Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Pets - Age Stages & Breed Sizes + Other Pets

Comments

• Options
    HmenzHmenz Posts: 394 Member
    edited July 2013
    Signed! This is perfect.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited July 2013
    TRachet wrote:
    Sure. :-)

I think The Sims 3 did an amazing job with the amount of interactions with our pets. If they do the coding with the sizes, and etc, then that would take away from other interactions. EPs can only hold so much. (Unless they make a nice game engine at the start.)

The reason they can't do heights/multiple sizes with the Sims is because it would cause them to code every single interaction with every single size. Which, of course, would take up the room of potential interactions. They talked about it being insanely challenging and difficult on Twitter. :?

Ah, are you talking about height sliders? If so, that is not what I meant in the post. We already have options to adjust pet size in-game, Small and Large breeds.

snq9mxR.png

Those two options are not accurate when it comes down to each of the dog breeds listed there.

As I have explained in the OP, a Great Dane doesn't have the same size as an Australian Shepherd. Another example would be the Chihuahua (Very small toy dog) and Beagle (medium dog) has the exact same size as each other.

OEqZswa.png

It would be great if they had more options for us to select different pet breed sizes, just like how we can now only with more options. Not the option to adjust their height. :wink:

I have found a more accurate diagram below.

kG6dvpF.jpg

The rest of the signatures have been updated. I have also added a new section, feel free to add in your own opinions and feedback on this.
    RazorXv2 wrote:
    Suggestion:

Newborn, requires milk (weaning) as a food source from the mother. The animal should not be able to do much at this stage.

Puppy/Kitten/Foal/Colt, able to eat regular food and more interactions with the environment. Still weans from mother

Young Adult - Opinions?

Adult

Elder

I'll also add in the explanation above to OP.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Evii3MEvii3M Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2013
    Amazing idea, Signed!! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Bump before heading off :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    atpeaceatpeace Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Signed
  • Options
    leafpool337leafpool337 Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    I agree. If they won't put it in basegame and expect me to shell out money for these features, they darned well better be awesome. Signed. Also, keep the Unicorns. Loved the unicorns.
    Also, adding llamas would be nice, considering all the hype about llamas...
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited July 2013
    RazorXv2 wrote:
    TRachet wrote:
    Sure. :-)

I think The Sims 3 did an amazing job with the amount of interactions with our pets. If they do the coding with the sizes, and etc, then that would take away from other interactions. EPs can only hold so much. (Unless they make a nice game engine at the start.)

The reason they can't do heights/multiple sizes with the Sims is because it would cause them to code every single interaction with every single size. Which, of course, would take up the room of potential interactions. They talked about it being insanely challenging and difficult on Twitter. :?

Ah, are you talking about height sliders? If so, that is not what I meant in the post. We already have options to adjust pet size in-game, Small and Large breeds.

snq9mxR.png

Those two options are not accurate when it comes down to each of the dog breeds listed there.

As I have explained in the OP, a Great Dane doesn't have the same size as an Australian Shepherd. Another example would be the Chihuahua (Very small toy dog) and Beagle (medium dog) has the exact same size as each other.

OEqZswa.png

It would be great if they had more options for us to select different pet breed sizes, just like how we can now only with more options. Not the option to adjust their height. :wink:

I have found a more accurate diagram below.

kG6dvpF.jpg

The rest of the signatures have been updated. I have also added a new section, feel free to add in your own opinions and feedback on this.
    RazorXv2 wrote:
    Suggestion:

Newborn, requires milk (weaning) as a food source from the mother. The animal should not be able to do much at this stage.

Puppy/Kitten/Foal/Colt, able to eat regular food and more interactions with the environment. Still weans from mother

Young Adult - Opinions?

Adult

Elder

I'll also add in the explanation above to OP.

OH!!! :lol:

Ok, well in that case, I totally agree with you. I just totally had a blank moment!

Oh I would love to have those sizes!

(Complete turn around... Are you a salesman? Just Kidding! :P )
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    @TRachet Glad that things cleared up. :) Lol! Am not a saleswoman, but I do have that sort of effect on promoting things. :P

@leafpool337 I have added your idea in the OP under the "OTHER IDEAS/FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS ".
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    beckles123beckles123 Posts: 679 Member
    edited July 2013
    signed
  • Options
    JULIETTE_JUVENILEJULIETTE_JUVENILE Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Signed(:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Updated :D
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2013
    While I'm not too concerned about the ages, the SIZES are a huge disappointment so YES please give each breed its CORRECT size EA! It would be cute to have something like an "infant" stage just as you do with babies though so that those who "raise" pets can have that adorable litter of puppies or kittens clinging to mama for a few Sim days at least. And when it comes to the dogs that are the same size as cats or smaller our Sims should definitely be able to pick them up and tote them around. LOL
  • Options
    cr7_lm10_rvp20cr7_lm10_rvp20 Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    Signed
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks you two. Updated :)

Also added in a new idea
      Allow cats and dogs to also have a thirst meter like the horse. They drink water too! Please add in water bowls for them.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2013
    Not sure if I will get Sims 4, the sizes sound good along with the breeds. But...I would like to have them actually less annoying as they have been in all Sims games. Honestly I have three cats and if they were as annoying as Sims pet...Also had all kinds of pet my whole life (believe me that is a long time). But any in real life pet acted like Sims pets..well I would of never owned a pet in real life.

I have always bought the pet exp but after dealing with the annoying little pixals for a few months..I stopped using them.

Edited..because I am sick and sleepy and it makes my spelling and uncomplete sentences worse.
  • Options
    SeanT346SeanT346 Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree in terms of having a greater range of heights for dogs, cats and horses. I disagree in terms of aging. I do understand that puppies/kittens start off as furless and highly dependent on the mother in their early weeks but I don't see a need for it in a gameplay sense. I would like to see more life stages for Sims but as far as pets go, I am quite content with the Puppy/Kitten/Foal > Adult > Elder model we have now.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Updated. :)

I have added both your feedbacks in the OP.
    gamekitten wrote:
    Not sure if I will get Sims 4, the sizes sound good along with the breeds. But...I would like to have them actually less annoying as they have been in all Sims games. Honestly I have three cats and if they were as annoying as Sims pet...Also had all kinds of pet my whole life (believe me that is a long time). But any in real life pet acted like Sims pets..well I would of never owned a pet in real life.

I have always bought the pet exp but after dealing with the annoying little pixals for a few months..I stopped using them.

Edited..because I am sick and sleepy and it makes my spelling and uncomplete sentences worse.
    SeanT346 wrote:
    I agree in terms of having a greater range of heights for dogs, cats and horses. I disagree in terms of aging. I do understand that puppies/kittens start off as furless and highly dependent on the mother in their early weeks but I don't see a need for it in a gameplay sense. I would like to see more life stages for Sims but as far as pets go, I am quite content with the Puppy/Kitten/Foal > Adult > Elder model we have now.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Bump
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    AA19849AA19849 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Signed!
  • Options