Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems with Bayside Kitchen cabinets and counters

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:16995

I've had this kitchen for a while but just tried to use it today. There are some annoying issues with this kitchen set. The cabinets and counters come in 3 wood color choices. When you select the second or third color choice, then try to place another next to it, it reverts to the default wood color instead of the one you selected.
Also they are not CAS-able. You can't recolor them once they are placed. Sometimes you can get the cabinets and counters to all be the color you want, but as soon as you go to live mode, some or all of them change to the default color.

There are a lot of good items in this set. It's the wood items that are messed up - cabinets, counters, island, book case and bathroom sink cabinet. Anything in the set that is NOT wood, is ok.

Comments

• Options
    ObviouSecretObviouSecret Posts: 233 Member
    edited August 2013
    The Haute Hacienda island counter does this for me, too.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited August 2013
    ALL Store Counters do that, been like that since day one.

You just have to drag the CAS of the color of one of the counters you want and you should be fine.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2013
    I recolor them with no problem - but you have to do it one at a time. As long as you don't move them they will stay the right color. Like Azn said they have always been like that. They were some of the earlier sets out. We've all learned to work with them as now 4 years later they have not been fixed we just assume they can't be

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes, sometimes I have too those problems (for long time) with my Store counters (and cabinets too). Those are changing color how they want. Sometimes choosing another CAS style helps, sometimes it becomes not CAStable (impossible to change style) and I have to delete it and replace with new item from build-buy catalog.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).