Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hair

I really hope that the Sims 4 has more curly and wavy hair. Playing the Sims 3 earlier I noticed that almost all of the hair styles have straight hair. The males deserve some more hairstyles too!
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2014
    vampirekim wrote:
    I really hope that the Sims 4 has more curly and wavy hair. Playing the Sims 3 earlier I noticed that almost all of the hair styles have straight hair. The males deserve some more hairstyles too!

I have noticed the basegames in all three seem to have the hair styles of what is popular at the time they started developing the bases.

If you notice TS2 looks like all the guys no matter the EPs have a lot of the 'Friends' TV series' hairstyle for guys in game. I can just about pick out every hairstyle in any old TV rerun for TS2 and TS3.

But then about three years later those styles are old and we don't get much updated styles more popular today. I'm just glad I don't see Justin B's 1970's Bobby Sherman hairstyle in my TS3. :mrgreen:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    cheapcheapbirdiecheapcheapbirdie Posts: 397 New Member
    edited February 2014
    :mrgreen:Glad someone made this forum topic! I have more of an issue with the hair from EA than I wish to say. :roll: But the short version is that I'm sick of not having pretty natural hair for ethnic sims. I have really long pretty ringlet curls in rl and would love to have more than BRAIDS to show that my sim is ethnic. I think it's sad and pretty rude. What about texture? What about volume? :-(
    PS...OT... hi Cinnebar..I've been reading, not really posting on the forums for quite some time, and found that every time I run into one that you're posting on it turns interesting. I love the input you give. You are honest no matter who or what. I sent a FR to you, hope you accept. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    :mrgreen:Glad someone made this forum topic! I have more of an issue with the hair from EA than I wish to say. :roll: But the short version is that I'm sick of not having pretty natural hair for ethnic sims. I have really long pretty ringlet curls in rl and would love to have more than BRAIDS to show that my sim is ethnic. I think it's sad and pretty rude. What about texture? What about volume? :-(
    PS...OT... hi Cinnebar..I've been reading, not really posting on the forums for quite some time, and found that every time I run into one that you're posting on it turns interesting. I love the input you give. You are honest no matter who or what. I sent a FR to you, hope you accept. :)

Well, thankyou, I'm just me and don't put on 'airs' for anyone. :lol:
    I type the way I talk. It's something I admired in Mark Twain's books, if they said 'cuz for 'because' then he wrote it that way. I feel if I want to be myself online then I might as well type it the way it is said around here. And yes, I will befriend you!

But but somedays my hands get ahead of my head and I make lots of mistakes, and turn around the words, or say things backwards, it's a memory thing..cognitive thingy with me. :lol:

And speaking of Justin B. just look up Bobby Sherman if you don't know who he was, been there done it, Justin B., his hairstyle is from the seventies. :wink:

Oh, and I like your avatar's hair it's great, wish we could get some nice styles in the game. But yeah, the hairstyles in the base game seem to be three or four years out of date by the time any new base is released. Already old styles.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    dancerREHdancerREH Posts: 370 New Member
    edited February 2014
    ya I have curly hair and I can't make a sim look like me because of it
    its thick and curly and until I got expansion packs there wasn't a single curly hairstyle I could choose from
    not everyone burns their hair straight
    and natural hair without straightening is hardly ever like the hair from the sims 3
  • Options
    vampirekimvampirekim Posts: 190 Member
    edited February 2014
    Cinebar wrote:

I have noticed the basegames in all three seem to have the hair styles of what is popular at the time they started developing the bases.

Makes sense! :)
    But the short version is that I'm sick of not having pretty natural hair for ethnic sims.

I agree!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited February 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    [...]But yeah, the hairstyles in the base game seem to be three or four years out of date by the time any new base is released. Already old styles.
    Considering the game is usually being worked on three to four years before release you can hardly expect the base to ship with currently trending hairstyles from the time of release. The only way that would be possible were if EA had a time machine and I don't think even they have managed that yet.
    I'd be perfectly happy with a nice selection of general, none-ugly hairstyles to begin with thank you, regardless of if they are currently "in fashion" or not.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cinebar wrote:

Well, thankyou, I'm just me and don't put on 'airs' for anyone. :lol:
    I type the way I talk. It's something I admired in Mark Twain's books, if they said 'cuz for 'because' then he wrote it that way. I feel if I want to be myself online then I might as well type it the way it is said around here. And yes, I will befriend you!

But but somedays my hands get ahead of my head and I make lots of mistakes, and turn around the words, or say things backwards, it's a memory thing..cognitive thingy with me. :lol:

And speaking of Justin B. just look up Bobby Sherman if you don't know who he was, been there done it, Justin B., his hairstyle is from the seventies. :wink:

Oh, and I like your avatar's hair it's great, wish we could get some nice styles in the game. But yeah, the hairstyles in the base game seem to be three or four years out of date by the time any new base is released. Already old styles.

I have that same "cognitive thingy". Mine is called getting old, though. :P They say 30 ( or so :wink: ) is the new 20, but uh, I think I missed out on that.

And the hair..yeah, EA would never be so kind as to add some like that. Thanks for accepting the FR. :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Alistu wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    [...]But yeah, the hairstyles in the base game seem to be three or four years out of date by the time any new base is released. Already old styles.
    Considering the game is usually being worked on three to four years before release you can hardly expect the base to ship with currently trending hairstyles from the time of release. The only way that would be possible were if EA had a time machine and I don't think even they have managed that yet.
    I'd be perfectly happy with a nice selection of general, none-ugly hairstyles to begin with thank you, regardless of if they are currently "in fashion" or not.

But consider they work on the EPs while they work on the actual basegame. I'm pretty sure they do that in all the games. Whatever they don't put in the base can be saved for later for an EP. They never stop working on a game, they just keep going.

Well, then who is popular or what hairstyle is popular about two to three years ago? Justin Bieber is who. :lol: Even though he is grown up now, and has new a 'do, I expect to see his short crop in TS4 or anyone else that was popular about three years ago show up in the first EP. So, the styles are always behind the times. :lol:

And Justin's new do is from the fifties this time, he just can't find his own look can he? Everthing he has done has already come and gone. :lol:

But I agree OP, there isn't enough diversity in the hairstyles, nor the Sims in TS2 or TS3. It's like TS3 is afraid to make a Sim that does have a wider nose, and curlier hair, or a wider brow, nothing bugs me more than to see just a tan Sim with blue eyes and extra thin nostril, that doesn't reflect anyone I know and I don't understand why everyone (don't anyone get on me today) wants all their black Sims to have white attributes. I knew a young man in school who I thought was just beautiful for who he was, and he can't be represented in the Sims, but he wasn't 'tan' nor did he have blue eyes. No, he was very dark, very black, and his curly hair and his deep brown eyes just spoke to you, and it's a real shame the game pumps out Sims that don't represent a sector of the population. But looks more like a mixed race. Not everyone wears dreadlocks. Nor do they have Norse blue eyes or slightly brown skin.

ETA: And while on the subject of more diversity. TS1 wasn't afraid to make Sims that represented populations. One Sim in the magic town is an Indian from India, with turban and all, the snake charmer, and he speaks with an Indian accent from his region. It's funny how much The Sims has become so washed out and politically correct.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'd love more curly and braided hairstyles.

I believe the original reason for not including a lot (or any) curly hairstyles is that they more curls you put in the hair mesh, the higher the polygon count is. This means if a lot of town Simmies have curly hair, your game may slow down because of the high polygon counts. At least this is how I understand it.

Anyway, they still need to do curly hair, because having all-straight hair is very unrealistic, and just plain boring. :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Alistu wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

But consider they work on the EPs while they work on the actual basegame. I'm pretty sure they do that in all the games. Whatever they don't put in the base can be saved for later for an EP. They never stop working on a game, they just keep going.

Well, then who is popular or what hairstyle is popular about two to three years ago? Justin Bieber is who. :lol: Even though he is grown up now, and has new a 'do, I expect to see his short crop in TS4 or anyone else that was popular about three years ago show up in the first EP. So, the styles are always behind the times. :lol:

And Justin's new do is from the fifties this time, he just can't find his own look can he? Everthing he has done has already come and gone. :lol:

But I agree OP, there isn't enough diversity in the hairstyles, nor the Sims in TS2 or TS3. It's like TS3 is afraid to make a Sim that does have a wider nose, and curlier hair, or a wider brow, nothing bugs me more than to see just a tan Sim with blue eyes and extra thin nostril, that doesn't reflect anyone I know and I don't understand why everyone (don't anyone get on me today) wants all their black Sims to have white attributes. I knew a young man in school who I thought was just beautiful for who he was, and he can't be represented in the Sims, but he wasn't 'tan' nor did he have blue eyes. No, he was very dark, very black, and his curly hair and his deep brown eyes just spoke to you, and it's a real shame the game pumps out Sims that don't represent a sector of the population. But looks more like a mixed race. Not everyone wears dreadlocks. Nor do they have Norse blue eyes or slightly brown skin.

ETA: And while on the subject of more diversity. TS1 wasn't afraid to make Sims that represented populations. One Sim in the magic town is an Indian from India, with turban and all, the snake charmer, and he speaks with an Indian accent from his region. It's funny how much The Sims has become so washed out and politically correct.

Wow, Cinebar, couldn't have expressed it better :thumbup: . Except that I will add this... Just go look at the exchange! That says it all. :roll:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Penelope wrote:
    I'd love more curly and braided hairstyles.

I believe the original reason for not including a lot (or any) curly hairstyles is that they more curls you put in the hair mesh, the higher the polygon count is. This means if a lot of town Simmies have curly hair, your game may slow down because of the high polygon counts. At least this is how I understand it.

Anyway, they still need to do curly hair, because having all-straight hair is very unrealistic, and just plain boring. :wink:

If that's the reason, it's pretty lame :thumbdown: . If they can make a bunch of braids, then they can make curls. What world/age are they living in that they see people with not so straight hair only wearing braids or a big afro?? :shock:
    I agree, very boring. BTW, I can't even tell my brown skinned male sims apart in the game other than by their clothes or name. It's just sad.
  • Options
    Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't exactly want more hair, but for it to be higher quality and more diverse as everyone is saying. I am trying to find more CC to suit my sim's needs, but EA should try making more appealing and more ethnic hairstyles, so no one has to do this. Also, more male hair would be great. I hate how 95% of male cc hair looks like it is for a, boy band, thing. I don't like to reuse hairstyles and clothing other sims I have created worn or had, since I like to have different styles of sims :P. But, it has ended up like that all the time (aside from this hair that I overuse and don't feel bad for: http://thed3n.blogspot.com/2013/01/cazys-revival-retextured-for-teen-to.html )
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    "I hate how 95% of male cc hair looks like it is for a, boy band, thing."----as slippy said. I so agree.
  • Options
    TheHellerSweetieTheHellerSweetie Posts: 463 Member
    edited February 2014
    I never really liked the TS3 hair for a reason because they were so bland and made you not want to use them. I'd like it if I didn't have to resort to CC all the time.

I think there should be a nice variety of lengths and textures for hair, and even beards.

I wouldn't mind if a couple of these hairstyles showed up. I like the simplicity and I think they'd be good in game.

FEMALES:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqeGiDD6g3jdNVPVhgJOcszGxo71y5H5BZd9zEd20jx95N1q5X

screen38.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGz0ue_LTZRQ7_PvyjXGT1VOqpefAUKhtcxPQiGf_JK8bQz4cp

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSWMIPNSxD_yFWj8MzikUNaKiW1JIJd87DOYT_VACbMoM51KvB

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgDbhdUN0jvPAhw-DbnIpjBGIrObCT7k3uP_hY50dWIu37zz5IBgOy8lZ5

MALE:

JohnLegend001B_600h.jpg

male_hairstyle1279630804.jpg

MTS_teru_k-981651-NSYu022-detail.jpg

mateox700.jpg

But now it depends on who and how its created :?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    :D Great pics, TheHellerSweetie. The second one is really appealing to me! Without the bangs, and with 3 shades of brown, that's what my hair looks like. I would love to have a sim with that hair. Although when I finger comb mine it looks like my avatar pic I have now... full of body and fun. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited February 2014
    And when they HAVE curls it looks rally weird too.
  • Options
    katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    edited February 2014
    Please give the males long flowing pretty hair. ;-; Longer than shoulder length. This would make me so happy. x3

Since two of my favorite males I want to remake in the sims 4 have long hair. :3

Of course if they only have short hair I suppose I'll live. -sigh- Haha. No i'm kidding! I am completely excited about this game, rather I get it or not.
    Origin account: Vegeta_tales
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited February 2014
    Base game, expect boring hair styles, boring clothes... wait expect terrible hair styles and terrible clothes. lol! Its one thing all 3 games have had so far in base game terrible everyday clothes. A pair of blue jeans and a green tshirt with a crew cut!
  • Options
    RossingOverRossingOver Posts: 37 New Member
    edited February 2014
    vampirekim wrote:

Men could really use more curly styles. Even if they lack actual curls, but are just bushy. Those were my favorite hairs from Sims 2 and 3. Heck, even the first one had bushy hairs I liked.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited February 2014
    More ethnically diverse hairstyles and more LONG hairstyles for both men and women! My hair is to my hip and my husband's is past the middle of his back. If the CC creators can do a decent job of it there's NO excuse for EA continuing to FAIL on this front!

Yes, I have hair issues. LOL
  • Options
    kymber13kymber13 Posts: 274 Member
    edited March 2014
    It sounds weird, but this is a huge concern for me. The Sims 3 hair is really poorly done, and many don't look realistic. When I stopped using cc in my game, I couldn't bear to lose the beautiful cc hairstyles, so I kept the ones that didn't bork my game. And why do all the female clothes and shoes have bows on them?? Would like to see skirts that cover the hoochie and pants that aren't high waters.
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited March 2014
    Honestly I love the hair we have now. I find it more appealing than the sims 3, which I thought was too stringy and shiny, like they sprayed an entire bottle of hair spray on them. Something about the new hair just appeals to me, and I think it really suits the style they went with.

So far my favorite hair style they've shown is the blonde girl in the red dress. (the last sim in my signature.)
  • Options
    Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited March 2014
    Honestly I love the hair we have now. I find it more appealing than the sims 3, which I thought was too stringy and shiny, like they sprayed an entire bottle of hair spray on them. Something about the new hair just appeals to me, and I think it really suits the style they went with.

So far my favorite hair style they've shown is the blonde girl in the red dress. (the last sim in my signature.)

That blonde sim keeps reminding me of Marilyn Monroe, and her hair does look great. I hope her hair comes with the base game, and not one of the overpriced limited editions.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    edited March 2014
    vampirekim wrote:

Agreed.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    edited March 2014
    I never really liked the TS3 hair for a reason because they were so bland and made you not want to use them. I'd like it if I didn't have to resort to CC all the time.

I think there should be a nice variety of lengths and textures for hair, and even beards.

I wouldn't mind if a couple of these hairstyles showed up. I like the simplicity and I think they'd be good in game.

FEMALES:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqeGiDD6g3jdNVPVhgJOcszGxo71y5H5BZd9zEd20jx95N1q5X

screen38.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGz0ue_LTZRQ7_PvyjXGT1VOqpefAUKhtcxPQiGf_JK8bQz4cp

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSWMIPNSxD_yFWj8MzikUNaKiW1JIJd87DOYT_VACbMoM51KvB

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgDbhdUN0jvPAhw-DbnIpjBGIrObCT7k3uP_hY50dWIu37zz5IBgOy8lZ5

MALE:

JohnLegend001B_600h.jpg

male_hairstyle1279630804.jpg

MTS_teru_k-981651-NSYu022-detail.jpg

mateox700.jpg

But now it depends on who and how its created :?

Yes agreed.