Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hardly any lag: rebuilt ALL the houses in IP! worked for 14 of us so far ;) 2 negative

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    LadyALadyA Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I moved the two families and deleted their houses, still froze.
    So then I deleted the actual plots (I know that wasn't mentioned but I thought no harm trying) but that didn't make any difference.
    I also turned down rendering which didn't help at all and as everything looked bad I put it back up lol.

So with that my game still freezes. Any other suggestions? My game is up to date and I don't know about others plots on the map as I haven't even gone to them yet.

I wouldn't rate negatively because it isn't anyone's fault that the game lags. :)

:Edit:
    I had moved the Los Amigos and Medina's families and moved their homes, even then deleted the lots. I have read more posts and it seems there is so much more I need to do to try and make this lag free. It seems like such a lot of work for us to play again.

So I was wondering, is it still likely to lag if I save the family and home and restart again?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited May 2014
    LadyA
    Sorry for taking so long to answer, have been working a lot.

One of the ports that is causing me trouble in every game is port pleasant.
    Try placing a nonvisitors allowed boat there.
    Do the same for both the Premium and the Pretty Port: if no sims can visit the lots there's no sims to get stuck there ;)

( you could also try one of them first, I don't know whick one is causing the trouble: I solved it in create a world by placing the plants in the middle, but that is some tricky operation: you have to place them just right. Trial and error.)

The NVA lots are available for your sims to visit, just not other sims.

It might do the trick ;)

Good luck!

@Everyone else: you is the bestest ;) For reminding everyone to save a copy and waking up mashland ;)

Edit:
    If you don't want to go through all the houses in IP to fix them, you could consider replacing them by houses from other towns: I think the Monte vista starter houses look pretty good in IP, so does the Roaring heights starter home ;)

You could also use some of your own old houses to replace the bad ones you removed.

edit 3:
    Merricat
    The cheats mentioned are needed to remove the lock on the ports.
    You did everything right:
    when you enter the cheats you click on the port you want to change:
    in the right part of the window you opened there should be a padlock icon.
    if you click it this will open and then you are allowed to enter buy/build mode.

Again, to both:
    please please report back!

• Options
    kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry to necro this, but I wanted to say thank you and let others know that this stuff helps. At first I thought that you folks were exaggerating but, no, nearly every house has a problem. Every......single.....one. *sigh*

I still have lagging freezing issues in IP but that is because of two things. I am hesitant to bulldoze ports and I have computer issues that is affecting everything I do with this rig, not just Sims3.

Along with making house changes I have installed Overwatch and at least now I have a way to see which ports/lots/and sims have issues.

One thing I wanted to say about the Scott Family, when you move them to a house in town, they really don't have any problems. Moving them helps to "reset" them. Their houseboat though...jeesh. I think it is fairly routable once you clear the "ocean décor" out of it though.

This world has so much potential, it's a crying shame that it doesn't work without all of this effort.

Thank you for the help :)
  • Options
    obsessisimobsessisim Posts: 208 Member
    edited May 2014
    treintrien wrote:
    :!: Edit to highlight two VERY easy fixes:
    Remove the house the medina family lives in.
    Remove the house the Amigos live in.
    You can move the sims in both families to other houses, they are ok. :!:

:!: :!: Do NOT delete these premade simmies! Move them all in other houses, but do NOT DELETE :!: :!:

I am grateful to find any solution since IP had become playable for me on a powerful gaming pc, so discouraging. Curious, why do you so adamantly warn us NOT to delete the families? I will follow the advice of course but I am curious. I am sure there is a very good reason. I wonder if we can request this be stickied?
  • Options
    obsessisimobsessisim Posts: 208 Member
    edited May 2014
    One more thing in the hope of helping someone else. My Sim had come back from the future and then won the lottery, again. Every time this happens, Emit shows up to give her yet ANOTHER Philanthropist award and he cannot seem to get to her home on the other island. To avoid this happening...if your Sim has bought a lottery ticket, stay near the portal or at least somewhere accessible on that same island until Emit shows up.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    obsessisim

According to Amjoye and WritingReg these townies are deepcoded in the game.
    We seemed to be onto something when something is supposed to happen to the Collins in week six, but never reported back. Too bad.

I mentioned the thread (by Amjoye) earlier.
    Happy Simming all!
  • Options
    dollawaydollaway Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I evicted the Medina, Scott, Rubisel and Amigo households to the clipboard and then deleted their houses and their lots. I moved their families to different houses but my game was still extremely laggy/freezing afterwards.

I then evicted everyone who lived in a houseboat to the clipboard, deleted ALL houseboats and their lots (even ones that weren't occupied) then moved those newly evicted families to new homes (placed a few of the Base Game pre-made houses down in empty lots). So far I have only had ONE freezing incident since and it was when my Sim was driving past a port while the speed was at x4 :)

Maybe that will work for somebody else too :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    dollaway:
    I had lost this thread, it was way down, but wanted to answer you:
    I think I had the problems pinned down to these 3 ports:
    premium, pretty and pleasant.
    Isolved the first two by using plants and rock to block the little bit of beach where sims would get stuck.
    Pleasant I put a NVA boat: no visitors no lag.

So far my games are still running great.

I've got two games in IP now: one in week 60 and one in week 42 and they are both still nearly laggless. Every now and then a horse gets stuck on my dutch canalboat coffeeshop, but I guess that's got something to do with a public lot on a boat. Sims will get stuck in the unseasonal park ( in between the seasons it's empty for a day or so), there's a problem with a bench there. I managed to build on the seasonal lots once... but I'm still afraid to mess them up. So the bench stays where it is...

Again, thanks for the help and ideas everyone!
    Happy simming!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top