Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Imaginary Friend Contest! Closed - Winner has been announced!

Comments

• Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited October 2013
    Everyone could use at least one imaginary friend in their lives! Love the ones you all have shared so far! :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited October 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Patterns is a great imaginary friend orkhid22 :) Great photos of him having pillow fights with Arkansas first in doll form then as a teenager. His blue hair looks good. Great to see photos of his family and read what the children inherited from him. Both Patterns and his son Colorado look as if they enjoy being outdoors, Patterns on the surf board and Colorado on a snow board.

Rosemow,

yes Patterns is a great IF. I had such a great time playing him, I turned real another doll for Arkansas' first son (Patterns is not the father of him) Connecticut. Now he and Cosmo (the IF) have a little daughter. Not sure yet if she can turn into toy form as she is a toddler.

The heir for my 3rd generation is going to marry a genie. Trying to marry the heir to an occult each generation.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    Blondie019Blondie019 Posts: 1,099 Member
    edited November 2013
    Can I add my vampire from the Best Vampire Contest? Right now she is just a toddler but last time I played with that family I saved the game then aged her up into a child and she could turn into doll form because her dad is an Imaginary Friend. If I'm not aloud then you can tell me and I'll find a different Imaginary Friend. :)
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited November 2013
    Rules Reminder:

We LOVE seeing your whole story with all the great photos you've taken, BUT you are limited to FIVE photos in your entry post.

If you want to show more than five photos in order to really tell about your entry, that is fine but you need to make your own thread to do that.

If you already put too many photos in, no problem, just fix it before the voting.

FIX IT THIS WAY:
    1. Make a thread with all your story or description for your entry with as many photos as you desire.

2. Edit your entry post on this thread so that we have five photos that give a glimpse into your entry Sim's personality and what makes him or her special. Include the link to your thread that has the Sim's complete description and/or story with all the photos.

We have the five-photo rule because too many photos in a single post can break a thread and we don't want to risk our contest thread breaking. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    LOVE the new entries in this contest!

ONE MORE WEEK TO ENTER YOUR FAVORITE IMAGINARY FRIEND!!!
    oow785m
  • Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited November 2013
    Blondie019 wrote:
    Can I add my vampire from the Best Vampire Contest? Right now she is just a toddler but last time I played with that family I saved the game then aged her up into a child and she could turn into doll form because her dad is an Imaginary Friend. If I'm not aloud then you can tell me and I'll find a different Imaginary Friend. :)
    Hi Blondie,

This is a very good question. I would say if you could find a different Imaginary Friend, that would be ideal, since you already submitted this Sim in the Best Vampire Contest. Thank you for asking, and I hope you'll enter!

-Jess
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    orkhid22 wrote:
    Here are my entry.

Patterns State. Favorite color green. Here he is pillowfighting with his best friend Arkansas

Patterns was turned real in late adolescence by Arkansas

After aging up to YA, Patterns went to Bridgeport to celebrate. His favorite thing to do is dance. He's great at it.

Now Pattern's is in late adulthood. Surfing at the community pool

Pattern's married Arkansas and they now have two children

California who unfortunately only got his hair color and eyes, not the ability to turn into toy form

and Colorado who has his father's eyes and can turn into toy form

Father and son playing together

Hi, orkhid22! Thank you for your entry! In order for it to qualify for this contest, you need to make sure you only post 3-5 photos; it looks like you currently have 7. Can you remove a couple of them from your entry post?

Thank you!

Jess
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    LESS THAN A WEEK LEFT TO ENTER!

Come to our Party Invitation thread to learn about fun party activities (like voting for this contest) and party games with NICE prizes!!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/721189.page
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi Blondie,

This is a very good question. I would say if you could find a different Imaginary Friend, that would be ideal, since you already submitted this Sim in the Best Vampire Contest. Thank you for asking, and I hope you'll enter!

-Jess

Kay Thanks. :D
    I created a new game with the same family but Emmy is pregnant again and when she has the baby I'm going to submit him or her when it reaches child stage and hopefully the baby will be like it's sister a vampire/imaginary friend hybrid. :mrgreen:
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited November 2013
    Ok, admit it already. You have an imaginary friend! So why not share with us? Enter now!

300-1-imaginary-friend1-300x297.jpg"width=400"
    oow785m
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have five IFs in my saves, all from the same source family, with four of them in a family I have not yet had time to place in Moonlight Falls and live out the opening of their life. The fifth is actually the IF of my zombie entry, but alas, I have no real shots of him. I can share his appearance, but thats about it. Maybe next time when I have more time.

Screenshot-799_zpsbfc11a70.jpg~original"Width=640"

Hes living in Midnight Hollow with Zommy, Evelyn and Glace, hopefully he'll be an interesting character.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited November 2013
    Great to see the photo of one of your imaginary friends Devalaous :) I hope that you have fun playing the various IF sims in your games.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Devalaous wrote:
    I have five IFs in my saves, all from the same source family, with four of them in a family I have not yet had time to place in Moonlight Falls and live out the opening of their life. The fifth is actually the IF of my zombie entry, but alas, I have no real shots of him. I can share his appearance, but thats about it. Maybe next time when I have more time.

Hes living in Midnight Hollow with Zommy, Evelyn and Glace, hopefully he'll be an interesting character.
    I really appreciate you sharing him with us, anyway! Sounds like you have a pretty cool household--have fun!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Less than 2 days left to enter!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hopefully if the twins are Imaginary Friends then I'll try to add them sometime tomorrow after school. Right now they just aged into toddlers but if I have to I'll age them up again, then take some pictures and share them here. If I forget to add who I'm entering(again) then I'll post it here. The Sim I'm going to enter is named Blaze. Blaze and her (Identical, I'm not sure if they are or not but they look a lot alike, so It's close enough for me) twin sister, Ember are both vampires and when they get to childhood they could possibly be Imaginary friends too like their older sister Katerina. :mrgreen: If neither one of them is an Imaginary Friend then I'll share their Dad Patches. Patches is Emmy's Imaginary Friend, husband, and father of Katerina, Blaze, and Ember. :mrgreen:
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sounds great Blondie! Hope you enter an IF! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Here is a sneak peek!

This is Patches playing with Blaze, Katerina is in the middle hugging her IF and Ember is at the back getting mad at the blocks.
    *I still need to think of a better name for Katerina's Imaginary Friend, right now it's name is Patterns.
    bvpdu.jpg"width=600"
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    My Imaginary Friend!

Unfortunately the twins turned out to be just Vampires. :( So Patches is now going to be my contest entry. :)
    If this little story is horrible I'm sorry It's 3AM and I'm tired. But I hope anyone likes it anyway. :) I'm also sorry it's so long.

When Emmy was a toddler, she and her parents were attacked by what Emmy remembers as 'The dark monster'. Her parents weren't harmed aside from a bump on their heads when 'The dark monster' pushed them into a wall and knocked them out. He could have done worse to them if he wanted to but all he wanted was the girl. After he knocked her parents out he tore at his wrist with very long sharp teeth then forced Emmy to drink his blood. She tried not to but some got down her little throat anyway. When he was satisfied enough went down her throat he closed the wounds on his wrist, then whispered in her ear "Your mine now, I'll be back for you." right before biting her neck, and swallowing some of her blood. (Emmy later found out that when he drank some of her blood right after she drank his blood they became bonded through a blood tie) Then after closing the wounds he made in her neck he snapped it.
    Emmy hurt all over but mostly in the neck, it was sore to the touch. When she opened her eyes she looked over toward where she last saw her parents and they were still there. She went over to them and sat with them till they woke up, and didn't tell anyone what had happened.
    A few weeks after the attack Emmy got a present in the mail from her great-Aunt Bernice. The doll became Emmy's best friend and no one ever saw her without it. When she was a child some of the kids at school were afraid of her because ever since she was attacked, her eyes glowed. It didn't help she was born with a very rare eye colour. One day when Emmy was mixing chemicals with her new mini lab station she created one that could turn Patches real. (By this time she had already found out that when she grows up so does Patches) After she turned him real she proved to everyone she wasn't crazy and was talking to herself. When Emmy and Patches were teens they decided to go to prom together and that's when they started to go steady.
    Patches reached young adulthood first. When Emmy reached young adulthood something strange was happening to her. Red and black smoke started to swirl around her and two of her front teeth started hurting and getting longer. When the smoke disappeared and her teeth stopped hurting she ran to a mirror and screamed. (because as you've already guessed she turned into a vampire) Patches didn't care she was a vampire because he loved her. Soon after Patches popped the question and they got married during the summer. After the honeymoon Emmy found out she was pregnant and 9 months later they had a beautiful baby girl they named Katerina. (I entered Katerina in the best vampire contest) 8 months before Katerina became a toddler Emmy found out she was pregnant again! Now Emmy and Patches are happily living in Monte Vista with Katerina and the twins, Blaze and Ember.
    Pictures: Patches loves Emmy, so when she gets hungry he lets her feed off him.
    k5s6f.jpg"width=600"
    wbnva.jpg"width=600"
    I like this picture I think it's really cute.
    u8nhn.jpg"width=600"
    Left to right: Katerina, Blaze, Ember.
    gg3bw.jpg"width=600"
    Katerina playing chess against Blaze, Ember plays winner.
    nuxk7.jpg"width=600"
    I had a better story in mind but I can't think properly when I'm tired. So I hope this one is okay. :D and It's weird seeing Emmy without the CC hair she has in my original save.
    If you want to add the family to your game you can get it here:
    With CC:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5170377
    I'll try to add a link without CC soon.
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    This contest is now closed for entries! I am updating the entries post now, and in a few minutes we should be ready to start taking votes on the Best Imaginary Friend!

Thanks, everyone!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    To VOTE:
    1. All party guests may vote ONE time in the Best Imaginary Friend Contest.

2. To "attend" the party, come to the PARTY THREAD.

3. Post a greeting in the party thread and that will make you eligible to vote AND eligible for other things, too (hint PRIZES hint).

4. If you are voting in other contests, you only need to sign in to the party ONCE.

5. After signing in at the party, come back to THIS thread to vote.

6. Please give the name of the PERSON you are voting for (not their Imaginary Friend)! Please take care with spelling so that we record your vote correctly.

7. Feel free to vote in ALL contests (even if you entered them as well).

8. You may vote for your own entry if you wish.
  • Options
    leep45508leep45508 Posts: 3,910 Member
    edited November 2013
    i vote Blondie019
  • Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited November 2013
    I vote for Blondie019 :D
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'd like to cast my vote for Blondie019.