Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any World Exported & Installed Successfully With Newest Patch?

I am wondering if with the newest patch and EP, if anyone has exported and installed a world successfully? It seems that when attempted on someone else's game, it is popping up that installation failed because the game is not up-to-date, even though they have the newest EPs and patches too.

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2013
    If they are having problems Crinrict suggests every one also go get the super patch as it seems the game misses some of the update - so I did as Crinrict said and got the super patch and have had no issues at all downloading and playing any worlds since the patch. But without the super patch people go to 1.63 or 1.64 - with the superpatch you go to 1.65 and problems cease pretty much. It does take forever to download that massive patch but it is worth it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi!
    I am all patched (use that patch downloader program, too, to check it) and I exported a world in CAW yesterday and it installed into my game just fine. Have you checked the versions match (google version mismatch CAW)?
  • Options
    SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited November 2013
    Well - it installed into my game too, it was going to a different computer that presented problems. Mine is only patched to 63 - Writin_Reg, do you have a link for the super patch?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I used the link in Crinricts bug thread over in the ITF forum. Let me go see if I can find it again. Be back shortly.

Here is what she said and the link to the super patch for ITF

Reapplying the manual super patch seems to solve a few of the more common tech issue.

The super patch has a different version than the incremental one. Make sure your game is at 1.63.5 and not at 1.63.4 or 1.62 (patch on the DVD)

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/10/patch-1-63.html

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited November 2013
    That'd be great thank you! I just had someone report that she ran the world through the MATY decrapify program and then it installed for her so I am curious to learn what that program does specifically?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Some are saying that but that has it's own issues and can create problems for people who download a world that has been decrapified. Don't forget using that makes Origin see that as stolen as decrapofying removes the security tags - so I never suggest that to anyone. Besides I have seen other issues come up after doing that if any new content is added to the game later or any more fixes or updates. It is just not a good idea - but it is up to you. I added the info you need above in my last post.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I didn't realize that - thank you for letting me know. I certainly won't do that - I will ask if someone is willing to do the super patch since the world installs fine on my computer. Not why it is giving others issues :/ Thank you!
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi SimRealtor, what world is it you are having the problem with?. If its CC free and available I would test installing it on my PC for you if you have a link.
    I am patched to 1.63.5.024.002
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I really appreciate you offering - we got it figured out! I don't know WHAT the issue was, but giving the world a new WPID fixed the issue :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Also I have several of your worlds installed in my game - mostly the updated ones including Evansdale world - expanded version and have had absolutely no issues with any of them. The only one I had an issue with was one you put up a world file for and had no problem installing it or playing for one night - but it would not leave a save that worked. The next day when I would try to play the save was greyed out. So I don't bother downloading any anymore that uses the world file to install. But normal install via the launcher - no issues at all.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited November 2013
    SimRealtor wrote:
    I really appreciate you offering - we got it figured out! I don't know WHAT the issue was, but giving the world a new WPID fixed the issue :)

You are welcome, glad you resolved it :thumbup:
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well I have been going through Storybook and I had some changes I wanted someone to take a look at and that is when we ran into issues! It was the first export since the new patch and so I was concerned that they broke it like when Seasons was released. So I am VERY happy that is not the case!! :)
  • Options
    aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited November 2013
    Had this problem with my world. I manually changed the <MinReqVersion> to 1.63 by unpacking the sims3pack file and editing the included XML. It installed fine then.

I used s3su to unpack and repack :)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/sims3tools/files/s3su/12-0902-1440/s3su_12-0902-1440.exe/download
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I actually installed the expanded version of Evandale after both the Patch and ITF was installed - as I must have missed when you expanded it. Like I said I did come across a few worlds with issues that downloading the superpatch solved completely also. But now that I think about it - another simmer had your same issue that was fixed by changing the Worlds Id as well. In their case they did not have OTF but they did have the patch. So at least you are not alone in bumping into that issue.

Anyway - glad you got it all solved without needing the super patch - it took me like 3 hours to download that thing - but I could see why and became glad I did as I said I do have ITF - and without the super patch there are a few issues that vanish once you have it.

In dreams - I LIVE!