Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete a set

Comments

• Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited October 2014
    Burt- Ah~! Try putting a higher priced item on your list like the Sofa or the Love Seat that's the fastest way without buying it outright to drag it down far enough for that wonderful green button to appear. And the counters/overhead cabinets are gonna go a LONG way with me too, mixing and matching to make up some crazy new kitchens and editing some custom shops.

I'm no where near completing the whole India Inspirations sets though, sadly. I really need the 2-seater to finish the Living Room combo then all the female clothing I've got listed THEN I gotta get the Japanese Dining set. *swirly eyes* It's a LOT and all 'cause I want a greenhouse.

Edit: Thx to @KittyKat8103 for the Shoppe Counter but again my math is off, 92% done, 15 points yet shouldn't 35 minus 34 equal 1?!
    Post edited by Cynth220 on
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    edited October 2014
    Cynth220 wrote: »
    Edit: Thx to @KittyKat8103 for the Shoppe Counter but again my math is off, 92% done, 15 points yet shouldn't 35 minus 34 equal 1?!

@Cynth220 That's not how a CYS price is calculated. You only get a discount equal to 90% of the worth of the items you own and an additional 10% of the set price, if you own any items at all. At some point in this equation there is also some rounding up taking place as CYS prices are always a multiple of 5 points. So at the very least the final price is rounded to the nearest 5 points and a CYS price of 1 point is impossible.

I believe there is also some rounding happening when the 90% of the price for all the items you own is calculated, because an item with the same price will not always drop the price of a set by the same amount. So all the prices for the items you own are probably added up, maybe already rounded up to the nearest five points then, and 90% of that sum (which might be rounded again) is subtracted from the already reduced by 10% set price.
  • Options
    awellenbl wrote: »

@Cynth220 That's not how a CYS price is calculated. You only get a discount equal to 90% of the worth of the items you own and an additional 10% of the set price, if you own any items at all. At some point in this equation there is also some rounding up taking place as CYS prices are always a multiple of 5 points. So at the very least the final price is rounded to the nearest 5 points and a CYS price of 1 point is impossible.

I believe there is also some rounding happening when the 90% of the price for all the items you own is calculated, because an item with the same price will not always drop the price of a set by the same amount. So all the prices for the items you own are probably added, up maybe already rounded up to the nearest five points then, and 90% of that sum (which might be rounded again) is subtracted from the already reduced by 10% set price.

-.-' Oh great. I hate CYS math. It makes things so much harder than they need to be.
  • Options
    burtnickburtnick Posts: 489 Member
    @KittyKat8103 - thank you so much for the Romantique coffee table! I will remember to get you back once I have a little spending money. The set is at 240 SP now. :)
  • Options
    I know this is about asking for gifts and saying thx for them but can someone help me real quick? I dunno how to use the stackable columns that is the Color Me Chimney set from Brunch at the Old Mill. How do you get smoke to come out of them and make it look like that's the chimney and not what came with a fireplace?
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    You are welcome @Cynth220 and @burtnick :)
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks, @KittyKat8104, for the chair; the set is down to around 200 now; much closer!

Went ahead and bought the set before the sale ended, and now looking for stuff from Happily Ever After and Faire Folk Slumber and Den.
    Post edited by LadyGreenEyes on
  • Options
    Carmen0908Carmen0908 Posts: 2,721 Member
    Thank you @KittyKat8104 for the Storybook Dining Table :-) Does anyone know what time the Sales page changes?
    carmen4s.jpg
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Carmen0908 wrote: »
    Thank you @KittyKat8104 for the Storybook Dining Table :-) Does anyone know what time the Sales page changes?

If they don't decided to change it suddenly, after 16.00 UTC, so in about 6 and a half hours
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Thank you to @KittyKat8103 for assisting me with the furry fence, and @front360 for an amazing six Animals Abound items plus the scary statue!!!! I am so amazed that you would gift me that many items! That bought the Animals Abound Playground set down to only 25points! Now I'm waiting to see if this comes on sale tomorrow. The Tip Top collection only looks like it's down to 2,000-ish points - will this change when I get the last item (#3 on my list)? Or will I need to collect something else as well?

I got the Goth Office set for 300 points but the next in the list, with the Living Room, is still 40 points! What happened? If anyone wants to gift that, I have put one item worth 41 points on my list and it is #1.

Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=MayaRose1138

• Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    edited October 2014
    @MayaRose1138
    If the playground glitch works for you, finishing the playground will finish the Tip Top Collection. However it's not really supposed to and unfortunately the glitch doesn't happen for everybody. So it might be free, but if the glitch doesn't work it will stay well above a thousand points. Fingers crossed that it will happen for you.

And the Goth cascade doesn't really work anymore, because of price changes. So sadly it's normal that the Living Room set isn't free after buying the Office set.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @carmen0908 It's usually changed at 8am PDT so depending on what time zone your in, you still have a LOT of time.

And apparently my question got missed: How does one go about getting smoke to come out of the Color Me Chimney pieces once they're set into place?

Edit: PS, ty to @JACKIEMALEK2 for the Shoppe Overhead Cabinet overnight. I can FINALLY move onto the India Inspirations sets now that the Full Storybook set is finished. (Though I am hoping for a good deal on them since the Weekly sale is set to change. Fingers crossed!)
  • Options
    awellenbl wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138
    If the playground glitch works for you, finishing the playground will finish the Tip Top Collection. However it's not really supposed to and unfortunately the glitch doesn't happen for everybody. So it might be free, but if the glitch doesn't work it will stay well above a thousand points. Fingers crossed that it will happen for you.

And the Goth cascade doesn't really work anymore, because of price changes. So sadly it's normal that the Living Room set isn't free after buying the Office set.

I had the Goth cascade work, mostly, within the last couple of weeks. I bought the statue, and the price was 325, instead of the 370 stated (might have been a minor sale, can't recall), then the next, instead of free, was 40 points, which made the total 365. The rest fell free just as the description stated it should, so it worked out pretty well. I hadn't planned on getting much of that stuff, though another family member wanted it, but when all was just a little over the Multi Tab price, it was too good a deal to pass.

For the Tip Top Collection, I think I posted how that one fell for me some way back in the thread. I did have pieces here and there from the other sets, though, which would affect the outcome.

I know a lot of sets that would have been free before after a point aren't now, though, which is annoying! 80% and better, you'd think would be free, but some, even with a DD sale, still haven't been! It's bizarre.
  • Options
    @Cynth220 - for the chimney pieces, I haven't used them myself yet (just little to no time to actually play lately), but I know one way that should work. When removing the normal chimney, save the top piece, where the smoke comes out, and use "moveObjects on" to place it inside the recolorable pieces, near the top, and you should have smoke. That's the only section you need for the smoke effect. I have done that in the past when building fake chimneys, before we had the new recolorable ones, and that works pretty well. Hopefully, it will be able to blend in enough. Sticking it into a wider section a little low, off the grid, should work out. Will have to try it myself.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @LadyGreenEyes Oh~! The Chimney cap?! TY! I've been wondering for AGES! And is anyone else confused by the Weekly specials not ticking over yet? I mean, it's great for a lot of us 'cause the items up are what we want (Me it's the SwiftGro Gardening Station) but still, shouldn't it have switched by now or did they fall back and we get an extra hour out of it?

P.s: I got my game going now so I'll test and let you know!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @Cynth220 - You are welcome! I found that tip on a forum someplace, when I was determined not to have red brick chimneys on a stone house. For the "build-it-yourself" sort, it worked fine, so it ought to on the recolorable ones as well. The sales have switched for me, but no idea WHEN they did, since I hadn't checked them today till literally just now. Time to see if anything is a good deal!

Oh, nice; the Happily Ever After set is on sale! If anyone wants to help get that price down this week, so the price isn't in the hundreds, that would be awesome!
    Post edited by LadyGreenEyes on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @LadyGreenEyes I guess it goes by time zone and the weekly sales ticked for me, and even though I'd rather it was a girl's outfit there's one from the Indian Inspirations set up!

OMG~! I just looked at the DD and in 3+ hours the Stones Throw Greenhouse is gonna be up! If only I could afford it!!!!!! :disappointed: That would take a MASSIVE chunk of the Best of out of the way, maybe even drag it down below 2k points.

Edit: The chimney cap's gotta be on the same level as the smoke stacks otherwise it won't work.
  • Options
    tombwritertombwriter Posts: 601 Member
    edited October 2014
    hey everyone, im working on two sets that are currently on sale. im working on the One With Nature set, as well as the Happily Ever After Set.

both sets are currently 75% and 80% completed ... so i listed the items needed #1-#7 on my wishlist and theyre ALL priced between 25sp and 34sp

ANY sort of help will be greatly appreciated ... THANK YOU in advance!

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=tombwriter

thank you again, front360, for sending me 7 gifts!!! :)
    Post edited by tombwriter on
    Why, yes! I do OWN the store! B)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    *fist pump* Bengal Silk top up on the DD in 3+ hours, Stones Throw Greenhouse up in just over an hour on the DD, Thx to @JACKIEMALEK2 for the Shoppe Cabinet (Overhead double sided), knocking the Full Storybook set off my wishlist. Now, if only I could actually buy points...*rubs face*
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    DaleyettonDaleyetton Posts: 110 Member
    Glad I could help folks, trying to give back a little for all the help people gave me during my "issues" with buying simpoints.

Anyway, now the sale page has updated I am working on the hipster loft (items 1 - 20). Currently at 37% and am hoping to get the price down to below 200sp.

Cheers
    Simon
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Daleyetton
  • Options
    @LadyGreenEyes I guess it goes by time zone and the weekly sales ticked for me, and even though I'd rather it was a girl's outfit there's one from the Indian Inspirations set up!

OMG~! I just looked at the DD and in 3+ hours the Stones Throw Greenhouse is gonna be up! If only I could afford it!!!!!! :disappointed: That would take a MASSIVE chunk of the Best of out of the way, maybe even drag it down below 2k points.

Edit: The chimney cap's gotta be on the same level as the smoke stacks otherwise it won't work.

At least it can get the price down! I love seeing things I want on sale, though lately, it's more things I already have!

Good to know about the chimney! least it still works. :smile:

• Options
    CainMarkoCainMarko Posts: 55 Member
    Thank you for the sets of shoes @tombwriter, it was a pleasant surprise to find them waiting for me. I had just started the Victorian Fashions set and I'm now at 4%. My Wishlist

I saw the May 2012 coming up on DD and got up at 4am to see if it was worth it. Since I had the OMG collection it was free so I think it was. Then when the Street Couture came up a little later it was only 85 so I grabbed that set too. They should put these deals on when I can get them easily. I hate sleeping through what could be a great one but can't get up all the time.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    @LadyGreenEyes *nods* Lately it's been stuff I've already got/don't want with the exception of the Bengal Silk Crop Top, which leads me into a huge TY to @trithone for the India Inspirations Silk Chiffon shirt!

Edit: Okay someone figure this CAS math out for me plz! The Silk Chiffon shirt was 41 points, making my CAS 2%, the rest f my wishlist/wants are as follows points wise (many multiples): 41, 45, 50, 51, 61, 75 all female clothing btw. (I'm not terribly good at math, just +, _, x and that's it.)

Edit 2: WOW! got busy reading and playing around and I look at my wishlist again to discover @CainMarko gifted me the Modern Evening Sari! Thx~! (that moved the Clothing and hairstyles up to 6%)
    Post edited by Cynth220 on
  • Options
    @babay_j - Love the window, and hubby says, "Thanks" as well!

@Cynth220 - The top is a pretty one, for certain. The CYS discount is complicated. This page - simsdailydeals.proboards.com/thread/18/daily-deal-stalker-important-information has a helpful formula. Basically, add up the total cost of items, multiply that by .9, and then take that total off of .9 of the set cost. That result should be the set price with the discount. The first item takes off more, however, and should ALWAYS be the cheapest if you are buying it. For that one, you take off 10% of the set price, less 10% of that item's cost, as an additional discount on the set. It's kind of a pain to calculate, but workable.