Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Space, Big Style Contest [CLOSED] DOCUSAT - Please Check In!

Comments

• Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited January 2014
    Count me interested! I'm not sure if I make it. but I'll definitely try!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    DrewRavidaDrewRavida Posts: 335 Member
    edited January 2014
    @ aricarai, could I use the extracted terrain paints from store worlds? Can we also use store world/venue exclusive items like paintings, windows etc.

I'm nearly finished with my entry, and the rules are really challenging, usually I build without a budget, with lots of store items, but this really pushed me to use what the EP items can offer. I now have this new mantra in making houses "Work with what your mama gave you".

BTW, I'm still narrowing down that store item, either the multi tab or the Potted Orchids Divine from Asian Fusion...

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited January 2014
    ErnesaT wrote:
    Great contest idea, lil sis. I would volunteer to judge but I'll (hopefully) be away when the contest ends. I can, however, sponsor 2000 simpoints.

WOWZA :shock: thank you so much, Sis! That's very, very generous of you! :mrgreen:

I hope wherever you are planning to go, it will be warm and tropical 8)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    leep45508 wrote:
    sounds great :D i may just have to enter :D got a few ideas floating around in this noggin of mine

Fabulous, leep! Can't wait to see what you come up with :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    CSIMSIE wrote:
    aricarai wrote:
    ZeChouett wrote:
    This contest sounds really interesting but... :oops: :oops: What is the difference between a Studio House and a Loft House ?

In my eyes, a studio house will only be one level with no bedrooms. The only door that should be in there is one to a bathroom, everything else should be in the same room. A loft house will have a second floor with the bedroom up there, typically open to below, but again, counts as no bedrooms.

I hope this helps!

One more tiny question. So we just don't add bedrooms? In neither type of house? And i was ingame to make this, but i am stupid and didn't understand the following: :lol:

So is the house just one room with kitchen, dining, living and bedroom and an extra room for bathroom or are the houses just houses in which you have skill items? As like a second house?

You're not stupid, m'dear! So basically, if you're doing a studio house - your kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom, and anything else you would want your Sims to do, will all be in one room. The only other room in the house will be a bathroom. Does that make a little more sense?
  • Options
    CSIMSIECSIMSIE Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited January 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    CSIMSIE wrote:
    aricarai wrote:
    ZeChouett wrote:
    This contest sounds really interesting but... :oops: :oops: What is the difference between a Studio House and a Loft House ?

In my eyes, a studio house will only be one level with no bedrooms. The only door that should be in there is one to a bathroom, everything else should be in the same room. A loft house will have a second floor with the bedroom up there, typically open to below, but again, counts as no bedrooms.

I hope this helps!

One more tiny question. So we just don't add bedrooms? In neither type of house? And i was ingame to make this, but i am stupid and didn't understand the following: :lol:

So is the house just one room with kitchen, dining, living and bedroom and an extra room for bathroom or are the houses just houses in which you have skill items? As like a second house?

You're not stupid, m'dear! So basically, if you're doing a studio house - your kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom, and anything else you would want your Sims to do, will all be in one room. The only other room in the house will be a bathroom. Does that make a little more sense?

Excellent! I was just hanging around in the house until i heard this. Now to shoot off into building!
  • Options
    whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like fun. I move house on 8th Feb so hopefully the internet and so on will be sorted in time to enter :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ritaroxy12 wrote:
    I'd love the enter this! Do we have to add a store item or is it optional? :)

Ooh, that's a good question - I'm going to say that as it's part of the entry form and the bit of backstory that your Sim really only wants ONE item from the store, that it is mandatory. So it could be windows, a bed, a cabinet, a light - anything really! But only one, but this one item could be used multiple times if you wish. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Lebanna wrote:
    Count me interested! I'm not sure if I make it. but I'll definitely try!

Awesome - I shall put your name down on the list, m'dear! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    DrewRavida wrote:
    @ aricarai, could I use the extracted terrain paints from store worlds? Can we also use store world/venue exclusive items like paintings, windows etc.

I'm nearly finished with my entry, and the rules are really challenging, usually I build without a budget, with lots of store items, but this really pushed me to use what the EP items can offer. I now have this new mantra in making houses "Work with what your mama gave you".

BTW, I'm still narrowing down that store item, either the multi tab or the Potted Orchids Divine from Asian Fusion...

I've just popped out of game to come and answer questions and let me tell you, I'm finding building this really, really challenging as well. I'm just like you as I find it hard to stick to budgets and not use store content. You may only use ONE store item from the whole Store, this includes world exclusive items, venue items - so choose carefully! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like fun. I move house on 8th Feb so hopefully the internet and so on will be sorted in time to enter :mrgreen:

That's great, hon! I'll put you down as interested! Hopefully your move goes smoothly! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks to the lovely, ErnesaT, the prize pool has climbed to 7,000 simpoints! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited January 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:
    What a nice contest! Would you like another judge? :D

Would absolutely love one, GC - thank you! :mrgreen:

Yay! Glad to help :-)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited January 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    Thanks to the lovely, ErnesaT, the prize pool has climbed to 7,000 simpoints! :mrgreen:

That is an awesome prize pool. I suspect this comp will get loads of entries, people seem to really enjoy building small houses. I know I do!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I am already done! It's not much room to fill, so that was easy.

Name/Link to Your Page: CSIMSIE
    Lot name: Small Hall
    Link to Your Lot: Here
    Final Price: 30.128
    Description : This house has everything you need in a house, but but BUT only in one room. There is one separate bathroom but that is because of privacy :D. 1BDR 1BTH, no CC, no CAP.
    Store Item Picked & Why: Wood Fire Oven from Monte Vista because it gives awesome recipes and dishes.
    Pictures:
    roof_up_original.jpgl0wu_original.jpg
    Additional Information: Nothing, to be honest. I first thought a studio house was a house which sims could use as a studio, so that explains the outside.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LilgirlShadowLilgirlShadow Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited January 2014
    I would like to enter this! I haven't been in a contest in a while, or on the forums for that matter either :oops: Please add me to the list :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I would like to enter this! I haven't been in a contest in a while, or on the forums for that matter either :oops: Please add me to the list :mrgreen:

Great to see you hon! I've added you to the list! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @CSIMSIE - Got you rec'd m'dear! :mrgreen:

Entry list updated to here! :D
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited January 2014
    When you say lot size do you mean house size or land size because I can't find any 10x10 land sizes
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ritaroxy12 wrote:
    When you say lot size do you mean house size or land size because I can't find any 10x10 land sizes

Quick tip:

In Edit Town mode (via the (...) menu) you can click the icon that looks like a noteblock with a pen, and place lots manually. Just pick the smallest one (which is 10x10) and place it somewhere in the world.
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited January 2014
    CSIMSIE wrote:
    ritaroxy12 wrote:

Quick tip:

In Edit Town mode (via the (...) menu) you can click the icon that looks like a noteblock with a pen, and place lots manually. Just pick the smallest one (which is 10x10) and place it somewhere in the world.

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    AimForTheHeadAimForTheHead Posts: 805 Member
    edited January 2014
    Please add me to the interested list! :) I was currently in the middle of a new build for myself, but that can always be put on hold ^_^ especially for as neat of a contest as this one :D I've never really built a house on such a small plot before - so this will certainly be a challenge for me. But anything that helps me to gain experience as a builder and have a little fun in the process ;)
    Thanks for hosting, aricarai :)
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    edited January 2014
    This sounds like fun! I never built on such a small lot but it's a great challenge :D
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited January 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    ErnesaT wrote:
    Great contest idea, lil sis. I would volunteer to judge but I'll (hopefully) be away when the contest ends. I can, however, sponsor 2000 simpoints.

WOWZA :shock: thank you so much, Sis! That's very, very generous of you! :mrgreen:

I hope wherever you are planning to go, it will be warm and tropical 8)

You're welcome. I can't wait to see what you get. In fact, I may post one of my own just as a bump. :mrgreen:

As for warm, it better be. I'm supposed to be going to Palm Springs, Cali for a friend's wedding.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited January 2014
    CSIMSIE wrote:
    I am already done! It's not much room to fill, so that was easy.

Name/Link to Your Page: CSIMSIE
    Lot name: Small Hall
    Link to Your Lot: Here
    Description : This house has everything you need in a house, but but BUT only in one room. There is one separate bathroom but that is because of privacy :D. 1BDR 1BTH, no CC, no CAP.
    Store Item Picked & Why: Wood Fire Oven from Monte Vista because it gives awesome recipes and dishes.
    Pictures:

/snip/

Additional Information: Nothing, to be honest. I first thought a studio house was a house which sims could use as a studio, so that explains the outside.

CSimsie, this is really cute.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]