if they can see each other face to face.

The coding evidently is there for 5 more worlds -- could be they left the option open in case of serious delay in Sims 4. There might be a possibility of one more store world, I think, perhaps sometime this summer; maybe something that's been in the works for a little while. Not guaranteeing, but the potential could be there. :?
    Yes it is possible that they had said five more worlds just to give them self some breathing room just in case that 4 is delayed for some reason or another. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:

Renaissance Venice with waterways instead of roads and gondolas! And awesome Carnivale clothing and masks!

Hee hee! Mine would be:

* Victorian London (imagine the rabbitholes and CAS!)

* New Orleans: Old Town & French Quarter (inspired by TS1 Old Town and Magic Town)

* Japan! A modern city contrasted with traditional outskirts.

* India/Cambodia Jungle with lots of ruins to explore

* Greece, very traditional with lots of mythological references. SIMtorini. :D

There are a LOT of other worlds I'd be interested in as well.
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yes, Sant,,I mean Simtorini and Barcelona! :D

I have a question, though. I'm still on 1.63 but did we recieve all the store worlds' terrain paints?
  • Options
    GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited February 2014
    I think we'll get at least one more.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    chopin27 wrote:
    Yes, Sant,,I mean Simtorini and Barcelona! :D

I have a question, though. I'm still on 1.63 but did we recieve all the store worlds' terrain paints?

I'm still on 1.63 as well.
  • Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited February 2014
    I thought a guru already said there might be another world somewhere in in the forums, but I might be wrong. Anyways I'd love to at least get one more world.
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Cinderelli. :-)
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited February 2014
    I think ... only if they deem it is profitable. Right now, things don't look too good. So, I'm guessing we've seen our last world. I would LOVE to be wrong about that.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:

Hee hee! Mine would be:

* Victorian London (imagine the rabbitholes and CAS!)

* New Orleans: Old Town & French Quarter (inspired by TS1 Old Town and Magic Town)

* Japan! A modern city contrasted with traditional outskirts.

* India/Cambodia Jungle with lots of ruins to explore

* Greece, very traditional with lots of mythological references. SIMtorini. :D

There are a LOT of other worlds I'd be interested in as well.

Oh I like your worlds just as well! I'm in! After all, we agree about New Orleans and the rest is gravy! LOL
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited February 2014

I'm thinking if anymore worlds(s) are released it would only one probably...
    Something is giving me the feeling that we're just going to see less and less released in the Sims 3 Store now that we're getting so close to the release of Sims 4. Which is quite alright with me since I'm a completest and will allow me to finish off trying to own the whole store. Unlike a lot of simmers, I'm not moving to Sims 4 and just want to get all Sims 3 items I can (not everything due to missing a lot of pre-order and simpoint bonuses).

If we do get another world...
    I only hope that it be something completely different than anything we've already seen. Personally, I would like something a little less " themey" than the latest worlds released (although I do love those worlds, I feel a bit limited when building in those worlds myself).