The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Thread - Obsolete as of March 1st - No more posts please!

Comments

• Options
    ObviouSecretObviouSecret Posts: 233 Member
    edited February 2014
    ...and now I feel really awkward, so without further ado:

Request Form (Community Lot)

Username: ObviouSecret

Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank):

Type of lot (Laundromat, club, library, park, etc.): Festival/Country Fair Lot

Which EPs and SPs do you have? All except KPST

If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? Limited

Lot size (dimensions): 64x64 I will be replacing “Seafood Hideaway Fishing Park”

Public restrooms? Yes, but outhouses would work, as well.

Favorite color schemes: Monte Vista and neutral colors schemes

Colors you dislike: Nothing too crazy-bright

Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes

Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? If you deem it necessary

Please list the Store content that can be used: My Blog

Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: You know, every time you ask me this, it cuts just a little deeper… lol

If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Monte Vista

Link to specific building or plan: N/A

Special requirements (subway, parking, registers, etc.)? I’d like this to be a seasonal lot, but if that’s too much work with all the junk in it then no worries. It needs to have a roller coaster, farm animal area (cows and chickens), Harvest stand(s), an eating area (can be a full restaurant, WA food register, or whatever) and lemonade stand(s). A few smaller things I’d like included are a fortune telling arcade machine (from the circus set), the love meter, face painting and pie/hot dog eating from seasons, and gumball machines. Anything else you can think of to fit the theme is fine by me.

Additional instructions? It needs to have an entrance at the road and to the big lot next to it, whether that is an actual entrance or just a big bump in the roller coaster doesn't really matter. If it is possible to make this seasonal, I only need the bare minimum of things for the seasons other then decor. For example: spring would need a dance floor for the spring queen/king or whatever it was and kissing booths; Fall would need a pumpkin patch and bobbing for apples. Summer and winter don’t really need anything special, but they could all benefit from concession stands.

Some other extras that would be neat, but I highly doubt would fit would be things like a tractor ride, archery or hot air balloons. Again, these seem unlikely, but they kind of fit the theme…
  • Options
    DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited February 2014
    Glenkarri: Budget Traditional is a lovely and well proportioned home. Love that picture with the Wild horses running through.

Illusie: I've never seen the show Once Upon a Time in Wonderland but I will say that those Sims look beautiful and interesting.

Calmorezoo: Rainbow's End looks like a very comfortable family home. The Halliwell's are also a very interesting set of witches.

Kaztomp: It IS good to see you back creating again and Congrats on the feature for Sweetwater Vista. It's well deserved.

WrathofCath: Congrats to you as well. Ocean's Rest is a beautiful lot and also well deserving of the feature.

BreeMiles: Hacienda is gorgeous inside and out and fits so well in Monte Vista.

SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hiya D.N.A members,

I placed a request here a while ago, and have run into a bit of a problem..
    While my computer was in the shop getting fixed, I wasn't able to check up on this thread. But now that I have it back, I've found that my request has been claimed by two different builders! I've left a message on both Glenkarri's and Calmorezoo's threads, but thought it would be best to let you guys know here too. I'm really not sure what to do about any of this, so just let me know if you can figure it out hahaha.

Thanks,
    Sam

My apologies about that mix up. I haven't been feeling so well the past few days and so I am very behind on updating the thread. Mix ups will definitely happen more often when the secretary goes MIA. But it seems that things have gotten sorted out and you are in good hands with Glenkarri.
    (In regards to gngrsnp's Tudor Castle build which she posted about on the Store forums page. And thank you for posting it there, I would have missed it otherwise!)

gngrsnp...I don't know what to say. Truly, I don't! I'm absolutely FLOORED by your build for me! Especially as, I went through a very rough period for several months, and wasn't online...And when I came back, I felt too guilty to contact you, because I thought for sure you would have had some questions at the least for me, as the requestor, and I of course, would have never answered them.

In fact, I thought, from lack of contact, that my request would have been at the least, put on hold. But you did it! You DID IT SO AWESOMELY! Beyond awesomely! My God...THE DETAIL!

*Is bouncing in my chair literally right now!*LOL*

OMG, thank you. Thank you SOOO MUCH! You've made a home for my Escalade family, the perfect home for them! I love it, and I've not even gotten it into my game yet! I had unistalled University life, as it never worked right for me, and I think caused some lag in my game...But I see how you used some of the stuff from it in the build (love the look in the throne room!) and so I'm going to reinstall it now!

Going to rec it now, and download as soon as University is redownloaded. Again, thank you. You are an awesome builder, but what's more, truly dedicated to the research and the work involved, and I am honored by your build!

I know that gngrsnp will be happy to see this. You, and anyone else for that matter, should never be afraid to approach us even after a long absence. We understand that real life happens. If we can and if we are really enjoying the project, there are times that a request will be finished without the requester. It's always a good idea to come back and see what became of your request or possibly post a new one.

SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    So, I have another request ready to post, but first I'd like to say this:

To the D.N.A. team,

I've noticed that sometimes my requests seem almost like demands, and for that I apologize. I try to be at least somewhat organized and professional with them to make them easier to understand and I think that may cause them to seem too formal and business-y. This was not my intent at all.

This take-you-for-granted feeling may only be furthered by the fact that I never really post much. Honestly, this is just because I'm not all that interesting. I'm a housewife and I don't really have much to say about me. Also, though I lurk all the time (this being my favorite thread), I'm always worried that my excitement at your builds may come off as either too enthusiastic and creepy or else just insincere. I really don't try to be antisocial, I'm just no good in that awkward acquaintance stage. :-(

So, I realize this may be a strange note, but I'm a very sentimental person and I worry about how I've been presenting myself to you. You all truly are the most talented group of people around and I don't think I'd have nearly as much fun in my game without some of your beautiful builds. I just thought I'd write you guys a little note to make sure that you know that I really, truly to appreciate everything you do for me and for all of us. Never have I met such wonderful people on all of the internet.

Thank you all for everything (including putting up with me!)

-Teal

Let me just say that you have nothing to worry about! Having forms to fill out makes placing requests a bit "business-y" at first. Some of us are able to work with little input from our requesters while some of us get pretty chatty with them in the planning stages. Still we are all a friendly bunch and I would say that the awkward acquaintance stage is over for you. :P Feel free to jump in any time and comment or ask a question about anything you'd like.

The very fact that you thought enough to post this message tells us that you are not taking us for granted and that you do appreciate what's been done for you as well as for others. THANK YOU for posting this. This is why we continue to do the requests and find enjoyment in doing so.
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    princess0384princess0384 Posts: 417 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi DNA Request team members. Quick question for a sims household request you use the sim request for however many people you want in the household?
    IcsaBkL.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for all the new requests.

Thread is up to date!

(I think...I'm going to double check everything, but I believe that I've addressed everything that I should have addressed. If I missed something after being away for the past few days, feel free to redirect my attention to it again.)
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi DNA Request team members. Quick question for a sims household request you use the sim request for however many people you want in the household?

Yes, Just note that you would like the Sims in Household form.
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    princess0384princess0384 Posts: 417 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for the quick reply.

Request Form (Sim) Household

Username: princess0384
    Preferred creator* (if none, leave blank):
    Sub Type (human, vampire, etc.): human
    Skin color: med light
    Hair color: light brown
    Traits: bookworm, genius, Charismatic, workaholic , Star quality
    Favorites: hamburger, pop, black
    Sign: virgo
    Lifetime Wish: star news ancor
    Name desired (optional): Rory Gilmore
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? All
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? KP
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? yes
    Please list the Store content that can be used: any
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: none
    Link to reference pics (optional): https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjcFIZyYB6-YlTWfGCcobaRKwA10-gd0hiHlKE1PkdH5AYF3ZDoQ (headshot) http://i.shoppinglifestyle.com/gallery/2009/08/35_AlexisBledel.jpg (full body)
    http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o681/ally_starr2/Sims 3 screenshots/Screenshot-7_zps6c20734b.jpg (outterwear black please)
    http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o681/ally_starr2/Sims 3 screenshots/Screenshot-4_zps12c24082.jpg (gym black and white)
    http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o681/ally_starr2/Sims 3 screenshots/Screenshot-8_zps0b2b7636.jpg (sleep black)
    http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o681/ally_starr2/Sims 3 screenshots/Swim_zpsafea5510.jpg (swim)

http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o681/ally_starr2/Sims 3 screenshots/Violetprincessformal_zps340560cb.jpg (formal red)

Additional instructions? Based off one of my all time favorite TV shows Gilmore girls. Refer to references pics for outfits ect. Daughter of Lorelai

Request Form (Sim) household

Username: princess0384
    Preferred creator* (if none, leave blank):
    Sub Type (human, vampire, etc.): human
    Skin color: med light
    Hair color: dark brown
    Traits: good sense of humor, flirty, irrespirable, star quality, workaholic, ambitious
    Favorites: Aqua, pop, cookies
    Sign: pieces
    Lifetime Wish: ceo of a mega cooperation
    Name desired (optional): Lorelai Gilmore
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? All
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? KP
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? yes
    Please list the Store content that can be used: any
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: none
    Link to reference pics (optional):
    http://backstage.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341c9cc153ef010535c21a77970b-500wi (headshot)
    http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aoltv.com/media/2010/02/laurengraham.jpg (full body)

Additional instructions? Same outfits as Rory but in blue. (mom of Rory)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    IcsaBkL.png
  • Options
    justbricejustbrice Posts: 356 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks calmorezoo. They look great. Sorry about the mixed up on the Hopeless Romantic and Commitment Issues. I forgot that it's either one. I have a question about the expansion and stuff packs. I see that you used Seasons, Showtime, Into the Future, Movie Stuff, 70's, 80's, and 90's. I don't have those expansion and stuff packs yet. Will I still be able to play this household?
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited February 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Cynth220 wrote:
    Nyah, Cath, where'd you get that Mermaid statue? Did it come with a different expansion? I've never seen it in IP.

It's from Ambitions I think.

Yup, GreenCats is right, it is from Ambitions :-) It's in the buydebug section near the bottom of the page. :D

Glenkarri- Budget Traditional is lovely! Very nice exterior design!

Illusie- Wonderful job on the Scarlet Household! I Love the expressions you created with the poses!

Calmorezoo- Rainbows End is Fabulous! I especially like the study where you MOOed the four desks together. Very cool.

The Halliwell's look wonderful!

Kaztomp- "BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!" on Sweetwater being Featured! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: It's a Gorgeous home! Your decor and wall colorings are really beautiful. I really love the way you MOOed the beds into the counters with the half walls. So clever!

Bree- Hacienda is Absolutely Stunning! The design, landscaping and interiors are all
    incredibly Gorgeous!

Gngrsnp- The Winterhavens are Fabulous! It's nice to know that DLers can now place them in the Fabulous Castle that was created just for them!

All of these Fabulous Creations have been Rec'd :mrgreen:

ObviouSecret- Not too worry. I agree that things said on the internet can be misconstrued. It's hard sometimes to put into words what you mean, without being able to show them through your expressions and tone of voice. I would also like to thank you for your very kind comment for the team! :D

I would like to give a Huge Thank you for the Congratulations and lovely comments to Itguyinsc, Zoo, Flstrider, Gngrsnp, and to Madame Secretary! You guys Rock! :XD:

• Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited February 2014
    :D Lots of amazing work coming out from my talented Team mates and obviously being well received and enjoyed. Great to read :mrgreen:

Thanks to Obvious Secret for her kind note. We all love our work here but it is so nice to have a Reqester come forward with a big thank you, :thumbup: :thumbup: good on you that was very kind.
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited February 2014
    Coming in to see all the creations that everyone made.Awsome is all that i can i have no others words to discribe them all.
  • Options
    ObviouSecretObviouSecret Posts: 233 Member
    edited February 2014
    You all make me feel warm and fuzzy. :D :oops: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KaztompKaztomp Posts: 519 Member
    edited February 2014

To the D.N.A. team,

I've noticed that sometimes my requests seem almost like demands, and for that I apologize. I try to be at least somewhat organized and professional with them to make them easier to understand and I think that may cause them to seem too formal and business-y. This was not my intent at all.

This take-you-for-granted feeling may only be furthered by the fact that I never really post much. Honestly, this is just because I'm not all that interesting. I'm a housewife and I don't really have much to say about me. Also, though I lurk all the time (this being my favorite thread), I'm always worried that my excitement at your builds may come off as either too enthusiastic and creepy or else just insincere. I really don't try to be antisocial, I'm just no good in that awkward acquaintance stage. :-(

So, I realize this may be a strange note, but I'm a very sentimental person and I worry about how I've been presenting myself to you. You all truly are the most talented group of people around and I don't think I'd have nearly as much fun in my game without some of your beautiful builds. I just thought I'd write you guys a little note to make sure that you know that I really, truly to appreciate everything you do for me and for all of us. Never have I met such wonderful people on all of the internet.

-Teal

thank-you-dance.gif
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,913 Member
    edited February 2014
    I would love to claim this one next please

Date: January 28, 2014
    Username: Goth4113
    Page: Old Thread here
    Type: Residential Lot
    Description: Family Friendly Traditional
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

Gorth please Check in here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/698523.page
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,913 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank You all very very much for the very wonderful comments!!! It's means a lot to me!! ObviouSecret you may not have done the build but, you were present the whole time I was building it dear. Without your instruction it may have not even been as beautiful. You do have a heart for detail and I love it... I'm so glad you like it my dear..

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TrE5GU4NxR8/TZSGe5YRJBI/AAAAAAAAAyw/F_lyqNHt6Ww/s1600/DoingTheHappyDance.gif "Width=400"[/img]
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited February 2014
    I got this one guys!!
    Request Form (Sim)
    Username: Wishonmeh05
    Preferred creator* (if none, leave blank): any
    Sub Type (human, vampire, etc.): Human
    Skin color: Light to Medium
    Hair color: Blonde or Light Brown
    Traits: Surprise me!
    Favorites: Food: ANY, Music: Country, Color: Pink or Purple
    Sign: Any
    Lifetime Wish: Surprise me!
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? All EP's, All SP's except KPST
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)?
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? Yes
    Please list the Store content that can be used: Pretty much any (if I don't have it I'll purchase it)
  • Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited February 2014
    Anyone claim the new Valentine's set yet? I have and taken a look at it. SO FREAKING CUTE is all I can say about it.

Which spawned an odd idea: A Valentine-themed house. Call me crazy but I think that would be adorable. I already have a request for a houseboat in and I don't wanna change that but I'd still like to see what anyone interested could come up with, family included.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    All done!

Wishonmeh05! I'm all done.

Here's is Emory Edwards :]

Traits are Artistic, Avant Garde, Diva and Flirty :mrgreen: Her sign is leo and fav food is hamburgers :mrgreen: Hope you like her!

dqnmv7.png

208taxl.png

Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8021259
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    This one next!
    Request Form (Residential Lot)
    Username: Laramoonlily
    Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank):
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): Victorian
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? All EPs. SPs I have all except 70s, 80s, 90s and Sweet treats
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? Limited
    Lot size (dimensions): 40x40
    Number of bedrooms: 5
    Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms (gender, age, etc.)? 1 master, 2 gender neutral nursery, 1 male child and 1 female child
    Number of bathrooms: 2-3
    Favorite color schemes: I prefer bright colors however I would be fine with any
    Colors you dislike: none
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes please
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? None
    Please list the Store content that can be used: Edwardian Expression kitchen collection and the free stuff.
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Sunset valley
    Link to specific house or plan: none
    Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? I would like a pool and maybe a hot tub if there is room.
    Additional instructions? If there is room, a room for pets would be awesome! Laundry room would also be great if possible. Really just want a nice family home :)
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited February 2014

To the D.N.A. team,

-Teal

First, THANK YOU! A sincere note of appreciation can never be wrong and WE APPRECIATE YOU, TOO!

And don't feel awkward. I'm pretty sure Ruthy thought I was a stalker when I first posted on her wall because I was (and still AM) a huge fan. Who would have thought she is as awesome a person as she is a builder?

I am well aware that I GUSH about the creations of my teammates, but I don't even worry about that any more because, honestly, THEY DESERVE IT! I am SUCH a fan of my teammates and feel so fortunate to be on the same team as some of my all-time favorite builders in Sims.

I look at the new builds (and Sims and pets) that my teammates put out and know they are worthy of gushing praise!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited February 2014

SweetTartTori your request is finished :!:

Beachside Modern (NO CC)

Download Link

Modern 3 bedroom, 2 bath Beach House.
    Built on lot at 455 Sunnyside Blvd. SSV.
    Features beach access, pool, hot tub, bbq, rooftop entertainment area, boat and car parking, basement laundry and skill room.
    (No CC).

1_zpsb178839f.png

2_zps88ba65b0.png

3_zpsd12f6242.png

4_zpsde6f2101.png

6_zpse6d29a6a.png

7_zps53ec0eb5.png

8_zpscd84852d.png

9_zpsd61b7014.png

10_zpsc289d243.png

11_zps422ed9ff.png

• Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited February 2014
    Claiming...

Date: January 29, 2014
    Username: AshleyDacre
    Page: Old Thread here
    Type: Residential Lot
    Description: Traditional/country/cottage/craftsman
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

Friend request sent 2/14 :D
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,823 Member
    edited February 2014
    Sashraf, wow. When can I move in? Honestly, it is stunning!
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,823 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks everyone {hugs} All your comments are so sweet :)

Nik, your sims looks great! I especially love her daily outfit. You sure work fast!

gngrsnp, I love the family and love the name of the dog. Very cute.

{hugs ObviouSecret}

Dear Secretary, thank you! I must confess...I have never seen Once Upon a Time in Wonderland either! lol

CONGRATS Cath and Kaz for being featured!!

Bree, that is so realistic! I love it!

Cal, the sims are great look-a-likes! Great job! I love hte clothes you choose for them. Nice colours.

Kaz, that looks lovely!

Glenn, that looks very nice! Building with a budget is very challeging.