Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Looks Horrible!

OMG I have just seen the leaked images and the graphics look worse than The Sims 2 or 3! It looks like something off of SimsSocial. I am so shocked right now.

Comments

• Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes, they are worse than TS2 ones :lol: Obviously...

MTS_Sleepy-Genius-1383690-tumblr_inline_mrk3e7wbMo1qz4rgp.jpg
  • Options
    thiswebsitesuxthiswebsitesux Posts: 208 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hate them. I really do.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2013
    Cali we finally agree about something. :mrgreen: I think the cartoony look is even worse than TS2's cartoony look,personally. The rendering of of the Sim Urosh just put up is not how the Sim looks in the game if those leaked pictures are actually screen shots.

It looks the Sim in CAS may actually look better in CAS and worse in game. :cry: Just like TS3 did.

I can't help but see Sim Social/Free to Play game style all over this game..and 'that' I am not happy about. Even the house with the background houses that are tudors look fake...it looks like the house (very modern open) is a 'shell' and those houses and the big clock in the background is nothing more than 'added' background we were promised in the new world features...and not real....or I mean playable...

The Sim has shiny hair, blunt, flat colors,no textures..and it just says Sim Social..all over it. Furniture looks flat...no bump mapping...no textures...heck P. Kelly's leaked demo as far as furniture was concerned looked better than some of these leaked photos.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,438 Member
    edited August 2013
    They haven't been polished yet.
  • Options
    Chocoholic_GurlChocoholic_Gurl Posts: 72 Member
    edited August 2013
    I would take them over TS3 sims any day, but for the most part I think they're "meh". Can't wait to see the trailer to see how they act tho.
  • Options
    Neosquid30Neosquid30 Posts: 67
    edited August 2013
    The graphics look fine, it is the style that looks weird, and I agree. It does look too cartoonish.
  • Options
    auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    edited August 2013
    They are way better than Sims 3.
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2013
    I disagree completely Cali.

The Sims' are just as I expected, and I love their look. But, to me Graphics aren't everything. Graphics don't make a game. They may look awful to you, sure, but the CAS System, the Expressions, the World, EVERYTHING...

I love how it looks and I love everything about it. I can't wait for Games-Con so we can finally get some more information.
    And don't worry Cali, CC will obviously come to the rescue! :thumbup:
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    jvilla0713jvilla0713 Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2013
    How does it look like Sims Social? I don't see that AT ALL. The build mode reminds me of a cross between TS2 & TS3... In terms of Sim rendering, compared to previous versions, it's a vast improvement. It doesn't get more "cartoonish" than Sims 2.

I'll hold my criticism until I see the finished product.
    2dkbxgx.png
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited August 2013
    jvilla0713 wrote:
    How does it look like Sims Social? I don't see that AT ALL. The build mode reminds me of a cross between TS2 & TS3... In terms of Sim rendering, compared to previous versions, it's a vast improvement. It doesn't get more "cartoonish" than Sims 2.

I'll hold my criticism until I see the finished product.

This. I think the Graphic style is just wat i wished for.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    Ingridtk5Ingridtk5 Posts: 112 Member
    edited August 2013
    I actually think the faces are very nice. Much more attractive than TS3's "pudding" faces. I am already starting to imagine them with cc- I imagine they will look really good.

I will agree on the hair though, I don't like it, it just looks unappealing to me.
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited August 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:

The faces are better, but the hair and clothing reminds me of plastic actionfigures :roll: I mean, this could almost be a 3d representation of a doll with plastic hair. Doesn't even look like a game! :O

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited August 2013
    Fordee09 wrote:

The Sims' are just as I expected, and I love their look. But, to me Graphics aren't everything. Graphics don't make a game. They may look awful to you, sure, but the CAS System, the Expressions, the World, EVERYTHING...

I love how it looks and I love everything about it. I can't wait for Games-Con so we can finally get some more information.
    I couldn't agree more.

I like the graphics. It's just a different style, just like the plumbobs and logos, they're going with a more simplified and modern style, which is what everyone seems to be going for nowadays.

And if these graphics are what it takes to have deeper Sims and overall better gameplay, I'm all for them.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2013
    The hair will take me some time to get used to. I don't love it, but I guess they were just going for a different style. That aside, I think that there is something very cute and charming about the new Sims and I love how expressive they are. Hopefully, that expressiveness translates well into the actual gameplay. I'll have to see them animated and see how they react to each other and their environment before I can form my final opinion, though. I think that if the gameplay is as endearing as the characters seem to be, then I may be sold on it.

S05.png
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited August 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Fordee09 wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

I like the graphics. It's just a different style, just like the plumbobs and logos, they're going with a more simplified and modern style, which is what everyone seems to be going for nowadays.

And if these graphics are what it takes to have deeper Sims and overall better gameplay, I'm all for them.

This, this, this, this, this :mrgreen:

It's funny how last 4 years most were saying how EA should focus on gameplay, and when they do, they start saying that EA should focus on graphics. Make up your mind, people. Either you get a shiny useless game, or a good game look the way it does. :)
  • Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited August 2013
    Where did this picture come from?

Like others have said, I want to see the final product before I can judge if I like them or not.
  • Options
    jvilla0713jvilla0713 Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Fordee09 wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Thank you, I've said it time and time again. I will take cartoony sims over realistic sims if this means better gameplay and more personality for my sims.
    2dkbxgx.png
  • Options
    becciburtbecciburt Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited August 2013
    They really do look like they have came straight from the Sims Social. Do not like AT ALL!
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited August 2013
    I do like the art style they chose this time compared to TS3. I wanted more realistic sims too but these sims are growing on me. However, they definitely need to be polished up before release, especially the hair and the textures on the actual sims. Other than that, they may have potential... so we will see next week. I'm looking forward to seeing what they really look like in live gameplay.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited August 2013
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    The hair will take me some time to get used to. I don't love it, but I guess they were just going for a different style. That aside, I think that there is something very cute and charming about the new Sims and I love how expressive they are. Hopefully, that expressiveness translates well into the actual gameplay. I'll have to see them animated and see how they react to each other and their environment before I can form my final opinion, though. I think that if the gameplay is as endearing as the characters seem to be, then I may be sold on it.

S05.png

This.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited August 2013
    They look exactly the same, you've figured it all out! :-o
    HeroImage-1.jpg
    2pz2.jpg

No really, they couldn't be more different. :roll:
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited August 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:

Wow, I never realized how inhuman TS3 Sims looked until just now with that comparison. I'm kind of grossed-out by them, to be honest.

I personally think the new style is great. I'm more or less neutral on the hair - it could be better, but it suits the style that they're going for, so I can shrug it off.
  • Options
    minimoviemakerminimoviemaker Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    OMG I have just seen the leaked images and the graphics look worse than The Sims 2 or 3! It looks like something off of SimsSocial. I am so shocked right now.

ea said they are not going to look like that type in sims wiki the u will see search in there type in sims4 go down u see how they look like now :mrgreen:
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think the sims 4 EYES are a huge improvement. Just look at the eyes and the area around the eyes.

When I see that sims 2 sim I just cringe. But the sims 2 had the ability to take them into CAS and Really improve on their looks, at least for me. And then all that custom content sure helped too! Even before I downloaded cc I could make my sims 2 sims look much better and different than That , especially with Just cc eyes.
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited August 2013
    god it looks like the Sims 2...nope i am done!