Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I think we should buy TS4 at day one

Before you start to flame me, think about this.

Do you want TS5 turn into some monstrosity Sims social or Sims free play? If the answer is no and you still support AAA high quality titles and you still have the money to afford it, then let's buy it!

Comments

• Options
    KansineKansine Posts: 105 Member
    edited September 2013
    pak_ea wrote:
    Do you want TS5 turn into some monstrosity Sims social or Sims free play? If the answer is no and you still support AAA high quality titles and you still have the money to afford it, then let's buy it!

What's the logic of that? Do you think EA is lacking money and would make even Sims 4 a much better game if they only could afford to? I don't think so! If people buy Sims 4 despite of not liking it, the logical conclusion of EA is that everyone loves it, and then they'll make Sims 5 similar to Sims 4 (which people who DON'T like Sims 4 don't want to happen, if you missed that somehow!).
  • Options
    pak_eapak_ea Posts: 262 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Ok let me rephrase this:

Don't wait because it's expensive. Games has been this expensive for years. It's only because so many Freeium games of this new tablet age that people re-define the price standard. (and freeium games are scams, mkay?)

On the other hand, if you are clearly not happy with the game design (say if they add mandatory online junks like the SC4). Then of course, by all mean do not support(buy) it

• Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited September 2013
    :-o :?:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited September 2013
    pak_ea wrote:
    Ok let me rephrase this:

Don't wait because it's expensive. Games has been this expensive for years. It's only because so many Freeium games of this new tablet age that people re-define the price standard. (and freeium games are scams, mkay?)

On the other hand, if you are clearly not happy with the game design (say if they add mandatory online junks like the SC4). Then of course, by all mean do not support(buy) it

Support TS4 because it's not free-to-play?
    I'd rather simply not support free-to-play games at all.

TS4 is going to an art style I consider a downgrade and has tossed out my favorite feature--Create-A-Style. I'm going back and forth between not supporting it at all or buying it at a later date. The most redeeming factor looks to be The Sims, so it's not a total skip depending on how it's it plays. As it is shaping up now, it's not bringing enough to the table for me to buy it day one. I also need to see what the CC community can do with it, how annoying the social features might become, and what The Store is going to be like. It's just smarter to wait.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    pak_ea wrote:
    Ok let me rephrase this:

They already have added online requirements. Origin will require me to login and 'validate' my DVD/disc online...or I can't play. That is enough right there to say forget it. I don't always 'register' to be able to download from an Exchange or post on a website as in the past..heck I probably have TS3 EPs I haven't registered and not on my Simpage...

but when I am 'forced' after buying a disc (whole point of going disc route) to go online to even be able to play a disc..then I know what I will do no matter how much I might like some of what I see...I won't buy...until there is a way for me as a legal customer to play my game 'without' having to 'validate' online my disc version.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2013
    Very bad idea to start this thread.
    You should know by now that the only type of opinion allowed in this forum is the negative one! Haven't you noticed? God forbid you actually like the game.
    Change the title immediately to "why i think we should NOT buy ts4 at day one".

All jokes(?) aside, I have another reason- Cause the game is so **** good! *puts on safety helmet*
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2013
    pak_ea wrote:
    EA already tried and is trying to milk money with Sims MMOs and free2scam model. Just ignore that.

The only thing that depends on Sims 4 sales are it's expansions. Not selling good? No new expansions (an example is Sims Medieval).
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited September 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    You should know by now that the only type of opinion allowed in this forum is the negative one! Haven't you noticed? God forbid you actually like the game.

All jokes(?) aside, I have another reason- Cause the game is so **** good! *puts on safety helmet*
    All I see is that everyone that likes TS4 comes with the typical rude fanboy attitude just like you did. :roll:
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Eziwolf wrote:
    JeanBaby4 wrote:

All I see is that everyone that likes TS4 comes with the typical rude fanboy attitude just like you did. :roll:

I see, it's rude when a "fanboy" does it, but when someone who dislikes the games makes fun of someone who does like it (yep I've seen it), then they're doing it right. But I am actually telling the truth. I once made a comment that I liked the presets of sims4 and that I like that they made it easier for non-builders like me to make beautiful houses. I then got jumped on for saying that. No one bats an eye. I've seen penty of examples of this in the forum. This prompted my reply to this thread.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    Eziwolf wrote:
    JeanBaby4 wrote:

I see, it's rude when a "fanboy" does it, but when someone who dislikes the games makes fun of someone who does like it (yep I've seen it), then they're doing it right. But I am actually telling the truth. I once made a comment that I liked the presets of sims4 and that I like that they made it easier for non-builders like me to make beautiful houses. I then got jumped on for saying that. No one bats an eye. I've seen penty of examples of this in the forum. This prompted my reply to this thread.
    This goes both ways. I don't like s4 at all so far and have to read over and over again this must be because:
    - I'm only in it for building nice houses (I'm not actually)
    - that I am playing the wrong game
    - that I should play 'GTA' or something (the only appealing aspect of a car for me is that it brings me from A to B)
    - that it's stupid to complain about cartoonic Sims because a. Sims are 'supposed to be cartoonic' (oh?) and b. I'm going to cover them with CC anyway (I don't like/use CC).

People tend to only see their own side of the story, don't they :wink: ?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    Eziwolf wrote:
    JeanBaby4 wrote:

This goes both ways. I don't like s4 at all so far and have to read over and over again this must be because:
    - I'm only in it for building nice houses (I'm not actually)
    - that I am playing the wrong game
    - that I should play 'GTA' or something (the only appealing aspect of a car for me is that it brings me from A to B)
    - that it's stupid to complain about cartoonic Sims because a. Sims are 'supposed to be cartoonic' (oh?) and b. I'm going to cover them with CC anyway (I don't like/use CC).

People tend to only see their own side of the story, don't they :wink: ?

You are absolutely right. We all have our reasons to like or dislike the game. And I was tired of being jumped on (and seeing other getting jumped on) for LIKING the game, which is why i wrote my comment. I do apologize if anyone was offended by it, but I will not apologize for the "message" in the comment, which is- All opinions matter, even the "i like sims4" ones.

I also have to mention, I don't appreciate being called a "fanboy" (oh and im a girl) just because I like the game. Fanboy/fangirl is someone who is completely loyal to a game or company, refusing to see any faults. I consider this an insult. I am more then willing to let people know if I don't like something about the game, but so far I am perfectly happy with all they've shown us, except the hair, but it's not a big deal for me. It would be like if I called you a whiner just because you are disatisfied with the game.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited September 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    pak_ea wrote:
    Ok let me rephrase this:

Support TS4 because it's not free-to-play?
    I'd rather simply not support free-to-play games at all.

TS4 is going to an art style I consider a downgrade and has tossed out my favorite feature--Create-A-Style. I'm going back and forth between not supporting it at all or buying it at a later date. The most redeeming factor looks to be The Sims, so it's not a total skip depending on how it's it plays. As it is shaping up now, it's not bringing enough to the table for me to buy it day one. I also need to see what the CC community can do with it, how annoying the social features might become, and what The Store is going to be like. It's just smarter to wait.

This is what I'm going to do as well. I want to wait and see what people say, if there will be mods, cheats and CC. If not, I'll pass.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    You are absolutely right. We all have our reasons to like or dislike the game. And I was tired of being jumped on (and seeing other getting jumped on) for LIKING the game, which is why i wrote my comment. I do apologize if anyone was offended by it, but I will not apologize for the "message" in the comment, which is- All opinions matter, even the "i like sims4" ones.

I also have to mention, I don't appreciate being called a "fanboy" (oh and im a girl) just because I like the game. Fanboy/fangirl is someone who is completely loyal to a game or company, refusing to see any faults. I consider this an insult. I am more then willing to let people know if I don't like something about the game, but so far I am perfectly happy with all they've shown us, except the hair, but it's not a big deal for me. It would be like if I called you a whiner just because you are disatisfied with the game.
    Being called a fanboy/-girl just for liking something is as annoying and cheap as being called a whiner just because you don't. I see both things happening here and that's too bad. I just read around it, because fortunately a lot is being said here that does make sense.
    It's no wonder by the way people who are not content shout louder. You do when something frustrates you, especially when you are hoping your shouting maybe will be heard by the right people :wink:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Being called a fanboy/-girl just for liking something is as annoying and cheap as being called a whiner just because you don't. I see both things happening here and that's too bad. I just read around it, because fortunately a lot is being said here that does make sense.
    It's no wonder by the way people who are not content shout louder. You do when something frustrates you, especially when you are hoping your shouting maybe will be heard by the right people :wink:
    THe bolded part is exactly what I said. I never called you or anyone a whiner but apparently I will not be getting an apology for being called a fangirl by you. Fair enough.

I never said it was wrong to voice your concearns for a game. I only said it was wrong not to accept other opinions. And I do think it's unnecessary to make several threads about the same issue, but I guess you can't stop that.
    I hope your opinions are heard by the people that matter and that in the end, you will be satisfied with the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    THe bolded part is exactly what I said. I never called you or anyone a whiner but apparently I will not be getting an apology for being called a fangirl by you. Fair enough.

I never said it was wrong to voice your concearns for a game. I only said it was wrong not to accept other opinions. And I do think it's unnecessary to make several threads about the same issue, but I guess you can't stop that.
    I hope your opinions are heard by the people that matter and that in the end, you will be satisfied with the game.
    You'll never get an appology by me on that because I never called you a fangirl :? So I was in fact just agreeing with you there, like you say :wink:
    I agree on your second remark too by the way, I don't really understand why there are so many topics about the very same subject.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think buying the game at day one if they haven't "sold" you on it is going to send the wrong idea to the makers of the game. A copy sold won't indicate how much you like the game, or not. It's just going to be another copy sold, equaling the amount of money in the EA coffers.

I'm all for supporting product that I like. If I like it I'll gladly put my money in their coffers. If I'm not sold on it, I won't.

If, however, you would like to buy me a copy I'd also be fine with that. EA won't have a problem with it either. At first glance that may seem like a ridiculous statement, why would you buy a copy for a stranger? But when you consider that you're asking us to buy a copy anyways even if we're not sold on the game, it makes just about as much sense. :wink:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    You'll never get an appology by me on that because I never called you a fangirl :? So I was in fact just agreeing with you there, like you say :wink:
    I agree on your second remark too by the way, I don't really understand why there are so many topics about the very same subject.

In my book having a fangirl attitude is the same as being a fangirl since the attitude comes with being a fangirl. (wont accept any faults in the game, so if someone points them out i go berserk) But if we have different definitions i can't argue with that.
    I really hate arguing about nothing so lets just end it here lol. Atleast we did agree on some things.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    In my book having a fangirl attitude is the same as being a fangirl since the attitude comes with being a fangirl. (wont accept any faults in the game, so if someone points them out i go berserk) But if we have different definitions i can't argue with that.
    I really hate arguing about nothing so lets just end it here lol. Atleast we did agree on some things.
    I don't understand you. Where did I write you're having a fangirl attitude? In fact, I never said anything about your or anyones attitude at all. Aren't you confusing me with someone else?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    I don't understand you. Where did I write you're having a fangirl attitude? In fact, I never said anything about your or anyones attitude at all. Aren't you confusing me with someone else?
    Oh my god i am terribly sorry, I thought you were the one who made the original reply to me, where he stated that i indeed was a fangirl. I really apologize. Man do I feel silly now :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    That's alright :lol: Well, it seems we agree on almost everything except for s4 then 8)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited September 2013
    I've pre-ordered so i shall be getting it on day 1 :D:D
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2013
    pak_ea wrote:
    Before you start to flame me, think about this.

I fail to see how buying Sims 4 at launch will encourage EA to produce higher quality products. I'm not saying I won't buy it, I just don't think your idea to 'buy Sims 4 at launch' will send a message to EA that 'we don't want a Sims Social'. Maybe I'm missing something.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:

I see people attacked for being both uncritical of the game, and overly critical.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think everyone buying Sims 4 at launch no matter what will just send the message that we don't care about content, we don't care about quality, and we don't care about features like CASt and *insert whatever else Sims 4 doesn't come with that you'd like to have*. If everyone pre-orders, EA will have no incentive to make it the really awesome game it could be. They'll just say, "Man, we've gotten 40 million orders already. I guess the game is good enough as-is. Let's just go ahead and put what we've got on disk, and start working on something else."

I MAY buy it at launch, but only if they wow me with amazing features beforehand. If it looks like it's a half-baked game, I won't buy it.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited October 2013
    JoxerTM22 wrote:
    pak_ea wrote:
    EA already tried and is trying to milk money with Sims MMOs and free2scam model. Just ignore that.

The only thing that depends on Sims 4 sales are it's expansions. Not selling good? No new expansions (an example is Sims Medieval).
    The Sims Medieval was a spin-off game and EA wants all the spin-off games to be smaller games. Probably for two reasons:

1. EA doesn't want to have to release big expansions for two competing series of too similar games.

2. The spin-off games are supposed to be more attractive for people who think that the Sims mainline games are too big and too expensive with all their expansions.

So while I would like the spin-off games to be bigger games too I know that it will never happen.

For the mainline games it is a different story because EA will go on releasing a lot of big expansions for them unless the big expansions don't sell very well anymore.