Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build buy will be worth waiting for....

I hate that I can't tell what we saw today..truly...I know it is frustrating as heck. It is to me as we'll. I really wanted to get answers to the burning questions...and share them. But I have to follow the rules.

What I can tell you is that I was genuinely excited by what I saw as a builder and as a player. This is a whole new engine and there is a lot that has been done. Even though I can't tell you specifics..I can say I am reassured. Once the embargo is lifted..perhaps you will be as well.

Comments

• Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hahaha, there are SO many things I want to ask XD Is there CASt? Is there still a wall tool? curved walls? eep!

I know "September" is the lift... are you allowed to say when in September? :P
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited August 2013
    Man. it's going to be a long wait for me :-) .
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yeah..sept 11...can't wait
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited August 2013
    oh cool :D something new to put into my countdown calendar. Thank you :)
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I know. Sept 11th is the date we will be learning new information regarding it and other things? Look forward to it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sorry, I don't mean to upset anyone :-) .
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2013
    It is very exciting and lots of things we'll love... a few we might miss but overall I was impressed too. :shock:
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    It is very exciting and lots of things we'll love... a few we might miss but overall I was impressed too. :shock:

Ok, just tell me something Rflong, do you like it ?

I know your concern based on your posts in this forum. Just few days ago before the simscamp started, you were a bit disappointed with TS4. If you are excited now and like it then I think I can hold my breath for good news :D .
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:

Oh, Rflong7, I was so hoping you would hurry home and answer all those questions we asked in your thread about what did we want to know. :cry:

I will take your word for it, since you are a wonderful builder, world creator, but waiting another month isn't fun EA, to find out if we can build basements the 'old way' with windows and doors outside etc.

This cat and mouse game they are playing is kinda gettig old already.

Thanks Rflong! When you can 'allowed' please come back and answer all those questions, Have fun! I bet it is all very exciting to see a new game and meet other players!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    edited August 2013
    This is a reassuring post, thanks ruthless_kk, just wish we didn't have to wait so long until the embargo's lifted.

E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited August 2013
    Susiechan wrote:
    September 11 eh ???

Hopefully it doesn't have the same reaction as September 11 did.

Be careful EA, you may get what you don't wish for...

img

That's a little uncalled for and insensitive, don't you think?
    I don't think that's the kind of thing to take lightly.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yeah..sept 11...can't wait

Are you kidding me? They used THAT date? OMG, well, at least we won't forget it. :roll:

On topic, Thank you ruthless_kk, I love your work and your statement is very reassuring. There are some pictures floating around that show sims with stupid expressions, ie; crossed eyes, flat 2d graphics. Are you satisfied with the graphics you are seeing?
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2013
    That's all I need to know.
    I trust your opinion. :-)

If the graphics are upped in graphic quality and CASt is put in, I will be fine with the creative side of the game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Susiechan wrote:
    September 11 eh ???

img

Now that you mentioned it, I think it did.

Thanks for reminding me though.

I'm just wondering why on earth EA chose THAT date.
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited August 2013
    Susiechan wrote:
    Susiechan wrote:
    September 11 eh ???

img

Now that you mentioned it, I think it did.

Thanks for reminding me though.

I'm just wondering why on earth EA chose THAT date.

Maybe because 9/11 doesn't affect us all. It's only really huge in America still.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited August 2013
    EuanSim wrote:
    Maybe because 9/11 doesn't affect us all. It's only really huge in America still.

I don't think this is the right place to discuss such things, but you are flat out WRONG. Just ask anyone in Yemen if they are no longer affected by 9/11 and they'll tell you all about the effects of drone strikes and this endless war on terror :roll: Plus, if you don't feel something when you see images and hear people talk of that day, then you are seriously lacking many important aspects of humanity.

Back on topic, I am pretty excited about learning more about the build/buy mode. I understand the regular wall tool is still available, right? So we can use the new way of building or the way that we're used to, or a mix of both? And new roofing tools sound pretty exciting. I can't wait till the embargo is lifted 8)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Landerlady12Landerlady12 Posts: 381 Member
    edited August 2013
    CK213 wrote:

If the graphics are upped in graphic quality and CASt is put in, I will be fine with the creative side of the game.

I agree with CK! If the graphic quality is upped for the houses and the furniture and CASt is put in, then I'll be fine with the creative side of the game too :)

I trust your opinions though since you are a builder :) Thanks for the reassurance :)
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited August 2013
    Interesting, so they are actually impressed with the new tools, which hopefully means they didn't take away my old toys :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited August 2013
    I look forward to the information then. September 11th isn't really that far away. :) Oh and to those who are questioning why EA chose that date, if we stopped doing everything on September 11th then the terrorists won. On that day we should be respectful of the dead and their families, yet also celebrate life by doing normal life.
  • Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

Oh, Rflong7, I was so hoping you would hurry home and answer all those questions we asked in your thread about what did we want to know. :cry:

I will take your word for it, since you are a wonderful builder, world creator, but waiting another month isn't fun EA, to find out if we can build basements the 'old way' with windows and doors outside etc.

This cat and mouse game they are playing is kinda gettig old already.

Thanks Rflong! When you can 'allowed' please come back and answer all those questions, Have fun! I bet it is all very exciting to see a new game and meet other players!

I agree! :)
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for that info :D