Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dark Family Park! Perfect Gardens! Pool! Massive Cookout and Dance Halls! +45 Moodlet Total!

Hey everyone I finally finished my park... at least the first version of it. It didn't take too terribly long to grow the plants to Perfect with my House Keepers thankfully... Though there are a couples plants that are not perfect... though also don't really need to be (Money and Omni) however there is a couple of Perfect Omni Plants and one Perfect Money Tree in there.

This place is perfect for all the needs I use a park for... a MASSIVE BBQ and Bar area... a large dining hall which can be used to sit in or use your laptop in also... a large dancing/workout hall with a a flat screen TV and nice stereo... A playground... a large pool... and four washrooms with showers, toilets, and sinks... a lot of trash bins... and two long benches for all you Hobo Joe lovers.

NEW NOTE: Also this park was used in the Neighborhood Grill-a-thon. Which little to say everyone getting a +45 moodlet just for walking up to grab a plate of food or cook something... everyone was in a great mood there and the place was packed with Sims. This park will take away A LOT of traffic from the other parks but it is a wonderful addition to any city due to the fact if you go to the park... the townies will come to you... EASY to make A LOT of friends at this park.

Dark Family Park
DarkFamilyPark1.jpg

Massive cookout area I mentioned... (+30 Moodlet with 3hr duration for being in radius of the fridges!)
DarkFamilyPark6.jpg

Large Dance/Workout hall...
DarkFamilyPark4.jpg

Playground...
DarkFamilyPark3.jpg

Complete washrooms...
DarkFamilyPark2.jpg

Here is the crowning jewel... this is ONE OF FOUR complete gardens with PERFECT PLANTS!
DarkFamilyPark7.jpg

All this done on a 30x30 lot in Sunset Valley and can be used in Riverview. However I do warn it will take away a lot of your traffic from your other parks due to the amount of stuff on this park. Also as mentioned in the title it gives you a +15 moodlet due to the beautiful pool on the lot. Also a +30 moodlet with a 3hr duration for walking near the fridges!

Enjoy and please recommend when you download!
Dark Family Park: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=669314

P.S. here is a link to the "House Keeper"s I mentioned also: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/57815.page#507294

Comments

• Options
    mzpink98mzpink98 Posts: 555 Member
    edited July 2009
    It looks great! I downloaded and recomended it.
  • Options
    Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow, that must have taken forever!
    Good job! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RainbowSocksRainbowSocks Posts: 150 Member
    edited July 2009
    I love how it looks... symmetrical and the like.
  • Options
    DanteTheDarkDanteTheDark Posts: 926 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Bump
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    BuMp!
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited July 2009
    awesome i'm going to download this right now
  • Options
    SidonzoSidonzo Posts: 196 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I LOVE it! Now I just need to find it again when I am on my computer that has the Sims3 installed.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    BUMP
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    mzpink98 wrote:
    It looks great! I downloaded and recomended it.
    Taylor0628 wrote:
    Wow, that must have taken forever!
    Good job! :mrgreen:
    I love how it looks... symmetrical and the like.
    awesome i'm going to download this right now

ty!
  • Options
    xfunkychick93xxfunkychick93x Posts: 550 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow! :shock:

Downloading :) And I recommended it.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2009
    Beautiful, I appriciate your efforts and the time it took to get all of those perfect plants as well.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Beautiful, I appriciate your efforts and the time it took to get all of those perfect plants as well.

One of the things you will notice inside the gardens is that the plants are in different stages of growth... some still not fully grown... some have been fully grown for quite a while... it was my way to insure that depending on which day you went to the park you would get different pickings. Though yeah it dawned on me... "Why not make a park where the food while you are there is free?"
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ba bump
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ba bump ba bump
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    :!: TESTED :!: and all plants are on different growth timers so it makes the gardens something you have to keep an eye on from day to day to get any specific item you are after... other than that it works and is very fun for townies and characters alike.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited July 2009
    wow :shock:

thats pretty darned impressive if I do say so 8)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Zolt65 wrote:
    wow :shock:

thats pretty darned impressive if I do say so 8)

• Options
    innocentsorrowinnocentsorrow Posts: 1,089 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow!! That looks awesome! I am SO downloading that (+ a recommend :D ) !!! Great job!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    OK I just planted this park at 99 Landgraab Ave. and I find about a dozen Sims there all the time cooking, dancing, working out, playing with the playground, and mostly swimming... Though most of the other parks are pretty barren of Sims sometimes due to it... but hey free food... free drinks... free entertainment... and free showers... who could ask for more? ...and before you say beds... there are long benches meant specifically for you Hobo Joe lovers.

BTW 99 Landgraab Ave. is right beside Jolina's house

The side of the park that should be facing the street is the side that has the bathrooms.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Another note is that by going to the park and walking "near" the fridges there you will get a 3hr +30 Moodlet. You don't have to stay after the park after getting the moodlet if you don't want to but it does help getting that initial mood buff for the beginning of a work day.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Wow!! That looks awesome! I am SO downloading that (+ a recommend :D ) !!! Great job!

Thanks!
  • Options
    giggler36giggler36 Posts: 838 Member
    edited July 2009
    wow cool park,,, I'm downloading it and recomending it as my homeless sims will love to visit it to help them out :)

If I could give a bene I would :)
    h8U3C4c.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    giggler36 wrote:
    wow cool park,,, I'm downloading it and recomending it as my homeless sims will love to visit it to help them out :)

I'm gonna sound like such a nub but... whats a Bene?
  • Options
    giggler36giggler36 Posts: 838 Member
    edited July 2009
    giggler36 wrote:

I'm gonna sound like such a nub but... whats a Bene?

on the old sims2 forum you could rate the post beneficial :)

so if I could rate it with a "bene" I would have
    h8U3C4c.png
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow looks reall cool! I like what you've done in the corners, with the plants growing in the shadows of the taller trees. The colour scheme on it goes really wel, great job!
    I'm not one for downloading lots but if I was, I'd certainly download this! :)
    I'll recommend it for you.