Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else run into the Kracken while scuba diving?

I had my sim scuba diving at Pearl's Deep with his houseboat sitting close by. I'm zooming around looking for underwater sealife when I come face to face with the Kracken. Big purple thing with a yellow eye went swimming by, long tentacles following. Scared the you know what out of me! I thought I'd caught a glimpse of the tentacles another time, but this was definitely the Kracken. Way too big to be anything else. I've never seen a dolphin or a manta ray, but at least I've seen the Kracken face to face. :)

Comments

• Options
    Songphon1999Songphon1999 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I Saw the Kraken while scuba diving
    It's scared me :lol:
    9835489685_3e40ef8793_c.jpg
  • Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited September 2013
    Nice screenshot. Wish I'd been fast enough to get one, but it happened so fast it was gone before I even thought about it. :)
  • Options
    djacob16djacob16 Posts: 95 Member
    edited September 2013
    Wow! I never saw the kraken while scuba diving.

I got to look out for it. Did you guys edit the lot or do anything special to allow that?
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    edited September 2013
    ahhhhh Dang!!! :shock: I'm gonna have to play IP for a while longer before I move to another world.... I wanna see that. that is an awesome screen shot!!!!!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2013
    Ooooooooooooh :shock: That's so cool!! Can't wait till it happens to me.
    (Or can I...., i can imagine your heart's in your throat :lol: )
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,805 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh my! I did not know that could happen!! I left IP for awhile, but I'm back again with a new sim. I will have to take him scuba diving now. :)

@DekrRini
    @Songphon1999
    What dive spot where you @ to see the Kraken? I'm assuming there might be a certain route and I want to be in the best possible area to see it. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member
    edited September 2013
    :shock:
    Imagine not even knowing about the Kraken and seeing that!
    Oh, to be a clueless simmer. :lol:
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Songphon1999Songphon1999 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh my! I did not know that could happen!! I left IP for awhile, but I'm back again with a new sim. I will have to take him scuba diving now. :)

@DekrRini
    @Songphon1999
    What dive spot where you @ to see the Kraken? I'm assuming there might be a certain route and I want to be in the best possible area to see it. :)

I saw the Kraken at Davy Jones' Locker dive spot. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013

@DekrRini
    @Songphon1999

My sim was diving at Pearl's Deep. I believe I was on the outer edge of the dive spot farthest away from the underwater cave. I use the collection helper to find underwater sealife so I was roaming around the lot when I literally came eyeball to yellow eyeball with a huge purple and green blob that took up most of the screen. I've spent hours and hours having my sims dive at Pearl's Deep because it's my favorite dive spot. I thought I caught a glimpse of the tentacles near the cave once, but wasn't sure. Now I am. I'm thinking the Kracken being at the dive spot might be tied to the fact that my houseboat is sitting over the spot--or very close to it. And the Kracken makes an appearance under the houseboat quite frequently. Now I'll spend as much time looking up searching for the Kracken as I do looking down searching for shells and underwater sealife. :)
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited September 2013

Best screen shot. ever.
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,805 Member
    edited September 2013
    DekrRini wrote:

@DekrRini
    @Songphon1999

My sim was diving at Pearl's Deep. I believe I was on the outer edge of the dive spot farthest away from the underwater cave. I use the collection helper to find underwater sealife so I was roaming around the lot when I literally came eyeball to yellow eyeball with a huge purple and green blob that took up most of the screen. I've spent hours and hours having my sims dive at Pearl's Deep because it's my favorite dive spot. I thought I caught a glimpse of the tentacles near the cave once, but wasn't sure. Now I am. I'm thinking the Kracken being at the dive spot might be tied to the fact that my houseboat is sitting over the spot--or very close to it. And the Kracken makes an appearance under the houseboat quite frequently. Now I'll spend as much time looking up searching for the Kracken as I do looking down searching for shells and underwater sealife. :)

Thanks for the detail!! I couldn't agree more with the whole houseboat sitting atop. I will definitely try that. I already had several sightings with it when I was sitting in the houseboat out on the sea (not at dock) for hours/days. So, I'll just do it over top of a dive spot. Thanks to everyone!!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The Kraken only appears when you own a houseboat then? Or am I misunderstanding here? Gonna buy one right away if that's the case :lol:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The Kracken only appears when you are sitting on a boat out in the middle of the ocean. If you're in anything other than a houseboat, there is a chance the Kracken will grab your boat, but a houseboat is safe. At some point, I always move my sim's houseboat to one of the dive spots. Usually Pearl's Deep because it's my favorite. It's not unusual to see the Kracken swim under my houseboat several times a day/night.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thank you, I'm going to try this :-)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TreetoptricksterTreetoptrickster Posts: 8
    edited September 2013
    Maybe you could make this happen, try getting the lifetime award that lets you control the kraken. Then get one of your sims to go scuba diving, have someone in your household boat out close up to the side of the dive lot and release the kraken! You might see him oull a ship under and everything! :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Just saw the Kracken again at Pearl's Deep and it was definitely swimming under my houseboat. I had seen a shadow of the houseboat earlier on the ocean floor so I know where it is in relation to the things in the dive spot. I was too slow again to catch a screenshot, but it looked just like Songphon's. Nothing like seeing a sea monster swimming through the kelp forest. :)