Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

bring back the strange

in the sims 2 we had a few town options that were very different from each other
my favourite was always strange town
In the sims 3 we didn't have this and the most strange neighbourhood available is probably midnight hallows which I didn't buy because I'm cheep
I hope they have at least 2 town options to start off the sims 4
1 can be the nice normal town that we always get but I'd like the other one to be a bit more weird and show a bit more of the personality that the sims used to have
something for some of their quirkier fans
we're not all pleasant

Comments

• Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited February 2014
    I've always liked the idea of them recreating and expanding Pleasantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville. I liked the stories of the sims in the sims 2 because they were all interconnected and interesting.

If they do make more than one neighborhood, I would hope we have a desert one as one of the choices. I've always liked the desert towns of Strangetown and Lucky Palms, and I'd like a variety of different places to move my sims into from the start.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited February 2014
    Having 2 towns to choose from in base game would be amazing. The 2nd could easily be a cool combination of Stangetown and and Moonlight Falls from Supernatural. If Occults (at least vampires and witches for me) are in, THAT might get me to be an early adopter. Otherwise I'll be waiting for the return of my beloved vamps at the very least before I consider buying.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited February 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Having 2 towns to choose from in base game would be amazing. The 2nd could easily be a cool combination of Stangetown and and Moonlight Falls from Supernatural. If Occults (at least vampires and witches for me) are in, THAT might get me to be an early adopter. Otherwise I'll be waiting for the return of my beloved vamps at the very least before I consider buying.

StrangeTown does not need Moonlight Falls :mrgreen: . It already has DeadTree District (PSP) with vampires,zombies and a werewolf and,of course, ghosts,It is hard to combine StrangeTown with other city because the other versions of TS2 made it a complete city (With CityHall,Hospital,Jain etc) with basically all ocults as possible with a few exceptions.

DeadTree

deadtree_fog_by_vexacuz-d70ccxw.jpg
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited February 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

StrangeTown does not need Moonlight Falls :mrgreen: . It already has DeadTree District (PSP) with vampires,zombies and a werewolf and,of course, ghosts,It is hard to combine StrangeTown with other city because the other versions of TS2 made it a complete city (With CityHall,Hospital,Jain etc) with basically all ocults as possible with a few exceptions.

DeadTree

Well I'm not crazy about desert towns and I really love the look of Moonlight Falls so I'd like another Moonlight Falls-like town... only stranger. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    v12creator wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

DeadTree

Well I'm not crazy about desert towns and I really love the look of Moonlight Falls so I'd like another Moonlight Falls-like town... only stranger. ;)

So i guess they could make MagicTown and StrangeTown as separate Neighborhoods :wink: , i prefer MagicTown to Moonlight when it comes to Magic Florests, maybe they could introduce some elements from SimsMedieval Florest "Outskirt"...at the same time they could make a full StrangeTown with all it Weirdo Glory :D
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited February 2014
    I saw a picture of a Sims 4 town somewhere in the forums, and it was a swampy kind of area, but the building styles reminded me of, Veronaville.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I saw a picture of a Sims 4 town somewhere in the forums, and it was a swampy kind of area, but the building styles reminded me of, Veronaville.

I belive that there are two towns, one in the style of veronaVille and the other that looks like Twinbrook that shows in the trailer.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2014
    DancerREH,

Well, based on one of the videos we're getting a voodoo doll in the base game. Also based on an image of a gaming magazine, it looks like the cow plant will be included as well. Those are two things that are hardly "normal"
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    v12creator wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

DeadTree

AmaraRena,

I'd personally have liked Moonlight Falls to be a big creepier, not necessarily stranger. I was really disappointed that we didn't get any broken or boarded up windows.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2014
    Oh, we deifinetly need a new Strange Town- Desert Town. :mrgreen:

Area 51, or something. Where the Sims work at some sort of government testing site. Not sure what the Sims would be testing or what kind of job it should be, but yeah, strange is the key.

ST is one of my all time favorite towns. Just because it was strange. Only one road in or out...that's kind of creepy within itself especially in the middle of a desert. One road..(o.k. there was one side street with one house.) Remember that old TL story where the power went out and all the cars wouldn't start up etc? The people were stuck in the town because there was only one road out. :twisted:

There was an invisible barrier at the end of the town they couldn't leave their neighborhood. That's the kind of strange town I want to see.

Sims getting abducted not only by aliens but by men in black, maybe to be taken back to the testing place hidden on the map.

Like a secret hobby lot, it's hidden. :P

Never know when they might show up and take your Sim.. :twisted:

Whoever thought up the Curious brothers story and what happens when you load their lot has my admiration because I love that kind of stuff in TS2. The queued up actions that are going to happen as soon as you load the premade. That one story is one of the best in the game.

You didn't have to play it that way, but yeah, the guy being pregnant with an alien (which we don't know why he is even pregnant at first) and the brother getting abducted as soon as you allow him to climb all those stairs and look through the telescope, the flying saucer flying around looking for the one that has crashed, the father of all the alien hybrids living in ST having a birthday party...yea it's pretty cool.

The dad in the army with the two boys that are fighting all the time, where is the mother? You imagine the dad works at Area 51.. :P

Just a few houses in that town, what, maybe ten or less?

It's one of the coolest things EA did and a lot of humor to it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    howahkan319howahkan319 Posts: 213 Member
    edited February 2014
    Cinebar wrote:

Area 51, or something. Where the Sims work at some sort of government testing site. Not sure what the Sims would be testing or what kind of job it should be, but yeah, strange is the key.

ST is one of my all time favorite towns. Just because it was strange. Only one road in or out...that's kind of creepy within itself especially in the middle of a desert. One road..(o.k. there was one side street with one house.) Remember that old TL story where the power went out and all the cars wouldn't start up etc? The people were stuck in the town because there was only one road out. :twisted:

There was an invisible barrier at the end of the town they couldn't leave their neighborhood. That's the kind of strange town I want to see.

Sims getting abducted not only by aliens but by men in black, maybe to be taken back to the testing place hidden on the map.

Whoever thought up the Curious brothers story and what happens when you load their lot has my admiration because I love that kind of stuff in TS2. The queued up actions that are going to happen as soon as you load the premade. That one story is one of the best in the game.

You didn't have to play it that way, but yeah, the guy being pregnant with an alien (which we don't know why he is even pregnant at first) and the brother getting abducted as soon as you allow him to climb all those stairs and look through the telescope, the flying saucer flying around looking for the one that has crashed, the father of all the alien hybrids living in ST having a birthday party...yea it's pretty cool.

The dad in the army with the two boys that are fighting all the time, where is the mother? You imagine the dad works at Area 51.. :P

You forgot the two women who lived on a graveyard filled with the graves of her ex husbands. I thought Olive and Ophelia were the creepiest ones there
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited February 2014
    Sims 3 was my first experience with Sims but Strange Town looks like something I would most definitely be interested in. Mainly, I want interesting characters with good back-stories. Roaring Heights for example has some good stories in it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cinebar wrote:

You forgot the two women who lived on a graveyard filled with the graves of her ex husbands. I thought Olive and Ophelia were the creepiest ones there

Ophelia is the niece of Olive, and history and bio suges that she is a serial killer, plus, Olive's son, Nervous subject dated a girl that was a werewolf and then was kidnaped by Loki Beaker, the mad cientist and died in one of the experiments.

The werewolf girls works in a haunted wild west district (Deadtree) inside StrangeTown, in the very same place.

Ophelia now lives in a meetinghouse haunted by zombies, a religious group that worships bezelbeef labeled as "The Kine" do their activity in a building.

The reporter Lilcon Broadsheet lives in a library.

In the DS version, a Gangster godfather known as Frank Fusilli holds criminal actions with about 3 diferent goon groups, Wille the Town is often invaded by the forcers of the alien Emperor Xizzle.

You think that is all ?

You-Didnt-See-Anything-Madagascar.gif

Alien Invasion,Zombie atacks,Mole people,Robot Rampages,Mummy,Werewolf,Vampires,Bigfoot,Man-in-black,politic,crime,religion, nothing is what it looks like, the only town that was in all versions of Sims2 (Except for mobile) features a new adventure and new histories in each version, a complete city, with cityhall,hospital,jail,grocerystore,bars,library,art gallery,meetinghouse,pawn shop, a farm, a car factory, A Dam, a Nuclear powerplant, an eolic farm and more...much more, there are tons of potential for a re-inclusion of this place.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm a big fan of strange.

But my favourite 'strange' has to be Magic Town. I liked the creepy carnivals and the odd shops.

Moonlight Falls looked very pretty... like parts of Eastern Europe. It wasn't the strangest world though. I think that prize has to go to Isla Paradiso.

Who can forget the ghosts swimming to the dive lots, the Sims walking on water, the threat of kraken and overly violent sharks, the massive and creepy statue...

That place had a feeling of doom...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm a big fan of strange.

But my favourite 'strange' has to be Magic Town. I liked the creepy carnivals and the odd shops.

Moonlight Falls looked very pretty... a bit like parts of Eastern Europe. It wasn't the strangest world though. I think that prize has to go to Isla Paradiso.

Who can forget the ghosts swimming to the dive lots, the Sims walking on water, the threat of kraken and overly violent sharks...

It is still normal near StrangeTown :mrgreen:
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't know, I always felt that Strangetown was trying too hard (or maybe it was the aliens that put me off). Magic Town was the type of strange that I loved. There was a sort of horror/circus thing going on as well as the traditional gothic.

Isla Paradiso was a sort of death-trap paradise. Somewhat unintentional, but creepy nonetheless.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Well, StrangeTown was intentional as the name states, it was creepy and funny, if you like insanity, if you dont,well better avoid it, But the GBA and PSP versions were way more MAD and bigger than the PC version.

I am only saying it was the most Strange of all :), but not everyone like it because of that.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2014
    dancerREH wrote:
    in the sims 2 we had a few town options that were very different from each other
    my favourite was always strange town
    In the sims 3 we didn't have this and the most strange neighbourhood available is probably midnight hallows which I didn't buy because I'm cheep
    I hope they have at least 2 town options to start off the sims 4
    1 can be the nice normal town that we always get but I'd like the other one to be a bit more weird and show a bit more of the personality that the sims used to have
    something for some of their quirkier fans
    we're not all pleasant

HI Dancer! I completely agree! I hope they don't cater to only one style of player again like they did with 3. I like the strange, fun, crazy stuff like we had in the other 2 games. I hope that 3 was merely a reflection of the head of the studio at that time who hated all the magic and fun silly stuff that was The Sims!

ETA: I wrote that before I read through the other posts. All this talk of magic town, which I just loved, has given me the bug to go play the original game. So as I write this I am once again, installing The Complete Sims! Thank you all for the reminder! :lol:

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ideally there should be 3 towns from the start, like in The Sims 2, or more if possible. It was a bad idea just having Sunset Valley and even worse the limited space to build in it. It was too limited in what you could do, and took on this simple, valley town appearance which many people obviously won't find appealing. A dessert (such as Strange Town) or a flatter place (like Pleasantview) would at least allow for some choice.
  • Options
    dancerREHdancerREH Posts: 370 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I almost forgot about magic town from the first sims game :shock:
    I loved the creepy carnival circus themes and everything from that
    now I kind of want that even more than strange town
    I loved strange town and playing out all the characters in different ways
    but I'm a huge fan of creepy circus things like magic town
    so either would be good
    (in my strange town the military general dad in my game got abducted and had twins who got taken by the social worker and were adopted by the alien and his wife with the green lawn and they soon passed away of old age leaving they're human daughter to look after the alien twins)
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited February 2014
    I love Strangetown. It's my absolute favorite of any sims town/neighborhood ever.

And while I would be Thrilled with a remake in sims 4, I have Concerns and worries About HOW the neighborhoods and towns are going to be implemented.

Sims 3 has quite a few neighborhoods I really like FOR the neighborhood look itself, Lunar Lakes, Twinbrook, yeah I Love the Look of Twinbrook, Aurora skies, many of them are great looking.

But I just can't stand how they are implemented in sims 3. Story progression, all the pre-mades, all the "community lots" named "gym" "police station" etc. I can't quite convey How I feel they made it overly complicated, or it just SEEMS overly complicated and downright silly :cry: .

That's O.K. I'm currently playing sims 2 Strangetown, it's still great. I really really want them to go back to their roots in this regard in sims 4. Just let me create a neighborhood with no sims, no houses, let me place my own. "Townies" that show up a la sims 2 style are o.k.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    And to think..that i installed several emulators so i could play every single version of TS2 in my computer....and analyze all versions of StrangeTown..
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    DrinabugDrinabug Posts: 469 Member
    edited February 2014
    I thought everyone knew by now that it was confirmed by EA upon the announcement of the game that the Sims 4 would start off with 3 towns. You can look up 2 of them.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Manatee-Face-bump.gif
    jr73Y.gif