Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DLC Compatibility Alert (resolved)

Comments

• thatjoshguy87thatjoshguy87 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Thank you!!
  • ScootKJScootKJ Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Thank you SOOOO much!!! I might have ruined my game if it wasn't for you!! You have made my day :D
  • DrinabugDrinabug Posts: 469 Member
    edited November 2013
    I wish I would have seen this earlier after I uninstalled then reinstalled I went to play the game and none of my expansions are working no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall them. Anybody know how to fix this?
  • blairhawkeblairhawke Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Thank you so much. Just got University Life and Island Paradise on sale. University downloaded and installed with no issue but I got this on Paradise. Really didn't want to uninstall and reinstall everything.
  • alliehuealliehue Posts: 16 Member
    edited December 2013
    Okay, in case anyone has this problem, I've found the solution. In Origin, do not click on the "download" button, click on the "i" (information) button. It takes you to another window and you have the option to download from there. Worked like a charm. :P

Praise The Lord! You my friend, are a true God Send. I nearly had a heart attack when I read the "Uninstall" words.
  • TribbleTruffleTribbleTruffle Posts: 25 Member
    edited December 2013
    Thank you!!!
  • berrybunny38berrybunny38 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I found this after I uninstalled my base game. My sims launcher is now a mess and hasn't been working for hours....but I'm glad that others are fixing theirs, it's making me hopeful that maybe mine will soon work ^^

I'm disappointed however that I can't play my new EP: Island Paradise :(
  • lrnieukoopmom1965lrnieukoopmom1965 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Because of previous responses, I downloaded the basegame digital. They said that was the easiest way. After installing al the other games, ending with University, the game won't start at all!!!! Any ideas??? Please????
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2013
    Try applying the manual super patch: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.63.5.0240xx_update.exe

(if your game doesn't work after installing the digital version)

PC only
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• JYHLJYHL Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    thank you so much for the tips! It made my day!
  • KarriMKarriM Posts: 6 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Thank you! I was dreading the thought of a reinstall.
  • sierrathaosierrathao Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    THANKS A TON! WOW!
  • traceyrobshawtraceyrobshaw Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for this post! I was FREAKING OUT! :)
  • extreme_mommaextreme_momma Posts: 6
    edited December 2013
    Dude. You are my hero. I was about to click uninstall..... :!:
  • Grace-NymphadoraGrace-Nymphadora Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I did un-install my game! Please help!! I lost all my other games except base game! How did I re-install them? I'm not good with computers! Please help me!!
  • liamc3poliamc3po Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Thank you so much! :mrgreen:
  • Coli713Coli713 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I love you, you saved my life
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited December 2013
    OMG Crinrict you are a genius. I just installed that patch link and my game works. Holy Crap, I have been dealing with this all morning. I downloaded Supernatural and then WHAM it said DLC incompatibility and so like a fool I uninstalled Sims the base game. Well then I couldn't patch it because guess what? The stupid launcher no longer was working. I keep getting an error saying the launcher is not responding, windows is checking for a solution.

And yes I tried to by pass the launcher to no avail. I am in my game now. I have not tested it to see how it performs but at least I didn't have to uninstall over 11 EP's and stuff packs. You saved me tons of work and a HUGE headache.

Anyone having problems click on this link that Crinrict (sorry if I spelled that wrong) suggests on page 6 of this thread, Here is the link and information she gave us:

Try applying the manual super patch: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3
    _1.63.5.0240xx_update.exe

(if your game doesn't work after installing the digital version)

PC only

Then this is what I did next: Go to your download folder and click on the exe file that should be there. Download the file and it should take you through an install wizard. Then put in the latest DISC you bought....don't try and start your game with the latest install if you don't have the disc. You can also try to start it through origin if you want to go by the LAST game you bought. But I just put in my last DISC and it worked.

So thank you thank you thank you... :mrgreen:
  • XTS2009XTS2009 Posts: 357 New Member
    edited December 2013
    humph wish I'd seen this sooner! I already uninstalled base game and am dl'ing it via origin. Didn't uninstall EPs so IDK if this'll still work.. I'll try it though with any other issues/EPs if I have to start over..
  • GeniijaGeniija Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2013
    After I uninstalled then reinstalled I went to play the game and none of my expansions are working no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall them. Anybody know how to fix this? I used the super patch and still not working.
  • LifeIsTinkIsLifeLifeIsTinkIsLife Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I saw this a little late, but don't know if it would have helped me other than to save some DL time. I had to reinstall the base game off Origin and it took all day yesterday and all through the night. Even though it said it was only going to take 10 hours and 47 minutes. When it was completed it did not have any of my EP's, so I had to uninstall all of those. Base game kicked on with every expansion I clicked uninstall. Each one says it will take about 6.5 hours to DL again (off of this new i button). So it would probably take me 4-5 days before I can really play again, if it didn't damage my computer first. :x

All of this because I wanted to buy Island Paradise! :cry: Thanks a lot EA.
  • HayleyxAliceHayleyxAlice Posts: 130 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for this! I nearly uninstalled my base game, and would have had to reinstall my SPs and EPs, which is something I reaaally want to avoid. I bookmarked this in case I forget it, and named it 'life saver'. Thanks!
  • StephBEStephBE Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited January 2014
    I nearly did everything it said to do when I got the alert. Then I spoke to CS who were very nice. Then I clicked on Island Paradise and it didn't get the alert, just the download button. Then I thought about it and looked at the ones with the problem and they all just needed to be downloaded to be then installed. Then I saw the locked thread about it. I'm a total technophobe so I was so proud of myself for working it out. Took me about 10 hours but never mind!! :)
  • twobitprotwobitpro Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    thanks! you saved me alot of greif! :lol:
  • neaky122neaky122 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Thanks you :D Life saver

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top