Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mesa Grande (Populated) (1.4 Release)

Comments

• Options
    aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for taking a look! I've got sims imported properly so no save files. :D

Even with just a few households imported the world felt so much better. My sims were visiting eachothers houses and interacting and it just felt awesome! Can't wait to get it done. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The world is populated and almost ready for upload. I just need to test a few more things :-)
  • Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited January 2014
    The world looks so beautiful ... just finished downloading Mesa Grande, though I have one question. The Artwork that is included in the zip file, it goes into Mod/packages? Can not wait to play this world - thank you for sharing your work, and doing a great job!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks! Glad you like it. :-)

The artwork folder is just bonus stuff that doesn't need to be installed.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks! Glad you like it. :-)

The artwork folder is just bonus stuff that doesn't need to be installed.

Oh, ok.

I played Mesa Grande last night for about 5 hours - your world is simply breath-taking beautiful - you've done such a fantastic job creating this world. I love your houses, and the color of the streets really fit with the world's environment, your detail that you have put into Mesa Grande is mind blowing. Evan the street lighting is perfect. I think someone above mention about the "glow" of your street lights was perfect, well that's true! I have all the EP/SP - so I'm sure my sims can go boating and swimming in the huge lake. At least I'm gonna try to get them to swim and to boat. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Really glad you like the world. I put loads of hours into making the world detailed and I'm really glad it didn't go unnoticed.

I tested houseboats and swimming and they work fine in the lake. Sims who visit the beach will get in the water themselves :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    World is now populated. Download link is on the first post!
  • Options
    rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hey,
    I've been playing Mesa Grande for the last few weeks. Other than the added population, are there any differences between 1.2 and 1.3?

Thanks for building it,

Oh yes, I downloaded Bridgewood. It looks beautiful.

Rotata
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    There's a few small changes in 1.3
    Some houses have been made more gender neutral, The color of the night sky has been slightly tweaked and the police and business office rabbit holes have been recolored.

Thanks for downloading my worlds. Glad you like them! :mrgreen:

• Options
    MIss_SophieMIss_Sophie Posts: 107 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Your worlds (both Mesa Grande and Bridgewood) look fabulous. So meticulous and the colors are seamless. Thank you for the quality worlds.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Uploaded the fire station for this world here http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8007646

Requires Ambtions. No CC included.

More to come! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi aaron! I've dl'ed your Mesa Grande and it's really a nice place to live. I love the fact that it is large but there is lots of space there. I love your rabbitholes and I also love your grocery store...the shopping carts out front is a great touch.

I've been playing the better part of the afternoon and I've had absolutely no routing issues which is really nice.

Thanks so much for this wonderful town! :mrgreen:

Just to let you know, I tried to dl the festival lot and there was an error in the dl so it just won't go into my launcher...sorry. I'll try with the fire station.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi Aaron

I'm having issues downloading your Festival Park for Mesa Grande. It will not download into my launcher, I tried in Google Chrome, and Explorer - nothing. Is there another way to download this lot? Thank you :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hey both. Sorry your having trouble with the festival lot. I don't have internet at the moment so I can only use my phone. When I get it back I'll reupload the lot for you. :-)
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited February 2014
    I appreciate that, thanks! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm so excited to play this since I only have the base game and Town Life since it was free until today. I don't have nearly enough patience to make a world myself so thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Okay, I love this world and play it more than any other. It is so customize-able - which is my favorite activity. My husband says I should share some of my creations. Would you mind if I uploaded some of my families which live on your lots? Also, I built a strip center and an arcade. The center is "Mesa Grande Strip Center". Once I'm satisfied with it, may I upload that also? Would you prefer that I change the name?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Awesome I really like seeing what others have done in my worlds so please upload pics!

You can upload whatever you want. No terms and conditions here! :D

On another note I haven't forgotten about reuploading the Festival Grounds so I'll get to that ASAP. I've been hard at work my next world lately. There's more on my blog about that! (cawblog.tumblr.com)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Awesome I really like seeing what others have done in my worlds so please upload pics!

You can upload whatever you want. No terms and conditions here! :D

On another note I haven't forgotten about reuploading the Festival Grounds so I'll get to that ASAP. I've been hard at work my next world lately. There's more on my blog about that! (cawblog.tumblr.com)

Strangetown - cool ... looks really good. Of course I anxious to see more!

Speaking of Mesa Grande, I don't know if it was just a fluke or a glitch on my part - but I notice that I didn't have this issue/glitch when I downloaded your unpopulated MG. When I uninstalled the unpop. MG - and installed the populated version, when I was playing - my schools could not go to school. It told me that school would start in 1 sim hour, and then when that hour came up - it would tell me that school would start in 1 day. So I clicked on the school to send the kids to school - and I got the same message.

So I don't know it's because now the world came populated, and maybe that caused the issue - or it was on my end for some reason, but the kids did go to school in the unpopulated version.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It's coming on really well so far. I've got loads of ideas for the world. :D

Thanks for letting me know about this. I tested all my premade sims for the world and the school seemed to work fine for me. I'll try to find a solution for you though.

Are you having this problem with premades only or sims you add yourself too?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It's coming on really well so far. I've got loads of ideas for the world. :D

Thanks for letting me know about this. I tested all my premade sims for the world and the school seemed to work fine for me. I'll try to find a solution for you though.

Are you having this problem with premades only or sims you add yourself too?

I started out with my sim that I had made - it didn't work. So I thought maybe I'll try one of the pre-made sim that you had made - and it didn't work. I forgot to tell you that I bulldozed the school r/h and replaced it with just another school - no combo. It didn't work. Though your other r/h do work. I'm puzzled.

I've been playing other worlds from other users and had no problems - MG is the only one giving that issue.

Strangtown --- cool glad to hear that - maybe if you need a tester, I'll be happy to help. :wink:

Thanks Aaron for checking on this.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I haven't had any issues sending adults to painting and athletic classes at the school combo, but I haven't played any children. Will switch families to test that functionality.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    rotata wrote:
    I haven't had any issues sending adults to painting and athletic classes at the school combo, but I haven't played any children. Will switch families to test that functionality.

Same here, I haven't had that problem either, my sims can go to painting, and sport classes - but none of the kids can go to school.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Just tested the school. No problems with kids or teens going inside. However, I neglected to add the CC file before starting a new game. Perhaps the problem is a package conflict.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ooops double post - sorry :roll:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top