Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    Hello and Welcome @BethTS4 ! I'm glad you've joined us :-D
    I can't wait to hear more about Beth and see pictures when you can post them.
    It can be very hard to break the Motherlode habit but I hope you can enjoy the challenge. You'll eventually end up with more $ than you know what to do with!

I can't remember if the picture/link restriction has to do with time or # of posts. Anyone know how that works?
  • Options
    french_vanilla13french_vanilla13 Posts: 586 Member
    @Vuneca @BethTS4 I thought it had to do with getting x number of badges on the profiles? I remember when they first made the change and I kept getting that message. There was a whole thread about it and everyone was liking and reacting to the posts to get the rights to post pictures.

@Piazzagirl1015 It is great to hear from everyone in the GS family again as well!
    polariod_1

• Options
    BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    Vuneca wrote: »
    Hello and Welcome @BethTS4 ! I'm glad you've joined us :-D
    I can't wait to hear more about Beth and see pictures when you can post them.
    It can be very hard to break the Motherlode habit but I hope you can enjoy the challenge. You'll eventually end up with more $ than you know what to do with!

I can't remember if the picture/link restriction has to do with time or # of posts. Anyone know how that works?

Hey there, Vuneca!
    I LOVE your story! I'm still reading it and TBH you were the one who got me into this challenge haha!

I can't wait to post pictures, because my story is going, like, pretty fast, since I've been playing for a few hours yesterday.
    NGNB-8EuRwCJ0he-_czY2g.png
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    Hello everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

@Vuneca always glad to see you pop in. :)

@Piazzagirl1015 thanks. We go see the orthopedic doctor on Thursday and he'll get his hard cast on then, hopefully. They make you wait for a week for the swelling to go down, but his is still there so not sure. :( Yay on getting City Living. I'm still figuring that out with Anahi. Maybe I'll find some time to post an update or two about her.

@BethTS4 hello and welcome to the challenge! We always love getting new people. For pictures and links, you have to have 50 posts to be considered a 'member' instead of a 'new member'. They put in that requirement after there was an influx of troll accounts that joined the forum when this change over happened. So you just need to be chatty for a little while to get the count up. :) Can't wait to read about your founder. Not using cheats is a struggle for me too, but like @Vuneca said, before you know it, you'll build up your fortune.

@MischiefTheKitten don't think I answered the mobile thing, I've not tried to read the forums on my mobile. I'm always on my laptop when I do messages.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    Okay so I have the best solution before I can post pictures: I just stopped my challenge and continued playing with my Doctor Sim. :smiley:
  • Options
    @BethTS4 you can always post to a blog if you have one set up then just post the link to the blog here. That's where most of us house our stories anyway. :) When you post your link, it won't be hyperlinked because you need more posts for that as well, but you can still put the address in for us to copy and paste into our browser. We had another participate do it that way as she built up her posts.

• Options
    jazen wrote: »
    @BethTS4 you can always post to a blog if you have one set up then just post the link to the blog here. That's where most of us house our stories anyway. :) When you post your link, it won't be hyperlinked because you need more posts for that as well, but you can still put the address in for us to copy and paste into our browser. We had another participate do it that way as she built up her posts.

Good idea, I'll try it!
  • Options
    Sigh. I didn't had time to create a blog. I'll just wait 'til I can post here. :smiley:
  • Options
    Alrighty. I bring you guys an update after a 2 month break.

Enjoy :)

tumblr_oiyh930TH71uuld2lo1_540.png

Chapter 26

• Options
    jeapos88jeapos88 Posts: 28 New Member
    BethTS4 wrote: »
    Sigh. I didn't had time to create a blog. I'll just wait 'til I can post here. :smiley:

I can't wait to read your story, I love to see new stories. I feel you on not being able to post pics here, I'm not able to yet, I have a blog and like jazen said just copy the link and past here.

• Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @BethTS4 Welcome to Going Solo which happens to be the most friendliest community on the Sims forums. Hopefully you will make it to member soon so we can see your sim soon. You may want to reconsider using a blog though as posting pictures here requires you to use a third party such as photobucket or imageshack so it will be easier to post pictures on your blog. You should be a member soon as we are liking your posts which will help get you there.

@Jazen I do hope that everything went well at the doctor today. I haven't had much chance to explore City Living but I'm hoping I do next weekend when I'm off. Yay an Update :) I'll be reading it as soon as I post this message.

@jeapos88 Welcome back and I think I need to catch up with your story.

@Everyone Remember when I said that my schedule would be changing and I would have more time on my hands, well I was partly right. I will have that time but not until April 9th. It seems that we are going to be working extra hours again. I was told it will be worse than Black Friday and Christmas Season. It will be a liquidation sale. As of April 9th I will be amongst the unemployed. I'm not surprised as it was all over the internet that stores were being closed in huge numbers especially the ones that were in rented space and I'm not upset at all so no one please feel bad as I'm counting my blessings.

1) I hated this job to no end and dreaded having to wake up each day to go to that place.
    2) The job was becoming more and more physically impossible for me. I may not be over the hill yet but I'm not getting younger and the hours on my feet and carrying heavy items was getting to me. I usually come home with back pain and every single bone in my body aching.
    3) It will be easier for me to find a new job as I won't have to work and I will have an unemployment check coming in.
    4) My time off starts in the Spring when it will be much easier to find work and possibly a few nice weather days off.
    5) I won't have to worry if I will have Easter which happens to be my Mom's birthday this year off. I even offered to do the cooking this year for her since I will actually be home on a holiday.
    6) Depending on whatever job I get I might not have to miss Thanksgiving with my family next year.
    7) I might even start to look forward to Christmas again.

The only thing I do feel bad about is leaving my co workers and friends that I made there. We already have a party set up in February on a Sunday night after the store closes. The husband of one of my co workers owns a restaurant and they are closing the place for the night for us that so that we can all have one last hurrah.

• Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 he's doing well. Got his hard cast yesterday

tumblr_inline_oiydn0faDp1ttmyok_1280.jpg

I had to make sure he displayed how much his mommy loved him. LOL

Oh wow...sorry to hear you're going to be unemployed. I know you didn't like the job, but the prospect of being jobless can still be scary. You do have a good outlook on it as you didn't like that job. On top of that at least they gave you guys some advance notice. Now I'm sure there will be a bunch that just stop coming in as they look for other jobs, but if they're smart they'll ride it out so they can get the unemployment check. Hope you find a new job quickly that's not in retail! :)

Losing the co-workers/friends will be the hardest part, but at least you guys are planning a big send off.

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member

Hey there, Vuneca!
    I LOVE your story! I'm still reading it and TBH you were the one who got me into this challenge haha!

I can't wait to post pictures, because my story is going, like, pretty fast, since I've been playing for a few hours yesterday.
    Aw thanks! I am glad you've enjoyed it. I am sorry to say it ends abruptly as I have not updated in a very LONG time. Real life packed quite a punch this year

@jazen Hooray for an update! I can't wait to read it. Hahah. I love his cast, I would totally do the same thing!

@Piazzagirl1015 It says a lot about where you are in life to be looking so fwd to your job ending. Based on previous posts, it sounded like a terrible place. And hard. You are super resilient and I am sure there are great things in store for you in 2017!

My new years goals are to continue with my personal training (I hired a personal trainer to help manage my stress and give me an outlet), pick up where I left on on my degree (just got off the phone and they were super understanding and are working with me to get caught back up), and get my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Going Solo save repaired and working. I had such big plans for her!

If all goes well these next 6 weeks, my son will be in maintenance on Feb 13. That means only one hospital visit a month and he gets to go back to school! :-D <3

2016 has been an unusually rough year for a lot of us and I am so looking fwd to better things next year. If not, at least we're stronger as we head into the storm
  • Options
    @Vuneca I'm hoping you have a great kick off to 2017! Fingers crossed his treatments go well and the hospital visits can slow down! I'm sure he's looking forward to that as much as you are.

Sending you a little good luck
    good-luck-fairy.jpg

It's good you have an outlet with the personal trainer, you need something. :) Woot! On getting back to school. I was talking with my sister about that the other day and trying to decide what I'd want to study if I went for my degree.

LOL he knew I was going to write something embarrassing on his cast. He can cover it over though since it's at the top and is pants fall down over it. Had to go out and buy him a bunch of wide leg sweatpants. :)

• Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @Jazen I'm glad to hear he is doing well and like @Vuneca I would do the same thing too. I could actually hear my daughter's remarks would say about it.

@Vuneca We are going to continue to pray for you son and hopefully everything will go well in these next few weeks.

I'm sure you will be happy to see 2016 go and it sounds like you have everything planned out and I do hope that you will be able to jump right back into your studies.

@Jazen and @Vuneca Thank so much for the support :) They actually brought us the notices to sign that we have been notified about the store closing today. I'm actually the one that is going around telling everyone who is worried that it is not the end of the world and to look forward to the unemployment checks. It seems to be working because we are all getting very lax on things we normally would take more seriously.
  • Options
    Ah okay guys, I won't be a lazy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and I'll create a blog! I don't really have a story yet, but I really want to share my pictures and my first Sim!
  • Options
    Here's my first post. I'll sooon write my next chapter, where things got crazy quickly...

mygoingsolochallengets4 . blogspot . hu

I can't post links, but you can find it. :blush:
  • Options
    Chapter 2 is posted. I don't really know where to go, but I'll figure it out!
  • Options
    Chapter 2 is posted. I don't really know where to go, but I'll figure it out!

My first three generations had no real story, mainly I just wrote what happened as I played. My last few generations I actually had their story planed before I started playing.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the lovely comments! I'll post a new chapter in a few minutes.
  • Options
    New chapeter is posted! :blush:
  • Options
    tumblr_oivaidSeSD1usf61uo1_500.gif

Happy New Year!!! Wishing you all the best for 2017

• Options
    Happy new year!

My new chapter is posted. Now I have an idea where to go with my family....just wait for it..
  • Options
    Happy new year!

My new chapter is posted. Now I have an idea where to go with my family....just wait for it..

mygoingsolochallengets4.blogspot.hu/2017/01/chapter-3.html
  • Options
    New chapter
    lifeorsomethinglegacy.blogspot.com/2016/12/composer-415.html

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top