Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    leelee77leelee77 Posts: 340 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@leelee77: This seems to happen if you travel close or on your birthday. Was that the case ? I'll add you to the issue.

Yes, it was her birthday the day before. :) Thanks
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2013
    Sweetie the rented bug is also happening to second houses your Sims buy. They can't invite other sims in.
  • Options
    angelette1angelette1 Posts: 152 Member
    edited October 2013
    ever since I added ITF, Isla Paradiso doesn't work right. the original mermaids don't have scales or fins, and they swim into a houseboat instead of walking in,then swim around in it. what's up?
    Angelette Carter
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited October 2013
    I've encountered a bug in the Future. When a Plumbot tries to "scan" my Sim while he or she is doing an action (such as Experiment with Zero-G), the action he or she was doing will be interrupted as if I canceled it.

Also, some plants on Nature's Soil Rug still need watering even when under a sprinkler. Two plants affected as I know of are the Life Plant and Wonderpetal.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited October 2013
    Crinrict: The property at 1360 Wet Basin Bend is the only place I've noticed rodent infestation, but I don't think I've been to a park since fall set in. I'll have to check some out, once I open my game, again. I'm resting my wrist, at the moment. The game has been far too fun, and I've overdone things a bit. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    n00biityo wrote:
    amjoie wrote:
    n00biityo wrote:
    I got another update on the Rhythm-a-con here. There's a quote from Mev and you can see the other people having the same problem as me. Mev found a work-around to at least finish the statue challenge.
    Mev1015 wrote:
    I don't think the party would work. The Sims in the present don't seem to have the ability to see or hear your Sim play. For some reason accepting the "opportunities" does count toward the Sims watching you play. You may have to do a lot of them. I just kept accepting all opportunities to play for award ceremonies etc. I went to the future and bang the music goes off that I have achieved the "Lustrus Entertainer" statue. I'm not sure when I reached enough but I think I had around 20.

Sims in the present of my game not only listened, but danced in place and approved. Everyone who listened gave simolean tips (some of them tipped more than once). Then some of them started dancing together to the music. It was adorable. All my sim did was play for tips in the park until enough sims had listened. I got a popup, while still in the present park, that my sim had gotten the statue. Emit even showed up to talk to my sim, in the present, as a holograph. The whole experience was fast, easy, and cute.

I don't know if it matters, but the sim I was using to get the statue was a plumbot with the music trait chip.

Please try to play for tips. It could be that was what EA had in mind. I'll try today to get a regular sim achieve the statue, but it will take a while to skill one up for it.

No freaking **** Sherlock. What do you think we have been doing? Please unless you actually have the problem or know how to fix it, please refrain from making useless comments.

Also WHY is this issue being ignored. Apparently there's a similar problem with the clothing pedestals.

The red and large letters are your emphasis, not mine. I have no idea what you are doing in your game, and only wished to share what I had done that was successful, as an aid to your troubleshooting.

I was also in the process of bringing one of my faerie sims up the level 10 (they are now half past level 9, and it has been work getting him there because he has also started a new job I'm testing) so I could ascertain whether regular sims in my game, not just bots with a musical trait chip, could successfully get a statue.

I was doing the above troubleshooting not for myself, but to give you further information -- however, it is obvious to me from your reply that you do not welcome my help, so I will no longer bother to have that sim try for a statue.

Apparently you do not consider that, in troubleshooting, it is valid and useful information that another person may be able to successfully do what you are unable to do in your game. So be it.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited October 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    n00biityo wrote:
    amjoie wrote:
    n00biityo wrote:
    I got another update on the Rhythm-a-con here. There's a quote from Mev and you can see the other people having the same problem as me. Mev found a work-around to at least finish the statue challenge.
    Mev1015 wrote:
    I don't think the party would work. The Sims in the present don't seem to have the ability to see or hear your Sim play. For some reason accepting the "opportunities" does count toward the Sims watching you play. You may have to do a lot of them. I just kept accepting all opportunities to play for award ceremonies etc. I went to the future and bang the music goes off that I have achieved the "Lustrus Entertainer" statue. I'm not sure when I reached enough but I think I had around 20.

Sims in the present of my game not only listened, but danced in place and approved. Everyone who listened gave simolean tips (some of them tipped more than once). Then some of them started dancing together to the music. It was adorable. All my sim did was play for tips in the park until enough sims had listened. I got a popup, while still in the present park, that my sim had gotten the statue. Emit even showed up to talk to my sim, in the present, as a holograph. The whole experience was fast, easy, and cute.

I don't know if it matters, but the sim I was using to get the statue was a plumbot with the music trait chip.

Please try to play for tips. It could be that was what EA had in mind. I'll try today to get a regular sim achieve the statue, but it will take a while to skill one up for it.

No freaking **** Sherlock. What do you think we have been doing? Please unless you actually have the problem or know how to fix it, please refrain from making useless comments.

Also WHY is this issue being ignored. Apparently there's a similar problem with the clothing pedestals.

The red and large letters are your emphasis, not mine. I have no idea what you are doing in your game, and only wished to share what I had done that was successful, as an aid to your troubleshooting.

I was also in the process of bringing one of my faerie sims up the level 10 (they are now half past level 9, and it has been work getting him there because he has also started a new job I'm testing) so I could ascertain whether regular sims in my game, not just bots with a musical trait chip, could successfully get a statue.

I was doing the above troubleshooting not for myself, but to give you further information -- however, it is obvious to me from your reply that you do not welcome my help, so I will no longer bother to have that sim try for a statue.

Apparently you do not consider that, in troubleshooting, it is valid and useful information that another person may be able to successfully do what you are unable to do in your game. So be it.

The Watch_LaserHarp has only advertising scores for future Sims and a few lot types. You could play on an empty community lot which is labeled as Big Park or configure the tuning file.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    kusurusu wrote:
    The Watch_LaserHarp has only advertising scores for future Sims and a few lot types. You could play on an empty community lot which is labeled as Big Park or configure the tuning file.

I got a lot of action at that vampire bar in 🐸🐸🐸🐸. It was one of the few places open late at night, and I was "that close" to getting the last sim I needed to watch my sim, so I tried there. The crowd loved it.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2013
    @TheNutCaseTree: That is an existing issue. Are you selling when your game is paused ? If so, try unpausing.

@PrfctAngl673: I've added that to the issue.

@n00biityo: I haven't added anything today since I was busy with RL. There were several reasons why I didn't want to add at first and why I didn't answer your last post. I apologize if you think I was ignoring you. I wasn't but it did not sound like a bug but a problem of understanding how it works so I wanted to read up on it before adding but I had literally no time to do that.

@Ezuu123: Thanks for the info

@Krisha880: Added the raining. Chat is on the first page.

@FryeGuy24: :)

@chopin27: That should be the super patch. Not sure what's going on. Try the technical forum if they have any ideas.

@carlymichelle: One time or repeatable ? Could you please add your info to the posts. Thanks

@SweetieTreats:

Are your issue one time things or repeatable with more than one Sim ?

- Added police car
    - Is this repeatable ? Might be an issue with the bars. Try resetting the sim
    - Same as above
    - Corrupt outfits have been an issue since they introduced them. Try deleting extra ones or if you don't have extra ones, add one and delete that. That usually fixed the default one.
    - Existing issue, rather random
    - Random glitch or reproducible ?
    - Extra money has also been an issue happening on and off
    - You mean in CAS CAS or Dresser CAS ?
    - Not familiar with that term. What's a dip kiss ?

@catloverplayer: Seems the reference was edited out. I'm a bit at loss.

@angelette1: Please answer the questions in the second post

@WinMacSims3: Might have to do with the issue veiledstar. Do you have enough room or are you doing it in confined spaces ?

I've added the other issue. Makes me wonder if the two people that reported for crystal plants also tried on soil rugs.

@kusurusu: Thanks for that info. I'll add to the issue.

Sims3plumbobtrennlinie.png

Ok. Work Day tomorrow so no answers until the evening.

Good Night everyone.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit short but I'm just not having a good week.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    angelette1angelette1 Posts: 152 Member
    edited October 2013
    my answers to your questions as best as I can; never used mods,very little cc none listed as bad,have ITF installed,1.63.4.024001,new game,my sim I made for Isla Paradiso when it came out,EA,win7,dvd,home world,own all EP's and all SP's except movie stuff & katty perry,4g ram (dont know rest),have several store items. I like playing Isla Paradiso, and usually make friends with the original mermaids, but they are messed up. they still register as mermaids but have no scales or fins. very wierd.
    Angelette Carter
  • Options
    alyseryanalyseryan Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using mods.
    I removed them before I installed it.
    2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?
    yes
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ?
    i have into the future
    4. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    im playing with an existing one
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    new one (girl) and one pre made from a town (guy).
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Lucky palms.
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Mac
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    downloaded
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Uni-world.

Alright so my issue is I'm playing with a couple and for some reason every time they travel to the future, the guy is under my girls friends twice. and this makes the guy think she is cheating on him! I hovered over both boxes and one is from the present world and one seems to be the one I'm playing with, but they both are active ( the present box isn't gray). he accused her of cheating and i couldn't do anything to stop him. luckily i fixed the relationship but i just traveled to the future again hoping it wouldn't happen again and it did... but this time, as hard as i tried to fix their relationship he wanted to end things. thankfully i haven't saved so this 2nd time wont actually happen. First time i traveled it was just her and they were only romantic interest then when i traveled back to the present they started a relationship. I have no idea what caused this.

Is anyone else having this issue?

another little glitch that happens every now and then that could be connected to the other issue is, when i have my girl active and i use her to get them to the future, once i get to the future their icons are invisible and i cant open up the menu. but when i use the guy to travel to the future its fine.
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited October 2013
    For the Be Scanned issue: It occurred when my Sim was on a community lot trying to Experiment with Zero-G, every time he was doing it, a Plumbot tries to scan my Sim causing the action to be canceled. Even when I cancel Be Scanned, he still exits the building.

For the soil rug: I was using a large room for gardening in the basement which is enough to store mainly every plant. Even purchasing a new sprinkler doesn't fix the affected plants but moving the plant outside near a sprinkler in my original garden or in the rain waters it. I haven't tested if the affected plants (I haven't planeted one so far) get watered in the rain on the soil rug because I do know the rain from Seasons affect planter bowls correctly while many plants on a planter bowl still need watering even under a sprinkler.

I believe the planter bowl issue first occurred in Supernatural and still occurred in 1.57 when I have used the planter bowls. I haven't tested the planter bowls in Into the Future.

In addition, the no click on Sim bug also occurs in Oasis Landing, not just Sims University.

I think I know why it rains on Bolts Emporium, Cafeteria, XI Import Gallery and the Future Lounge is because the outside building is actually an object which is the building's shell, not a wall, floor tile and roof. I've seen the objects using Buydebug and noticed the shell for the community lots. Also, it appears that EA did not put a floor tile for its roof. If a lot did not have a floor tile on the top floor or roof, it would rain and snow on the lot similar to the 4 mentioned lots. Rain also goes through buildings too such as the theatre in Monnlight Falls, my Sim got soaked when when under the theatre's roof but it did not occur when he was in the theatre.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited October 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    *snip*

How would I have known the **** thing doesn't work if I haven't even TRIED to use it? You cannot be THIS stupid can you?! Indeed, save yourself the time and effort. I'm perfectly capable of troubleshooting this myself. If you READ ANY WORD I typed you would have KNOWN that I tested this several ways in my game. If you come in here trying to condescend to people, don't expect for people to smile and say "thank you".

I really didn't want to start a discussion but your behavior is incredibly appalling. Please don't talk to me again. Crin I really don't want to start a flamewar here or anything but it's not in my nature to shut up and let people treat like this.

As I said I tried several things. I had my sims play for tips, I had him perform several songs, I had him learn the additional songs in public and on THE VERY SAME CORNERS he goes to do all these things. I had a sim with a guitar do it and the same sims with a drum and all these things get them tips. Sims will stand and watch and dance to the music. The Rhythm-a-con IS glitched somehow.

I noticed that now that my sim has started to play the drums, when he rolls opportunities to earn tips with the Rhythm-a-con, even though he earned the amount by playing the drums, the opportunity does get fulfilled. I think somehow the game is getting the instruments messed up or something. Either way there definitely is something wrong.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Crinrict: The property at 1360 Wet Basin Bend is the only place with a fall rodent infestation. I've been to parks and several places in OL, and haven't seen any rodents. But on that lot, I've now got over 50 rodents (I stopped counting at 50.) They should have let us bring cats to the future. ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    n00biityo wrote:
    amjoie wrote:
    *snip*

How would I have known the **** thing doesn't work if I haven't even TRIED to use it? You cannot be THIS stupid can you?! Indeed, save yourself the time and effort. I'm perfectly capable of troubleshooting this myself. If you READ ANY WORD I typed you would have KNOWN that I tested this several ways in my game. If you come in here trying to condescend to people, don't expect for people to smile and say "thank you".

I really didn't want to start a discussion but your behavior is incredibly appalling. Please don't talk to me again. Crin I really don't want to start a flamewar here or anything but it's not in my nature to shut up and let people treat like this.

As I said I tried several things. I had my sims play for tips, I had him perform several songs, I had him learn the additional songs in public and on THE VERY SAME CORNERS he goes to do all these things. I had a sim with a guitar do it and the same sims with a drum and all these things get them tips. Sims will stand and watch and dance to the music. The Rhythm-a-con IS glitched somehow.

I noticed that now that my sim has started to play the drums, when he rolls opportunities to earn tips with the Rhythm-a-con, even though he earned the amount by playing the drums, the opportunity does get fulfilled. I think somehow the game is getting the instruments messed up or something. Either way there definitely is something wrong.

I sincerely apologize for inadvertently offending you. I will try to remember to avoid replying to your posts in the future, to limit further offense.
  • Options
    kitty4118812kitty4118812 Posts: 45 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think I have a doosy.

My female sim who does not have the increase children LTW (Nor does husband) has had NINE children in a row so far. I fear looking back to my screen for fear of watching more children come from her.
    I think I broke it. D:
    The wife, dog and husband no longer show on my screen....
    I've tried to exit and return to a point before she gave birth. I've tried at the hospital and at home with no luck yet. I plan to try a couple other things to fix this, but I thought I might make mention of it here so it's at least known as a problem.
    The couple is newly married and had the wedding on their lot. Not sure if that helps or anything?

1. Are you using mods? (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed)
    Never

2. Are you using custom content? (as in clothing and objects)
    None

3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch?
    Into The Future

4. Which Patch Level are you at?

5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones?
    New Game

6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made?
    New Sim + EA Future Sim

7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom?
    EA Riverview

8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)?
    Win 7

9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD

10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World?
    Homeworld.

DXdiag Info:
    SM: XFX nForce 790i Ultra 3-Way SLI
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS b6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(MT)2 Extreme CPU X9770 @ 3.20GHz (4CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 8192 RAM
    Page File: 4245MB used, 11942MB available
    DirectX Version DirectX 11
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    - Dreampods reset Sims (fleshapple)

Let me guess: It was one of the dreams which replace one trait but your Sim didn't have any? It had the same issue until I gave her at least one trait
    n00biityo wrote:

This is not a Rhythm-a-con issue. Whenever you get a play for tips opportunity it doesn't matter which instrument you use.

Another one: Sims loose their ability to moon bounce/salute to flag after returning home (you gain these after taking Advanced Technology skill class).
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2013
    Crin you asked about the dip kiss its the new kiss Sims can do with this pack. They'll twirl the other sim dipping then kiss them. It s under ramantic but only shows up if Sims are romanticly involved.
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited October 2013
    Crin: I found the offending outfit. I think it may be the top that is the issue for females since that usually seems to be the case. I don't think I have ever seen a skirt coded badly for the wrong age. Anyhow, here is a picture of it. Sorry it's not very close up.

original.jpg
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm not sure if this has already been posted. I did have a quick read through but couldn't see anything on the first page.

My Sim has experienced all 3 future types, in the following order:

Normal
    Utopia
    Dystopia

After experiencing Dystopia, she helped to repair the future and went back to Normal Oasis Landing.

However it seems like the meteor showers haven't fixed themselves, as the normal future is still experiencing high levels of meteor strikes (between 5-10 per day!)

No mods/cc installed on my game.
    Game completely updated.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    No mods, no CC, no store content, in a vanilla test game
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ?
    ITF
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    vanilla test game just for ITF (new folder generated by the Launcher after install of ITF)
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? new CAS sim made after ITF install
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA, 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Neutral OL

The bug:

Home ownership in OL is only recognized for one sim in the family, even though a second YA is also a family member.

If I click on my female faerie to go time traveling with the whole family, I get a popup asking me which house I want the sims to use. I choose the house and all of them are transported directly to that house.

But if I click on my male faerie to go time traveling with the whole family, they are transported directly to Emit's house. I get no popup, and I am not able to choose their purchased house.

Pertinent details: My female faerie was the first sim to time travel, and she bought the house. I later merged the male faerie into the family. (I cannot remember if he was merged in OL or merged in 🐸🐸🐸🐸.) The two are in a relationship, but not married. In addition to the couple, the family consists of four plumbots and two children (one genetically engineered and one born the normal way to the couple).

I think we need clarification:
    I would like a Guru to verify that all YA, adults, and elders in a family should be able to time travel to the family home -- in which case the above is a bug. Or, I would like a Guru to verify that a purchased future home belongs only to one sim, and is NOT a family home -- in which case I must either buy a second house for the second YA or make sure the first YA is the one to initiate time travel.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using mods? Tested both with my usual NRAAS suite and, Vanilla - bug happens in both cases.

2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? Have it installed, only CC on the lot is the skintone of my human sim.

3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Have ITF

4. Which Patch Level are you at ? 163.4 (auto patch)

5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Tested in existing and new game, modded and vanilla.

6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New and my long time transferred sim both.

7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA made (Aurora Skies)

8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD Base and all except Supernatural, Movie Stuff and ITF - those are digital downloads.

10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home world to Future transition bug.

The bug: When a visitor to your lot uses the portal to travel to the future, you get the pop up to accept sending a sim to the future, then the loading screen (assuming you accept) and, when you arrive in the future, you are playing the visitor that went.

Sims (townies/NPCs) can use the portal on your lot autonomously, but accepting the pop up causes you to leave your active household and travel with the sim that went to the future. Fortunately, when you return, you go back to your active family and, you do not loose wishes or have any indication that you switched active households.

Not a big deal but, people need to know not to accept that pop up to time travel if they did not send a sim to the future until EA corrects this one.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi Crin,
    I found another glitch last night while playing. My Sim had a baby and instead of going to the hospital via cab with her husband, they both went using the hover board which I set for them to use instead of walking. Once she had the baby, they left the hospital, the husband used the hover board and she put the baby in the stroller which was still in her inventory from their first child and walked home. By the time she got home with the baby it was starving and I was getting warnings that the social worker was going to come for the baby, which luckily did not happen.

Even though the hover board is used instead of walking both the other child and the husband go to work/school via the car and bus so I did not expect this to happen. I thought they would just take the cab to and from the hospital.

Once again, thank you for doing this, I hope you are feeling better and that the rest of your week gets better.

1. Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) Never
    --> It's essential that stuff is tested on vanilla games so remove your mods before reporting a bug.
    2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? Only EA Store items

3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Both

4. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63.4

5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? existing

6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Made by me in CAS

7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Dragon Valley

8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7

9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home

• Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited October 2013
    kusurusu wrote:
    n00biityo wrote:

This is not a Rhythm-a-con issue. Whenever you get a play for tips opportunity it doesn't matter which instrument you use.

Another one: Sims loose their ability to moon bounce/salute to flag after returning home (you gain these after taking Advanced Technology skill class).

Well that explains that but I still don't know why sims in the homeworld aren't able to acknowledge the rhythm-a-con (what an obnoxious name that is too).

I've never seen the moon bounce/salute to flag before and I had several sims maxing out the advance technology by now. Do you only get them by taking the class or can you gain these abilities by simply leveling up this skill with other methods? Unfortunately all of these sims have already traveled back and forth so even if they had gained these abilities at one point they would have lost them by now.

ETA: I'm so sorry kusurusu, I completely missed your previous reply to me. Do you know where exactly in the gaming files I can find the tuning file for the rhythm-a-crap? Also do you know what another lots its flagged for to attract sims? Unfortunately most sims tent to hang out or traffic the most at the grocery store in my town. Are you savvy enough with this type of thing that you'd be willing to accept my request for you to edit the tuning files for me and upload them somewhere so I can get them?

Also do you know if big parks are treated differently when they are used for the seasons festival crap and the showtime simcrapfest as well?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    janvel831 wrote:
    Hi Crin,
    I found another glitch last night while playing. My Sim had a baby and instead of going to the hospital via cab with her husband, they both went using the hover board which I set for them to use instead of walking. Once she had the baby, they left the hospital, the husband used the hover board and she put the baby in the stroller which was still in her inventory from their first child and walked home. By the time she got home with the baby it was starving and I was getting warnings that the social worker was going to come for the baby, which luckily did not happen.

Even though the hover board is used instead of walking both the other child and the husband go to work/school via the car and bus so I did not expect this to happen. I thought they would just take the cab to and from the hospital.

Once again, thank you for doing this, I hope you are feeling better and that the rest of your week gets better.

1. Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) Never
    --> It's essential that stuff is tested on vanilla games so remove your mods before reporting a bug.
    2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? Only EA Store items

3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Both

4. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63.4

5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? existing

6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Made by me in CAS

7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Dragon Valley

8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7

9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home

I can confirm that a mother will take her motorcycle rather than a taxi to the hospital, and then walk the baby home in a stroller, regardless of the status of the mother's or baby's motive bars. I nearly had to use testing cheats to up the bars and prevent disaster. It was a very close call.

In my opinion, the game should be coded so that pregnant mothers always take a taxi to the hospital, especially since the advent of strollers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top