Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Misty Valley - an Aframe chalet by Yanti

yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
Hi guys,

I have always wanted to build an A-frame chalet and I am happy that I shared Misty Valley today. I hope you guys like it. It has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, living room, kitchen/diner, library, laundry room, 4 porches and a hot tub. All comments, downloads and recommendations are appreciated. Here are some pics:

11876266673_83f55bcbfe_z.jpg

11876202265_825d2da33d_z.jpg

11876266683_804d34d919_z.jpg

11876858006_bbf0d651d7_z.jpg

11876857996_e6b09d0d32_z.jpg

11876266773_781c2c34db_z.jpg

11876480574_19515e8c79_z.jpg

11876907936_abb6214fd8_z.jpg

11876480564_4fa8f354ab_z.jpg

11876908066_50a3cf9a2f_z.jpg

11876529524_5c22b7740e_z.jpg

11876529674_98e5feffe3_z.jpg

11876961706_939193daa0_z.jpg

11876961496_1409c2dcf7_z.jpg

11876529774_eb7bd047e4_z.jpg

11876961306_d2db8a9385_z.jpg

11876584764_f70010fb18_z.jpg

11876962166_5cafb306b1_z.jpg

11876584774_825ea96bf8_z.jpg

11876584784_1065eb67f3_z.jpg

11876584914_ea3b56612c_z.jpg

11876470653_88ab746823_z.jpg

11876470973_7b32342b86_z.jpg

11876680344_2d47d3988f_z.jpg

11876680544_d22f09af46_z.jpg

11876680854_f7631c4d8d_z.jpg

Download link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7932184

Slideshow link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11840326@N02/sets/72157639630731534/

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited January 2014
    Misty Valley is a very lovely home! :) Very nice exterior of it! The roofing looks great! It looks very nice how you have done the windows! Great front entrance and front porch areas for sims to enjoy sitting on the chairs relaxing in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior! It looks a very nice warm home for our sims to enjoy living in. Very nice living room. Nice nature themed furnishings you have used there and throughout the home . The leaves pictures and nature photo frames on the walls look nice. Great to have deer heads on the living room walls. Sims will like seeing the plant as they enter the room. . The tree themed bookcase corner and the tree themed standing light looks nice. The vase of flowers on the coffee table is nice for sims to see when relaxing on the sofas there watching tv, listening to the music from the stereo or reading a book from the bookcase. The cuckoo clock on the wall above the tv is a nice touch. Sims will have fun playing shuffleboard whilst other sims are sitting down on the seats. Nice type of fireplace that you have used there to warm the room for the sims. The lamps on the fireplace ledge look nice. Nice pattern on the sofa seats. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen. The texture you have used the counters looks nice. The plates shelves that you have placed on the kitchen walls look homely and nice and it looks great that you placed the pan in between the shelves. Great bar stool counter for sims to sit at and enjoy eating a meal. The fruit bowl on the counter is nice. Great kitchen window area for sims to enjoy having sunlight coming in whilst they are cooking there and also they can look outdoors whilst they are waiting for the food to finish cooking. It looks nice how you have placed the clay pots either side of the plants on the table in front of the window.. Very nice dining area. The flowers on the table are nice for sims to see when enjoying eating a meal at the dining table. The fireplace that you have placed there will warm sims up as they are eating .Nice patterning and colour of the dining seats. The menu board on the wall looks great there. The leafy pattern of the bed in one of the bedrooms looks nice. The leafs on the wall beside the bed and the deer head either side of the banner above the bedhead look great. Great study desk corner nook for sims to use the computer at. Nice type of lights that you have used for the bedroom. The sectional seating near the window looks very comfortable for sims to enjoy relaxing there with the sunlight coming in onto them. Sims will enjoy looking through these window through the day and seeing what is happening outdoors. Nice study library. The study desk alcove area between the 2 wall bookcases is great for sims to use the computer at. Nice window sofa seating for sims to enjoy sitting and reading a book there. The books on the coffee table and the nature themed side wall bookcase looks nice . Nice shade of orange that you have used in the other bedroom. The wall pattern that you have used behind the bed looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the table with a lamp on it between the sofas near the window. Nice furnishing of the bathroom. Great bath/shower alcove. The towels either side of the bath/shower looks great. Very nice nook where you have placed the curtains, mirror and beauty products on the shelf. The branch twisted bed in the other bedroom look nice.
    It is a very nice nature themed warm chalet for our sims to enjoy living in! :)
  • Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow, wow! What an wonderful chalet it is :shock:
    I really love the big A shape and big windows of it . The wood wall and natural furniture fits the chalet perfectly too. All the rooms are beautiful and the earthy colored bathroom looks warm and comfy especially! I always admire how each of your creation is completely different from each other... and all of them are amazing. Left you a big rec :D
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited January 2014
    This came up on my news feed, and I have already rec'd :)
    Can I just say, it is stunning! I love the big open windows at the front, with the new RH curved windows topping it off. The roofs of the side create a great symmetrical feel to the place, and I love how unique it looks! Not seen anything quite like it before, and you've done a really good job. It's almost worth buying the store content and SP's I don't have for it ;) Furnishings look beautiful. I love that One With Nature Set! yup, it's amazing! Well done ~YJ~
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Rose for your thoughtful comments. You are a sweetheart! ((Hugs)) :D
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hello Yanti! Your Chalet is quite lovely! I love the exterior look! It reminds of a house that you would see in Aspen, Colorado. The furniture you selected to decorate is so cozy =) A wonderful build! =)
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    PolysporinPolysporin Posts: 945 Member
    edited January 2014
    Love love love this A Frame. Fantastic job. Just lovely. Looks like a place I would find in Jasper or Banff.
  • Options
    Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited January 2014
    Amazing house! I love the way it looks with snow, and I love the interiors. I really need to get my hands on more of the Waning Moon set. Rec'd.
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited January 2014
    I know I already told you, I just wanted to leave a note here too! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I love the cabin!!!
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi Yanti! WOW i love love this house! :D I have always loved the A frame style houses and always wondered if there was ever enough room in them. lol :) It's so beautifully built, I have already rec'd! :D
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Sierra24Sierra24 Posts: 721 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yay, a new build. This looks gorgeous Yanti. Love the wooden walls and atmosphere. Amazing architect design. Boy, whatta A frame!!! :thumbup: My computer went down yesterday and I'll need to download and reinstall The Sims and all the expansions. I explained what had happened to you on my showcase thread. Can't wait to get everything install and have a real look at this beautiful home dear. Hope you're having a great weekend too!!! :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited January 2014
    WOW
    What a stuning ski lodge type residental.
    Ive rec'd and fav'd
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited January 2014
    Lovely build Yanti. Really unique. The interior decor is perfect. Rec'd.
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited January 2014
    Misty Valley looks amazing in all details, dear Yanti!! :)
    I really like the structure, it looks so impressive, and the gorgeous interiors are perfectly fit to the atmosphere, very cozy and warm, and love all the interior ideas! :) :thumbup:
    Already recommended on the exchange yesterday.
    Have a wonderful weekend! *hugs*
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow - this is beautiful, yanti!
    I love the architecture and I really love the decor. It looks so homey and cozy!
    Rec'd as soon as I saw it :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BornasSimsGamerBornasSimsGamer Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow! That looks simply amazing!! :-o
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    saitouamy wrote:
    Wow, wow! What an wonderful chalet it is :shock:
    I really love the big A shape and big windows of it . The wood wall and natural furniture fits the chalet perfectly too. All the rooms are beautiful and the earthy colored bathroom looks warm and comfy especially! I always admire how each of your creation is completely different from each other... and all of them are amazing. Left you a big rec :D

Thank you dear Amy! You are always so supportive and kind. :D Thank you for the lovely compliment and recommendation. ((Hugs)) :D I try to build different style of homes. I love the challenge and it keeps the building process interesting.
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited January 2014
    Beautiful "A" frame home Yanti! its so mountain-y and cozy and warm! Lovely colors and furnishings and decor throughout. Rec'd!
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hello

:) Saw this the other day but didn't get a chance to reply. It does have a very mountiany feel. Beautiful job.

chari
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited January 2014
    Beautiful architecture and interiors on this one Yanti! It's THE perfect cabin to get away to. :thumbup: :thumbup: Big Rec and Fav!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yay! a Yanti build :D The architecture Wow ! the decor is the perfect mix of rustic and modern just stunning Yanti Rec'd and favoured. :D Hugs Folly
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    YellowJane wrote:
    This came up on my news feed, and I have already rec'd :)
    Can I just say, it is stunning! I love the big open windows at the front, with the new RH curved windows topping it off. The roofs of the side create a great symmetrical feel to the place, and I love how unique it looks! Not seen anything quite like it before, and you've done a really good job. It's almost worth buying the store content and SP's I don't have for it ;) Furnishings look beautiful. I love that One With Nature Set! yup, it's amazing! Well done ~YJ~

Thank you Jane for the generous compliments! I am so glad to hear your enthusiastic comments. Thanks also for recommending. Appreciate it. ((Hugs)) :D
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow Yanti, really gorgeous!

I´ve been wanting an A-chalet forever and I got never quite satisfied with what I´ve done, downloading and recommending yours right now!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited January 2014
    I love the A frame look but it's roomy inside. Great plan. Lovely decorating too.
  • Options
    tkbluebasketballtkbluebasketball Posts: 4,495 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yanti! Hello :) OMG! What a wonderful build you got here! The A Frame looks fantastic. I love your decorating skills. Very wonderful. I love the coziness to it and everything! This reminds me of where I live :) Fantastic Hun and a big Rec'd too!
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited January 2014
    This reminds me of the type of log cabins my uncle builds or was (the company has a new show Timber Kings, my uncle had to sign something when they started filming but I don't think he is in any episodes or anything). But basically luxury log cabins ;D Great job :D