Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    cyrynpencyrynpen Posts: 39 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I downloaded ITF yesterday and downloaded the base game as I wan't aware that I didn't need to.

Anyway ever since downloading I can't create a new game. It's the same bug I had when Island PAradise was released.

Is there any update to this problem yet? I've updated the game and on the latest patch as far as I am aware.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited December 2013
    I created a bug thread that lists the bugs I have experienced here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/726754.page
  • Options
    ReneeMoeReneeMoe Posts: 153 New Member
    edited December 2013
    My problem is that my Sim does not finish loading after I send her to the future. I just bought the game a week ago and have only been to the future once. When I send my sim into the future, I get to the future town. My sim does not come up on the panel , my camera does not zoom in. All the happens is that the time keeps on going but I cannot click on anything. Only move around. I have tried waiting a very long time, more the 1 sim day.
    I have checked my patch. It is up to date and is 21. something. I have moved my sim out and back into her house. I do not have mods, or cc, only Store content loading onto my game. Other then this my game works as well as possible. Any suggestions or fixes would be great!
  • Options
    ASTRAxMOONASTRAxMOON Posts: 31 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm trying to install a few trait chips in my Plumbots...but they won't leave my pool. What's the deal here?
  • Options
    CuteMenaCuteMena Posts: 97 Member
    edited December 2013
    veiledstar wrote:
    CuteMena wrote:
    Bug Report: My present sim married to a future sim and then used the time portal to go back home. When they arrived he got the want to get married?? But he is already married to his wife..

When I clicked his wife's picture in family relations, it shows he is married to her, but also shows that his wife has no partner.(When that should show his name as her partner) And now when they talk she is now trying to confess to cheating on him. When I know she has never cheated ever.

EDIT: Questions & Update!

:!: Future wife is no longer future Sim she lost her holo phone future Sim status :!:

(Questions answered!)
    1. Are you using mods removed
    2. Are you using custom content no
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? into the future
    4. Which Patch Level are you at ? latest
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New and game made?
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? dvd
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Future and home world?

I have seen reports of doppleganger sims being created of a household in the present and the future when traveling back and forth to the future.

Did you have this problem before or after you removed your mods?
    Which mods were you using before you removed them?

If you aren't against having another mod, you can try getting traveler from nraas to prevent this from happening in future save games.

Before I started installing into the future or the new patch I removed all my mods cleared my sims 3 folder and cache. The mod I had before was like a fridge mod to store all harvestables. So there was no mods present at the time of the new game no.

I will try the Narass mod see if that works thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Why on earth these bots are able to swim is WAY beyond me. I might have to delete my freaking pool just to get them to stay OUT of it! :x
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited December 2013
    My memory photos keep getting blanked erased out including the seasonal photo postcards.

I've noticed that as well. When I load up my save some pictures had vanished.

biuwwx.jpg
    2gy2gdj.jpg

2cwllxj.jpg
    21lqr1s.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    My memory photos keep getting blanked erased out including the seasonal photo postcards.

I've noticed that as well. When I load up my save some pictures had vanished.

biuwwx.jpg
    2gy2gdj.jpg

2cwllxj.jpg
    21lqr1s.jpg

Vanishing Photos...SimBots obsessed with swimming pools, this is making to be a REALLY fun issue...I so hope they come out with something soon. I mean really, there has to be more to do then to SWIM?! Haven't checked my photos yet to see if it vanished.
  • Options
    JunoBeachJunoBeach Posts: 77 Member
    edited December 2013
    Cannot use the almanac of time - it just stopped working.
    Cannot ask Emit to change the future. When I ask him he just changes the subject.
  • Options
    YuriHedgehog22YuriHedgehog22 Posts: 17
    edited December 2013
    gayars wrote:
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). Removed mods to try and help then tried vanilla game.
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Patch
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Premade
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Twinbrook (EA)
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 8
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? dvd
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home World

Ok, I started out with all my custom content. I was playing a prebuilt sim in twinbrook, who I married off to another prebuilt in twinbrook. They have a toddler. Even after teaching her to talk, they cannot chat with her. Plus, the playpen that came with Aurora Skies glitches when the toddler uses the mirror. She starts the interaction then jumps out of it. Abacus works fine.

I started a new game, all vanilla, built a new family, moved them in, again to twinbrook, had the mother teach the toddler to talk. Chat interaction is still not there. I haven't tried to download playpen again to test that part tho. P.I. career seems glitchy but I suspect that is a bug that was already there.

I tried the same thing and the toddler chat interaction is not there. And I do not have Into the Future! What's worse is that the wishes for the adult Sim to chat with the toddler still pops up. How are they going to fufill that wish if they cannot talk to the toddler?
  • Options
    SirRay101SirRay101 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I don't have any mods, and I've played the same family, I recently moved the family to Riverview and bought the time travel machine, I inspect the portal and I am stuck there for hours, nothing happens, I can't cancel the action either so I am forced to reset my sim...any ideas?
  • Options
    SanBarSanBar Posts: 39 Member
    edited December 2013
    I tried the same thing and the toddler chat interaction is not there. And I do not have Into the Future!
    It doesnt matter wether you do or dont have a particular expansion. A few months back they changed the update process to where only the base game gets patched independent of any additional content.
  • Options
    Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited December 2013
    For some reason sending gifts in the mail is broken. My sister and I regularly sent gifts to one another. Usually just back and forth with a set of 5 Tragic Clown elixirs. At this time neither myself or my sis receive the gifts. The mailbox sparkles and makes that god awful twinkly noise but the page that comes up has nothing in it. We do receive the LHP for sending gifts still but the items never reach their target. It just shows the button/message on the page to send gifts to a friend. I recently reset my entire Sims 3 folder and started from scratch and the problem persists. Is there a server error causing them to become lost in transit? Or is there a file that needs resetting in my sisters game? I think we reset her game too about the time of mine but don't recall. This has been going on for about a month, now. Thought that if it was something to do with the game or website that it'd be corrected by now. So now I'm posting a report. We've sent quite the number of potions without ever getting them since then. Have to keep making new ones since we can't send the ones we should have received back. We just do it for the daily LHP boost.
  • Options
    ClearaMorphClearaMorph Posts: 263 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I was just about to post about the gifting problem too! It's not just me or you then I guess.
  • Options
    midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited December 2013
    Im wondering if anyone else is having my problem when my sim takes a shower it takes ages before they enter and when they come out, they change clothes but are still naked? The only mods I have are overwatch, master controller.
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited December 2013
    Is anybody else having problems using any of the game consoles? All the interactions are missing now in my game and only play online comes up but doesn't work. The game consoles were working fine with patch 1.62 but not since I patched to 1.63.
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited December 2013
    I think I may have found another bug with Into The Future and Dragon Valley. My sim took their dragon to the future and left him there when they returned to present time. When my sim went back to the future for the dragon, none of the interactions worked anymore. Has anybody else had this problem yet?
  • Options
    Pepsichan128Pepsichan128 Posts: 14
    edited December 2013
    For some reason the ITF make-up is not showing up, but the color palettes are showing up for CC make-up. I tried using mirror, master controller stylist and edit in CAS. Any ideas?
  • Options
    RittersmRittersm Posts: 12
    edited December 2013
    I just installed sims3 base game/all expansions and stuff packs as well as store content that was bought no exchange items and I go into create a sim, they are glitching, terribly, like stretching, everything but the eyes and hair disappearing, the options on the left disappearing leaving just leaving a mess of sim and stretched out skin colour everywhere...I did the updates as I installed each game (the ones that prompted me to), it didn't give me an update when I installed the last half of them...I even installed the games in order to try and prevent this problem...this computer is meant only for the sims pretty much. I have put a lot of money into my games, not to mention my 100+ dollar store content list, and now I can't use it? I am a little irritated....can someone help me?

1. Are you using mods - Store Content only
    2. Are you using custom content? Store content only
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Into the Future
    4. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63.5.024001
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New Games
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? I can't even create a sim...
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? None, I just quit my game because my create a sim kept glitching
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? The game in general.
  • Options
    heathervgraceheathervgrace Posts: 155 Member
    edited December 2013
    1. Are you using mods - Store content only
    2. Are you using custom content? Store content only
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Into the Future
    4. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63.4.024002
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New Games
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Pre-made // Jamie Jolina.. haven't tried anyone else but assume it would be the same.
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Sunset Valley
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 8
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Future World and Home World.

My Sims can't go to work. They can get jobs in the fields they want etc. But when it comes to going to work, they get the action order at the top of the screen, but before they go to get in the carpool they teleport to about 2 steps away from where they were standing and the go to work action is cancelled. I have tried making them go again but it does the same thing and says they are missing work. I have even tried making them travel to the lot they work on without selecting "go to work". They get to the lot then as soon as I press the "go to work" option, they teleport again and the option is cancelled.

I don't know if this next thing is a bug or just part of gameplay but in the Future-world there are only two careers available?

Edit:- I forgot to mention, the option to woohoo in the shower is missing, or greyed out when there are sims eligible on lot.
  • Options
    misawa_lolimisawa_loli Posts: 82 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I am having the issue with my sim going into the future and marrying his roommate's descendent. They had a private ceremony and she never joined the family. Is this a bug or do I have to do all the things for my sim to be able to buy a home and move out of the community lot? I tried googling it and nothing is coming up. :(
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited January 2014
    Create a Family Problem

Not sure if the problem is from ITF or 1.63 because I installed both at the same time. I cannot create a new family. The game hangs up when I click the check mark and it should take me to the screen where you edit relationships before approving the family. The game keeps processing, but nothing happens. Moreover, I have to end the game through Task Manager. I cannot ESC out or otherwise close the game. I cannot right click on the icon in my task bar and close that way.

I can play a current family and make saves. I have even edited a sim in CAS in a current family (via Twallon's Master Controller) and had no problems.

I created clean user files (i.e., renamed old folder and then started game to create a new one). No CC or mods are in this clean install. There are no prior saves nor any previously saved sims.

I checked all my drivers. Everything should be up to date. I also moved a bunch of files to a flash drive so have more available storage memory.

I should note that I can place a bin family into a new home from Edit Town. I just can't create any more of them! Thanks in advance.

ETA: Also have cleared out all caches. Even cleared thumbnails, worlds, etc., as suggested in another thread.

Mods: I have created new User Files to test issue and currently am running clean copy with no mods.
    CC: No. All CC has been removed.
    I have Into the Future and 1.63 (Also all EPs and most SPs)
    Patch: 1.63
    Game: Am trying to start a new game, but problem also existed in old game.
    Cannot create a family either in new game/world or in an old one
    Have tried Sunset Valley, Sunrise Tides (?) Isla Paradise and Bridgeport
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Future-World

Graphics

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3 GHz
    Memory: 16384 MB Ram
    Page File: 3775MB used, 37109MB Available
    DirectX VersionL DirextX 11
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX675M, approx Total Memory 4046 MB
    Driver Version 9.18.13.3182
    Date: 11/14/2013 NVidia Panel says I am current.
    Advanced Rendering: I think so? Everything is set medium to high
  • Options
    devilangel09devilangel09 Posts: 184
    edited January 2014
    i only just installed my game today and the worst possible thing is occurring the game is constantly crasshing can barely move for a second and it crashes again is there anything i can do please help i really want to play it
  • Options
    ElvenGoddessElvenGoddess Posts: 18 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Hey everyone
    I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but I can't find my problem solved anywhere in this forum.

So I've been playing Into the Future and I had my sims go between present and future quite a few times. Now all of the sudden this pops up every time I try to travel back to the present, and after I click the check box it turns white and freezes. Thankfully I'm able to quit the game normally in windows mode by clicking the upper right red x box without force closing the game but that's it.

for anyone that can't see the picture, I get an error code message saying
    "A serious error has occurred while loading 'Sims Universita.sims3:IslaParadiso_0s0c50c382'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application."

xauxk5.jpg

I have taken my custom content/mod folder out and tried cleaning my files, but I still get the same message. Ohh and their home is Island Paradise world.

Oh an another thing that suddenly start happening is every time I start the launcher a Scrip Error pops up that asks me if I want to continue running the script on the page. all they give me is this "URL: http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js"

Any suggestions?

• Options
    ZimandjessZimandjess Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Can someone please help me?I'm new to the Into the Future Expansion and this happened right away.I managed to meet Emit and fix the time portal,but once I had made my Sim travel to the future,I could no longer control her after Oasis Landing showed up.Is it because of the disc or is it something else??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top