Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    ClearaMorphClearaMorph Posts: 263 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure if it's the mods or a bug or both or because they can now actually time travel but my Inventor Sim has not yet given me the want to build a Time Machine yet, and yes, he’s at level 10 in Inventing skill. I'll take said mods out and test just in case. However, I’ve not patched yet, I’m still at 1.57, and I have not installed Movie stuff or into The Future yet. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with for the lack of the Time Machine wish or not. I had wanted to finish my Inventor’s Lifetime Wish before installing them, make a Simbot then onto a Plumbbot.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Apparently it’s not the mod(s) at all, I took it out and he still hasn’t gotten the want, will keep test playing though for a bit, just in case.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited November 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @ZeekSlider: So you're saying it's happening every time or only if the outfit is corrupted ? That work outfit corrupting has been around since they introduced them. They never worked right.

From what I can tell, it has to do with traveling.

If you get a job in the present, travel, and then get a job in the future, you get a corrupted work outfit. If you get a job in the present, travel, but don't get a job in the future, the outfit doesn't get corrupted.

As far as the WooHoo Reset? It happened if my Sims are in their career outfits. Special outfits like the Toga outfit from the University Party Pack don't cause that same reset unless you attempt to WooHoo in a DreamPod. And for some reason, it's only for beds. Every other WooHoo spot I tried doesn't have this reset while my Sims are in their work clothes.
  • Options
    natashaspy55natashaspy55 Posts: 130 Member
    edited November 2013
    Got rid of the pesky genetically engineered baby and started a new game in Isla Paradiso this time so my sims had all the boats. But all the boats were missing from inventory by the time they got to OL. So my issue is similar to dizzydee but a bit different since it is not random. The loss is permanent. Haven't returned home yet so I'll have to see if they reappear in IP.

Still playing this new game so I will check back as I go. Still running into what you already know like inventory coming and going and game lagging even though I clean out all those caches at the end of every time I play.

Oh, there was a new glitch in OL. Clicked on the Find My Sim icon and it kept taking me to the house and the sim was at the Government Center. Tried several times but the icon would not work until I manually got to the Government Center. Then it would find her. Crazy stuff again.

Do you think they will ever get this fixed or might it be like World Adventure where I had to just give up traveling because of all the glitches and potentials for missing sims and huge story mishaps???? This is a fun new world but the amount of glitches is boggling!

You are still ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! :mrgreen: for taking your own time to do this for us, and EA. They need to put you on the payroll. But I am certain you have 36 pages worth of gratitude.
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have one bug to report. If a Jetpack is equipped on a Sim, the game is saved and then loaded, the Sim will be invisible/glitched. Fix this by moving the camera away from Sim, click the Sim's head and change the outfit. I think it affects Jetpacks that were purcahsed in a previous town (I purchased it in Moonlight Falls and didn't replace it when moving to Dragon Valley) similar to the snowboard losing their name and §0 price which was purchased in Moonlight Falls.

I purchased a new jetpack and equipped it, the Sim wasn't glitched after reloading.

I'm not sure if the tread will still be answered but I would like to report this bug.

Edit: I can click on Sims when going to Sims University so the no click bug might only affect older saves. The date issue whe arriving in University is gone but the party invites at 2:30 PM still occur.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    CuteMenaCuteMena Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2013
    Bug Report: My present sim married to a future sim and then used the time portal to go back home. When they arrived he got the want to get married?? But he is already married to his wife..

When I clicked his wife's picture in family relations, it shows he is married to her, but also shows that his wife has no partner.(When that should show his name as her partner) And now when they talk she is now trying to confess to cheating on him. When I know she has never cheated ever.

EDIT: Questions & Update!

:!: Future wife is no longer future Sim she lost her holo phone future Sim status :!:

(Questions answered!)
    1. Are you using mods removed
    2. Are you using custom content no
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? into the future
    4. Which Patch Level are you at ? latest
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New and game made?
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? dvd
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Future and home world?
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have been gone for a while but here are some bugs I experiences. I created a whole list so I can report them all at once. I know you are not updating this thread anymore but maybe the bugs reported will help others.

*Sims who are divorced are not getting the option to propose go steady with Sims who are single and living in houses within the neighborhood. Homeless Sims work okay.

*When save gave was loaded, the avatars were missing. The Sims were present and they were stuck in motion.

*I experienced a pregnancy loop when having a pregnant Sim who was about to give birth take to the hospital another Sim who was pregnant and about to give birth.

*Getting Homebound Studying Opportunity for investigator career when in home world.

*The Case of the Tattooed Thief cannot be completed by the investigator. When trying to complete the case, it disappears. No pay or career progress is given.

*The police physic case cannot be completed. The Sim goes in and walks out the door after it is finished without it being complete.

*Get an unfillable want to sent text messages to babies, toddlers, and children.

*"Birthday Party" for imaginary friend gets stuck in the queue for all Sims in the household. It disappeared after moving the household to a new house.

*When a Sim cancels sculptures they put up for consignment, the sculptures are stuck int he inventory.

*Items put up for consignment don't return if they are unsold. This prevents the consignment register from allowing Sims to put up new items for cosignment or buy items from the consignment shop. The solution is to cancel the items put up for consignment.

*Teen Sims get stuck with the sneak walk style when they age into adults.

*When adding or removing Sims from the household, Sims who are in boarding school return home and can't be sent back. They can't go to normal school either. This causes them to randomly gain traits.

*If you use the option to move some Sims out and then cancel the option, those Sims who you wanted to move out lose all their inventory items.
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited November 2013
    CuteMena wrote:
    Bug Report: My present sim married to a future sim and then used the time portal to go back home. When they arrived he got the want to get married?? But he is already married to his wife..

When I clicked his wife's picture in family relations, it shows he is married to her, but also shows that his wife has no partner.(When that should show his name as her partner) And now when they talk she is now trying to confess to cheating on him. When I know she has never cheated ever.

EDIT: Questions & Update!

:!: Future wife is no longer future Sim she lost her holo phone future Sim status :!:

(Questions answered!)
    1. Are you using mods removed
    2. Are you using custom content no
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? into the future
    4. Which Patch Level are you at ? latest
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New and game made?
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? dvd
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Future and home world?

I have seen reports of doppleganger sims being created of a household in the present and the future when traveling back and forth to the future.

Did you have this problem before or after you removed your mods?
    Which mods were you using before you removed them?

If you aren't against having another mod, you can try getting traveler from nraas to prevent this from happening in future save games.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited November 2013
    I just spent days troubleshooting my Grandpa's Grove REDO lot, because I started experiencing a game-breaking lag issue. I finally narrowed it down to the toddler gate from AS gold (Kinder Keep Away). So that now means every toddler PC item in AS is broken by patch 1.6.3.5/ITF. In addition to the crytal tree from LL.

And who knows how many other things. Be wary of all your PC, if you get a game-breaking lag. I no longer trust any of it, until proven trustworthy.

Here's my thread about it:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/725940.page
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited November 2013
    NRAAS's Overwatch mod corrects the Toddler items. Make sure you have the latest version from his website.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    Bub778Bub778 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2013
    So, I was playing Into the Future, and I noticed the meteor storms carried on from dystopia into utopia, so I thought it was a consequence of changing time, so I repaired the future, thinking it would help. It didn't. So, does anyone have a fix for this glitch, because it is very annoying. So please, is there a fix to this?
  • Options
    Bub778Bub778 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Whenever I play The sims 3 into the future, the meteor showers carry on into other futures from dystopia. I think they are really annoying, so I hope a patch comes out soon. If there is a fix, I would greatly appreciate your help.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2013
    Crin

Some people are reporting that windsurfing is broken since the latest patch.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/726058.page
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited November 2013
    Can't Windsurf in MV or SV.

LaBlue0314 wrote:
    I have noticed the same thing with Sunset Valley. My sim was able to windsurf for a little bit, but very short after that she kept resetting back to shore. I noticed this started up after the latest patch.

My post in World Discussions:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/726058.page

Unfortunately I don't think I tried Windsurfing in either world before ITF or 1.63.

2009 iMac running Win 7 in BootCamp partition. 2.66 Ghz Intel Core i5, 12 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 512 MB.

Mods = NRaas Overwatch, Saver, ErrorTrap. Problem occurs with or without these installed.

And then of course - my boats still go missing whenever I travel. :(
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have had an experience that indicates problems with individual PC objects may be due to a cumulative effect, rather than just one particular glitched object. I explain in some detail in the thread below. This is vital information for anyone trying to troubleshoot their game.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/725986.page
  • Options
    ebidebbyebidebby Posts: 22 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I did some forum searching and Googling but couldn't find anything on my bug, so I'll post it here with what I did. It IS a bug, but I'm going to explain the crashing that led to it.

Patched my game to the most current level 1.63 (not sure which version of that at the moment), installed Island Paradise, then Into the Future. I installed the latest NRass Mods (ErrorTrap, Overwatch, StoryProgression) and played for 2 hours yesterday with only a slight lag. Built a Plumbot, worked on the Plumbot skill, and had a great time.

Today, I started the game and it only worked for about 30 seconds before crashing, so I tried updating my video card drivers (GeForce GTX 560) to the latest version. Still crashed. I uninstalled all my PC, still crashed. I uninstalled the Mods, and it finally worked.

BUT now my Sim can't interact with her Plumbot anymore. When I mouseover him, it says "No Interactions Available". Also, my Plumbot cannot power himself down or tune himself up. He only has the Holophone and Check Social Groups options available for himself. His chips are all still there, and he can still interact with appliances and other objects.

Changing houses and editing the broken Plumbot did not change anything, I think he's a lost cause. I made a new Plumbot and all interactions were available as normal, but we'll see if it lasts.

1. Are you using mods?
    Removed
    2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects)?
    Removed
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch?
    Both
    4. Which Patch Level are you at?
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones?
    New game
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made?
    Made a new Sim in Create A Sim.
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    The Island Paradise EA town.
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7.
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    Download.
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Homeworld.

Also, not sure if this is really a bug, but my Sim keeps trying to sleep when she's not tired, even if she still has the "well-rested" moodlet.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I know this is related to University Life. I think I know what causes the everyday party invites at Sims University. Befriending a Sim in University will trigger it and it can occur with any Sim whatever the Sim is from Frat, Sorority or even the Professor, that Sim will invite you to a party everyday usually on 2:30 PM. This was reported in the University Life bug thread.

I tested this with a Sim who wasn't friends with anyone at Sims University and I did not get a party invite at 2:30 PM.

Also the click bug where you can't click on Sims doesn't happen on newer saves.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    My memory photos keep getting blanked erased out including the seasonal photo postcards.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Add to my above post, that I still don’t see my badges that I have accomplished getting. I thought at first it was because I was not patched up, no that’s not the problem! I’m patched up and accomplished badges are not showing any more like they used to. Also not 100% confirmed but I have not received any gifts, I can’t say with 100% certainty it is a glitch or not, but there are a few friends that do gift backs when I send them something.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    My memory photos keep getting blanked erased out including the seasonal photo postcards.
    I had that too when I went to France after moving to Dragon Valley. I couldn't reproduce the bug so I don't know the exact cause of the glitch.
  • Options
    HappyHaunt1000HappyHaunt1000 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited November 2013
    My plumbots go invisible upon aging to elders. And why the heck do plumbots age up anyway? :?:
    My origin name is AStrangePuppy
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited November 2013
    ebidebby wrote:
    I did some forum searching and Googling but couldn't find anything on my bug, so I'll post it here with what I did. It IS a bug, but I'm going to explain the crashing that led to it.

Also, not sure if this is really a bug, but my Sim keeps trying to sleep when she's not tired, even if she still has the "well-rested" moodlet.

It was most likely the mods that were causing your crashing, as you discovered. Unfortunately, if you do not go through the steps to uninstall them properly, you may experience issues with your saves. If you are using Twallan's mods, he has instructions on his site on how to reset your game before taking the mods out so that nothing gets broken in the process.

As for your sleepy Sim issue, I've had that happen before and it seems to occur with Sims that have late work hours. For some reason Sims want to sleep for a certain period before work, so if you have a Sim that works at like 5 pm or something, and you get them out of bed at 7 am, they want to go back to bed even if they're already well rested. It's silly, I know, but there's your explanation. If your Sim doesn't work odd hours then I have no other answers.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    edited November 2013
    Not sure if this is a bug or not but I think its something that should be corrected regardless.

The household limit for the game is 8 but the game will not let me create or add a plumbot to my household of 7, which I think is ridiculous. Its like the game is reading my household as full at 7 sims (including plumbots)when that isn't the case. I can understand it not letting you add one if you have 8 sims in the household but that isn't the case; for plumbots it cuts you off at 7 and that is irritating.

And no I'm not using one of those NRAAS controller mods; I heard that one wasn't even updated to let plumbots be added when having 8 already in the household.

EDIT:
    Never mind, I figured out what the problem was. Someone can delete this message.
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • Options
    ebidebbyebidebby Posts: 22 New Member
    edited November 2013
    ebidebby wrote:

It was most likely the mods that were causing your crashing, as you discovered. Unfortunately, if you do not go through the steps to uninstall them properly, you may experience issues with your saves. If you are using Twallan's mods, he has instructions on his site on how to reset your game before taking the mods out so that nothing gets broken in the process.

As for your sleepy Sim issue, I've had that happen before and it seems to occur with Sims that have late work hours. For some reason Sims want to sleep for a certain period before work, so if you have a Sim that works at like 5 pm or something, and you get them out of bed at 7 am, they want to go back to bed even if they're already well rested. It's silly, I know, but there's your explanation. If your Sim doesn't work odd hours then I have no other answers.

Thanks for responding. This particular Sim was self-employed, so it must be something completely random. Not a major issue.

I did have the pregnant Sim walks to the hospital bug that other people have reported - the real problem came when she decided to walk home and the baby nearly starved because I couldn't cancel the action. Thankfully, they got home okay.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    There's a bug that isn't fixed is when a Sim graduates, the graduation robes will replace their carrer outfit. This hasn't been fixed in Into the Future.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top