Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DLC Compatibility Alert (resolved)

Comments

• Options
    Lucy88Lucy88 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I also nearly clicked uninstalled, but decided to search it just in case. Thank-you so much for saving me the hassle of reinstalling! :D
  • Options
    Carmen0908Carmen0908 Posts: 2,721 Member
    edited October 2013
    Whew! Thank goodness I decided to search this first. Thanks a ton for the information :D
    carmen4s.jpg
  • Options
    catloverandersoncatloveranderson Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Thank you sooo much!! :D
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited October 2013
    Whew :XD: That was close...Thanks for the info! I was about to uninstall everything...
  • Options
    EmaranthEmaranth Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I felt like crying when I saw I'd have to uninstall all my games installed on my computer from discs just to match the compatability error for origin. Thank you so much for answering this question. Saved my sanity.
  • Options
    dideardsdideards Posts: 10 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I wish I had seen this earlier myself. I uninstalled Sims 3 base game because I purchased Master Suite and Town Life. I re installed it and did the updates. Now it goes to Island Paradise fine, but when I click on my family to start my old game It loads this screen I have never seen before showing you pictures of different stuff and expansion packs. It loads to about 99% and then stops. I have tried about 5 times to let it finish and nothing happens. I'm pretty PO'd. I should never have followed what Origin recommended. I'm not sure what to do now. :cry:
  • Options
    Matt6Matt6 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited October 2013
    This is a problem. I downloaded University and High End Loft Stuff, but I tried fixing it myself. I actually uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, then when I try playing, my computer freezes. I tried relocating the files to Origin games, still didn't work, I tried uninstalling all expansion packs and everything in between. I have just about tried everything and now I've probably broken a folder or something. I don't know what I have done, but my computer still freezes every time I try launching the .exe.

Please help!!!
  • Options
    nullmatrixnullmatrix Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Thx for the info it worked
  • Options
    DreDizzleDreDizzle Posts: 50 Member
    edited October 2013
    Another THANK YOU! I just clicked download for Into The Future in Origin and got the same DLC Compatibility alert, really didn't want to have to uninstall!
    My Sims 3 Story Blog: https://simasota.blogspot.com
  • Options
    privateer3privateer3 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Well, I didn't know this and did exactly what it said, and it hosed my entire game. I can't even start the launcher anymore it errors out with a Windows error.

I don't know what to do. I can't find the base game dvd anymore. If I download it from the origin app (Sims 3 base game) it is corrupted and won't run.

I guess I'm just not going to be able to play the game anymore.
  • Options
    Spasim12Spasim12 Posts: 48 Member
    edited October 2013
    I received the DLC compatibility alert when I tried to download ITF. I followed Nickaedemus instructions and downloaded the game by clicking on the 'i' for the game on Origin. It loaded without problems. BUT, when I tried to play ITF, my launcher starts correctly. It then stops with a black screen and a spinning circle. I tried leaving this run for 20 minutes without any response. The task manager states the launcher was not responding. I have to stop the launcher to get out of the black screen. I know very little about computers and would appreciate some guidance.
  • Options
    PyraSanadaPyraSanada Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you so much! I was about to start screaming. Just downloaded the Future expansion and kept getting the same error message!
  • Options
    emilypaigeransonemilypaigeranson Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Mine does exactly what privateer3 said. I have no clue on what to do. :(
  • Options
    kristelmassey73kristelmassey73 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you SOOOOO much for posting this solution. I was about to have a fit. I knew there was something off about the message, because I've installed all of the previous expansion packs without receiving this error, so for it to show up suddenly for Into the Future made no sense. Again, thank you!!
  • Options
    siren713siren713 Posts: 12
    edited October 2013
    privateer3 wrote:
    Well, I didn't know this and did exactly what it said, and it hosed my entire game. I can't even start the launcher anymore it errors out with a Windows error.

I don't know what to do. I can't find the base game dvd anymore. If I download it from the origin app (Sims 3 base game) it is corrupted and won't run.

I guess I'm just not going to be able to play the game anymore.

I am having the same exact problem. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix the problem?? Please help, I miss my sims.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2013
    Would be helpful to know what error you're getting exactly.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    siren713siren713 Posts: 12
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Would be helpful to know what error you're getting exactly.

Thank you crinrict for responding so quickly, but I was finally able to track down the right manual super-patch and it is fixed now.
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    edited November 2013
    Okay, in case anyone has this problem, I've found the solution. In Origin, do not click on the "download" button, click on the "i" (information) button. It takes you to another window and you have the option to download from there. Worked like a charm. :P

Thank you so much! Misplaced my Into the Future disk and this saved me! :)
  • Options
    sbruin99sbruin99 Posts: 12
    edited November 2013
    Thank you SO SO SO much for posting this!!!! You just saved me so much grief!
  • Options
    EpicDreamz3EpicDreamz3 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Okay, in case anyone has this problem, I've found the solution. In Origin, do not click on the "download" button, click on the "i" (information) button. It takes you to another window and you have the option to download from there. Worked like a charm. :P

:mrgreen: SO glad I came across this thread...tried to download digital version of island paradise on origin...10 Hours!! I canceled and clicked the "i" download option and now its at 5 hrs and loading a little faster. I dont understand why there's two different download buttons :? THank you!
  • Options
    GirlSim94GirlSim94 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2013

AH

Thank you! I was really stuck on this, and your solution worked.
  • Options
    Mrstiddles123Mrstiddles123 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    i dont like the sims 4 :twisted:
  • Options
    lauriexlauriex Posts: 28 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks so much for this info!!!!!!
  • Options
    badgyrl_310badgyrl_310 Posts: 198 Member
    edited November 2013
    Well, I wish I came across this earlier. :roll: I went ahead and uninstalled, then reinstalled from origin. When I tried to install Into the Future, I get a message saying "Please use the Sims 3 Launcher and update your version of The Sims 3 before installing this product". I tried to open the launcher through the task manager and couldn't even find it. I'm not a computer expert or anything and don't want to do anything to mess up my laptop, I already have issues with the cooling fan which is a separate issue altogether. What do I do? How do I open the launcher? Should I uninstall, then reinstall the base game again using the disc? (fortunately I still have it, I hold on to all my discs just in case) Any help here is appreciated.
  • Options
    badgyrl_310badgyrl_310 Posts: 198 Member
    edited November 2013
    bump

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top