Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JETSET - A SIMS 3 INTERACTIVE MURDER MYSTERY *WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE?! FINALE + CLUES!!! \(^_^)/*

Comments

• Options
    zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited November 2013
    yes and no.

Since this is based off a board game, are we supposed to know what the last people did?
    It seemed like it on the rules, but I can't find that info in my e-mail or on this thread...unless I missed it.

also...I think I should wait for my partner to get back to be right?
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm not seeing strategic aspects of this.
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,657 Member
    edited November 2013
    Um. I don't mean to insult either of you... but there is a strategic side to this... AND the entire show.

You cant just jump around randomly and just obliviously hope Vul will be there. Think about what Vul would do. Where Vul would go and how we should get there or where we should go that isn't a waste.
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,725 Member
    edited November 2013
    Nerdy and Jake moved to 2.

And all these strategic layers make it really interesting to watch... and also give the murderer diversal ways to mess it up :twisted:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    well...I moved because i still haven't heard from my partner.
    ff1pc0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Where did you move then?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    well I e-mailed it to you but 5
    ff1pc0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    zefiewings wrote:
    well I e-mailed it to you but 5

Got it! (slow email receive on mobile phones :x) So now Turner and GirlYouCrayCrayX are playing.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So now Turner and GirlYouCrayCrayX are playing.

Are you there? :?:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    TurnerSims3TurnerSims3 Posts: 12,123 Member
    edited November 2013

Yeah, sorry. :oops:
    I'm confused though. So we do email our move to you? Alright, emailing you now... What if my partner doesn't respond? I just decide where we go?
  • Options
    edited November 2013

I'm confused though. So we do email our move to you? Alright, emailing you now... What if my partner doesn't respond? I just decide where we go?

The email-thing is dropped, it's actually played on the forums now :mrgreen: However, if I receive the answer in mail, I can put it on the forums.

And indeed, if she doesn't answer, you can just make decisions by yourself.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    TurnerSims3TurnerSims3 Posts: 12,123 Member
    edited November 2013

The email-thing is dropped, it's actually played on the forums now :mrgreen: However, if I receive the answer in mail, I can put it on the forums.

And indeed, if she doesn't answer, you can just make decisions by yourself.

Well, I'll just go for the both of us since it's been a few days.
    We'll move via taxi to 23. :-)
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    edited November 2013
    Right, I think its mine and Smarties turn next, I have'nt heard from Smarties yet so i'm gunna make the first move and Smarties you can chose on our next go if you want. :wink: Were gunna move by Taxi to number 18 please Vul. :mrgreen:
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Jetset+Banner.jpg

Thornton A. Worthman has invited his best friends and family on a cruise to the Simaican Isles to celebrate his 100th million Simoleon! What he doesn’t realize is, that some of them think he doesn’t deserve that. One of them is even capable of… Murder…

After the horrible deed, suspicions rise on board of Luxury’s Lap. People are trying to figure out who did it, while others don’t really care about that. Arguments, even fights will happen.

And meanwhile, the murderer is making a track of more and more victims… But who?

GAMEPLAY

Each of the unfortunate Sims on Luxury’s Lap will be played by a Simmer on the forums. Whatever happens to the real-life players will affect what happens to the Sim. They will play Challenges to earn Clues to discover the identity of the murderer among them. That murderer will try to sabotage these, to prevent his or her identity being revealed. After the challenge, the murderer will pick one of the others on board to be his or her next victim. That person will be out of the game. This will continue until just a few Sims are still alive.

CHALLENGES

Every Challenge will be some kind of game, in which the players will have to reach a goal to earn the clue to the murderer’s identity. Obviously, the murderer will try to sabotage these Challenges, to prevent these Clues leaking.
    Above that, the clues will often be dependent on the murderer’s result after the Challenge, so it’s not clear whether the Clue’s earned or not.
    Eventual earned Clues will usually appear in the next episode.

EXEMPTIONS

Yes, there will be Exemptions. These are immunity for being Nominated, so when you earn one, you'll be safe for being killed. However, in contrary to some other shows, Exemptions will be rare, and it might even be a possibility NOBODY will receive a certain Exemption.

NOMINATIONS

After the Challenge, the murderer will inform me about the players who could be a threat to his or her goal to remain undetected and Nominate them. The reasons can vary, from that person being too close to the murderer’s identity to players who are doing too well on the Challenges, or any other reason he or she may have. Everybody who’s still alive can be Nominated. The players who are not Nominated are safe, while the others are in risk of getting murdered…

THE TEST

The Nominated players will do the Test; a quiz with questions about the murderer’s identity. The player(s) who answer the most questions correctly will be immune to being murdered. The others… Well, their fate is depending on the killers mercy…

THE MURDER

The identity of the player(s) who were saved by the Test are only announced to the murderer. He or she will pick who of the others is the next victim of the murderer. Whoever will die is revealed in the next episode…

NUMBER LIST
    At the sign-ups, the players each picked 5 random numbers, ranging from 1 to 12, to decide their character. Whoever got what number has been decided this way: The first (favorite) number is the number the player would get. If that number was picked already, the player would get the second number instead, and so on.
    The logic behind which character was matched with what number is simple: It's ranked alphabetical on the characters' last names. So finally here's the list of the players with their characters.

1 = Nerdy3000 = Playing as Tom Lee Casby
    2 = Zefiewings = Playing as Janett Dean
    3 = GirlyouCrayCrayX = Playing as Lawrence Dean
    4 = Smarties101 = Playing as Bianca Giacometti
    5 = HayloHusky = Playing as Diana Jones
    6 = Empty Spot = Min Hee Ni
    7 = Skelda = Playing as Rudolph Peatman
    8 = Empty Spot = Captain Stubing
    9 = Twiddle3 = Playing as Katja Tuinman
    10 = TurnerSims3 = Playing as Ayden Van Gould
    11 = AswieeC = Playing as Odessa Wolff
    12 = Jake (x_MG_x) = Playing as Vincent Worthman

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE TIME TO PLAY, IT’S REALLY SAD TO HAVE SOMEBODY QUITTING!!!

EPISODES

- 1 │ http://jetsetsims3.blogspot.nl/2013/10/episode-1-welcome-on-board.html
    - 2 │ ???
    - 3 │ ???
    - 4 │ ???
    - 5 │ ???

WARNING!!! READING AFTER THIS POINT MAY GIVE UNWANTED SPOILERS!!!!!
    CONTINUEING IS AT OWN RISK!!!

The+Cast.jpg

Player list
    HayloHusky playing as Diana Jones - The woman with the blue shirt
    TurnerSims3 playing as Ayden Van Gould - The grumpy pale guy
    AswieeC playing as Odessa Wolff - The girl with the short dress
    Nobody playing as Captain Stubing - The bearded captain
    Nobody playing as Min Hee Ni - The lovely Chinese woman
    Nerdy3000 playing as Tom Lee Casby - The dark guy with the tattoos
    GirlYouCrayCrayX playing as Lawrence Dean - The neurotic in the suit
    x_MG_x playing as Vincent Worthman - The bald slob
    Zefiewings playing as Janett Dean - The evil-looking woman
    Skelda playing as Rudolph Peatman - The cook hidden behind that evil woman
    Smarties101 playing as Bianca Giacometti - The blonde snobby woman
    Twiddle3 playing as Katja Tuinman - The bored-looking brownhaired woman

CURRENT CHALLENGE: MISSING M13

City+Map.png

This is the city map. Everybody of you starts on a certain spot in the city.

I actually sent a table to you via mail, but we'll skip that part. Everybodies current position / number of used points is:

Nerdy and Jake: 2 / 1
    Zefie and AswieeC: 5 / 1
    GirlYouCrayCray and Turner: 23 / 1
    Smarties and Twiddle: 18 / 1
    Haylo and Skelda: 32
    Me: Unknown...

It's your job to end up the spot where I'm currently on. Of course I'm not just waiting on you to catch me, I'm moving around the city, and you do too:

To move: let's say for example somebody's in position 20. That person's got 3 options to move:

Taxi: move via a yellow line (in this case you can go to 19, 21, 29 & 31). Costs are 1 point. Taxies can bring you anywhere in the city. However, you won't be moving fast, which can be bad if your assistance is needed quickly.
    Bus: Move via a green line (to 13, 27 and 30). This costs 5 points. Busses are quicker, but also more expensive than taxies.
    Underground: Move via a red line (to 2 and 15). Costs: 10 points. Really expensive, but you can move quickly to another part of the city.

If you move, add the costs to move to the total of the points you've used and note the new spot you're on. You can't spend more than 30 points in total. If you've over 20 points, the underground is forbidden to use. The same for the bus when over 25. If you've reached 30, you'll stay the rest of the game on the spot you've ended. (I can never go to that spot again, since you're still on it)

If player A just posts a random move, and partner player B disagrees, the move won't be undone. Moves can only be undone in 1 hour by the player who made it, if the next duo hasn't moved yet. This rule can lead to some interesting situations and opportunities to sabotage :twisted:

If you catch me before everybody runs out of points, I'll hide a clue to the murderer's identity somewhere...

Any more questions? Ask them.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Check-check. :wink:

Now only Haylo and Skelda are playing before my grand first move

:twisted: MWUHAHAHAHAHAH :twisted:
    o, sorry, excuse me :mrgreen:

Edit: Typo correction :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Banner.png
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,657 Member
    edited November 2013
    Skelda :3
    Do we talk here or email?

Eh doesn't matter.
    I think Vul will be nearer to the centre so if we get around that area we'll eventually catch him XD :lol:

So my idea is to get to 30? or maybe 33.
    30 we can move to 20 which will allow us to move faster to different areas of the map.

So my idea is 30.
    Skelda?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    HayloHusky wrote:

Eh doesn't matter.
    I think Vul will be nearer to the centre so if we get around that area we'll eventually catch him XD :lol:

30 we can move to 20 which will allow us to move faster to different areas of the map.

So my idea is 30.
    Skelda?

Duo discussions can be done both here so the group knows your way of thinking and on email, to talk about more secret stuff. However, for the biggest chance of success, discussions of a whole plan of all the duos together can be discussed here too!
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    this challenge at least I am thinking we should all do together... this was based on a cooperative board game so we may not have a chance otherwise...

and the clue will still be hidden so its not like we have to share the clue if we find it and don't want to...
    ff1pc0.jpg
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    edited November 2013
    HayloHusky wrote:

Eh doesn't matter.

So my idea is 30.
    Skelda?

I think 30 looks good. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    That makes it 30 then :)

Seems like they're coming for me... But I'm not gonna let them catch me like I'm an innocent little lamb. Luckily I've got an accomplice in their ranks. Lets hope he/she will help me with my mission to not get caught. And I'm sure that taxi over there will help me out... :twisted:

I have officially moved. Nerdy, Jake it looks like your second turn has begun.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited November 2013
    Me and Nerdy would like to go Spot 11.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Yup, got it! Zefie and AswieeC, you're playing now!
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    has anyone seen AswieeC around? I don't want to keep making decisions without her but I also don't want to keep holding the game up... :?
    ff1pc0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    zefiewings wrote:
    has anyone seen AswieeC around? I don't want to keep making decisions without her but I also don't want to keep holding the game up... :?

Hmm, I think I'm gonna keep track of her and GirlYouCrayCrayXs post counts, so I know if they're active at all...

AswieeC: 25
    GirlYouCrayCray: 118

If these numbers improve that means they have posted on the forums SOMEWHERE...
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Alright, I guess I'll just say 4. :?
    ff1pc0.jpg