Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 and me.

(if there are any grammar mistakes i before hand apologize i am writing in the dark and laying down :p).

So im making this forum about something i love, something im passionate about. The sims.
Back in 2003 at the age of 8 was when i got my first taste of the sims 1 when i got a demo in a KFC kids happy meal. The whole idea of controlling lives and how my little family's lived was an amazing concept for me.

So naturally i brought the game and all its expansions and when sims 2 was released it solidified my love for the series. Thousands of dollars later my bookcase is home to every expansion and stuff pack for sims 1,2 and 3 along with console versions and spin offs.

So last year when sims 4 was announced you could imagine my excitement. Naturally over these past few months i have dug around for the little bits of info and screen shots provided atm about this game. And to be honest it looks amazing. There are a few topics i would like to speak about so i hope you will all have a nice discussion with me!

Here we go!

The top 3 things i hope they change in the sims 4 from previous games.
1.The burrito baby.
I know this is a common complainant but my sims gaming experience is roleplaying and story telling, i love raising family's and enjoy every stage from pregnancy to the kids young adult lives. In the sims 2 i loved the infant stage, simple things like bathing them in the basin and powdering them on the changing table made the game so much more enjoyable for me. You could actually do things mothers and fathers did for their children. I remember being sad they aged up from my little baby's to toddlers :p

But now i find myself skipping the infant stage as soon as possible because im watching a head wrapped in a blanket sit in a crib like a rock for 3 days. There are no bathing options and no fun things to do during infant and even toddler stages. So i hope they bring back baby's like in the sims 2, ditch the blankets EA.

2.The appearance of the game
Its silly to add since they already have but jesus was i hoping it would be revamped, tonnes complain about the cartoon style but the sims 3 was so, so, bright. It was like the contrast was on 100% the characters were always chubby looking and the game just seemed rather ugly to me. Im glad they simplified it and for those that want more detail wait for the CC to kick in :)

3.select transport.
Its a bit bland but i always got annoyed at the fact the school bus and carpool was forced. Maybe i want to select an option for my kid to ride their bike to school with out the bus rocking up? Or drive my kids to school without a bus at my front door honking for an hour when nobodys going to get on it.

Top 3 things im excited about in the sims 4!
(despite ea being hushed about it atm)

1.MULTITASKING!
Finally holy crumbs i have waited for this and prayed for this. Once again i mention my love for small details. Praise you EA this was a great addition.

2.CAS
This create-a-sim looks amazing!
I mean sims 3 cas wasnt to bad but for body types you literally had fat-skinny or limp noodle-buff. Im so glad i can create characters literally of all shapes and sizes hello broad shouldered or curvy women! Guys watch out cause im gunna CAS my dream guy! :p

I also love the fact now not only will a sims hair, eyes or skin colour be genetic but also their body design! "Lily those thighs come from your great, great grandmother,". :p

3.Smoother animation.
Im so glad they got rid of the whole *opens fridge* *stops* *grabs food* *stops* crap
Finally flawless movements and more realistic interactions with Sims and objects, can i get a hallelujah.

And finally speaking on a few topics popping up lately. The sims franchise, i myself do not believe is coming to an end just because a few people got layed off. Its not uncommon and although they were great people to have on board the sims project they weren't the life source for the whole franchise.

And to finish off i totally agree seasons should have been put in the base game but never the less we move on.

So what are your guys, "The top 3 things i hope they change in the sims 4 from previous games." and "Top 3 things im excited about in the sims 4!".

:D

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2014
    1.Multitaksing is a biggy for me. I have to see it to believe it.

I can't imagine it better than the TS2 Sim's ability to multitask in many areas. The comment has been made that 'if they can multitask they will, and if they can't they won't'. I think Grant R. said that one.

Then that leaves me to believe maybe it's not all that much or anymore than what most of us that love TS2 know they already do, just not in TS3 do we see it like we do in TS2.

2. A better AI, again, it's going to have to be more impressive than the brains of a TS2 Sim. Because my little guys walk right around a Sim most of the time and wave to them as they pass by. :lol:

3. What to do? that is a biggy, is it all about goaling or meeting opportunities and achievements, or is the sandbox side of this game really better than the TS2? I don't know, but they are going to have to convince me on that one. I'm not into my Sims meeting a bunch of dead lines, goals, and leveling up as others are. I like to play what I call willy nilly but still be the god of their universe. I don't like to be told if I do this so and so will gain that, or even ask to perform any opportunites. I would rather discover them not be told about them. And or have to decide yes or no, to fulfill or not and or other such game play.

4. I have to add SP, if it is in as much control or lack there of by the broken SP in TS3, I'm not going to like TS4 as much as TS2 either.

I want a certain amount of the characters I make or play to be protected from any major decisions, like babies, woohoo, and marriage or moving out or in with someone etc. If I go to the trouble of placing Sims in the hood/world EA, then that means leave them alone, I have plans for them, and no matter how good the SP may be in TS4 (if improved) I want the option to protect a certain amount of lots or individuals I stick in the hood as even extras from SP. I hope TS4 returns to TS2 style autonomous actions or events. I am the god of their world and I don't like the game playing that deeper side for me. The marriages, the move ins and outs, the groupings, the babies or not, etc. I won't to make those decisions but have some I don't care about be controlled by SP but not the ones important to me no matter if I didn't play them in six months. :lol:

5. Please EA, if not in basegame, please give back the option to choose what house we want to play from the neighborhood view and save game per lot again! Nothing bugs me more about TS3 than having to go through the loading time of the last household I played to swamp households or edit town or whatever. It drives me literally insane. :? I don't always want to load the last family to have to place a tree in my hood, or swamp to a new family...it is extremely annoying to say the very least.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2014
    Top 3, hummmm....

Boy that's hard b/c there is so little I know, so little that is known so far, but what I know I'll list.

1. I saw a "Now" show that showed how the build mode works, that looks very cool, so I can't wait to try that out.

2. I like what I see in the create-a-sim, that too I can't wait to try out.

3. The mere possibility that the game will go back to neighborhoods instead of worlds, rocks my world! lol.

Part of the big draw for me in playing Sims is the community lots and having my Sim interact with neighborhood sims. It doesn't happen in T3, b/c very few sims show up, if they do, they are reading or doing something that feels unapproachable. so I play T2 over 3.

If we are stuck with another open world, then I guess I will have to say the emotions. I am much more interested in what that concept brings to the table compared to the Sims in 3, with their robot behavior. I am excited about the new game. I have it pre-ordered, and look forward to trying it all out.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    dancerREHdancerREH Posts: 370 New Member
    edited February 2014
    1. create a sim
    2. smart sims, specifically being able to go through doorways and up stairs as a group
    honestly every time I have a party it takes half the party for some sims to make it in the house because there's so much door clutter
    3. just that it's new in general! I get bored of the same old things so I'm excited for a game with new worlds, new content, a new look, new everything really
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited February 2014
    1. For me, it's gotta be the town. I just hope it feels like a real, living place this time. And I hope going out on the town is worthwhile; give me a reason to send my Sims away from home and don't force them to come home immediately because they're sleepy or the school bus is forcing them to go home.

2. I would also really appreciate if the flow of time made more sense. It seems like any action, whether brushing teeth or cooking pancakes, takes at least an hour or two of game time. It's super annoying when even the most trivial interactions take forever to finish.

3. Finally, I really hope the Sims' AI leads to more interesting and dynamic gameplay. No more brain dead romantic interactions, no more pointlessly dull quests. Make Sims' interactions with each other varied, interesting, and worthwhile.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited February 2014
    Idk, i gotta play to say.

But for now, what i am intersted in is :

1 - Multi-tasking

2 - Suposely fixed routing

3 - CAS new System

BONUS ROUND -- BONUS ROUND

4 - Return of Aspirations

5 - Return of Rewards

What i want they to change

1 - More Freaking Freewill, enough of mindless robots.

2 - No burrito babies and better atention paid to non YA females, even YA males.

3 - Trow the rabitholes onto HELL !! and gimme open venues, even more for restaurants and grocery store.

4 - Kill the store, i know they may not do this,but, i am just saying what i want they to change.

5 - Make community lots fullfilled with active intersting sims.

6 - Overfill each town with a pack of NPC townies so it keeps more intersting even when the playable residents are busy.

7 - GET RID OF THE STUPID FREAKING MEMORY LEAKS.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited February 2014
    The Top 3, what I Hope for:

1) How They Look! I hate the way the sims 3 look, and want to be able to create better looking sims in the new CAS.

2) I Really hope the whole Story Progression is different. I super miss playing multiple families in one town "save" like in sims 1 and 2. It's the second reason I don't even play sims 3 anymore. For the first reason see #1.

3) hmmmm, not sure what #3 would be. But I would like to be able to create my own new town or neighborhood from scratch, again like sims 2. Offer some BLANK neighborhood terrain/templates with no sims and no buildings. Let me place the sims and buildings!