Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question regarding EIG (Edit In Game) and editing lots in CAW

Evening fellow Simmers. This might be a dumb question, but I won't know unless I ask...

So I've been dabbling with CAW and am currently trying to create a neighborhood that has all of the rabbitholes/community lots and best features of all of the Sims 3 expansions. I created the first four lots without a problem and created but did no editing of the fifth lot before going to bed with the intention of picking up where I let off the next day. However, each time when I go into Edit In Game Mode, it keeps jumping to the second to last lot I worked on instead. When I'm back in CAW, I keep selecting the lot that I want to work on, it even looks like I've selected the right one as it's outlined in green while the others are outlined in yellow, but it keeps going to the previous lot when in EIG mode. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? :?:

Comments

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi CasaNova 85

You are doing nothing wrong, EIG allways point the last lot you placed in CAW, you just have to go to World Editor just as in game play and pick the lot you want to build in, but you have to know that each time that you save in EIG it will save all the lots from the first to the last, and it takes more and more time to load and to save with each lot you add, and makes multiple chance to an error to happen.

It is much time saving to install your world in game even if you have not finished CAW work, and build your buildings in this building versión of your world, and save them to the bin, then you will find them there to place on its locations in CAW EIG and you will not have to save from there more than a couple of times.

Then back in CAW you finish your work, and delete the ingame building versión you installed and install the finished one for testing, may be you will need several versions to test it till everything is ok, but it is the way CAW is.

Hope this help you.

Have a good time simmers
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2013
    I would like to add to what junceda said in her post.... I find it much easier to do my lot building in game than to use EIG unless I am placing EA lots or lots I already have saved in my bin and only need to add minor details such as a tree or different wallpaper. this gives me the opportunity to test the world as well. I usually will have all the terrain and roadwork already placed with the empty lots and export the world to my "caw working" sims folder (i have several version of the my documents/sims 3 folder for this reason)I usually have no issues by using this method until tonight and am finding trees in the basement a first for me. usually though I like working this way much better, but this is just one of many opinions about working with EIG.
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg