Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mesa Grande (Populated) (1.4 Release)

aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
Mesa Grande is a small desert town built upon lush green grasses surrounding an oasis. The world contains a number of unique new trees and plants to support the vibrant color scheme and lots of pretty places to explore!

The world includes 20 households with Sims that have skills, relationships and careers.

1.4 Fixes an issue with the School that affected some people.

Because of the way the world is set up I'm not able to upload it to the exchange but you can grab the latest version (1.4) here http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy0ujcbk1sh23rl/Mesa+Grande+1.4.zip

Please replace the DBC file with the new one if you are updating from a previous version of the world.

The world requires the base game with patch 1.63 and includes CC in a single DBC File

All CC has been made by me and has been fully tested.

Custom content includes

.Roof Patterns
.Rabbit Holes
.World Objects (Fences, Rocks & Distant Terrain)
.Plants & Trees
.Terrain Paintbrushes

eAWiUzu.png

Festival lot (Seasons Req)(CC Free) http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7789770

Fire Station (Ambitions Req)(CC Free) http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8007646

Junkyard (Ambitions Req)(CC Free) http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8010309

Consignment Store (Ambitions Req)(CC Free) http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8010317

Laundromat (Ambitions Req)(CC Free) http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8011242

Salon (Ambitions Req)(CC Free) http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8011244

For more updates & info on this world, visit my blog at http://ARGamingBlog.tumblr.com/

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

6Dow3yo.png

vxeb97x.png

uif3jZc.png

1UFcRhy.png

DFnmqmV.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited October 2013
    Any info about this world such as what expansion is needed?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Just the base game.
  • Options
    jjc190jjc190 Posts: 8
    edited October 2013
    Looks Nice any plans to populate it?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Maybe one day. I had it populated once but the game refused to save the sims relationships. If I could fix that I'd love to do it :-)
  • Options
    xXPetraGirlXxxXPetraGirlXx Posts: 189 Member
    edited October 2013
    The terrain painting looks pretty. I can't wait to play this world in my game. Thank you very much for sharing your world with us. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi :D

It looks beautiful! I love the terrain painting and the trees along the river- such a peaceful looking town. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited October 2013

I'm currently working on turning the big park into a festival lot for seasons owners so expect to see it on my page soon!

Also, would anyone be interested in a pack containing just the new plants and trees I've made?
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi!
    I'm so excited you finished. I've been looking forward to seeing it done. It would be great populated!

I'm interested in the plants you made. Are they default recolors/retextures, or new? Either way, I'm interested in what you did with the plants, if you'd like to share I'd definitely check it out.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hi aminovas

Glad to see you're excited for my world.

The trees are brand new and don't replace anything in the game. They are also seasons compatible which took days of researching. :lol:

I'll upload a pack later today and post a link here :D
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited October 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    It looks beautiful! I love the terrain painting and the trees along the river- such a peaceful looking town. :thumbup:
    That's what I was going to say. Exactly! It's lovely, Aaron! Thanks for sharing! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    fleurdeprairiefleurdeprairie Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Mesa Grande is a dream. So beautifully detailed and gorgeous. Amazing community lots ( I was in awe at the recolours and edits) And the Houses are beautifully decorated. I cannot even describe my joy right now. I uninstalled my every other worlds upon discovering Mesa Grande. I cannot believe it is a basegame world only.Hats off to you and lucky me! I would recommend NOT populating the world as it can corrupt the file once you upload it to the exchange. I cannot find a flaw with the world,it has beautiful soft lighting,roads that i love so much i could lick them.The houses are aligned perfectly and are just perfect! Mesa Grande runs smoothly,lag free and very fluid on my granny laptop so that's another good thing. Thank you so so so so so much for this gorgeous world. What saddens me is that since you cannot put it on the exchange,not many will discover this gem. My sims are living in Paradise.thank you.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thank's everyone :D

fleurdeprairie Really glad you like my world. Reading your post made my week so thanks!
    I may do a populated version but if I do it will be a separate download and won't be available on the exchange.
    I'm really glad to know the world works on lower end systems too :-)

• Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited November 2013
    Looks good! :thumbup:

Don't use CC but still, well done to you for making a world!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I've started a tumblr detailing what I used to make this world. Could be helpful to CAW Creators :-)

http://cawblog.tumblr.com/

8566d3a7-2b14-418b-94b3-56fa4bacfff6_zps0a95e9ee.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited November 2013
    Absolutely gorgeous, thank you for sharing.

I don't normally download worlds with CC, but, I did download this one, though I haven't as yet installed it. I'll have to wait until I patch first.
    I did want to ask though, is the Silver Steel Roof included in the sims3pack your CC as well?
    Just checking :)
    I love CC, and do use it in my game, but I'm very discerning in what I download and as yet, have never had a monster sim due to badly created CC. I just like to check things before installing.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi. Yes everything in the zip is made by me and has been tested for months.
    I'm not a fan of CC but I wanted to make the world stand out. :-)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited November 2013
    Well I think you've done that anyway, even without any CC. Your world looks beautiful from the pictures.

Thank you for letting me know about the roof. I always check items that are attached inside sims3packs. Just to be on the safe side. 95% of my custom items are build mode items, and I like extra roofing :)
    I do appreciate the inclusion of the trees in .package, they look terrific!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited November 2013
    Great job on this world, it looks fantastic. I'm going to check it out sometime this weekend. This looks like a good replacement world for AP. Your version looks much better than the one by EA. Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wonderful world! I was wondering what you inspiration was, did you use a particular region or city?
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    ThomsonJamieThomsonJamie Posts: 392 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Amazing world Aaron ! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Originally there was no inspiration and I just made a plain desert map without grass. Eventually I added grass and discovered a place called Sedona in arizona which became the inspiration for it all :-)
  • Options
    GnjburgessGnjburgess Posts: 400 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Hey! First I would like to say the town is beautiful! I will be using it for my Generations Let's Play! (And I will credit you and post a link to where I got the world of course)

And thank you for building a festival lot for it, because I cannot make them for the life of me :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Gnjburgess. I'd appreciate that.

Totally forgot about the festival lot. It's done but I havent uploaded it yet :lol:
  • Options
    GnjburgessGnjburgess Posts: 400 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks! I have made some edits like adding Ambitions lots and changing some hangouts to bars. For only using base game items, it turned out great! I was so shocked while touring some of them because they are so good!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Cool I'd really like to see what you did with the world :-)
    Trying to build a world with basegame items is a challenge because you basically have to fill the houses with the same objects again and again and it can be a pain making them unique.
    Thanks, Really glad you like my world! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top