Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP Lots

I'm making a world and I don't own University. The apartment lot comes with it, and I have the option of placing it in CAW. My question is will it function like it would with someone who owned Uni?

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2013
    No - the apartment from Uni is like a dorm - if you had Late Night that has apartments and are the only kind that will function properly for you. I do not think you can even install a Uni apt if you don't have Uni. But that is a totally different and far less complicated apt than the ones in Late night.

Exactly how did you end up with Uni apartments even downloading with out Uni in your game?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited October 2013
    I honestly have no answer for you, but I just wanted to clarify what you mean: when you say you have the option of placing an apartment lot in CAW, do you mean you can physically place a prebuilt apartment OR that when defining a lot as something, you somehow have the option (from a drop-down menu) to allocate any lot as an apartment?

I haven't played in CAW for a while, since before University Life came out, so I really don't know if 'apartment' is a lot classification, but it makes sense.

If so, I can tell you it's probably one of two things:
    - It came with the patch and therefore can be used just like any other classification OR
    - It came with the patch and will not function correctly for you without the EP

I know that doesn't actually help, but maybe someone else can use that extra info to work it out for you. I'm going to say, however, that if you place it in your world and it doesn't work properly for you, it very likely won't function for other people even if they have University Life; I believe you would have to do more than allocate it to 'apartment' for it to work. That said, people who download your world WOULD/SHOULD be able to easily make the adjustments themselves, if necessary.

Good luck!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi :D

The option is there in CAW for the Residential lot type, then it should work.
    There are Community lot types that actually don't do anything, like Restaurant and Theater. Those just turn into Community Lot or Visitors Allowed.

Also, the markers for making a Nightlife type apartment are in the base game. They will function as an apartment without NL now. There won't be a call box or the mailboxes, though.