Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shall We Begin Starter & Ten Years On....p2

follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
This is a little starter I built during the Christmas break. Because the Exchange is not updating I thought I would give my little starter a chance to be seen. :roll:
linkhttp://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7904650
6318b5c4-d26a-46df-a2b8-854c148f7ff5_zps48a2dd53.jpg

I will post some interior pictures soon. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.
:D Folly

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited January 2014
    Shall we begin Starter is a very nice home. :) It looks nice how you have done the tower. The exterior textures look great. The type of windows that you have used and how you have placed them looks nice. The hedge and wall fencing looks great. I will look forward to seeing the pictures of the interior :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Rose for your lovely comments. I am about to go in game and take some pictures, but I see now that the Exchange is working :D . It took over 3 hours for my little build to show. :shock: Hugs Folly
  • Options
    GreenDream19GreenDream19 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hiya Folly! :D

This is without a doubt the best starter I've ever seen! It's charming and super cute! For under $16K, that's amazing! Gone straight to my favourites and downloading next time I'm in game! :D

A very happy new year to you sweetie! Hope you had a good one! :D
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh my goodness, how clever! And how beautiful! I have no idea how you do it but I swear each of your builds is even more adorable than the last. I love this picturesque little starter with its lovely shape and sun-kissed colours. That pathway up the side looks so inviting!

Would love to see interior pics :-)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited January 2014
    What a beautiful way to start the New Year! :D With a charming Folly cottage! :mrgreen: LOVE the architecture. So adorable! Looking forward to seeing some interior pics. Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Happy New Year dear Folly! Hope you have a fabulous one! Happy simming! ((Hugs)) :D
  • Options
    shanathechoochshanathechooch Posts: 161 Member
    edited January 2014
    So adorable!
  • Options
    mznenepreciousmzneneprecious Posts: 95 Member
    edited January 2014
    This photo has such nice graphics, and makes this house look very pretty. I noticed that the brick fence on the perimeter of the lot is darker and larger than that on the house which is realistic. The wood looks quite antique and weathered on the shingles, stairs, railing and borders giving this house a historic feel. The windows also look gothic and modernly ornate. The architecture looks well thought out and I like the fact that the garden is not overcrowded with plants. The dirt path on the side of the cottage makes a nice walkway for a little stroll through the yard. Lovely House, I will recommend it.
  • Options
    Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited January 2014
    Beautiful exterior, can't wait to see the interior!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Oh! Thank you everyone for your kind words and support I really appreciate it.
    I was just going to upload this little starter and let it do its thing but with the exchange not working properly at the time and it not receiving any uploads so I thought I would share with you all. As always the support and kindness from the people on this forum warms my heart. :D
    Here are some pictures, so hard to take them in a small build. :shock: Hugs Folly

fc54f04b-1c87-472c-b929-bed949d07ee1_zps301e7120.jpg

f981f78d-4c93-4984-809a-df070e902798_zps85090be5.jpg

0ce18ff6-3007-421d-ac03-4b1040b1f5ec_zpsefbab647.jpg

b15a9fb3-fb40-41ea-8b28-c01e5a7e75ec_zpseaa15d54.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The interior of the home is very nice :) Nice patterns that you have used for the walls. It looks nice and homely that you placed the house picture on the wall. The flower in the vase on the dining table is nice for sims to see when eating. The living room looks a nice place to relax and have a read in the armchairs in front of the fireplace. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers along the back edge of the home.
    It is a very nice starter home for sims to move into and start their sims life! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Rose for your very kind feed back :D:D .Have a great day. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Love the patterns you have used inside Folly! It looks so cosy! :D Love the bedroom and the dining area. The back garden looks pretty too! Love the flowers. :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
  • Options
    mznenepreciousmzneneprecious Posts: 95 Member
    edited January 2014
    The interior is very warming, especially the living room, and the patterns your used are very shabby chic.
  • Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi Folly, what a gorgeous starter. I adore the exterior and the interior just as much.

I love what you have done with the interior paneling :) It's so charming :D I love the little dog you have painted underneath the house as well :)
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited January 2014
    WOW! You've provided so much style for a starter. Great work my dear. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited January 2014
    Such a gorgeous little home! I would love to move in! My favorite thing was how cute you made up the bed! I loved the gray and white comforter...cute!!!

Rec'd!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi Yanti :D:D Thank you I am so glad you think it looks cozy. :D I find it hard to get good pictures with such a small build like this.Hugs Folly
    Hi Mzneneprecious.
    Shabby chic is the perfect way to describe the interiors.Thank you so much hugs Folly
    Hi Dear BN :lol: Yes I can not help myself from playing with the terrain paint sometimes. :roll:
    Thank you for your lovely feed back. :D:D
    Hugs Folly
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited January 2014
    How on earth did you manage to make such an amazing house in the starter home price range? :shock:

I am super impressed! It is such a lovely style, and has a lot of charm! I wish I had a house like that :lol:

Wonderful work ^_^ Rec'd!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi Itsy
    Lovely to see you, thank you so much for your kind comments :D I hope you had a wonderful festive season. Hugs Folly
    Hi Taryn
    :D Thank you I really appreciate your kind words and support. :D:D I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Hugs Folly
    Hi XxHannelorexX
    I normally stick to a budget around 18.5k when building a starter and by the time it has been play tested (around 5-7 sim days) and the items upgraded the cost has depreciated.
    Thank you for stopping by and your lovely comments. Hugs Folly :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I thought I would progress this little cottage to what it would look like Ten Years On.
    It has no cc and is now on a 30x30 lot and is unfurnished.I hope you have fun with it. :D Folly
    Link
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7922429

833ab403-572f-40ed-85fd-c9b43d7763e3_zpsb1a417c9.jpg

a38fa5ab-ccf0-4bf3-b11a-1a68eeaf6939_zps2d00d999.jpg
    Thank you for stopping by. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ten Years on is a very nice home. :) It is a great expanded and later version of your starter home. Very nice towers. It looks very nice how you have done the flowers, front pathway and steps up to the front door. It will be a very nice place for simmers to download and furnish for their sims needs and life stories. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    More of Folly cottages! I love that! :D Beautiful architecture. Left you a recommendation and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi Rose
    Thank you so much for your wonderful support and kind comments. :D:D:D
    Hugs Folly
    Thank you dear Yanti :D I had fun with this little build. Lovely to hear from you, I hope your New year got off to a fantastic start. :D Hugs Folly
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited January 2014
    Stunning architechture in your build, folly! I love the mixture of brick and woods. Very nice build :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you YellowJane for your lovely comments. :D:D
    Hugs Folly