Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Festive Picture Competition - complete (winners announced on page 5)

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Blondie019Blondie019 Posts: 1,099 Member
    edited December 2013
    Congrats on winning! :mrgreen:
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited December 2013
    Whew, I'm back! I figure, what better way to celebrate how awesome this is than with some PREMIUM CONTENT sets!

I am having a bit of a CYS/sale predicament though, and can't quite get the math right. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, can I ask for my prize to be delivered in two lots? That way, I can see if the first part finishes the set I want, and then I can divide up the remainder of the prize accordingly. If not, that's absolutely fine, but it would be super helpful to make sure I finish the sets I want.

Since Farm Fresh Folk Set is on sale right now, I think if I get 750/775sp worth of items towards that set, I'll finish it and get the rest, cows included, for free. This is where the math got a little confusing, so I'd greatly appreciate if you can send me these items first.

I'm also pretty close with Country Livin', so I think 200sp worth of pretty things will get me those chickens too. :D

And, if there's any remaining points, I'm putting it towards my Japanese Living/Clothing CYS goal.

So, can I please have items 5 through 13 (inclusive) off my wishlist in the first lot (if you're okay with doing that)? That should include a fireplace, an arm chair, a love seat, curtains, a dresser and four CAS items. That should be 750sp.

Then, I can hopefully get that set free and divide the rest of my prize pool, and I'll make sure to get back to you ASAP with the items I want for the second lot. If that's too much trouble though, which I understand completely, then I'll just take all items 1 through 14 (inclusive) off my list, which should include the Japanese light, the picnic table, two pairs of overalls and the Country Candelabra on top of the above items.

Sorry for being so complicated, but it's not everyday I get the chance to have COWS and CHICKENS in my game. I so want to get this right! :mrgreen:

I hope you can follow along with my crazy logic right now, and that that made sense to you. If not, just ask!

Once again, thank you so much caspinwall for hosting this contest, and thank you to the judges for giving me hope in my Sim-photographing abilities! I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's festive entries; they really have helped bring out the Christmas spirit in me even more than usual (which is no easy task, because I'm festive crazy)! I swear, every time I saw a new entry, I was motivated to do something else Christmas-y to help make sure my Christmas Day is as perfectly festive as possible. My house is well and truly decorated at this stage. :D

EDIT: Because my logic really was crazy and not well organised. I blame sleepy brain! :P
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited December 2013
    No problem and a very good idea to try to use the CYS system!

I've sent you items 5-13, which came to 750 simpoints. Let me know what you'd like with the rest and I'll send those tomorrow. I hope you are able to complete the set!

Also can you let me know if you have any objection to me tweeting your winning entry picture?!

Caspin
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Wow, thank you for being so prompt! I feel terrible that I must've kept you waiting all day. :oops:

But, that did in fact work! With just those items, I got the Farm Fresh Folk set, so my last 250sp are ready to be divided between items 1 through 4 off my list: the picnic table, the two pairs of overalls and the Alchemy End Table.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you! You have been such a fantastic host! :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Done!

Don't worry, you didn't keep my waiting, this is the first chance I've had to look here so it was just fortunate coincidence that you'd posted your wishes. :)

Enjoy your cows and things.

Are you OK with me tweeting your winning entry?
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hopefully xkaylanicolex will check in soon and let me know what she'd like with her 100 simpoint second prize!

:)
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    caspinwall wrote:
    Done!

Don't worry, you didn't keep my waiting, this is the first chance I've had to look here so it was just fortunate coincidence that you'd posted your wishes. :)

Enjoy your cows and things.

Are you OK with me tweeting your winning entry?
    You can absolutely tweet my entry, as long as you give me your handle (is that what they're called?)! I'm kind of terrible with Twitter, but I'm trying to learn, so maybe this is a good opportunity for me! :D

And that's very fortunate about the timing. Believe me, cows, chickens and other pretty things? I'll be enjoying A LOT! I think I might have to start up a new family in Riverview or Appaloosa Plains just so I can have a nice country Christmas! :)
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Still no sign of our second place winner - I'll give her a few more days and then just choose something from her wishlist.

On Twitter I'm @CaspinSim, so if you want to see your winning entry in the twittersphere, it'll be up there later today.

Merry Christmas to all!

Caspin
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited December 2013
    :mrgreen: Congrats Kellycot!

I would like Teen Suburban Nights and A Fella's trenchcoat from my wishlist. :)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=xkaylanicolex
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    :mrgreen: Congrats Kellycot!

I would like Teen Suburban Nights and A Fella's trenchcoat from my wishlist. :)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=xkaylanicolex

All done!

Thanks again everyone and merry Xmas!
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png