Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 at EA Press Conference - Discussion Thread - Gifting Over!

Comments

• Options
    Littlezeller1Littlezeller1 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    8) 8) 8) :P :P :lol::lol: :oops: :!: :!awsome :P :P :P :P :wink: :roll: :oops: 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::D:) :-) :shock: :shock: :shock: :-o :D:mrgreen: :oops: :roll: 8) :P :lol: :hunf: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :idea:
  • Options
    Cutsiepie6Cutsiepie6 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I thought the trailer was cool seems like it made the game easier as far as building and creating your sim
  • Options
    ChloeJ089ChloeJ089 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I thought it was kind of cool..the trailer
  • Options
    profiling2002profiling2002 Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    The sims 4 looks amazing, and the addition of emotions will make the experience all that much more enjoyable. I cannot wait. All Hail the Sims
  • Options
    profiling2002profiling2002 Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if the sims 4 will eventually me more extensive than the current version...And I hope that future trailers will reveal more advances. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cartoy8cartoy8 Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Greenb70 wrote:
    I am so exsided for the sims4 for I think EA did perfect with this but I think they should of made it look life like.
    :)I really want to get the sims4 for. :D
  • Options
    colasimscolasims Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    CAS looks very interesting. I like how you can "pull" on body areas to get the desired look.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The game looks pretty good so far, but I want to see what traits you can have for create a sim. So far there isn't anything that really makes me want to buy it, but I see potential in this game .I just want a really cool feature I can use without waiting for the next expansion pack. The sims 3 was done very well because of all of the features they added. Because of this, I could wait a pretty long time without an expansion. I just hope it's the same with the sims 4.:)
  • Options
    llynnyiallynnyia Posts: 2,251 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Super plastic-y, 72 crayon box colored that and that alone says no absolutely not. I have played sims since the very first and in sims 3 alone I have spent nearly $1000USD so sorry if I dont want a game that goes backwards in graphics. Then you tell us no CASt meaning I cant chose textured colors... ya not going to fly.I am a builder so very much not going to fly.

The only cool thing I have seen is the ability to stretch/heft areas of the bodies and that effecting the way they walk very ... Spore.
  • Options
    SilenTiasSilenTias Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Just watched The Sims 4 trailer - it looks great ! the new features and way of doing things. I can't wait to create an ever more detailed Sim and with a shake! hehe :) :P
  • Options
    ochopsochops Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    I actually want to see more new content that would be in the game instead of just improved features
  • Options
    Mia_boobooMia_booboo Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    it was okay, not the greatest.
  • Options
    Daniboy12roxDaniboy12rox Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    I love the Sims but i really think if they made the Sims 4 a little more realistic and allowed us to have more control over our Sims and their world they would hit the nail right on the head. i would love to be able to see our Sims actually go to work and interact with others while working. it would be awesome if we could have to option to pursue a self-employed career like running a car dealership. like the sims 2 open for business. it would love to see more career options. you need to incorporate sims 2 and 3 into sims4. by making things a little more realistic i mean... for example in the sims 3 if you drive your car to a venue or something when you get there the car automatically just appears in its spot???? in the sims 2 they would do the whole process of getting into a car like a human would and parking it or driving it. it would be cool if sims have to get their license at driving school in order to drive. what about include random events like car crashes? the better the car the more chance the sim has of surviving? what about if your sim does bad at driving school they are just bad drivers and get involved in crashes or prang the car at the parking lot.i also hate the way the sims drive how they take sharp tunrs fast. if we did that everybody would roll their cars! don't get me wrong i am soooooooo excited that they are making a new sims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    oyedeji123oyedeji123 Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    i looooove this new one it more fun and it looks more realistic i just can't wait for it to come out :lol:
  • Options
    oyedeji123oyedeji123 Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    i wish we can control our sims buy using the keyboard keys and the mouse like you could actually make em walk around by controlling them urself and they make them do stuff themselves more often.
  • Options
    KickTheGnomeKickTheGnome Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2013
    It feels like a bit of sims 2 (with the aliens) added to sims 3- perfect combination! Quality of sims is good as well, and seems more realistic in terms of actions and traits. Trailer doesn't really show much of the Sims 4 due to the people, but I'm sure the game itself will make up for this. Overall will be buying it.
  • Options
    Yoshikawa4uYoshikawa4u Posts: 14
    edited August 2013
    this game doesn't really "wow" me for $70 and because it looks like a cartoon.
  • Options
    moonlight224moonlight224 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    i want to see a trailer of everything thats happening in sims 4 like babys to young adults.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited August 2013
    I did not like the arrival trailer. It said nothing about the sims 4 other than "they're here". 3/4 of the arrival trailer did not even show the sims. And why did the sims drop from the sky like aliens??? In terms of the gameplay video, I am intrigued with the idea of emotions effecting sims later in life and having an impact on their actions. However, if this is the "big new thing" for sims 4, it is a huuuuuge disappointment because sims 3 did have emotions. They cried, they laughed, they got angry. Now with sims 4 these emotions are more easily expressed on sims faces and impacts their actions. Better, but not a huge stretch from sims 3. I know what EA is capable of and they did not step up to plate on this one.
  • Options
    seanman199seanman199 Posts: 32 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ok I really found it pretty lame with animations and house building
    Not getting it some things are good like cas and the streets and
    Emotions
  • Options
    PandahatzzzPandahatzzz Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    IT WAS SO AMAZING I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA BREAK OUT IN SONG AND SCREAM AROUND MY HOUSE! not that I didn't actually do that.... but you know what I mean xD :lol:
  • Options
    yogibear0521yogibear0521 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I think the trailer was so adorable! EA did a really good job and I think that I think it of told a story line which was really great. I definitely think I would preorder this game!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    AaliyahAdriennAaliyahAdrienn Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    :roll: :lol::(:D:mrgreen: The Sims 4 sims like its gonna be fun but the sims look ugy i like the way the sims 3 people look sorry but i guess there will be more exciting things on there i hope cant wait till it comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:) 8) :roll: :wink::D :-) :mrgreen: :shock: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
  • Options
    Blue9iteBlue9ite Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    I watched the Arrival teaser and was excited.

Then I watched the gameplay video and was very disappointed. The Arrival teaser didn't have anything related to the actual gameplay video. It didn't give hints of new features that might be included in the game.

The gameplay looks really plain too...just a few new features. It's got similar gameplay to Sims 3 but with different design and concepts.

Maxis & EA have got a big challenge ahead of them for Sims 4. Sims 3 introduced a whole new gameplay (live neighborhood). I wonder what Sims 4 will focus on?
  • Options
    LIONELNULIONELNU Posts: 33 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I have been playing The Sims since the original. Sims 3 was the buggiest and the slowest to load and sometimes you would have everything freeze for a few seconds. Why I am saying this is because EA has said that Sims 4 is going to be able to run on slower computers I am luckier than a lot of other people I am retired my hobby is my computer so I have a i7-3770 CPU, 16GB of ram, running windows 7 64 bit and I have a SSD also my Graphics card is Nvidia GE Force GTX660 which is no slouch. My computer loads up the operating system in 8 seconds when I want to play Sims 3 it takes about 5 minutes to load. I have Skyrum, Fallout games and they are also big games but they only take them about 10 to 30 Seconds to load. I will wait about 12 to 18 months to see how it goes, by that time EA might have some of the bugs out off the game. Surely they have learnt how to produce a good game by, I guess we will have to wait and see.