Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] 100 Baby Challenge Directory [CLOSED]

iButterfreeiButterfree Posts: 2,043 Member
9_zpsc73bd438.png

The purpose of this directory is not only to compile an organized list for easy browsing of the many 100 Baby Challenges available to read, but to also provide the challenges in a categorized manner which allows one to easily find the challenges that most appeal to that reader. There are currently six categories in which challenges are separated into:

1) Commentary- While these challenges may contain trace story elements, their style is centered more on commentary from the creator or their main Sim(s) about what is happening rather than focusing on intricate plots and text-heavy descriptions
2) Story Focused- These challenges contain an overarching storyline that drives on the challenge, and generally include more text, in-depth character development, and drama-centered situations
3) Variations- These challenges are done differently, such as having 10 generations have 10 children each or using a male Sim instead of a female
4) Completed- This category is for those who have finished their challenges, and want to share their hard work and accomplishment with the rest of us to serve as inspiration
5) Hiatus- If a challenge has not been updated after two months with no prior warning/explanation as to the reason for the delay, it will be placed under the Hiatus category. This prevents the other categories from becoming cluttered with challenges that might have been abandoned. If there is still no communication from the original author after six months, it will be moved to the Discarded category. An update at any point will return the challenge to its original category
6) Discarded- Sometimes worlds are lost, the game ruins a challenge, or perhaps the drive to finish has simply faded. Whatever the reason, if you decide you no longer want to update your challenge, but you still want it in the directory for others to read, let me know and it will be moved to the Discarded category. Naturally, if you decide to pick your work up again just provide a link to the newest update and it will be restored to its original category

If you decide you no longer want your challenge in the directory at all, simply let me know in a post and it will be fully removed. For challenges in the Completed, Hiatus, and Discarded categories there will be brackets following the title containing either CO, SF, or V- Commentary, Story Focused, and Variations respectively. This way the challenge is still categorized into its distinctive element.

Please use this form when submitting your challenge for entry into the directory. Please also choose only one category for it to be placed under. I realize some can fit into multiple, but I'll leave it up to you to decide which style you want your challenge to be mainly recognized as. If you believe your challenge does not fit properly into any of the current categories feel free to submit your own idea for an entirely new category, and we will discuss things from there.

:!: For all links, please paste the URL instead of linking it to text as this makes it easier for me to update the list :!:

Title of Challenge:
Link to Challenge: This can be to your blog, a thread here, or wherever else you write your challenge. Make sure it is the link to either your main page, the chapter list, or the first post of the challenge
Author's Name:
Link to Personal Page (Optional): If you want your name to link to your profile page here, your website separate from your challenge, or to anyplace similar please provide it here
Category of Challenge:
Most Recent Update Date: (Not required for brand new challenges)
Link to Most Recent Update (Preferred): This will be linked to the date of your most recent update (Not required for brand new challenges)

I would strongly recommend (to make it easier for me mostly) when your challenge updates to let me know here using this template:

Name of Challenge:
Category:
Date of Update:
Link to Update:

This way your most recent update is available on the front page for others to find, but it also allows me to more properly keep track of challenges that will need to be moved to the Hiatus category. However, it is not required to alert the Directory of every update if you would rather not do so.

In order to standardize the directory and avoid confusion, please provide your dates in the Month/Day format.
mss8gv9
Post edited by iButterfree on

Comments