Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I would love "risky wohoo" to be an option in the sims 4

Wouldnt that be great? I think it adds a lot of exitement to the gameplay to not know if Your sim would be pregnant or not.

Comments

• Options
    fabregas22fabregas22 Posts: 369 Member
    edited January 2014
    kiwi84 wrote:
    Wouldnt that be great? I think it adds a lot of exitement to the gameplay to not know if Your sim would be pregnant or not.

But with try for baby there's a random chance to it.... this is just try for baby with a different name.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2014
    kiwi84 wrote:

I think the time has come to up consequences of risky woohoo. I don't think it needs to be an extra option or anything, but if a Sim woohoos I thinks the odds need to be evened to make it possible in the programming the Sim might get preggers. It's not like anyone under YA age can get pregnant in the Sims' games, so I don't see why there can't be a chance the Sim gets pregnant. Keep the 'try for baby' for a planned pregnancy that players want to make happen for their Sim. But yes, add the odds to programming if the Sim woohoos there should be a chance or two they do get pregnant and a risk to the game.

I wouldn't mind this being in the game. Nor would I mind more risks to Sims lives from illness left unattended and or anything else they can think up. Removing risks from 'The Sims' about anything in TS3 is part of it's lack of interest for many.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited January 2014
    fabregas22 wrote:
    kiwi84 wrote:

But with try for baby there's a random chance to it.... this is just try for baby with a different name.

My sims seems to get pregnat everytime i use try for a baby :)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited January 2014
    back in the ts2 days, there was a mod for that. It was so funny! I once had a female romance sim in my neighborhood full of very stuffed shirt type sims who were all married with children. I don't know if any of you remember Gilbert Jacquet (sp) but I love playing him after I give him a couple more active and clean points each.

Anyway, he dropped in to the female's lot one day, and I had her do her thing to get another "notch in her belt" so to speak. Well, she did and the risky woohoo kicked in and Gilbert became the father of a little girl, lol.

It appeared that the mod would always kick in when two romance sims got together, lol. It probably was a coincidence, but that's what happened in my game.

I laughed so hard when I heard those bells ring with Gilbert. It just was so appropriate for the situation and the bad luck of these two sims.

I hope they have that as an option too. I guess if EA is concerned about the "message" it might send, I hope they have it as an option we can turn off and on. That way for those who want to press the "safe woohoo" message, it can still be there. For those of us who want a more "risky" life for our sims, it would be there for us too! :D
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2014
    If you make it a low chance, say 5%, that would be cool. Anything that changes the plans I had for my sim is always good in my book, it feels more likelike.

I remember I had the mod for risky woohoo in TS2 and I was planning to make my sim a doctor but she got pregnant and i had to wait a few more days, by the time I was ready fro her to become a doctor risky woohoo struck again (I think my mod was at 20%) and she was pregnant again, in the end I decided to make her a teacher because she was so good with her kids.

It's emergent game play like that that is missing from TS3.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    I think the time has come to up consequences of risky woohoo. I don't think it needs to be an extra option or anything, but if a Sim woohoos I thinks the odds need to be evened to make it possible in the programming the Sim might get preggers. It's not like anyone under YA age can get pregnant in the Sims' games, so I don't see why there can't be a chance the Sim gets pregnant. Keep the 'try for baby' for a planned pregnancy that players want to make happen for their Sim. But yes, add the odds to programming if the Sim woohoos there should be a chance or two they do get pregnant and a risk to the game.

I wouldn't mind this being in the game. Nor would I mind more risks to Sims lives from illness left unattended and or anything else they can think up. Removing risks from 'The Sims' about anything in TS3 is part of it's lack of interest for many.
    I agree with you. Try for Baby has a fairly high chance of conception. I'd like an option where there was a much smaller chance of conception, maybe only 5 or 10 percent. And please, no pregnancy chime. That is just ridiculous!`
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited January 2014
    It is possible for Sims to become pregnant from woohoo in TS3, it's just a really low chance.

I wouldn't mind there being a higher chance, as long as it wasn't too high. Maybe something like 5%, as others have suggested. It could also vary depending on where they woohoo'd, just like the Try for a Baby option does in TS3; Sims will get pregnant almost every time they "try for a baby" in a bed, while trying in a leaf pile, for example, has a lower chance of them getting pregnant.

• Options
    IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited January 2014
    If the normal woohoo has a pregnancy chance in it, which is what someone suggested, it gives a legitimate reason for abortion clinics. I think that that alone is a good enough reason for risk to not be incorporated into normal woohoo.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    IMeep wrote:
    If the normal woohoo has a pregnancy chance in it, which is what someone suggested, it gives a legitimate reason for abortion clinics. I think that that alone is a good enough reason for risk to not be incorporated into normal woohoo.
    Not really, you just have to live with the consequences of woohoo, it's a good lesson to kids.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited January 2014
    IMeep wrote:

Now how did I know someone was going to make this leap in Sims? :lol: EA would not put an option in for termination of pregnancy. That's too much of a hot button to even speculate.

I can see perhaps adoption but not abortion
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    IMeep wrote:

Now how did I know someone was going to make this leap in Sims? :lol: EA would not put an option in for termination of pregnancy. That's too much of a hot button to even speculate.

I can see perhaps adoption but not abortion
    Exactly, it doesn't stand to reason that abortion would be needed. If you don't want your sim pregnant don't woohoo.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

I agree with you. Try for Baby has a fairly high chance of conception. I'd like an option where there was a much smaller chance of conception, maybe only 5 or 10 percent. And please, no pregnancy chime. That is just ridiculous!`

I think the pregnancy rate in TS2 is pretty good - I haven't played TS3 in awhile so I'm not sure what it was. I do remember it was VERY frequent in TS3 though.

As for the chime, that's something I hope stays so I'm not hitting the command over and over, with no indication that it has been successful. Just letting it be a guessing game or implementing pregnancy tests just seem like an unneeded hassle IMO. If you want a baby in the Sims, you have one. It should be that simple (of course with the rate changed up a bit).

And to whoever suggested abortions in The Sims 4, I think that's just flat out ridiculous.
  • Options
    SpinetabletSpinetablet Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Don't play The Sims if you're using it for your sexual experimentation.
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2014
    No please. I know sims aren't the sharpest tools in the shed but this is even too dumb for them. Plus I want to be in control over my sims pregnancies (my sims hardly ever get pregnant, I hate the baby/toddler/child stages)
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    And please, no pregnancy chime. That is just ridiculous!`

I need that to know if I must keep on trying or not.